"Anomaly" Euro Tour Show 2: 11/30/09 - Stockholm

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"Anomaly" Euro Tour Show 2: 11/30/09 - Stockholm

Post by Admin »

Discussion, set lists, meet-ups, etc.
Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Dwight Fry Speaking
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Dwight Fry Speaking »

Countdown for Ace Frehley @ Debaser in Stockholm tonight!
Yeah!! First time Ace is playing in Stockholm as solo artist. The show is sold out since three or four weeks back! That means around 850 people tonight at the gig. If he plays the same setlist as in Norway it's gonna be great! :D Great songs!
RatSalsa
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by RatSalsa »

From what I've heard so far Ace turned up on stage 1,5 hour late.
DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

According to the venue's website, the opening act was suppsoed to be on stage 20:00 and Ace on stage 21:00. The opening act - whatever their name was - was ca 45 min late, and so was Ace, who began 22:30 (sharp, so you'd think that was the time he was given - played from then to midnight). I didn't write down the setlist, but it seems to be identical to what was played in Drammen, Norway:

Rocket Ride
Parasite
Snow Blind
Sister
Outer Space
Speedin' Back To My Baby
Rock Soldiers
Love Her All I Can
2.000 Man
Fox On The Run
New York Groove
Foxy & Free
Shock Me (incl. solo)
Shout It Out Loud
Deuce

[Rip it out]
Love Gun
Cold Gin

Cold gin had the Black Diamond ending, and Shock me, if memory serves me right, had the thing from She (alive version) tagged on. He also joked a bit playing I can't get no Satisfaction before 2000 Man, and a snippet of Led Zeppelin (I think?) at another point in the set.
I'd give the show a 4 out of 5. Parts were definitely as awesome as you'd want, but it's annoying the way he sells himself somewhat short, bringing in too many covers and Kiss songs he didn't write himself (Deuce was absolutely fabolous, though! I wouldn't want that one out of the setlist). I mean, Shout it out loud, what's the point of doing that one? And Love gun (even though Ace's solo is the best part of the song IMO). It was kinda fun hearing Love her all I can, but less fun since we didn't get Strange Ways (which I'd hoped for most of all), nor Hard Times (nor Dark light, Torpedo girl, Two sides of the coin, etc etc).
I mean, doesn't the man get what a diehard hardcore Ace-fanbase he has?! We want *Ace originals*, not another Kiss-tribute band (the current Kiss is enough ;) ), playing Paul & Gene songs! The Sweet cover is the most unnecessary track, it was like seeing "Slade II" (a far cry from the real Slade, to begin with) in 1993 playing The Kinks' You really got me.

Apart from these tracklist objections, Ace & the band rocked like a motherf-er. The new songs were every bit as good as some of the well-loved classics, Sister was particularly menacing.

It would've been brilliant no end, if these tracks were replaced by, respectively:

Fox On The Run ---> Strange Ways
Shout It Out Loud ---> Hard Times
Love Gun ---> Talk to me
Love Her All I Can ---> Dark Light, Torpedo Girl, Two sides of the coin, Getaway
(I could live without 2000 Man aswell)
Last edited by DL on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dwight Fry Speaking
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Dwight Fry Speaking »

DL wrote:According to the venue's website, the opening act was suppsoed to be on stage 20:00 and Ace on stage 21:00. The opening act - whatever their name was - was ca 45 min late, and so was Ace, who began 22:30 (sharp, so you'd think that was the time he was given - from then to midnight). I didn't write down the setlist, but it seems to be identical to what was played in Drammen, Norway:

Rocket Ride
Parasite
Snow Blind
Sister
Outer Space
Speedin' Back To My Baby
Rock Soldiers
Love Her All I Can
2.000 Man
Fox On The Run
New York Groove
Foxy & Free
Shock Me (incl. solo)
Shout It Out Loud
Deuce

Love Gun
Cold Gin

Cold gin had the Black Diamon ending, and Shock me, if memory serves me right, had the thing from She (alive version) tagged on. He also joked a bit playing I can't get no Satisfaction before 2000 Man, and a snippet of Led Zeppelin (I think?) at another point in the set.
I'd give the show a 4 out of 5. Parts were definitely as awesome as you'd want, but it's annoying the way he sells himself somewhat short, bringing in too many covers and Kiss songs he didn't write himself (Deuce was absolutely fabolous, though! I wouldn't want that one out of the setlist). I mean, Shout it out loud, what's the point of doing that one? And Love gun (even though Ace's solo is the best part of the song IMO). It was kinda fun hearing Love her all I can, but less fun since we didn't get Strange Ways (which I'd hoped for most of all), nor Hard Times (nor Dark light, Torpedo girl, Two sides of the coin, etc etc).
I mean, doesn't the man get what a diehard hardcore Ace-fanbase he has?! We want *Ace originals*, not another Kiss-tribute band (the current Kiss is enough ;) ), playing Paul & Gene songs! The Sweet cover is the most unnecessary track, it was like seeing "Slade II" (a far cry from the real Slade, to begin with) in 1993 playing The Kinks' You really got me.

Apart from these tracklist objections, Ace & the band rocked like a motherf-er. The new songs were every bit as good as some of the well-loved classics, Sister was particularly menacing.

it would've been brilliant no end, if these tracks were replaced by, respectively:

Fox On The Run ---> Strange Ways
Shout It Out Loud ---> Hard Times
Love Gun ---> Talk to me
Love Her All I Can ---> Dark Light, Torpedo Girl, Two sides of the coin, Getaway
(I could live without 2000 Man aswell)
You forgot one important thing in the setlist. First encore was RIP IT OUT!
One of my favourites :D. I think the show was good, not great. I expected more from Ace. The late start of the show, and sound problems during the show was irritating.
I definately had a fun night and the setlist was great, just expected a little bit more.
DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

I just discovered it too - Rip it out was great! :D
I'll edit my post...
DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

Cheap Aftonbladet review by a pop guy who obviously shouldn't have been there in the first place:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/m ... 6214815.ab
I'd definitely give the gig 4 out of 5, at least...
DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

I'm surprised & appalled, but here's another bad review -and this woman usually knows good metal:
http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/scen/artikel_3875945.svd
Seriously, the only thing to nag about was that there should've been more Ace songs in the set (and yes, the waiting was very annoying, but forgotten as soon as the man showed up and broke into Rocket ride).
DL
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DL »

This review was somewhat better, although not as good as the gig itself:
http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/konsertrec ... -1.1006382
swedishace
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by swedishace »

Man I would be there but no people under 18 where allowed