Anybody want a sealed original Alive II US vinyl?

Dedicated to those who are into all sorts of KISS related collecting. Classic or modern, merchandise or other types of collectibles, it doesn't matter! Seen a cool item for sale somewhere? Post the link in here. Have something for sale or trade, post in this forum! Discuss stuff too! Have a question about some item/product? Ask it here, maybe another KISS fan can help! Posts offering or requesting bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted.
Under The Rose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Anybody want a sealed original Alive II US vinyl?

Post by Under The Rose »

There’s currently a listing on eBay which people are bidding like crazy on. Over $400 already with 5 days to go. And it has big cut corner and the shrink is in a pretty rough state.

I have a much nicer copy (sealed with hype sticker) that I’d be willing to part with for less than that, including registered shipping anywhere in the world.

PM me if interested and I’ll share pics.
Ted Maul's Paradise
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Anybody want a sealed original Alive II US vinyl?

Post by Ted Maul's Paradise »

The reason why this particular Alive II is going for over $400 is because it's a "sealed" error copy - or misprint with the 3 extra songs listed on the cover: Take Me, Hooligan & Do You Love Me.

The seller obviously doesn't know or realise this as it isn't mentioned in the description, but I bet he's wondering what's going on?!. :)
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Ted Maul's Paradise wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:57 am The reason why this particular Alive II is going for over $400 is because it's a "sealed" error copy - or misprint with the 3 extra songs listed on the cover: Take Me, Hooligan & Do You Love Me.

The seller obviously doesn't know or realise this as it isn't mentioned in the description, but I bet he's wondering what's going on?!. :)
Oh yes, good spot! That could go pretty high then!

Basically it’s a hen’s tooth.
Ted Maul's Paradise
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Ted Maul's Paradise »

Under The Rose wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:05 am
Ted Maul's Paradise wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:57 am The reason why this particular Alive II is going for over $400 is because it's a "sealed" error copy - or misprint with the 3 extra songs listed on the cover: Take Me, Hooligan & Do You Love Me.

Oh yes, good spot! That could go pretty high then!
:thumleft: Yes. As you said, its got a big cut corner and the shrinkwrap looks rough, but as it's an error copy & 'sealed' to a degree :) it'll go higher I'm sure.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

In the end it went for $911.99!
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

If it actually had those songs on it instead of just being listed on the back...maybe it would be worth paying ripoff for. But just being a misprint...not for no $900!
Ratmir
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ratmir »

I have a question. I’ve never collected vinyl before, started thinking about it recently.
So there’s a 1977 German issue of Alive II on sale in a antique shop in my town. Open but in good condition. Can someone tell what’s the value of such vinyl might be?
LiveToWin
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin »

Ratmir wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 am I have a question. I’ve never collected vinyl before, started thinking about it recently.
So there’s a 1977 German issue of Alive II on sale in a antique shop in my town. Open but in good condition. Can someone tell what’s the value of such vinyl might be?
Probably €10