HSOE Show 4: 7/30/10 - Cincinnati

Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

drgbootz wrote:
Forevertj wrote:
drgbootz wrote:Any ideas on attendance?

They donate one dollar for every ticket sold to the troops for when they come home from the war. The check was for over 55.000 dollars.
That is what I know to be true. I make no claims of knowing anything other than that, in regards to how many people were there.
So you attended the show?
YES! It was the best Kiss show I have ever seen and I go back 30 years.

AWESOME!!!

Go as many times as you can. It was so incredible. The show is simply outstanding. Please make sure you see it!!! :D 8)
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

drgbootz wrote:Crowd shot from the show....wow

THERE I AM!! :D
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

They donate one dollar for every ticket sold to the troops for when they come home from the war. The check was for over 55.000 dollars.
That is what I know to be true. I make no claims of knowing anything other than that, in regards to how many people were there.
Sorry but you mean to write 55,000 as in fifty five thousand ?
That's a massive audience. Not saying you are wrong but the photos look more like maybe 20,000. What does the place hold ?
8)

I only know what I saw. Yes, you are right. 55 thousand dollars. I may be wrong, but Paul said one dollar per tickect goes to the wounded warriors (I think that's it) fund. I am so happy Kiss is doing something for our troups. they get treated like shit by our government, so Kiss is helping out.

The fans were going nuts when Paul was prasing the troops. I was so happy to see that. If you are foreign to this country, I don't expect you to appreciate it, but it seemed to me that the whole crowd was delighted. Kiss being patriotic is so awesome. I am sorry if I seem a bit goofy, I have never seen a better Kiss show and I just can't get over how awe inspiring it was!! 8)
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

The Man wrote:
Forevertj wrote:
twdavis wrote:Very nice to hear.

Glad Paul's voice was good.

Any idea why Gene didn't fly??

There was a ceiling over the spot where gene would have stood on the tress far lower that what would be required for Gene to be standing on. There just wasn't room.

He did a wonderful job though, people went apeshit when he was recoiling in horror (mock horror) of the church bells. COOL 8)

Gene has flown at riverbend many times

I seem to remember that, maybe they have more equipment than before. If you were there, you would have seen that there was no room on the tress for Gene to stand. It was way too close to the ceiling. Maybe it's like that to accomodate more pyro and etc.???

It just looked like there was no room.
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

Forevertj wrote:

AWESOME!!!

Go as many times as you can. It was so incredible. The show is simply outstanding. Please make sure you see it!!! :D 8)

YES SIR!!!!...( geezus....Tjs arms are Nuts!
spacecat
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spacecat »

I thought the show was amazing-I've never seen the band have as much fun onstage. I saw them 2x on last year's run and thought they were rockin' then-Tommy & Eric really contribute to the show-this was one of the bext concerts I've seen them do. Check out this photo of I took of Tommy.
Attachments
TOMMY CINCY.jpg
TOMMY CINCY.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Tommy is really kicking ass, great pic...any more?
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

spacecat wrote:I thought the show was amazing-I've never seen the band have as much fun onstage. I saw them 2x on last year's run and thought they were rockin' then-Tommy & Eric really contribute to the show-this was one of the bext concerts I've seen them do. Check out this photo of I took of Tommy.

Excellent photo SC.....

So glad to hear the KISS bandwagon is going strong,cant wait for them to return to Europe in the Spring..
spacecat
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spacecat »

Thanks-few more
Attachments
paul one.jpg
paul one.jpg (117.49 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
paul two.jpg
paul two.jpg (188.13 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
spacecat
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spacecat »

Continued
Attachments
GENE.jpg
GENE.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
eric.jpg
eric.jpg (85.43 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
spacecat
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spacecat »

and...okay
Attachments
gene two.jpg
gene two.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
gene three.jpg
gene three.jpg (66.05 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Great photos!
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Forevertj wrote:
KISS Unmasked II wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

Sorry but you mean to write 55,000 as in fifty five thousand ?
That's a massive audience. Not saying you are wrong but the photos look more like maybe 20,000. What does the place hold ?
8)

I only know what I saw. Yes, you are right. 55 thousand dollars. I may be wrong, but Paul said one dollar per tickect goes to the wounded warriors (I think that's it) fund. I am so happy Kiss is doing something for our troups. they get treated like shit by our government, so Kiss is helping out.

The fans were going nuts when Paul was prasing the troops. I was so happy to see that. If you are foreign to this country, I don't expect you to appreciate it, but it seemed to me that the whole crowd was delighted. Kiss being patriotic is so awesome. I am sorry if I seem a bit goofy, I have never seen a better Kiss show and I just can't get over how awe inspiring it was!! 8)
$55K is the total from all of the shows thus far. Use your mind people.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

A few Cincinnati clips....

kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Thanks for posting the videos my friend.Watching RARAN let you see there were people packed in that place.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

kissthat wrote:Thanks for posting the videos my friend.Watching RARAN let you see there were people packed in that place.
It was a helluva atmosphere down in the pavilion as well. Cincinnati can be a tad more "subdued" than Columbus or Cleveland when it comes to shows, but Friday night was an exception.
CrimeDawg
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by CrimeDawg »

After reading all the reviews..I am really bummed I didn't get to go to the show up in Cinncy.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Paulstar wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

AWESOME!!!

YES SIR!!!!...( geezus....Tjs arms are Nuts!

:thumright:
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

ANOTHER GREAT REVIEW
August 03, 2010

by Gil Kaufman

People who complain that Kiss shows are lame have never been to a Kiss show. Because here's the thing about any concert you go to by the veteran New York-bred greasepaint rockers: You will get 100 percent. Paul Stanley's vocals (always from the rough side of town) may be a bit thin a times, and perhaps bassist Gene Simmons stomps more deliberately in his massive high-heeled dragon boots than he did 30 years ago, but in all the times I've seen the band over the past 20 years, never once have they phoned it in.

Which is why Kiss is also recession-proof. A perfect example was their hit-packed show at Cincinnati's Riverbend Amphitheater on Friday night (July 30). Yes, it was nearly identical to one I saw years ago at Dodgers Stadium, but ask anyone in the maniacal sold-out audience what they thought and you were likely to get a raucous high five from someone wearing a Kiss T-shirt who was modeling Kiss face paint and dragging along a couple of third generation mini-Kiss fans whose minds were just blown. And, chances are, they just got out of the merch line where they bought their umpteenth concert tee.

I brought along a skeptical friend who had never seen the band for a stop on their "Hottest Show On Earth" tour, and by the time the massive confetti canons were belching two forests-worth of fluff into the air during the blinding fireworks explosion that was "Rock and Roll All Nite," he too was one of those high-fivers who couldn't get the grin off his face.

The show had all the highlights you expect: Digital flames licking the stage on more than two dozen high-def screens during the Detroit boogie of "Firehouse," Gene spitting fire from atop a sword, Paul smacking his ass during "Deuce," a trip to visit "Dr. Love," replacement guitarist Tommy Thayer doing his best approximation of original ax man Ace Frehley's knock-kneed rag doll stumble while shooting pyro loads from the headstock of his guitar before sending the spent instrument up into the rafters on a wire and replacement drummer Eric Singer crooning the ballad "Beth" and blasting down a fake lighting rig with a bazooka from his drum riser, which was levitating 30 feet in the air with smoke shooting out as if it was a rocket taking off.

The music swung at times from the bubblegum roller disco of the Bay City Rollers to the dinosaur stomp of Led Zeppelin, but I forgot the kinship the band shared with bands like Black Sabbath until the opening rumbling of "100,000 Years" from their debut album. Gene busted out his ax-shaped bass for that tune as Paul showed off his Roger Daltrey-like mic swinging action. (In a testament to the strength of that 1974 disc, they played five songs from it, including the disco glam of "Black Diamond" with Singer on vocals.)

Just past the show's halfway point, the strobes started going and everyone know what that meant: Simmons was going to bubble fake blood out of his mouth during a Kabuki theater interlude that gave way to the swaggering thunder rock of "I Love It Loud."

"Love Gun" ended with a choreographed fireworks mini-display that brought back the song's melody in firecracker explosions, and during the giant flash-bangs of "Detroit Rock City," the flames on stage were so intense you could feel them on your face 25 rows back. Stanley promised the longest encore ever, which began with a charity check for military families, a full run through the Pledge of Allegiance and a bombastic, extended jam on the '80s unmasked hit "Lick It Up" (which featured a quick bit of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again"). No show is complete without Paul putting his boot into a silver ring and flying out over the audience to a revolving turntable satellite stage mid venue for a shimmy through the satin pants classic "I Was Made For Lovin' You," and everyone in the place busted out their digital cameras for the night's fly-over.

What makes Kiss even more recession-proof is that there are no downer songs and no morbid ballads -- just joyful, triumphant celebrations of non-stop fun like "Shout It Out Loud" and the standard Argent cover "God Gave Rock N Roll to You II," which Kiss play as if it's their "Hey Jude," swaying arms and all. I joked that the former needed a burst of confetti canons, but when they started belching during "Rock and Roll All Nite," there wasn't a frown in the joint. From the guy up front to the dude in a half-shirt making out with his girl on the back of the lawn, everyone came, everyone was rocked.

Amid the eye-searing spectacle and pageantry, though, the image that stuck with me was of the 12-year-old who stood on his seat the whole show right in front of me. He kept waving his arms hoping for one of the shower of guitar picks Stanley was flicking (and spitting) out into the crowd like a machine gun. But, more than 50 yards back, there was no chance this little guy was going to go home with his schwag.

Except he did. Paul seemed to spot him and gave a super-flick of a pick out over the pavilion crowd that landed at the kids' feet. His dad fumbled around for it among the empty beer cups on the floor and handed it to his Kiss Kid like it was Charlie Bucket's golden ticket to the Wonka factory. The kid thrust his hand up in the air and displayed it, earning a shower of back slaps and high fives from the Kiss Army soldiers all around him.

Guess which kid will never miss another Kiss show?