35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With ‘Constrictor’ Read More: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With 'Con

A dedicated forum to discussion of other bands. Wanna talk LL Cool J? Go for it! Prince? Go for it! Spice Girls or Lady Gaga? Go for it! Don't get pigeon-holed into liking just one genre of music!
EasyCatMan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With ‘Constrictor’ Read More: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With 'Con

Post by EasyCatMan »

35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With ‘Constrictor’

Read More: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With 'Constrictor' | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-c ... m=referral

I loved the album. I loved the tour. Vinnie Vincent Invasion was a great opening act. Tremendous bill the 2 of them.
This is probably still my favorite Alice tour.

And I don't get why Alice didn't like "He's Back".
That 70s Guy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With ‘Constrictor’ Read More: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With

Post by That 70s Guy »

I was all over this when it first came out...now it's just meh. "Constrictor" and "Raise Your Fist" are 2 of my least favorite Alice albums.

Great memories tho.
HeavyMetal1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With ‘Constrictor’ Read More: 35 Years Ago: Alice Cooper Strikes Back With

Post by HeavyMetal1 »

I was 13 in 1986 & was not the Alice fan I am now. I only knew Im eighteen & Schools Out. I had no clue that Alice had a "blackout" period & this was his return, so I cant speak about how this "comeback" was. Having said that, I have tried to get into this album, with no luck!
Jasper
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Jasper »

First time I saw him was on The Nightmare Returns tour - at the Odeon, New Street, Birmingham now sadly gone as a concert venue. He did 3 nights there I think. Brilliant show. We got Alien Sex Fiend in the UK as support
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

I was 13 when this came out and a huge Kiss, horror, sci-fi freak. My friends and I watched MTV religiously so when they were doing all of those spots advertising the upcoming "Nightmare Returns" on Halloween night, we were all intrigued. None of us were Coop fans but after trick-or-treating we came home and watched the show on MTV. We were hooked. It's weird I remember that whole weekend and that was a Friday night. The next day we went to see the movie "Trick-or-Treat". Good times.

Anyways, loved Constrictor and I still have the vinyl copy a friend's older brother gave me. He swiped it from a record store he worked at but hated it. Win for me! To me, Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell are sister albums. Oddly, they always rank dead last on Coop album rankings.