HSOE Show 25: 9/11/10 - Detroit, MI

Julien
Whee Wan

HSOE Show 25: 9/11/10 - Detroit, MI

Post by Julien »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_091110

Details
DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit, MI
Promoter: Live Nation
Opening Act(s): GUITAR CENTER WINNER TBA, The Envy, The Academy Is
Attendance: ? / 15,202 (MAX)

"Hottest Show On Earth" set lists will be archived HERE

Full song performance stats HERE
Last edited by Julien on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tymaster
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Tymaster »

Show seems to be selling really well, not that KISS have ever struggled in Detroit. I was considering the 4.5 hour haul to Detroit Rock City, but good seats are slim picking. I may go to the Akron show. Game time decision.
sitdown248
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sitdown248 »

I'll be at the show and am extremely pumped, my first KISS show in Detroit Rock City!!! I've seen them before at Sarnia in Canada, but never in Detroit, which is what I'm looking forward to most.
The Phantom of the Park
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by The Phantom of the Park »

sitdown248 wrote:I'll be at the show and am extremely pumped, my first KISS show in Detroit Rock City!!! I've seen them before at Sarnia in Canada, but never in Detroit, which is what I'm looking forward to most.
The band has some serious love for Detroit. A KISS show in the Motor City area is always a special experience.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

The Phantom of the Park wrote:
sitdown248 wrote:I'll be at the show and am extremely pumped, my first KISS show in Detroit Rock City!!! I've seen them before at Sarnia in Canada, but never in Detroit, which is what I'm looking forward to most.
The band has some serious love for Detroit. A KISS show in the Motor City area is always a special experience.
Heck yes. Just look at the number of venues KISS have played in the Detroit Metropolitan Area:
Michigan Palace
Cobo Arena
Olympia Stadium
The Pontiac Silverdome
The Palace of Auburn Hills
Tiger Stadium
DTE/Pine Knob
Comerica Park

KISS should play Joe Louis just to say they've played every major venue in the city!
The Phantom of the Park

Tymaster wrote:
Heck yes. Just look at the number of venues KISS have played in the Detroit Metropolitan Area:
Michigan Palace
Cobo Arena
Olympia Stadium
The Pontiac Silverdome
Tiger Stadium
DTE/Pine Knob
Comerica Park

KISS should play Joe Louis just to say they've played every major venue in the city!
I have a friend who swears he saw KISS at The Joe on the Crazy Nights tour. I think he is mistaken.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tymaster wrote:
Michigan Palace
Cobo Arena
Olympia Stadium
The Pontiac Silverdome
Tiger Stadium
DTE/Pine Knob
Comerica Park

I have a friend who swears he saw KISS at The Joe on the Crazy Nights tour. I think he is mistaken.
Well, in his defense, Cobo Arena and Joe Louis Arena are part of the same complex. The Crazy Nights show was definitely at Cobo (and was pro-shot, despite what the hoarders tell ya!!)
The Phantom of the Park

Tymaster wrote:
Well, in his defense, Cobo Arena and Joe Louis Arena are part of the same complex.
Yeah, but he knows that. We're both very familiar with the area, as we attend a lot of Red Wings games.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tymaster wrote:
Well, in his defense, Cobo Arena and Joe Louis Arena are part of the same complex.
Yeah, but he knows that. We're both very familiar with the area, as we attend a lot of Red Wings games.
Interesting. I'm surprised they were never booked at Joe Louis. Especially seeing how Olympia Entertainment does booking for just about every venue in town. The Joe is doomed if the Red Wings move on up to the Palace though. Doomed like the rest of that God forsaken downtown.
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

ILL BE THERE!
ANY MEET-UPS...LET ME KNOW!
TAIL GATE KISSFAQERS!!
MY 31ST SHOW!
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by sugardaddy »

i'm bringing my girlfriend and her two sons up from Tennessee for their first KISS experience and not a better city in the U.S. to do it at.

This will be at least my 5th show in Rock City.

QUESTION: which local radio station is sponsoring this show? which one gives KISS the most airplay?
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

sugardaddy wrote:i'm bringing my girlfriend and her two sons up from Tennessee for their first KISS experience and not a better city in the U.S. to do it at.

This will be at least my 5th show in Rock City.

QUESTION: which local radio station is sponsoring this show? which one gives KISS the most airplay?
WRIF 101.1 fm
and WCXS 94.7fm
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

The start time on tickets is 6:30. I've read that KISS usually hits the stage around 9 p.m. Are we really going to have 2 1/2 hours of opening bands?
The Phantom of the Park

Spaceace wrote:The start time on tickets is 6:30. I've read that KISS usually hits the stage around 9 p.m. Are we really going to have 2 1/2 hours of opening bands?
You might, I won't.

I'll be partying in the parking lot.
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

ANYONE THAT WANTS TO MEET UP N DRINK IN PARKING LOT-HIT ME UP A PM...ILL BE THERE EARLY WITH SOME OTHER KISSFAQERS, AND KISS ARMY!
purpleplanet10
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by purpleplanet10 »

sooo looking forward to this weekend.. this will be show number 9 for me!
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

Spaceace wrote:The start time on tickets is 6:30. I've read that KISS usually hits the stage around 9 p.m. Are we really going to have 2 1/2 hours of opening bands?
You might, I won't.

I'll be partying in the parking lot.
Good Answer!
stanleypaul
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by stanleypaul »

As with all Detroit KISS shows this will be a very memorable one for my wife and I! We are bringing our 2 oldest kids, ages 12 and 8. I cant wait to see the look on their faces when we hear the words ALLLLLLL Right DETROIT!!! This will also be show number 28 for me.
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

cant wait!!!!!!!!!
stlkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by stlkiss »

I'll be making the drive from St. Louis. I'm taking my girlfriend to her first KISS show! It'll be my 15th.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

taking my gf and her 14 and 11 year old sons. their first KISS concert, my 39th. looks like its gonna rain. who are the opening bands?
Abnrdvro
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Abnrdvro »

Flying in for this one as I have to work in nearby Chicago all of next week. I'll be scanning the parking lot for FAQers'. Who's bringing the Guinness? :D
sitdown248
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sitdown248 »

Anyone else really bummed about the lack of talent in the opening bands? Just heard the local band that's going to be opening in Detroit :

http://www.myspace.com/konniptionfit

I felt they were almost identical to The Envy and The Academy Is... who I also feel are terrible choices for the tour. I mean I'm still hyped for the concert and KISS, but come on, I could think of about 15 bands who probably would have cost the same that are from the area that sound 10 x better
The Phantom of the Park

sitdown248 wrote:Anyone else really bummed about the lack of talent in the opening bands?
Nope, that shit just doesn't bother me. I can't remember the last time I watched an opening band. Probably Skid Row on the RTN tour.
purpleplanet10
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by purpleplanet10 »

hey DTE ers" there is a 40 to 60% chance of showers for our show... so you might wanna come prepaired for rain just incase... ♪ ♫ I think it's gonna Raaaaain, down down down, i think it's gonna Rain♫ ♪

so pumped for the show tomorrow!!!! rain or shine i don't care!
jconnors
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

purpleplanet10 wrote:hey DTE ers" there is a 40 to 60% chance of showers for our show... so you might wanna come prepaired for rain just incase... ♪ ♫ I think it's gonna Raaaaain, down down down, i think it's gonna Rain♫ ♪

It might get cancelled. It rained during one of the ozzfest shows last month and ended up getting cancelled.
stanleypaul
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by stanleypaul »

For the out of towners, where is everyone staying?????
purpleplanet10
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by purpleplanet10 »

jconnors wrote:
purpleplanet10 wrote:hey DTE ers" there is a 40 to 60% chance of showers for our show... so you might wanna come prepaired for rain just incase... ♪ ♫ I think it's gonna Raaaaain, down down down, i think it's gonna Rain♫ ♪

It might get cancelled. It rained during one of the ozzfest shows last month and ended up getting cancelled.
i think we should be fine.. as long as it is just a light rain... but i think we will be ok... i hope!
The Phantom of the Park

Minutes away from hitting the road for the 350 mile trip to Motown.

Rain or shine, a KISS show in Detroit is an event that should never be missed!
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT DEEEEEEETROIT!

PUMPED UP FOR THIS MUTHER!-RAIN OR SHINE
7 HOURS AWAY TIL I HIT THE PARKING LOT FOR THE KISSARMY/FAQERS TAILGATE!!!!

DETROIT ROCK CITY BABY!
purpleplanet10
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by purpleplanet10 »

ready to leave the house... what out for I-75 there are having road work done.. some stretches are down to one lane... GOD I HATE MICHIGIAN.. OH...IO.. GO BUCKS & GO KISS!!!
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Looks like the rain is pulling out of DRC just in time. Have fun everyone. Report back before you hit the sack!
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Got a text from my friend earlier..."HOLY SHIT THEY JUST PLAYED DETROIT ROCK CITY FUCK YEAH!!!"

Groundbreaking stuff. :lol:
kissthat

Post by kissthat »

Wounded Warriors check from KISS' Detroit-area show on Saturday. To date, KISS has raised $372,354.00 for the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project on the Hottest Show On Earth tour!

KISS is donating one dollar from every admission sold throughout the Hottest Show On Earth Tour to the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eddieg1968
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by eddieg1968 »

GOD DAMN..............WHAT A SHOW!
PICS SOON!
The Phantom of the Park

eddieg1968 wrote:GOD DAMN..............WHAT A SHOW!
PICS SOON!
Great, wasn't it? 8)
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

KISS IS DOOMED
Stunman_D
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Stunman_D »

scottkfan1 wrote:KISS IS DOOMED
Super show! The live recording has been playing all day long, as I morn the Lions win...I mean loss...
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

KISS IS DOOMED..gene paid all the people in the photo to show up.its summer,there were 3 bands its a festival,there going only for gene and paul,they all think its peter and ace on stage,there is nothing else to do on the weekends..2000 paid 13,000 got in free,there there for the pyro,there kids they dont know any better.all the other tours were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales so we had to see kiss no one else was on tour.my parents forced me to go,they all went there to protest tommy and eric in the make up..KISS IS DDOMMED
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

ever notice that Gene always puts his arm around the soldier nearest him at every show on this tour when displaying the giant check ? It's a scripted part of the show like most every part of their show is planned a scripted precision like.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

scottkfan1 wrote:KISS IS DOOMED..gene paid all the people in the photo to show up.its summer,there were 3 bands its a festival,there going only for gene and paul,they all think its peter and ace on stage,there is nothing else to do on the weekends..2000 paid 13,000 got in free,there there for the pyro,there kids they dont know any better.all the other tours were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales so we had to see kiss no one else was on tour.my parents forced me to go,they all went there to protest tommy and eric in the make up..KISS IS DDOMMED
:)
jconnors
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

cwr18 wrote:
scottkfan1 wrote:KISS IS DOOMED..gene paid all the people in the photo to show up.its summer,there were 3 bands its a festival,there going only for gene and paul,they all think its peter and ace on stage,there is nothing else to do on the weekends..2000 paid 13,000 got in free,there there for the pyro,there kids they dont know any better.all the other tours were cancelled due to lack of ticket sales so we had to see kiss no one else was on tour.my parents forced me to go,they all went there to protest tommy and eric in the make up..KISS IS DDOMMED
:)
+1
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

eddie g. saw yer avatar up on the screen. pretty cool.

couple of thoughts from the day:
1) I-75 was horrid. construction delays made a 1 hour trip from wyandotte to clarkston 2 hours. got there just before The Acadmey Is hit the stage

2) The Academy Is.....SUCK!

3) The rain magically stopped right before we got to the show. It was fun watching everyone fall on their ass in the wet lawn area grass, me included.

4) Paul's voice is fucked. Yet he talks/signs in between songs more than any tour in the past. Strange. As we were walking out a guy behind me said that he hopes they take some time off before Mexico because his voice will need it. He then goes on to say that he performed pretty well for someone who had a heart attack a month ago :roll: :lol: :shock: :lol: :roll:

5) I think the pledge of allegiance is a bit much.

6) I miss the "pan" effect during Tommy's solo

7) Paul was incredibly mobile this show. Lots of jumps.

8) My girlfriends favorite moment was Beth

9) My girlfriends sons (11 and 14) said they knew it would be good, but didn't think it was gonna be THAT good.

10) The crowd was great even saw Captain America there.

11) The first place we stopped upon arriving in detroit was 7-11

12) It was a fun show, but gone are the days where I will see several shows on a tour.

Anyone know attendance? I would say appx 15,000
sitdown248
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sitdown248 »

sugardaddy wrote:eddie g. saw yer avatar up on the screen. pretty cool.

couple of thoughts from the day:
1) I-75 was horrid. construction delays made a 1 hour trip from wyandotte to clarkston 2 hours. got there just before The Acadmey Is hit the stage

2) The Academy Is.....SUCK!

3) The rain magically stopped right before we got to the show. It was fun watching everyone fall on their ass in the wet lawn area grass, me included.

4) Paul's voice is fucked. Yet he talks/signs in between songs more than any tour in the past. Strange. As we were walking out a guy behind me said that he hopes they take some time off before Mexico because his voice will need it. He then goes on to say that he performed pretty well for someone who had a heart attack a month ago :roll: :lol: :shock: :lol: :roll:

5) I think the pledge of allegiance is a bit much.

6) I miss the "pan" effect during Tommy's solo

7) Paul was incredibly mobile this show. Lots of jumps.

8) My girlfriends favorite moment was Beth

9) My girlfriends sons (11 and 14) said they knew it would be good, but didn't think it was gonna be THAT good.

10) The crowd was great even saw Captain America there.

11) The first place we stopped upon arriving in detroit was 7-11

12) It was a fun show, but gone are the days where I will see several shows on a tour.

Anyone know attendance? I would say appx 15,000
I agree with almost all of your points, except Paul's voice was not in that bad of shape. It surely wasn't even close to what it was in his prime, but it wasn't terrible.

The crowd was pretty enaged, but would have liked to see more make-up from the stands.