HSOE Show 7: 8/7/10 - Mansfield, MA (Boston Metro)

fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by fissaman »

GLP4me wrote:
Pluto wrote:lolza it was amazing...although I made A SIGN that epically failed. All my boyfriend and I got was funny looks. But it was a huge place with tons of people, so a meetup would've been hard to pull off. Next time we should mark a spot on a map or something...I wanted to meet y'all! Whatevs though...we got attention from the picture taker people...and WZLX took a picture of us HOLDING UP OUR FAIL SIGN LOL. :oops: :lol:
The concert was awesome! Best concert I've ever been to. My throat hurts from screaming so much!
I tried looking for you out front. Obviously I didn't find you. We need to have KISSFAQ shirts made up for members.(maybe they do exist and I just haven't seen them) Maybe a small square sticker name tag with KISSFAQ written on it? Something like this placed over your heart.
Why not just exchange mobile numbers ? It's not rocket science and worked just fine for the UK KISSFAQ meet up.

Glad you guys enjoyed the show though.
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

fissaman wrote:
GLP4me wrote:
Pluto wrote:lolza it was amazing...although I made A SIGN that epically failed. All my boyfriend and I got was funny looks. But it was a huge place with tons of people, so a meetup would've been hard to pull off. Next time we should mark a spot on a map or something...I wanted to meet y'all! Whatevs though...we got attention from the picture taker people...and WZLX took a picture of us HOLDING UP OUR FAIL SIGN LOL. :oops: :lol:
The concert was awesome! Best concert I've ever been to. My throat hurts from screaming so much!
I tried looking for you out front. Obviously I didn't find you. We need to have KISSFAQ shirts made up for members.(maybe they do exist and I just haven't seen them) Maybe a small square sticker name tag with KISSFAQ written on it? Something like this placed over your heart.
Why not just exchange mobile numbers ? It's not rocket science and worked just fine for the UK KISSFAQ meet up.

That would be great, if I owned a mobile phone. Then again, some people don't just hand out their phone numbers like free candy either. I like privacy.
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

GLP4me wrote:
kissthat wrote:Did anyone see the Check?The one posted on Live Share is unreadable.
It's up $91,*** now.
Last check we saw was $71.992 so now with $91,*** we have 14,008 added for two shows.Still decent :thumleft: Still a good avg 13,000-
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

nightwingken wrote:
kissthat wrote:check this out posted be a friend of mine

Excellent Clip!

I thought Paul's voice was all gone?

How did this happen then?

:lol:

He uploaded another-damn it's amazing how much better this sounds.I think he's putting the Simfy live audio on these.

k3d2JB9d3a4&feature=bulletin
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

I want to go to there
Trance
Banned

re

Post by Trance »

Yeah the audio sounds better than other videos of the same songs.
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Posted in wrong spot.

Post by Paulstar »

Holy f'n sh*% ! I just came home from Mansfield Show and let me QUELL THE FIRE that is burnin round here about the "STATE OF KISS" .
This was without a doubt the BEST CONCERT IVE SEEN EVER ...ANY BAND ! MY son as ERIC CARR to my right ,and Lil Godess of Thunder (my 8 yr old) standing on the chair to my side . We are on the Isle in that 2 seats that sit past the row in front of you (in amphitheaters ) PERFECT ! Im lookin' 13 Rows Down Isle right at Tommy and Angle unbelievably to whole stage . AMPHITHEATERS RULE !
After Brieff Botch of Intro (mic went out) BOOOOOOOOOOOM!
From then to WE LOVE YOU!!!! I was (yes) Bombastisized shocked awed and amazed . AND IM SERIOUS . Ive seen KISS in 79 , 87 , 90 , 92 , 96 , 98 , 09 and now 2010 . This is the most musically talented ever .....best performors ever (as a band) . They are having a blast and it shows .
Paul flicked a Pick and a guy caught it in his hat . He busted out laughin and tells Gene he laughs then he turns to Tommy tells him they all laughing . THATS WHAT I MISS .
Eric Singers a MACHINE ! Hes not only kickin the skins off his kit . His sticks are hardly in his hands between beats . Hes twirlin poppin in air and catching 40 times in a row in a song . A real Performer showman . He sang BETH better than anyone Ive heard attept it (yep).
Tommy Thayer is just amazing . Is he Ace ? .No...(thats why his mom named him TOMMY But let me tell ya , for the first time in my life I can say "I WOULDNT WANT ACE BACK " . Aces solo carreer is awesome and TOMMY IS KING !
" Animal " was awesome . As a Diehard I loved it and sang every word . Id never seen "the BELL" during Blood spitting ,experienced "THE FREEZE" or seen live the Unbelievable Solos of Tommy and Eric . It was perfect . A stage hand came up isle and gave (my son) Rock angel and me a TOMMY THAYER PIC . And later THE HOLY GRAIL in my collection a Paul Stanley Pic . My daughter spit Blood (heehee) and we have a bag of CONFETTI !
If u havnt seen KISS live in past year STIFFLE THAT CRITISISM .
THEY ARE ON FIRE ! (pics and audience source !!!!)

*Note : THE ACADEMY IS...Played "FOX ON THE RUN" !!!!
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

There was an anxious fan near the end of RARAN that ran up onstage said hi to Paul, said something into his mic, maybe "yeah" or something. Then went over to Gene and was tapping him on the back. Security wasn't far behind him but I was amazed at how slow they were to get up after him.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

nightwingken wrote:I want to go to there
"Workin' on my night cheese!"

GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

gshaller wrote:
nightwingken wrote:I want to go to there
"Workin' on my night cheese!"

Attachments
Chuck_E_Cheese4.gif
Chuck_E_Cheese4.gif (28.62 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
Pluto
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Pluto »

fissaman wrote:
GLP4me wrote:

LOL I DIDN't THINK OF THAT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that woulda been perfect...and I was thinking about KISSFAQ t-shirts the other day. I'd buy one.
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

Pluto wrote:
fissaman wrote:
GLP4me wrote:

LOL I DIDN't THINK OF THAT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that woulda been perfect...and I was thinking about KISSFAQ t-shirts the other day. I'd buy one.
Why don't you start a thread and see how many people would be interested in buying one? I would. If there's enough interest, who knows? Gotta get KISS's approval for the official logo.
headlong
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by headlong »

Great show in Mansfield last night. The band played great. Paul sounded very good. The only problem with a KISS show is you want to watch each of them and not miss anything. Not only is Eric a terrific drummer, but he's so entertaining. The Eric and Tommy solo works great. I prefer it this way rather than to have two separate solos. 2 hour 20 minute show. That's the longest KISS show I've been to so far. A friend of mine brought his teenage daughter to the show. After seeing her first concert she said it was "AWESOME".

Show #21 coming up on the 19th. Can't wait. Bringing two people who
have never seen KISS before. Can't wait to see their expressions.
GLP4me
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by GLP4me »

headlong wrote:Great show in Mansfield last night. The band played great. Paul sounded very good. The only problem with a KISS show is you want to watch each of them and not miss anything. Not only is Eric a terrific drummer, but he's so entertaining. The Eric and Tommy solo works great. I prefer it this way rather than to have two separate solos. 2 hour 20 minute show. That's the longest KISS show I've been to so far. A friend of mine brought his teenage daughter to the show. After seeing her first concert she said it was "AWESOME".

That's cool. I'm taking my Mom on the 17th. She's never been to a KISS show either. She's never even seen concert footage. She's gonna be in for a BIG surprise.
headlong
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by headlong »

GLP4me wrote:
headlong wrote:Great show in Mansfield last night. The band played great. Paul sounded very good. The only problem with a KISS show is you want to watch each of them and not miss anything. Not only is Eric a terrific drummer, but he's so entertaining. The Eric and Tommy solo works great. I prefer it this way rather than to have two separate solos. 2 hour 20 minute show. That's the longest KISS show I've been to so far. A friend of mine brought his teenage daughter to the show. After seeing her first concert she said it was "AWESOME".

That's cool. I'm taking my Mom on the 17th. She's never been to a KISS show either. She's never even seen concert footage. She's gonna be in for a BIG surprise.
Make sure she has some hearing protection.

Have a great time.
Rhodeislandrock
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Rhodeislandrock »

I was at the show with the wife and kids.....I thought it was one of the better performances with this lineup, definitely better than the Alive 35 show in Boston last October. My heart will always be with Ace & Peter but I thought Tommy & Eric performed great and Paul's voice sounded a lot better than at the Boston show. All in all, great time, looking forward to Mohegan Sun on the 19th!
Rhodeislandrock
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Rhodeislandrock »

kissthat wrote:Did anyone see the Check?The one posted on Live Share is unreadable.
I wrote the amount down.....$91,321.74
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

KISS "Phantom" Comes Alive In Boston
Posted: August 25, 2010
New line-up or not, I admit it: KISS brought the goods last night at Comcast Center just outside Boston, not just enough pyro to blow your head off. I may have to re-enlist in The KISS Army afterall. I could have been a general by now.
They sounded great, played well together, and delivered classic KISS faithfully, with incredible exuberance. By the time the last chords of anthem "Rock & Roll All Nite" rang out in the Mansfield night, I had to admit it - I couldn't help but root for KISS, yet again. Armed with a monster repertoire from which to choose and old-fashion determination, remaining KISS' Co-founders Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley still have enough fire in the belly to melt an adjacent iceberg. Greasepaint aside, these guys know how to win a crowd over and leave indelible impressions.
"You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy!" - KISS, 1975
Seeing KISS in 2010 is like a going through a time warp. I personally felt like I had time-traveled on Star Trek's 'Holodeck' to 1978 to see KISS at Space Mountain to re-live their TV-movie, "KISS Meets The Phantom of The Park."
I can explain...See, the 'Phantom' was my very first KISS experience (sorry Michelle H.). I guess I was deemed too young to go to concerts then and there was no MTV yet. This was also before the advent of VCR's, YouTubers, so my Mom & Dad did the only thing they could think of to appease my brother and I - they set up a tri-pod to snap a few photographs of the screen. It was a success and, strange to most, a slide of original drummer Peter Criss taken that night still ranks as one of my most treasured possessions.
Anyway...flash forward 32 years and I'm standing in the vending area pre-show, starting to get that queasy feeling I always seem to get before I see my childhood heroes. This time, however, it's a little different.
I am feeling really guilty about the fact that Ace Frehley & Peter Criss are gone. Feeling like hell about the fact that Gene & Paul have anointed a new 'Spaceman', and a new 'Catman'. For some of us, it's all too much. Will I be able to embrace these these masked imposters?
As it turns out, it's not the end of the world...at least as far as enjoying a KISS show goes. Tommy Thayer delivers Ace better than probably anyone else on the planet, including Space Ace himself perhaps. And, at least Eric Singer has made some effort to alter his overly-linear drumming to better suit the classic KISS groove that old Pete mined.
Even as a fan I was surprised to find a really wide demographic at the show; babies, kids, teenagers, mid-twenties hipsters, drop-outs, hicks, loner 30-somethings, Moms & Dads, 40-somethings like me, the elderly, even the handicapped were out in force. It was like being at a fairgrounds, or a racetrack, or an amusement park...or... wait...NO,DAMN IT, IT WAS LIKE THE OPENING SCENES OF "KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM"! Were we time traveling? String Theory says we can?!
Could it be? I told my wife what was going on in the KISS area of my brain and she just grimaced with dismay.
Or maybe this was instead an "Inception"-like dream-state? an elaborate deja vu?
Then it hit me, OMG!!!....This evenings' KISS plot-line was not so dissimilar from the '78 'Phantom' movie either!! You see...in the movie, KISS are replaced by diabolical robotic clones. Today, two of the original KISS members have been replace by musical robots in the sense that they have at least been programmed; programmed & paid to play like Ace & Peter.
I was now going to have to come to terms with all of this unpleasantness. To be honest, my KISS world had been a cosmic mess ever since Peter and then Ace left the band again and KISStory repeated itself.
Gene's show wasn't helping matters for me.
The 'new' KISS had brought me shame :-)
But...what if Eric & Tommy actually were actually robots of some sort?......like in the movie???...Gene & Paul could afford the best robots money could buy??......Surely they are working on it anyway?...I wouldn't put it past'em - mind control, whatever it takes right?
Anyway, for some reason, all night I was unable to shake this ridiculous robot concern. And, BOY was I shaken then when a new wrinkle in the KISS show caught me totally off guard. So off guard in fact that for one harrowing nano-second I wondered if I really was stuck in a KISS nightmare or if I had lost my mind entirely. They all stopped in unison for 30 seconds or more like toys out of battery power...or like...like...KISS action figures or like...like ROBOTS! As if frozen in time, they didn't make a sound. The silence grew deafening and the place went ape.
And so it is, KISS are again mainstream superstars like in their heyday and are even threatening to record another record to follow-up last year's "Sonic Boom."
Brainwashed or not, I can't help but suspect robots & foul play.
Two down and two to go, Devereaux.