HSOE Show 28: 9/18/10 - Dallas, TX

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

HSOE Show 28: 9/18/10 - Dallas, TX

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_091810

Details
Pizza Hut Park, Dallas, TX
Promoter: Live Nation
Opening Act(s): GUITAR CENTER WINNER TBA, The Envy, The Academy Is
Attendance: ? / 26,000 (MAX)

"Hottest Show On Earth" set lists will be archived HERE

Full song performance stats HERE
Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austin Allison
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Austin Allison »

I will be at this show. Section 131 Row 3. I'm also doing the m&g
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

general admission seats here. gonna skip all the crappy bands and just hang out at a bar or tailgate before KISS. taking my buddy who is 55 and never seen KISS
Lord Ace

Post by Lord Ace »

I'll be there as well. Looking forward to it. 8)
dute
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by dute »

Looking forward to the reviews/photos from those attending. 8)

Austin...m+g review from you!
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

dute wrote: Austin...m+g review from you!
Of course!
rockerrr
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rockerrr »

A schedule of the acts and what time they play has been posted at pizzhutpark.com. Look at the bottom left hand of the page to find the link.
Kiss is scheduled to go on at 9:15 pm.
JimiG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by JimiG »

Can't wait! Two nights in a row.
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

Leaving for Dallas in about 3 hours. It'll be a 5 hour drive from here in Lubbock.
Lord Killal0t
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lord Killal0t »

My girlfriend and I are going. Section 103 seats 1 and 2 row F or so.

My friend's band, Revengence, opens up for KISS at 4pm. I think I'll be there for that. That, and buying Merch.
Paulcarr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Paulcarr »

Me and my guitarist will be attending. We have GA tickets and plan to get there early and hold on to the gate. I just finished my make up and I'm quite sure I will be the only Vinnie there.
scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by scottkfan1 »

the show is expected to be a sellout
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

http://realfrisco.com/

KISS is Coming to Frisco!

Frisco will play host to the greatest Rock band of the last 40 years. KISS will be the main performer of Rock N the Park at Pizza Hut Park.

The event will take place starting at 1:30pm and feature other bands such as Daughtry and Pat Green.

KISS has been a long time popular band as far back as the early 1970's. They are largely known for their costumes and KISS make-up.

KISS is one of the widest bands marketed, from clothes to diaper bags to art contests, KISS is a successful empire.

Frisco is excited to welcome them to our city! Rock N the Park is expected to be sell-out and should generate a enormous amount of revenue. This is by far the largest event to take place at Pizza Hut Park to date.

Wasn't somebody trying top claim last month that they were using a soccer game to promote this concert? And not the concert to promote the game??
Austin Allison

Post by Austin Allison »

30 minutes until I meet Kiss!
punky
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by punky »

And......?????????? :?
Lord Killal0t
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lord Killal0t »

So, I just got back form the concert.

Two Words: Fuck, yeah.

Also, the crowd was kinda small and didn't know the words to GGRRTY II.

Great Concert.
rockerrr
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rockerrr »

I'll post a longer review and my awesome experience at the show tonight later tomorrow. I wanted to say something about the crowd size tonight. It was deceptively large. It wasn't close to being a sellout. But it is easily the biggest venue in the United States that they have played since Dodger Stadium in 1998. If I had to guess, the place would easily hold 40 to 45 thousand people at capacity for a concert. In a summer where the Eagles had to cancel concerts, and Aerosmith had to have a ticket "firesale" in Dallas last month, selling out that place was never going to happen no matter what you may have read somewhere else.

But like I said, the crowd was deceptively large. The place is massive and everyone was so spread out in it that the crowd looked smaller than it was. The crowd was right at 20,000 tonight. That's 3000 more people than they did at the American Airlines Center in Downtown Dallas on the Alive 35 Tour last December.

The funny thing is, I think the crowd size even fooled Paul. After the first couple of songs, he commented that the crowd wasn't the biggest, but we could be the loudest. Well, I would venture to guess that 20.000 was actually more people than was at the Houston show last night which was a sellout I believe.

So they actually had a great crowd, it just didn't look like it because the place was massive, and there were plenty of empty seats.
JimiG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by JimiG »

They may have sold 20K, but from where I was there was not that many when KISS went on. Maybe GA was maybe 2/3 Full. Reserved was sparse past GA barricades. I was section 108. Great show, better than Houston the night before. Sound was excellent. Fireworks were good and we got a stage diver!!! This place is not even close to the size of Dodger Stadium, which is 56K. Pizza hut park is 21,193. They played Roosevelt Stadium which is bigger.

Jesus! I'm a NERD!
Attachments
BrianBoitano.jpg
BrianBoitano.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 5164 times
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

the place seats about low 20,000 its not even close to doger stadium wich is massive
rockerrr
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rockerrr »

Well guys my bad. You are exactly right. Pizza Hut Park holds 22 thousand for soccer. I couldn't find capacity numbers for a concert. The place absolutely fooled me. I guess what messed me up was I had thought the place was built to hold 40,000 for soccer. For it to hold only 22,000 and for soccer is really surprising. Of course I wouldn't see soccer there if I got the tickets for free.

I came up with the 20,000 sold through the wounded warriors check. In Houston the night before it was 405,000 dollars. In Frisco it was 425,000 dollars.

I will say the crowd that was there really pissed me off. There were 4 cougars sitting behind me who came to see Daughtry. They raved all night about how "hot" he was. His music was absolutely boring. Every song was mid tempo. No variety at all. Boring. The cougars raved about how this was the fourth for them to see him. They hung around Kiss' first 5 songs then left.

The other thing that pissed me off was a lot people left between the end of the show and the start of the enchore. While it was always my dream for Kiss to play my hometown venue, it probably would have been better to have it in downtown Dallas. Frisco is 25 miles north of Dallas. I'm sure the location cut down on the amount of people coming from Forth Worth and south of Dallas. I felt the location cut down on the number of "diehards" and drew a much less knowledgeable and casual fan.

But I will agree with an earlier post. The show was great, the band sounded great, and sound for Kiss was awesome. You could understand every word they were singing. A great night for me.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS THRILLS DALLAS
September 19, 2010

By Mario Tarradell
Photo by Keith Leroux for KISSonline

FRISCO - The demon onstage was Gene Simmons, the blood-spewing, tongue-wagging bassist for iconic classic rock band KISS. Simmons and fellow KISS mates Paul Stanley (the Starchild), Eric Singer (the Catman) and Tommy Thayer (Space Ace) headlined Saturday's Rock'N the Park at Pizza Hut Park. The daylong festival attracted more than 12,000 fans.

Simmons had some competition from another demon, this one with a bleacher seat. Chris Hardt, 26, of Fort Worth was decked out in demon regalia - full makeup, 7-inch platform shoes, spiked-sleeve cape, everything. He posed for picture after picture.

"I've been a fan since I was 15," Hardt said before seeing KISS in concert a third time. "I love their music. The stage show is awesome. I haven't met them yet. But I want to."

It took Hardt an hour to put on the get-up, which he purchased from an official KISS costume website.

The original demon had his biggest moment before the audience, many of which were standing on the stadium's field, during his signature blood-spitting introduction to "I Love It Loud." That should've been the theme of the two-hour-plus show, which throbbed with relentless pyrotechnic explosions, billowing smoke, the sparkling black-and-platinum wardrobe, risers, hydraulics and a high cable that transported Stanley from the main stage to a small platform above the floor throng.

He sang "I Was Made for Lovin' You," one of six encore tunes, on that mini-platform before gliding back to join his buddies.

Fans ate up the spectacle. One overzealous guy hopped onto the stage, and before security could cart him off, he dived into the crowd. It was all perfectly synchronized as if rehearsed.

A couple of KISS songs deserve special mention: "Crazy Crazy Nights," a rarity in concert, and "Shock Me," a 1977 Ace Frehley track so identified with the former band guitarist that it was jarring to hear Thayer sing it.

But nobody flinched, especially not the array of families in attendance. Everywhere you looked, there were 40-something parents with their 10-something children.

Every style of rock 'n' roll still bridges the generations... Now that's acceptance.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

http://musicblog.dallasnews.com/archive ... za-hu.html

FRISCO - The demon onstage was Gene Simmons, the blood-spewing, tongue-wagging bassist for iconic classic rock band KISS. Simmons and fellow KISS mates Paul Stanley (the Starchild), Eric Singer (the Catman) and Tommy Thayer (Space Ace) headlined Saturday's Rock'N the Park at Pizza Hut Park.

The day-long festival attracted more than 12,000 fans and featured performances by two Dallas hard rock groups, Drowning Pool and Revengeance, Fort Worth's Pat Green , Daughtry, The Envy and The Academy Is.

Simmons had some competition from another demon, this one with a bleacher seat. Chris Hardt, 26, of Fort Worth, was decked out in demon regalia - full make-up, 7-inch platform shoes, spiked sleeve cape, everything. He posed for picture after picture.

"I've been a fan since I was 15," Hardt said before seeing KISS in concert a third time. "I love their music. The stage show is awesome. I haven't met them yet. But I want to."

It took Hardt an hour to put on the get-up, which he purchased from an official KISS costume website.

The original demon had his biggest moment before the audience, many of which were standing on the stadium's field, during his signature blood-spitting introduction to "I Love It Loud." That should've been the theme of the two-hour-plus show, which throbbed with relentless pyrotechnic explosions, billowing smoke, the sparkling black-and-platinum wardrobe, risers, hydraulics and a high cable that transported Stanley from the main stage to a small platform above the floor throng.

He sang "I Was Made for Lovin' You," one of six encore tunes, on that mini-platform before gliding back to join his buddies.

Fans ate up the spectacle. One overzealous guy hopped onto the stage, and before security could card him off he dove into the crowd. It was all perfectly synchronized as if rehearsed.

A couple of KISS songs deserve special mention: "Crazy Crazy Nights," a rarity in concert, and "Shock Me," a 1977 Ace Frehley track so identified with the former band guitarist that it was jarring to hear Thayer sing it.

But nobody flinched, especially not the array of families in attendance. Everywhere you looked there were 40-something parents with their 10-something child.

Every style of rock 'n' roll still bridges the generations. Daughtry's modern rock had an anthem-like vibe. Drowning Pool's roaring rock proved exhilarating in the scorching afternoon heat. And Green's Texas country-rock, odd in this line-up, blended seamlessly. A handful of teenagers on the floor did a mosh-meets-honky-tonk spastic thing. Now that's acceptance.
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

Austin Allison wrote:30 minutes until I meet Kiss!
Where's your meet and greet review???

edit: found it.
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

the review on KissOnline says 12,000 attendance?...
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

nothing wrong with 12,000 if thats the number
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Wounded Warriors check from KISS' Dallas show Saturday night. To date, KISS has raised $425,582.00 for the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project on the Hottest Show On Earth tour!

KISS is donating one dollar from every admission sold throughout the Hottest Show On Earth Tour to the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project.

20,274 added to total.
Attachments
dallas crowd.jpg
dallas crowd.jpg (34.43 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
dallas check.jpg
dallas check.jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
ozlites
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: HSOE Show 28: 9/18/10 - Dallas, TX

Post by ozlites »

I was there, got discounted tickets at the last minute was why I went, show was OK. Here's some pics I took.
Attachments
Kiss-Sept'10 Paulpoints.JPG
Kiss-Sept'10 Geneblood.JPG
Kiss-Sept'10 Gene.JPG
Kiss-Sept'10 ES Beth.JPG
Kiss-Sept'10 flames.JPG