Alice Cooper/The Cult UK tour 2022

A dedicated forum to discussion of other bands. Wanna talk LL Cool J? Go for it! Prince? Go for it! Spice Girls or Lady Gaga? Go for it! Don't get pigeon-holed into liking just one genre of music!
Pete2174
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Alice Cooper/The Cult UK tour 2022

Post by Pete2174 »

Homer Simpson
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Alice Cooper/The Cult UK tour 2022

Post by Homer Simpson »

I can't believe it's an arena tour. Alice is my favorite artist, but is he really popular enough to play arenas in the UK?
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

I saw The Cult with KISS in 2016, and they were great. I think Alice fans are getting spoiled in UK. When we get Alice here recently he doesn't have anyone with him. Great to get 90 minutes of the the legendary Alice Cooper, but it sure would be great to get to see the likes of The Cult as well. The US fans are really lucky to be catching Ace on this upcoming tour as well. Alice is upping his game.
Jasper
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jasper »

He'll have The Cult there to sell a few more tickets. Must admit I think Alice works better in a theatre type venue as some of visuals can get lost in an arena.

Alice does sell tickets over here.

He had The Stranglers with him last time who were really good
Frigoria
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Frigoria »

Ah man, I’ve just been watching/listening to The Cult, live performances in the mid to late 80’s when they went from a 4 piece to a 5 piece, and it was a pretty major change. Basically Billy swapped out his chorus and echo pedals for another guitarist. Saw them in 87. Wonder what they tour with nowadays?

Cool lineup with Alice though.
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:57 pm I can't believe it's an arena tour. Alice is my favorite artist, but is he really popular enough to play arenas in the UK?
Yeah, I saw him at Wembley Arena a few years ago and The Cult are good for 3-4000 people a night, I expect they'll do pretty well although I'm a little surprised they're playing venues as large as London's O2 and Manchester arena.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 pm
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:57 pm I can't believe it's an arena tour. Alice is my favorite artist, but is he really popular enough to play arenas in the UK?
Yeah, I saw him at Wembley Arena a few years ago and The Cult are good for 3-4000 people a night, I expect they'll do pretty well although I'm a little surprised they're playing venues as large as London's O2 and Manchester arena.
Las time I saw Alice at the Manchester Arena (2019) it was as close to sold out as possible. Second tier up in the gods had a few curtained of area's but nice and full everywhere else. Just a pity he doesn't do standing on the floor anymore. Guess you can't buy those priority seats if there's standing...
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

tazchris wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:17 pm I saw The Cult with KISS in 2016, and they were great. I think Alice fans are getting spoiled in UK. When we get Alice here recently he doesn't have anyone with him. Great to get 90 minutes of the the legendary Alice Cooper, but it sure would be great to get to see the likes of The Cult as well. The US fans are really lucky to be catching Ace on this upcoming tour as well. Alice is upping his game.
That is usually true, as it has been "an Evening with Alice" type thing, but he does have Ace with him on the current tour.
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Pete2174 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 pm
Las time I saw Alice at the Manchester Arena (2019) it was as close to sold out as possible. Second tier up in the gods had a few curtained of area's but nice and full everywhere else. Just a pity he doesn't do standing on the floor anymore. Guess you can't buy those priority seats if there's standing...
That's impressive. I'm not a big fan of standing anymore, for as long as I can remember it was the only thing I'd consider, the thought or sitting down at a concert seemed pointless, but over the last few years I've preferred a nice comfortable seat :lol:
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Alice Cooper & Whitesnake, summer is looking good!