August 27 - ACE: Clarkston, MI

Admin
Yawn

August 27 - ACE: Clarkston, MI

Post by Admin »

August 27 - DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston (Detroit), MI
Promoter: Live Nation
Other act(s): Alice Cooper (HL), Artificial Agent (Opener), Illegal (East Entrance Stage)
Reported audience: ? / 15,274

Set lists, live reports, meet-ups...
Detroit73
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: August 27 - ACE: Auburn, MI

Post by Detroit73 »

Auburn Hills, MI

:)
scotter35
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: August 27 - ACE: Auburn, MI

Post by scotter35 »

ok guys.......not that it really matters but.........ace and alice are playing Saturday at DTE energy music theater..........and it is located in Clarkston, Michigan.....not Auburn which has been reported

It is not too far from auburn hills...and that is where the PALACE is located(the Detroit Pistons arena)
pdennis1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: August 27 - ACE: Clarkston, MI

Post by pdennis1 »

It was another great Detroit area Ace show.....setlist was Rocket Ride, Parasite, Sister, Snowblind, I Want You, Rock Soldiers, Love Her All I Can, New York Groove, Detroit Rock City, Shock Me with Guitar Solo, Shout It Out Loud, Love Gun, Cold Gin with Black Diamond Ending
j2m1979
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by j2m1979 »

surprised he isn't playing "Outer Space" at all...he could replace a Kiss song with that.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Really wish he'd play more stuff from Frehley's Comet and Trouble Walking. The first one hasn't aged well IMHO, it has a really dated sound though. Thanks mainly to Todd Howarth, a poor mans Robin Zander. Conversely, the latter album has aged well and is still a good rock record today. Replacing Todd Howarth with Richie Scarlett, a poor man's Keith Richards, was a stroke of brilliance. Notice how none of these people want anything to do with Ace?? Ace just isn't a nice guy, at all.
pdf0427
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by pdf0427 »

Tymaster wrote:Really wish he'd play more stuff from Frehley's Comet and Trouble Walking. The first one hasn't aged well IMHO, it has a really dated sound though. Thanks mainly to Todd Howarth, a poor mans Robin Zander. Conversely, the latter album has aged well and is still a good rock record today. Replacing Todd Howarth with Richie Scarlett, a poor man's Keith Richards, was a stroke of brilliance. Notice how none of these people want anything to do with Ace?? Ace just isn't a nice guy, at all.
Really? Everyone has an opinion, and I just tend to ignore most of them
, but that's just moronic. Tod and Richie are not a part of Ace's band today because they were not asked to be, plain and simple. Ace has had his issues, many of which he's admitted to. I won't pretend otherwise. Tod, though, has generally been positive about Ace in interviews, as has Richie. I don't understand the need for some people to seek out reasons to rip on people.
pdennis1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by pdennis1 »

Tymaster wrote:Really wish he'd play more stuff from Frehley's Comet and Trouble Walking. The first one hasn't aged well IMHO, it has a really dated sound though. Thanks mainly to Todd Howarth, a poor mans Robin Zander. Conversely, the latter album has aged well and is still a good rock record today. Replacing Todd Howarth with Richie Scarlett, a poor man's Keith Richards, was a stroke of brilliance. Notice how none of these people want anything to do with Ace?? Ace just isn't a nice guy, at all.
I think Todd replaced Richie and then Richie replaced Todd...but it all probably boils down to $$$$. Regardless of all that this line up sounds excellent to me.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

pdennis1 wrote:
I think Todd replaced Richie and then Richie replaced Todd...but it all probably boils down to $$$$. Regardless of all that this line up sounds excellent to me.
Yeah, Richie was in the original Comet but Todd was brought it to make the band more commercially oriented.
Kulicker
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kulicker »

You're such a BS artist... here and on Sludge. Howarth was campainging for a Frehley's Comet reunion less than a year ago. And Ace doesn't want Richie Scarlett around because he likes the nose candy.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Kulicker wrote:
You're such a BS artist... here and on Sludge. Howarth was campainging for a Frehley's Comet reunion less than a year ago. And Ace doesn't want Richie Scarlett around because he likes the nose candy.
:mrgreen:
"campainging?" Is that a new word? :cyclopsani:
Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Forevertj »

Kulicker wrote:

Chill out man. that is not needed.
PyroMessiah86
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Latest word is Tod is trying to make it happen for next year. John Regan has also been contacted and is interested if the timing and everything is right. (aka Ace is kicking ass and not drinking etc)
Tod is a great guy, has a killer voice too. Very talented.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

I went to this show. My ticket said 8:00 pm, i got on the DTE website and there was supposed to be an opening band, before Ace. Well I got to the show during Shock Me.(about 8:25) was kinda bummed about it too. The place was absolutely jam packed. There must have been at least 16-17 thousand there. Definitely more than when KISS played the same venue a year ago. Alice was good. Was bummed about missing most of Ace though. So were my friends who had never seen him solo.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

[quote="PyroMessiah86"]Latest word is Tod is trying to make it happen for next year. John Regan has also been contacted and is interested if the timing and everything is right. (aka Ace is kicking ass and not drinking etc)
Tod is a great guy, has a killer voice too. Very talented.[/quote]
Tod is a nice fella. I "kid" when I call him poor man's Zander b/c of all the years he spent with CT. I'd love to see a Frehley's Comet reunion. Ace needs to leave all the Paul and Gene songs alone. His set list has been stale since the mid 90's gutter club days. A FC reunion would rock.
pdennis1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by pdennis1 »

[quote="sugardaddy"]I went to this show. My ticket said 8:00 pm, i got on the DTE website and there was supposed to be an opening band, before Ace. Well I got to the show during Shock Me.(about 8:25) was kinda bummed about it too. The place was absolutely jam packed. There must have been at least 16-17 thousand there. Definitely more than when KISS played the same venue a year ago. Alice was good. Was bummed about missing most of Ace though. So were my friends who had never seen him solo.[/quote]

Ace came out at exactly 7:45p. There was an opening band that must have started around 7pm.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

[quote="pdennis1"][quote="sugardaddy"]I went to this show. My ticket said 8:00 pm, i got on the DTE website and there was supposed to be an opening band, before Ace. Well I got to the show during Shock Me.(about 8:25) was kinda bummed about it too. The place was absolutely jam packed. There must have been at least 16-17 thousand there. Definitely more than when KISS played the same venue a year ago. Alice was good. Was bummed about missing most of Ace though. So were my friends who had never seen him solo.[/quote]

Ace came out at exactly 7:45p. There was an opening band that must have started around 7pm.[/quote]

Thanks man. you would think that if their was a 3rd band that the website/tickets would have said 7pm showtime as opposed to 8:00 or 7:45. Kinda sucks to come all that way and only catch 3 songs of Ace, but I was at the mercy of my ride and they had stuff going on in Ferndale.