Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

demonkiss wrote:
Wiped Out 78 wrote:
demonkiss wrote:
Wiped Out 78 wrote:
demonkiss wrote: who s got 5 rings and who dont !!! lol
Um, Dallas had a 35 year head start.

um the cry babys cant make it back to the superbowl !!!!!!!! ummmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:
Not this year, no. What will your excuse be when the Cowboys don't make it again?
well when we have six rings at the end of the year and won the super bowl in dallas i will let u know
I'll be waiting. For a team that's won one playoff game in 14 years, you sure talk a lot of smack.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS IN CHARLOTTE SATURDAY
August 27, 2010

All they're made up to be

By Courtney Devores

Titling its 2010 tour "The Hottest Show on Earth" may seem clairvoyant on Kiss' part given the skyrocketing summer temperatures, but according to Paul Stanley it's not literal.

"...Not because of the weather. The show is by far the best Kiss show ever. Any band with money can buy smoke machines and big sound systems," he told the Observer recently. "Technology really allowed us to take this to a whole other level. I don't mean moving sidewalks on stage with dancers. Its rock 'n' roll as spectacle. Massive screens, screens built into the amplifiers, the lighting - everything is taken to the next step. The set list covers more territory than what we've done before and really celebrates the history."

That set list covers early tracks such as "Cold Gin" to Kiss' 2009 album "Sonic Boom," as well as representatives of dalliances with disco ("I Was Made For Loving You") and hair-metal ("Crazy Crazy Nights") and classics "Love Gun" and "Detroit Rock City." Recent reviews indicate almost as many vocal contributions from Gene Simmons as Stanley.

Charlotte fans will find out for sure Saturday when Kiss (with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer filling Ace Frehley's and Peter Criss' roles) returns to Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre for the first time since 2003.

With a new album - a Wal-Mart exclusive in the U.S. and the band's first since 1998's "Psycho Circus" - some older songs have fallen away to make room for new ones. Stanley doesn't mind.

"There are songs we have to do because they're the classics. Look, I'm not only in the band. I'm a fan of the band. My favorite songs are the ones that are popular."

There may be no moving sidewalks or choreography, but with Kiss having lent its brand to everything from a coffin to a coffeehouse in Myrtle Beach, could a Kiss-themed rock-opera style musical be far behind?

Says Stanley: "It might be possible, and we'd do it as long as it maintained the personality of being a rock 'n' roll band and not being a Vegas act. There's enough of that out there."
demonkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by demonkiss »

Shawnalize wrote:So, this is a football thread now. Oh well, thought I might could hook up with some Faqers at the show, you remember, the KISS SHOW TOMORROW?!? So much for that.

lol ok i ll stop !
c u there 8)
and in raleigh sunday !
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mikeenc »

Shawnalize wrote:So, this is a football thread now. Oh well, thought I might could hook up with some Faqers at the show, you remember, the KISS SHOW TOMORROW?!? So much for that.
Absolutely! FUCK football...it's time for KISS!
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

Philly Cheese wrote:
kissdude wrote:Does anyone know if the "Kids 14 & under in FREE" is going to be honored in Charlotte?
I called today... It is!
Thanks.
chadn70
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadn70 »

Panthers Stink.... opps! sorry.... KISS rules!!!! Well the original KISS anyway!
demonkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by demonkiss »

lol ! ill keep my butt shhhhhhhhhhhh! go KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlamingYouth555
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by FlamingYouth555 »

i will be there!
KeithAllen1

Post by KeithAllen1 »

I'll be there with my 12-year old son. Can't wait to see the boy's reaction to his first KISS gig. :D
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

chadn70 wrote:Going to see the Panthers play that night. I will not go see Eric butcher "Beth". Hard for me to believe I would pick a football game over a KISS show after sooo many years loving this band but I haft to boycott this one!!!
I also will NOT be seeing Eric butcher "Beth." I'll be at the concert in Charlotte seeing and hearing him sing "Beth" BETTER than Peter Criss ever did, which is EXACTLY what he's done in every YouTube video I've seen of it. Oh, and I'll also be seeing Eric put on a drumming clinic that Peter Criss could NEVER pass. (Especially what with the whole Peter-can't-play-double-bass thing) Sorry dude, you brought it on; you decided to piss on our Charlotte KISS concert love-fest, so I'm pissing right back at you. :double:
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

And let me throw in a football comment, since it seems like a highjacker or two didn't like our Charlotte-KISS lovefest and decided football should be the topic on this KISS fan website: Compared to the length of the Panthers' existence, by this same length of time into the Cowboys' existence, Dallas had indeed won a Super Bowl. Check your NFL history. I've been a Cowboys fan for more than 30 years, and here's the biggest reason why: In addition to being one of the most popular teams in the NFL, the Cowboys are also *THE* most hated. The COMPLETE absense of ANY objectivity on the part of Dallas-haters makes me like the Cowboys that much more. Has ANYONE who hates the Cowboys EVER uttered even ONE open-minded, objective remark about them? I'm still waiting for that to happen. But I am NOT holding my breath.
chadn70
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadn70 »

BeachJediSC wrote:
chadn70 wrote:Going to see the Panthers play that night. I will not go see Eric butcher "Beth". Hard for me to believe I would pick a football game over a KISS show after sooo many years loving this band but I haft to boycott this one!!!
I also will NOT be seeing Eric butcher "Beth." I'll be at the concert in Charlotte seeing and hearing him sing "Beth" BETTER than Peter Criss ever did, which is EXACTLY what he's done in every YouTube video I've seen of it. Oh, and I'll also be seeing Eric put on a drumming clinic that Peter Criss could NEVER pass. (Especially what with the whole Peter-can't-play-double-bass thing) Sorry dude, you brought it on; you decided to piss on our Charlotte KISS concert love-fest, so I'm pissing right back at you. :double:
I just threw up in my mouth!!!!!
chadn70
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadn70 »

BeachJediSC wrote:And let me throw in a football comment, since it seems like a highjacker or two didn't like our Charlotte-KISS lovefest and decided football should be the topic on this KISS fan website: Compared to the length of the Panthers' existence, by this same length of time into the Cowboys' existence, Dallas had indeed won a Super Bowl. Check your NFL history. I've been a Cowboys fan for more than 30 years, and here's the biggest reason why: In addition to being one of the most popular teams in the NFL, the Cowboys are also *THE* most hated. The COMPLETE absense of ANY objectivity on the part of Dallas-haters makes me like the Cowboys that much more. Has ANYONE who hates the Cowboys EVER uttered even ONE open-minded, objective remark about them? I'm still waiting for that to happen. But I am NOT holding my breath.
Popular teams???? ohhhh thats why U R a cowgirls fan???? well good 4 U!!!!!!!! All in all the cowgirls suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chadn70
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by chadn70 »

BeachJediSC wrote:
Let me guess.... U R 12 Years old?????
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

chadn70 wrote:
BeachJediSC wrote:

Well I don't care how old he is.

I'm 41, and Eric Singer has kicked ass everytime he's grabbed the mic. Peter NEVER nailed this song live. He was always off-key, slurring, drunk or all of the above.

Eric has more pitch and control of his voice than Peter ever did... That's the truth.
Spirit
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Spirit »

Philly Cheese wrote:
chadn70 wrote:
BeachJediSC wrote:

I'm 41, and Eric Singer has kicked ass everytime he's grabbed the mic. Peter NEVER nailed this song live. He was always off-key, slurring, drunk or all of the above.

Eric has more pitch and control of his voice than Peter ever did... That's the truth.
He has excellent command of the stage too.

:lol:
KeithAllen1

Re: HSOE Show 18: 8/28/10 - Charlotte, NC

Post by KeithAllen1 »

Admin wrote:
Full song performance stats HERE
Hey, boss. You have "160,000 Years" listed as a song on that page. :wink:
rscott71

Re: HSOE Show 18: 8/28/10 - Charlotte, NC

Post by rscott71 »

akfrehley wrote:
Admin wrote:
Full song performance stats HERE
Hey, boss. You have "160,000 Years" listed as a song on that page. :wink:
That's how long the song lasted on the Alive 35 tour
Detroit73
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Detroit73 »

demonkiss wrote:GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!!!
Now there you go! That is a good team!!
demonkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by demonkiss »

Detroit73 wrote:
demonkiss wrote:GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!!!
Now there you go! That is a good team!!
i try to to tell them but ????????? lol
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

Spirit wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
chadn70 wrote:
BeachJediSC wrote:

Your point is?

Are you implying Peter, who could barely keep himself upright was superior?

I guess glossing over Peter's horrible singing and cutting to an irrelevant issue is fitting coming from you, since you are all about what's important.

I forgot; whenever someone makes a valid point you don't like but can't refute, you try to distract them or toss off a sarcastic remark. Pity real conversation is beyond you.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Philly Cheese wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
chadn70 wrote:
BeachJediSC wrote:

Your point is?

I guess glossing over Peter's horrible singing and cutting to an irrelevant issue is fitting coming from you, since you are all about what's important.
He's here to imply that anything KISS that doesn't include Ace/Pete is inferior. That's his job and he takes pride in it.
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

kissthat wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Philly Cheese wrote:
chadn70 wrote:
BeachJediSC wrote:

Your point is?

He's here to imply that anything KISS that doesn't include Ace/Pete is inferior. That's his job and he takes pride in it.
Yes, well commitment to a ridiculous cause is still commitment I guess, even when it removes all objectivity and authenticity.
KeithAllen1

Post by KeithAllen1 »

I'll be heading out to the show in a few. Looking forward to taking my son and reporting back with a review. :D
demonkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by demonkiss »

is anybody going to buy instant live usb ? let me know and maybe we trade for it .
kissdude
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissdude »

demonkiss wrote:is anybody going to buy instant live usb ? let me know and maybe we trade for it .
I'll be buying one. Always buy the Charlotte show.
strange_ways
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by strange_ways »

I just got back from the show and let me say this..IT WAS FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!!! man oh man was this a bad ass show...such a great show..
KeithAllen1

Post by KeithAllen1 »

kissdude wrote:
demonkiss wrote:is anybody going to buy instant live usb ? let me know and maybe we trade for it .
I'll be buying one. Always buy the Charlotte show.
I knew going in I was going to buy it, and I damn sure got one. 8)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Wounded Warriors check at KISS' Charlotte, NC show. To date, KISS has raised $251,744.00 for the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project on the Hottest Show On Earth tour!

$251,744 total

17,773 added to total

KISS is donating one dollar from every admission sold throughout the Hottest Show On Earth Tour to the CSRA Wounded Warriors Care Project.
Attachments
NC 2.jpg
NC 2.jpg (213.08 KiB) Viewed 4803 times
NC1.jpg
NC1.jpg (132.24 KiB) Viewed 4803 times
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

I was at the Charlotte KISS show last night; haven't gone to sleep yet; I drank 3 of those "5-hour Energy" things on the way back from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach.(They oughta call them "70-minute energy"). And as I expected, Eric Singer sang "Beth" better than Peter Criss, and once again proved that Peter can't hold Eric's jock-strap when it comes to drumming. One more VERY interesting detail: the opening act, The Academy Is, performed The Sweet's "Fox on the Run." Ace Frehley, and Spirit, would have LOVED it! Maybe. Just yankin chops here people; don't get all bent out of shape. 8)
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

And that 17,000+ number sounds very accurate. We were packed in the lawn area, and the only empty chairs in the "seated area" were the seats that are not under the cover/roof area, and even some of those were occupied. Be interesting to see how many people show up to the Raleigh show tonight, since it's only a 2-hour drive from Charlotte.
spacemountain8

Post by spacemountain8 »

Man the show last night in Charlotte was just incredible! I can't believe the difference in this show vs the Greenville show last year. Paul had a few vocal issues but for the most part he sounded awesome and Gene sang better than I've ever heard him sing live. Great show. I hope all of you guys who went had as good of a time as we did. 8)
Detroit73
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Detroit73 »

Hell of a show last night. Charlotte brought it! Very impressive! Anyone have a links for photo's from Charlotte's show?
KeithAllen1

Post by KeithAllen1 »

Detroit73 wrote:Hell of a show last night. Charlotte brought it! Very impressive! Anyone have a links for photo's from Charlotte's show?
Mutton Pie posted a few cool pics in my review thread:
https://www.kissfaq.com/forum24/viewtopic.php?t=52257
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

I got a few really good shots...will try to post later this week (going to Raleigh tonight).

Met the lovely Ms. Shannon Tweed backstage...if anyone was wondering that was her on the screen during "Dr. Love." The kids were not there though.

The show was packed, and the band were very tight...looking forward to the show in the hometown tonight! (Where is the sticky for Raleigh, by the way??)
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

mikeenc wrote:I got a few really good shots...will try to post later this week (going to Raleigh tonight).

Met the lovely Ms. Shannon Tweed backstage...if anyone was wondering that was her on the screen during "Dr. Love." The kids were not there though.

The show was packed, and the band were very tight...looking forward to the show in the hometown tonight! (Where is the sticky for Raleigh, by the way??)
can't wait to see your pics bro.
DarknessWillFall413
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by DarknessWillFall413 »

mikeenc wrote:
Met the lovely Ms. Shannon Tweed backstage...

She's always fun.

Got few pics with her in the 80's and 90's - her pre cougar days. :)

Nice!!!
FlamingYouth555
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by FlamingYouth555 »

charlotte was the best show on this tour so far. the crowd was into it and the band played so well. and paul sounded the best he has sounded since 2008. just amazing!
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

FlamingYouth555 wrote:charlotte was the best show on this tour so far. the crowd was into it and the band played so well. and paul sounded the best he has sounded since 2008. just amazing!
Funny how all the calls for the tour to end and Paul seek immediate treatment have....faded away. Glad you had a good time, bro! :)
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

LcW_ogSF3hI&feature=player_embedded

Beth from Charlotte
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

spacemountain8 wrote:Man the show last night in Charlotte was just incredible! I can't believe the difference in this show vs the Greenville show last year. Paul had a few vocal issues but for the most part he sounded awesome and Gene sang better than I've ever heard him sing live. Great show. I hope all of you guys who went had as good of a time as we did. 8)
Totally agree. Paul was atrocious in Greenville, and his vibe was so down. I didn't think he should have continued. I thought he was superb last night; much stronger vocally and the complete sassy showman he has been.

So glad I went.
Wiped Out 78

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

cwr18 wrote:
FlamingYouth555 wrote:charlotte was the best show on this tour so far. the crowd was into it and the band played so well. and paul sounded the best he has sounded since 2008. just amazing!
Funny how all the calls for the tour to end and Paul seek immediate treatment have....faded away. Glad you had a good time, bro! :)
I thought that Paul's voice was a little better than my last show (2004), but still pretty rough. I couldn't believe it when he mentioned playing Raleigh the next night. From what I've read, that was much worse.