HSOE Show 11: 8/14/10 - Wantagh, NY

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

HSOE Show 11: 8/14/10 - Wantagh, NY

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_081410

Details
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
Promoter: Live Nation
Opening Act(s): Light The Black Skye, The Envy, The Academy Is
Attendance: ? / 14,110 (Max)

"Hottest Show On Earth" set lists will be archived HERE

Full song performance stats HERE
Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

I'll be with rippers chick and my brother
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Not to split hairs, but according to the Jones Beach website the the current capacity as of 2010 is 15,000. Not to mention there's no lawn seats so that won't affect true attendance figures.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:Not to split hairs, but according to the Jones Beach website the the current capacity as of 2010 is 15,000. Not to mention there's no lawn seats so that won't affect true attendance figures.
And only 4,000 tickets left
scottkfan1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by scottkfan1 »

14.700 on sale for this show..over 11,000 sold so far.. talked with live nation rep they say there expecting a big sat night walk up and he said it may sell out..i have 5th row in from of gene orchestra B
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

scottkfan1 wrote:14.700 on sale for this show..over 11,000 sold so far.. talked with live nation rep they say there expecting a big sat night walk up and he said it may sell out..i have 5th row in from of gene orchestra B
Have a GREAT time :thumleft:
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

thanks!!! ill take photos and post them here..
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

i'll be the guy blasting THE ELDER out of my fiancee's Jeep stereo. I'll also be the guy wearing a ANGEL t-shirt
Last edited by The Ripper on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonybny
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tonybny »

I'll be there, orchestra e, row rr. My 25th KISS concert. I'll take some pics and maybe a short vid or 2.
jesse55
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by jesse55 »

I'll be there with my son , daughter and wife. 7th row . Can't wait
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

How do bands get their stage set up at that venue. The stage is on the water and there is no way for the trucks to get backstage. This perplexes me.
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

Theres a a tunnel system form the load area to the stage. My friends Mom used to do the catering there. When KIss played there in 04 Paul actually asked her to watch Evan for a bit.
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

The Ripper wrote:Theres a a tunnel system form the load area to the stage. My friends Mom used to do the catering there. When KIss played there in 04 Paul actually asked her to watch Evan for a bit.
correct also seats in orchestra are removed and there is room to back up a truck
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

scottkfan1 wrote:
The Ripper wrote:Theres a a tunnel system form the load area to the stage. My friends Mom used to do the catering there. When KIss played there in 04 Paul actually asked her to watch Evan for a bit.
correct also seats in orchestra are removed and there is room to back up a truck
Thanks guys. Beautiful looking place, but I've heard the sound can suck and the crowds can be lame.
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

yes ty the crowds are dead most of the time prob has to do with no beer sales.also sound sometimes sucks if there is wind comming off the ocean
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

scottkfan1 wrote:yes ty the crowds are dead most of the time prob has to do with no beer sales.also sound sometimes sucks if there is wind comming off the ocean
I don't think one has to get blasted to enjoy the show, but a concert without beer just seems unAmerican. Seeing KISS in a state fair was wierd, but Indy is a KISStown, and KISS hadn't been there in 6 yrs, so the crowd was still maniacal. Many fans were tailgating pre show. But I've seen shows at Wright State University and Cleveland State University as the University of Akron, where the college will deem the band "too rowdy" for beer sales, even though they have a license. Total crowd killer.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

According to Livenation's website, as of 12:45 there's about 1800 seats left for tonights show.

Doomed.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

nibbler1982 wrote:According to Livenation's website, as of 12:45 there's about 1800 seats left for tonights show.

Doomed.
Good numbers-attendance will probably reach 13,000. DOOMED for sure.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

My brother's there right now; texted me to say it's one of the best KISS concerts he's been to yet. 8)
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

gshaller wrote:My brother's there right now; texted me to say it's one of the best KISS concerts he's been to yet. 8)
Excellent looking forward to more details..
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

Just got back from the show SICK prob second best Kiss show i've been to. My brother picked up the sigend Eric drum head it looks sick wish i had the money for one. i'll prob just steal it :twisted:
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

Only shitty thing was during IWMFLY pauls mic was HORRENDOUS
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Yeah, my brother had the same complaint; he said the mics for both Paul's and Gene's platforms weren't stupendous. He also said it was among the best KISS concerts he's been to (he's 23; this is his 16th KISS concert). He said that the changes in Paul's voice were definitely noticeable compared to previous tours, but that he's also singing in a smarter way. He also said Paul seems to be having a blast up there, that Eric and Tommy are now presented as fully integrated members of the band (versus 2004 and even 2009), and that Gene was in top form. Lots of kids in the crowd, many happy fans, and a ton of pyro. The Pledge, he said, seemed out of place. Overall, he was a satisfied customer. 8)
scottkfan1

Post by scottkfan1 »

back from the show looked to be about 13,000 out of 15,000.major pyro kiss had a big pyro display with a barge on the water with a 5 min fireworks show..paul sounded much better then he did in nassau in oct still not what he used to be but not nearly as bad as before..crowd was dead ..the pledge i thought went over well and was the only time the whole crowd stood..the pyro was insane very loud there are so many pyro blasts its crazy anhd i love it..kiss is having a great time onstage.a ton of kids at the show..
Last edited by scottkfan1 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Show #104 for me tonight. The crowd up top may have been lacking energy but down on the floor wall the way to the riser seats, it was solid party. The band was tight, dealt with a lighting issue during Dr Love and some mic issues through the night. However, still a great show. Band is way tight, seem to be having alot of fun and Paul sounds better than the last go around.

#105 next week. Many pics and vids to follow of tonight.
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

Me rippers chick and Rippers Bro, were in mezz. My bro,rippers chick and i sang ALONG to every song. We were the only ones singing and throwing our fists in the air pissing the people in front of us off. Cuz their WHORE daughters were there for The shit is and The crap. andl left after kiss did 4 songs.
Last edited by The Ripper on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ripper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Ripper »

my brother Eric with his Eric Singer autographed drum head.

Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

IF Paul is resting his voice during choruses and Gene's songs why is he screaming his ass off between songs?
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

total paid attendance 137,423.

paid attendance 14,532

lKw80OD053I&feature=channel
Attachments
large (2).jpg
large (2).jpg (111.26 KiB) Viewed 6364 times
8-14.jpg
8-14.jpg (98.02 KiB) Viewed 6369 times
Last edited by kissthat on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

The Ripper wrote:my brother Eric with his Eric Singer autographed drum head.

Would prefer pics of rippers chick, instead of rippers bro. :twisted:
Carr99
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Carr99 »

My 15th Kiss show, and this was one of the best I've been to. 10 times better than last year. Paul's voice cracked and croaked along the way, but it wasn't too bad. There are so many high points to the show that outweigh Paul's voice issues, plus his voice problems definitely do not affect his performance at all. Paul was on, the whole band was and they were clearly having a good time. They got their act down tight right now. I have to say that Eric Singer is really the glue to the band at this point in time. His performance is always stellar, and you can tell that he respects the legacy of the band and his position in it. Props to him and to the entire band. I was very impressed.
rockerslive
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by rockerslive »

How much did he pay for that drum head?
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

rockerslive wrote:

How much did he pay for that drum head?

$30. I got one at the Mansfield show.
click5
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by click5 »

HEH...its $40 in NY!
zeusnation

Post by zeusnation »

click5 wrote:HEH...its $40 in NY!
Seriously? Wow... maybe they marked it wrong at Mansfield, but it definitely was only $30.
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Some pics, these are not HD cam stills but rather shots taken with the "still shot" option while filming, hence the slight blur. Better shots to follow.

click5
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by click5 »

zeusnation wrote:
click5 wrote:HEH...its $40 in NY!
Seriously? Wow... maybe they marked it wrong at Mansfield, but it definitely was only $30.
Everything cost more in NY! : )
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

cool shots Ren5150
Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

Was Paul lipsynching the verses on "I Was Made For Loving You"?
The Phantom of the Park

Re: re

Post by The Phantom of the Park »

Trance wrote:Was Paul lipsynching the verses on "I Was Made For Loving You"?
No. But I hope that fact does not get in the way of another opportunity to bash the band.
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

NesADmfvaTE

:twisted:
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS SHOUTS IT OUT LOUD AT JONES BEACH
August 25, 2010
By Elliot Levin

KISS brought the hottest show on Earth to Jones Beach on Saturday night, playing a two hour set filled with classic songs and a stunning, explosive stage show.

Continuing their reign as one of the most visible and best-known rock bands of all time, KISS is now in their second straight year of touring in support of 2009's Sonic Boom, the first new KISS record in over a decade. Saturday's cool but pleasant weather brought the KISS Army out in full glory, with thousands of attendees ranging from 6 year olds to 60 year olds, many wearing the iconic face paint of Catman, Spaceman, Starchild, and the Demon as they packed the seats of the Jones Beach amphitheater.

KISS has shot to success over the decades not only by writing catchy, anthemic rock n' roll songs, but by crafting a high energy image that thoroughly permeates their live performances. No expense or effect was spared for Saturday night's show, as the four members of KISS entered the stage on a flying, smoke-filled platform with explosions and fireballs erupting all about them.

The stage itself was a marvel to behold, with a massive high definition video screen showing close ups of the band, as well as various bright, psychedelic visual effects. Giant glowing letters spelled out KISS in the center of the stage, and streams of fog and smoke poured out from the wings. The Jones Beach stage actually had to be extended several feet to accommodate a dozen smaller video screens lining the stage, which flashed between visual effects and shots of the audience singing along.

The band kicked off the night with new song Modern Day Delilah, the musicians strutting about the stage as their high volume music thundered throughout the theater. Guitarist Paul Stanley was his usual pepped up self, welcoming the crowd and introducing songs with excitement and aplomb, while the demonic, famously long-tongued Gene Simmons posed menacingly for the crowd as he rumbled through the bass lines.

While the group played other new tracks such as Say Yeah and I'm An Animal, the majority of the night's setlist was classic KISS fare. The band hit no less than five songs from their debut album, including Cold Gin, Deuce, and 100,000 years. The crowd, full of die-hard KISS fans, sang along on every song, and the band frequently allowed them to sing choruses in their stead.

While Stanley served as the frontman for the group, all four members were given ample opportunity to not only solo, but even to lead on vocals, a true rarity in the rock world. Guitarist Tommy Thayer sang the Ace Frehley-penned Shock Me, following it up with a wild solo. Drummer Eric Singer's entire platform then rose up into the air, and he hammered through his own drum solo before Tommy rejoined him on another flying platform, flames and explosions blasting from all directions as the two jammed out to the delight of the crowd.

Gene Simmons had his own chance to shine as well, crouching in waist-high clouds of smoke and spitting up blood as he played his battle axe-shaped bass. He then dramatically raised his arms, and with aerobatic wires faintly visible, flew 50 feet straight up to land on a lighting platform, where he sang the lead vocals for I Love It Loud.

Even with lengthy solo breaks, the hit songs just kept on coming. Love Gun got an especially enthusiastic response as Stanley repeatedly played to KISS's native New York audience, and then followed up with the famous riff and final chorus of Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. Black Diamond was introduced a cappella, then sung poignantly by Singer, with Simmons eerily harmonizing on beginning of the song. Stanley introduced classic hit Detroit Rock City as the band's final song, but in truth the show was far from over.

After a quick break, KISS returned to encore with no less than six songs, including a heartfelt Beth, which saw Thayer switch to an acoustic guitar as Singer sang the vocals. The stage practically resembled a blast furnace as the band went all out with pyrotechnics and explosions during Lick It Up and Shout It Out Loud, and in a concert first for this Examiner, Stanley then led the entire venue in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as he announced the donation of a dollar from every ticket sale to the Wounded Warriors Project.

Not to be outdone by Simmon's flying stunt, Stanley also flew on a zipcord to a raised platform in the middle of the venue for I Was Made For Loving You, where he played the majority of the song before sliding back to the stage, guitar slung over his back like a soldier's rifle.

The band ended the night's setlist with their generation-defining anthem, Rock and Roll All Night, and went out with million-dollar bang. Intensely colored strobe lights bathed the stage as confetti blasted across the entire venue, and with giant balls of flame lighting up the stage, Stanley smashed apart his guitar in true rock n' roll style. Even that wasn't the end, however, as full scale fireworks began exploding in the night sky as soon as the band left the stage, leaving fans ooohing and ahhing at the July 4th-worthy display.

While the evolution of heavy metal and edgier bands such as Slayer and GWAR have made KISS's once fearsome image and lyrics appear fairly mild and innocent by today's standards, Saturday night's performance proved that KISS still reigns when it comes to sheer rocking power. Backed by an explosive stage show that could put action movie blockbusters to shame, the band ran, jumped, and flew all night long in a blazing testament to the youthfulness and raw energy of rock n' roll. Even the merchandising deals, promotions, and TV shows that could be considered textbook selling out can't stop KISS from continuing their worldwide domination of arena rock, and if anything, seems to enhance the band's ability to produce a rock performance of epic proportions.

This summer tour is truly KISS at their finest, and fans would be hard pressed to find a show that even comes close the volume, energy, and in-your-face impact of a live KISS concert.