HSOE Show 29: 9/19/10 - San Antonio, TX

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

HSOE Show 29: 9/19/10 - San Antonio, TX

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_091910

Details
AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Promoter: Live Nation
Opening Act(s): GUITAR CENTER WINNER TBA, The Envy, The Academy Is
Attendance: ? / 18,000 (MAX)

"Hottest Show On Earth" set lists will be archived HERE

Full song performance stats HERE
Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
moe0227
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by moe0227 »

hell ya just upgraded my tix to 7th row Tommy's side! taking my wife and 6 year old son and i'm super psyched! :D
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by simmons & stanley »

yea,i saw those tix on ticketmaster yesterday night.i would have got them but for me and my 2 boys,thats $375.i settled for sec 24.cant wait .it should be a hell of a show.
Ace The Plumber
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Ace The Plumber »

I bet you all are happy it's an indoor show. I wish I could make it tonight
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

yea,finally an indoor show.if i remember right the last one was on the farewell tour in the alamodome.same with the rush show here on thursday.the last one for them i believe was on the counterparts tour also in the alamodome.all because there is no more verizon amphtheatre.
Ace The Plumber

Post by Ace The Plumber »

yea, at first I thought losing verison wireless amplitheater would be a bad thing, seems like its turning out to be a good thing.
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

I got crappy seats. Section 207 :(. I'll have fun as I think I'm going not expecting anything...I won't be writing down a review...just going to enjoy myself and let the other people worry about the details.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

txmikey
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by txmikey »

It really was a fantastic show, better than the Alive 35 tour I saw last December in Austin. The band is totally clicking live right now. Paul's voice is in much better shape and Tommy has really loosened up and developed some stage presence. The Thayer/Singer duel solo is definitely a highlight and the crowd loved it. Gene still seems to be having a great time on stage every night as well.

I went in with moderate expectations and came out blown away that this band - nearly 40 years old now - can still put on shows of this caliber. I'm certain there'll be at least one more album and tour with this lineup. You can tell from the smiles on Paul's face he is having way too much fun to walk away just yet.
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

txmikey wrote:It really was a fantastic show, better than the Alive 35 tour I saw last December in Austin. The band is totally clicking live right now. Paul's voice is in much better shape and Tommy has really loosened up and developed some stage presence. The Thayer/Singer duel solo is definitely a highlight and the crowd loved it. Gene still seems to be having a great time on stage every night as well.

I went in with moderate expectations and came out blown away that this band - nearly 40 years old now - can still put on shows of this caliber. I'm certain there'll be at least one more album and tour with this lineup. You can tell from the smiles on Paul's face he is having way too much fun to walk away just yet.
I agree! I stayed away from the reviews so I didn't know what to expect. I even kept away from postings that had the set list. I was very surprised and happy to say that was one of the best shows that I've been to. Paul was all smiles, Eric was a monster on drums, and Tommy was great. Everyone gave those two loud cheers during their solo spots.

Worth every cent. Great, great show.
drolaw

Post by drolaw »

BTW - was I the only one who thought "The Academy Is" playing Fox on the Run was weird considering Ace just did a cover it on his Anomaly album? Mind you I thought they sang it better than Ace did.
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

one other thing i thought was funny is how on beth,the screens showed hands with lighters in the air,like the old school days.when you look in the crowd,i didnt see a one,theres cell phones everwhere up in the air now.i miss the lighters,but no smoking also in the arena killed that i guess.
moe0227
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by moe0227 »

Any chance anyone has a scan of an actual setlist from this show, or tour even? I wanna put a scrapbook together for my son's first concert. Thanks!
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Wounded Warriors check from KISS' San Antonio show Sunday night. To date, KISS has raised $440,374.00 for the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project on the Hottest Show On Earth tour!

KISS is donating one dollar from every admission sold throughout the Hottest Show On Earth Tour to the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project.

14,792 added to total
Attachments
san antonio.jpg
san antonio.jpg (38.75 KiB) Viewed 2749 times