Meeting the band members

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
vaspaceman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Meeting the band members

Post by vaspaceman »

Ok for those of you who have met the members of KISS throughout the years, which ones were the most cordial and which ones seemed like they didn't want to be bothered? I know it probably depends on the time of day and their mood, but just curious how things went when you met them. (any member, any era). Disclaimer-No I'm not trying to stir anything up either. Just like to know because I haven't met any of them.
kissin time
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kissin time »

Paul Gene Ace was very kind to me,but Peter little bit less cordial.
PsychoKiss344
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by PsychoKiss344 »

Gene didnt seem to happy when I met him...this was 2008.
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

knock wood not one bad experience except for George Sewitt no letting me take a photo with Ace or Peter the many times I met them.

c**ksmoker he was
spacecat
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spacecat »

I've met Gene, Paul, Ace, Eric Singer, Bruce, & Tommy

I thought all of them were extremely nice, looked you in the eye when talking to you, and seemed very appreciative of the fans

The most cordial if I had to pick would probably be Paul when I met him ,& also Tommy-Gene was fun, joking around a lot, Eric was great, talking a mile a minute, Bruce, very kind...Ace was probably the coolest, was also very cordial, seemed even a little shy
strangeway
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by strangeway »

I met Gene one time on the streets of NYC, he was not too nice and really didnt say much. He knew I was a fan and I was far from being annoying. I met him again at a signing in Uniform(NYPD) and he couldnt have been nicer. Ace was pretty cool but really didnt say much. Paul was ok, considering I bought a painting. But hands down Peter Criss was the most sincere! He just seemed the most genuine of them all and appreciated my love for the band. He really came across as a good person.

Bottom line they r people loke u and I and tghey all have there good and bad days. EIther way I have been fortunate enough to have met them in some very unique situations.
pdennis1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by pdennis1 »

I have met Paul, Gene, Peter, Ace, Eric S., Bruce and Mark and I will say all have been very nice. I do remember finding it hard to believe that Mark was really a member of KISS because he seemed to know very little about the band.

George Sewitt even took a picture of me and Ace with my camera - need to find it.
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Been lucky to meet everyone apart from Tommy and Mark,numerous times.Never had a bad experience,if i had to pick a fave it would be Eric Carr simply because he seemed more down to earth than the others.
bigdaddyb

Post by bigdaddyb »

pdennis1 wrote:George Sewitt even took a picture of me and Ace with my camera - need to find it.

just curious are you male or female....cause it seems ol' Georgie didn't want his clients bothered to take photos.....
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

Paul has always been nice to me...Gene is usually distracted talking to someone else...Eric and Bruce seemed nice and signed some things. Have never met Ace, Peter or the rest...
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Bruce has always been very cool.
TRIOdevil
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by TRIOdevil »

I've met all of the originals a few times each, and I've seen them at their best and sometimes not. As a whole, Paul, Tommy, and Bruce have consistently been extremely nice. Of course, Gene, Peter, and Ace have been nice too, but all three of them have also been somewhat unpleasant too--especially Peter in 2003 at the Platinum Meet and Greet in DC...he was in terrible mood when I spoke to him that night.

I guess if I had to pick one of the originals as the nicest, I would pick Paul. He is usually a class act.
TommyB
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by TommyB »

met tommy, paul, eric, gene

tommy was the best and the nicest

worst was possibly eric
ColdGin
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ColdGin »

Met Gene, Eric and Bruce back on 1992...then met Gene, Eric, Bruce and Paul on 1994. From all the most cordial was Bruce... and then Eric and then Gene. Paul was the more distant.
BootlegHuntr
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BootlegHuntr »

I met Gene, Paul, Eric & Bruce at the 1995 Nashville Unplugged thing. They were all very cool at the time. (Glad I didn't meet G&P post-reunion era.) Putting together the Evansville Expos, I've dealt with Bruce & Eric on many occasions and they've always been super cool with the fans around here.

I met Ace in Nashville at the Wildhorse Saloon in 2008 and he was pretty curt with most everyone. I am glad I was third in line to meet him. Downboys was there right behind me. It was obvious Ace didn't want to meet anyone. Oh, and Ace had such a pro-photographer, right DB? :roll:
BagBoy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BagBoy »

Does my picture speak for itself?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
headlong
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by headlong »

Paul Stanley (2x) - nice enough
Gene Simmons (2x) - nice enough
Eric Carr (1x) - extremely nice
Vinnie Vincent (1x) - o.k.
Mark St. John (1x) - o.k.
Bruce Kulick (6x) - extremely nice
Eric Singer (4x) - extremely nice
LadyStarChildSTL1973
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by LadyStarChildSTL1973 »

I have met Eric S,Bruce, and Paul.All three were extremely nice.
StarChildBlade
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by StarChildBlade »

Peter was in a bad mood when I met him. His mom had just died.
Ace was in a good mood, but his manager was a prick.
Paul was sitting on the other side of a room, and didn't want to talk.
Gene I've met twice. He was great both times, but sort of fake the 2nd time.
Bruce was a helluva nice guy.
Eric Singer I met backstage at a show he was playing with Alice on. He was kind of jerky.
James T. Kirk
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by James T. Kirk »

I've Met them all too many times...but had interestingly consistent results

Pre-Reunion Gene and Paul were better,but they were never humble around me

Peter Criss was terrible in the 80's and 90's...but much better post reunion (when not in the prescence of Kiss). He is what he is...he was so nice and seemed grateful one day...and was a mean pissy old prick the next...kinda like myself :lol:

Gene Simmons- Often seems distracted and disinterested, yet like many people catch him at the right moment (or when the press are around) and he can be really cool

Paul Stanley- Looks right through you and seems distant. he answers your questions as best he can, signs one or two items and puts the marker on the next persons item as he greets them

Ace Frehley- Whether he's in a good mood or not...you will have a story to tell and he never refused to sign unless he was too "distracted" to notice me asking.....if you talk to him without showing too much enthusiasm you may be able to get a few words.

Tommy Thayer - Always knew his place at signings, Always Pro.

Eric Singer- the biggest dick out of all of them! :lol: ... the balls on him! ...give him a compliment...he gets cynical...say hello...he gives you the celebrity brushoff

Bruce- Nice guy (but in '92 he was a prick too..for whatever reason)

Eric Carr- was really cool everytime
pdennis1
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by pdennis1 »

bigdaddyb wrote:
pdennis1 wrote:George Sewitt even took a picture of me and Ace with my camera - need to find it.

just curious are you male or female....cause it seems ol' Georgie didn't want his clients bothered to take photos.....
Male - he was joking with me about keeping the camera.
banks
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by banks »

I've never met any of them. So, after reading reports from people who HAVE met these guys, what do I think? I think they are just like any of us. How nice or bad they are with people has a lot to do with how they feel at the moment, how interesting they think the other person is etc. They're just like the rest of us. I may be a jerk with one person on Monday and an angel with another on Tuesday.
When people pay to see them, of course the least they can do is be nice to these people, but when people happen to see them on the street or werever, they don't have an obligation to be nice; it's just like any other meeting between two strangers; and the reasons for how they act are the same as for any of us; how we are feeling, how we feel about the other person.
DarknessWillFall413

Post by DarknessWillFall413 »

It's tough to judge people by a few brief meetings. Too many things to consider with the circumstances to get a real or fair assessment.

Over the last 27 or so years of spending significant time around them, I've found Carr, Kulick, Singer, and Stanley the most likable and consistent out of them all by far.

Simmons & Frehley could be hot or cold. Flip a coin.

Only met Vincent & St.John a handful of times each, but they were pretty screwy.

Criss was frequently hostile and high strung. Easily the hardest one to tolerate and like.
haakon11
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by haakon11 »

Tommy Thayer- verry cool, took good time, to sign and take picture. He was nice etc.

Eric Singer- Extremely nice. Met him in Jevnaker, on concertplace and hotel. At the hotel he take the time to sit with me and my friends, just us. And that's kind of cool when you're just fifteen years old! Corabi came also.

Paul Stanley- went quickley, but it was nice.

Gene Simmons- verry great, may the best. He talked with me at the half M&G. He dicussed to me about how nice his tongue was...hehe, "look at this, isn't it cool, ah?" Hehe, he was great. He saw my Tommy- picture (that picture tommy signed), hold it up and yelled for Tommy, said it was the coolest picture he've ever seen 8)

Bruce Kulick- verry great, took many pictures, and he is verry great with his fans!
The Phantom of the Park

Post by The Phantom of the Park »

Gene-disinterested, bored

Eric Singer - bored

Paul - quiet, but nice

Tommy - fantastic, always smiling

Ace-okay, but seemed out of it
Relay
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Relay »

I'VE MET THEM ALL FROM 1984 TO 2007. DEFINITLY ERIC CARR WAS THE BEST. ALL 5 TIMES HE WAS THE SAME.

GENE ACTUALLY TOLD ME WITHOUT THE THE FANS WE WOULDN'T BE HERE. SO WHEN YOU HEAR HIM SAY THAT IN INTERVIEWS HE DOES BELIEVE IT. HE WAS SINCERE, AND THERE WERE NO CAMERAS AROUND FOR ANYTHING TO PROMOTE.

PAUL I'VE MET 5 TIMES. THE BEST MOMENT WAS IN '85 ASYLUM TOUR I TOLD HIM I LIKED HEARING "WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN" I WAS SURPRISED THEY PLAYED IT AND ASKED HIM WHY? HE SAID, VERY FRIENDLY, "ASK GENE". HE WAS IN A GREAT MOOD CAUSE "TEARS ARE FALLING" HIT NUMBER 1 ON MTV. THAT WAS ALSO THE TIME ERIC CARR HAD TO BE CARRIED OUT OF THE HOTEL BAR FROM DRINKING TO MUCH. I THOUGHT "MY HERO" HIS DRUM SOLO KILLED THAT NIGHT.

BRUCE WAS ALWAYS GREAT.

PETER WAS VERY NICE WHEN I MET HIM IN '07. WE TALKED ABOUT JOHN BONHAM AND KEITH MOON AND I WAS IN AW THAT HE HUNG OUT WITH THESE GUYS.

ACE I MET IN '94 AND SEEMED SURPRISED HOW YOUNG WE WERE AND THAT A YOUNGER GENERATION KNEW WHO HE WAS.

MARK ST JOHN I MET ON THE ANIMALIZE TOUR- HE LOOKED TIRED BUT WAS FRIENDLY. IT WAS WEIRD FINDING OUT HE DIDN'T PLAY THE SHOW THAT NIGHT IT WAS THIS OTHER GUY NAMED "BRUCE"

ERIC SINGER WAS OK.....

VINNIE WAS COOL- JUST A QUICK HELLO...

ALSO FROM AC/DC BRIAN JOHNSON IS A GENTLEMAN. THOSE GUYS REALLY ARE COOL....
Jethrofinger
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Jethrofinger »

That is so cool that all of you got meet someone in Kiss. I'm 18 and I've been a fan since my dad passed nine year ago. I'm an aspiring music journalist now and interviewing any member of Kiss would be a dream come true.

Lucky for those who met Eric Carr and Mark...may they rest in peace :(
MsStarchild

Post by MsStarchild »

ColdGin wrote:Met Gene, Eric and Bruce back on 1992...then met Gene, Eric, Bruce and Paul on 1994. From all the most cordial was Bruce... and then Eric and then Gene. Paul was the more distant.
I met Paul around that time (revenge tour) and he was distant then w/me as well. I did hear that he and Pamela were having problems at the time, plus, she had miscarried the baby they were expecting when they got married. Add the fact that he was sick that day and well, I don't blame him if he didn't feel like talking.
Last edited by MsStarchild on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

My experiences:

Gene..always professional and courteous
Paul...will sign but can be a bit distant, brilliant though in Meet and Greets and scheduled signing events
Eric Carr...what a champ, ran around trying to sign stuff
Ace...a nightmare when drinking, better at a meet and greet but cold as a dead fish communication wise
Bruce...a gent and very easy to approach
Tommy...very friendly nothing is too much trouble, helped me get Ace's autograph one time
Eric Singer...great if he is engaged in something that interests him, good sense of humour
Heelz2315
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Heelz2315 »

I met Gene once during the reunion tour at WDW - Magic Kindgom. Him, Shannon, Nick and Sophie wound up walking right in front of me (well with Disney security between us)

We were all walking through the castle at the time and just as they came out of it they decided to ride Cinderella's carousel. They all 4 posed for a picture in front of it. Then Shannon, Nick and Sophie got in line to ride.

Gene didn't ride but sat on a bench near by. I approached him and told him I had been a fan since I was a kid, and was actually there in Fl. for the show. I told him that I wanted to wait until his kids were not around b/c to everyone else he's Gene Simmons, but to them he's Dad and I didn't want to interrupt that.

He was taken aback by that and was very appreaciative. We talked for a few minutes about the tour, Ace/Peter who were all getting along great then and we had a nice conversation.

when the ride ended, and I saw his kids coming, I thanked him for already a lifetime of music and memories, and wished him success and his family well. He looked me right in the eye and thanked me. And it seemed very heartfelt.
BootlegHuntr
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BootlegHuntr »

Heelz2315 wrote:Gene didn't ride but sat on a bench near by. I approached him and told him I had been a fan since I was a kid, and was actually there in Fl. for the show. I told him that I wanted to wait until his kids were not around b/c to everyone else he's Gene Simmons, but to them he's Dad and I didn't want to interrupt that.
That was very very cool of you. My hat is off to you. Very classy.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Heelz2315 wrote:I met Gene once during the reunion tour at WDW - Magic Kindgom. Him, Shannon, Nick and Sophie wound up walking right in front of me (well with Disney security between us)

We were all walking through the castle at the time and just as they came out of it they decided to ride Cinderella's carousel. They all 4 posed for a picture in front of it. Then Shannon, Nick and Sophie got in line to ride.

Gene didn't ride but sat on a bench near by. I approached him and told him I had been a fan since I was a kid, and was actually there in Fl. for the show. I told him that I wanted to wait until his kids were not around b/c to everyone else he's Gene Simmons, but to them he's Dad and I didn't want to interrupt that.

He was taken aback by that and was very appreaciative. We talked for a few minutes about the tour, Ace/Peter who were all getting along great then and we had a nice conversation.

when the ride ended, and I saw his kids coming, I thanked him for already a lifetime of music and memories, and wished him success and his family well. He looked me right in the eye and thanked me. And it seemed very heartfelt.
Awesome story.

I met Gene after a 92 show outside the Watergate Hotel in DC (where he was staying--we followed his van from the Cap Centre. :) . He was very cool, signing stuff for the few of us there and chatting. No issues. Pure class.
bobrod

Post by bobrod »

Paul - met twice, both times very nice
Gene - met once, very cool
Ace - met once, kind of a dick
Peter - met twice, first time was a dick, second time very nice
Bruce - met four times, always nice
Eric S. - met twice, first time wasn't very nice, second time very cool
Tommy - met once, very nice
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

Paul (1988-1989) - met twice, once under weird circumstance and he was pissed off to start with, the second time he was quite nice.

Gene (1988-1990) - Jerk both times I met him.

Eric Carr (1988) - Met once. Super nice.

Vinnie (1986-1996) - Met him 3 times, was very nice each time.

Ace (1988-1990) - Met twice...very cool the first time, very drunk the second.

PS - I had the opportunity to meet Bruce a few times in the 80's, and I actually blew him off! (I really hated what he brought to the band pre-Revenge)
filmito
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by filmito »

BootlegHuntr wrote:
Heelz2315 wrote:Gene didn't ride but sat on a bench near by. I approached him and told him I had been a fan since I was a kid, and was actually there in Fl. for the show. I told him that I wanted to wait until his kids were not around b/c to everyone else he's Gene Simmons, but to them he's Dad and I didn't want to interrupt that.
That was very very cool of you. My hat is off to you. Very classy.
Same here, surely he liked that.

probably made him feel Almost Human (almost...most...humaaaaaan...).

I've never met any of them (Bruce and Eric did some conventions here, and Union also, but I was 12 and didn't have anyone to come with me and though "well, ok, I'll wait until next years convention" ... :roll: )
Miss_Foxx
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Miss_Foxx »

I've met bruce twice and each time he was a star :)

Hung out with the current band several times on the european tour just gone in the uk and in spain. First of all Doc mcghee went above and beyond the call of duty for me and my fiancee, making sure we were looked after, fed, and enjoying ourselves, he treated us like old friends.
As for the Band they were fantastic. The story starts in Liverpool and we happened to be stopping at a hotel for my birthday the night before the kiss concert, my birthday being the actual day of the concert :) so we stay at the hotel and Bill wyman (the bassist from the rolling stones) is staying there, and gets us free tickets to his show and hung out with us until the early hours. As we are checking out, I accidently came across the itinerary for the hotel day and docs name was on top of the list, holy crap I was excited :) so we went to the concert, it was awesome, lol we thought we would try our luck at the hotel so after about an hour they show up, as soon as paul gets out of the car he recognised me and says hey takes a picture and I asked him to sign my tattoo, he obliges and asks me and my fiancee to come inside the hotel as it was pretty cold. they could tell we were real fans. After we got inside, we saw everyone but Gene and Eric headed off to bed pretty quickly. We stayed in the hotel bar with doc and he bought us drinks, I didnt manage to get eric or genes signature so doc said to come back the following morning. Went back the next day and was very fortunate to spend an afternoon with KISS, had breakfast talked and everyone was amazing. Especially paul and gene. had a long conversation with gene and paul showed me some pictures of his kids. They gave us backstage passes and were really cool, remembering my name and greeting us both with such welcome. we went to all the shows highlights including
*passing paul stanley on the phone to my dad who is a huge kiss fan
*gene singing Beth at me (yeh kinda my fault they played it whoops)
*gene taking the mick out of my partners liverpudlian accent
*tommy saying he would love to play the oath but wasnt allowed lol
*being at wembley, turning round and being sat next to jimmy page
* meeting shannon tweed and nick, really really lovely
*Hanging out with Paul and billy (genes axe bass guys) they rule more than I can say
* the crew, awesome guys the stage managers rule and were so friendly
*seeing the kiss guitars and amps up close
*sound check
*the kiss party in madrid with doc tommy eric and the really cool security guys, especially gooch
*the burgers bought for us by Paul and billy at the W hotel in barcelona
*road trip from madrid to barcelona with crew
* Paul Stanley being very humble in madrid and barcelona, remembering our names and very happy at the fact we had flown out to see them again.
*talking about what flavours of jam me and gene liked :)

all in all the band were F**king amazing and treated me and my partner brilliantly and its a couple months of my life I will never forget. Meeting Kiss on my birthday was the luckiest moment of my life
wickedlester59
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by wickedlester59 »

peter was by far the coolest, met him at chiller theatre expo in NJ and he spent up to 5 min with each fan he came out from behind his table and gave me a hug when I had him sign my tattoo. towards the end of the evening I returned to his booth to buy a poster and there were only a few people left and he sat and bullshitted with me for awhile.

Ace was the worst I met him also at the chiller event 6 months prior to meeting peter and his line was insane he showed up an hour late and i was in line for a total of 3.5 hrs he seemed to be in good spirits while observing then the young boy infront of me got up to ace and said, "HI PAUL" that seemed to have pissed him off I got up to him and said hi he just grinned and signed my things saying take it away kind of in a rude tone when I took the picture with him he turned his head so we needed to do a retake and it must have took too long for the flash to charge up in my camera cus he told my girlfriend to hurry up and take the fuckin picture.

gene was very quiet but polite

paul was kinda cool, but seemed like he was above everyone

eric tommy and bruce all awesome guys
norsemen
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: Meeting the band members

Post by norsemen »

Met Gene, Paul, Eric, Tommy (Kiss meet and greet) and Bruce once.

They were very professional at the meet and greet, and both Gene and Paul took the time to speak with me. Overall, a positive experience.

Bruce I met at a show case in a music store in a shopping mall. He didn’t seem to want to be there and seemed very distanced. Kind of a neutral encounter
Tito

Post by Tito »

Holy necrobump, Batman!
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re:

Post by neiltracy00 »

strangeway wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am I met Gene one time on the streets of NYC, he was not too nice and really didnt say much. He knew I was a fan and I was far from being annoying. I met him again at a signing in Uniform(NYPD) and he couldnt have been nicer. Ace was pretty cool but really didnt say much. Paul was ok, considering I bought a painting. But hands down Peter Criss was the most sincere! He just seemed the most genuine of them all and appreciated my love for the band. He really came across as a good person.

Bottom line they r people loke u and I and tghey all have there good and bad days. EIther way I have been fortunate enough to have met them in some very unique situations.
Yet many stories say Peter is the worst, people just must catch them at a good time or bad time. I know I am not a people person 99.99% of the time
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re:

Post by neiltracy00 »

Miss_Foxx wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 am I've met bruce twice and each time he was a star :)

Hung out with the current band several times on the european tour just gone in the uk and in spain. First of all Doc mcghee went above and beyond the call of duty for me and my fiancee, making sure we were looked after, fed, and enjoying ourselves, he treated us like old friends.
As for the Band they were fantastic. The story starts in Liverpool and we happened to be stopping at a hotel for my birthday the night before the kiss concert, my birthday being the actual day of the concert :) so we stay at the hotel and Bill wyman (the bassist from the rolling stones) is staying there, and gets us free tickets to his show and hung out with us until the early hours. As we are checking out, I accidently came across the itinerary for the hotel day and docs name was on top of the list, holy crap I was excited :) so we went to the concert, it was awesome, lol we thought we would try our luck at the hotel so after about an hour they show up, as soon as paul gets out of the car he recognised me and says hey takes a picture and I asked him to sign my tattoo, he obliges and asks me and my fiancee to come inside the hotel as it was pretty cold. they could tell we were real fans. After we got inside, we saw everyone but Gene and Eric headed off to bed pretty quickly. We stayed in the hotel bar with doc and he bought us drinks, I didnt manage to get eric or genes signature so doc said to come back the following morning. Went back the next day and was very fortunate to spend an afternoon with KISS, had breakfast talked and everyone was amazing. Especially paul and gene. had a long conversation with gene and paul showed me some pictures of his kids. They gave us backstage passes and were really cool, remembering my name and greeting us both with such welcome. we went to all the shows highlights including
*passing paul stanley on the phone to my dad who is a huge kiss fan
*gene singing Beth at me (yeh kinda my fault they played it whoops)
*gene taking the mick out of my partners liverpudlian accent
*tommy saying he would love to play the oath but wasnt allowed lol
*being at wembley, turning round and being sat next to jimmy page
* meeting shannon tweed and nick, really really lovely
*Hanging out with Paul and billy (genes axe bass guys) they rule more than I can say
* the crew, awesome guys the stage managers rule and were so friendly
*seeing the kiss guitars and amps up close
*sound check
*the kiss party in madrid with doc tommy eric and the really cool security guys, especially gooch
*the burgers bought for us by Paul and billy at the W hotel in barcelona
*road trip from madrid to barcelona with crew
* Paul Stanley being very humble in madrid and barcelona, remembering our names and very happy at the fact we had flown out to see them again.
*talking about what flavours of jam me and gene liked :)

all in all the band were F**king amazing and treated me and my partner brilliantly and its a couple months of my life I will never forget. Meeting Kiss on my birthday was the luckiest moment of my life
You need to put the lottery on, you are that lucky. Bet if you fell on dogshit, you would smell of roses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
curryleaf
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by curryleaf »

Only ever met Ace. He was completely out of it but shook my hand and said 'Hi'. He looked in my general direction as he did so, but I don't really think he was seeing straight.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but no famous musician I've met has ever been a dick. The nicest, by far, were Jerry Only and Doyle from the Misfits.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

curryleaf wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 am Only ever met Ace. He was completely out of it but shook my hand and said 'Hi'. He looked in my general direction as he did so, but I don't really think he was seeing straight.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but no famous musician I've met has ever been a dick. The nicest, by far, were Jerry Only and Doyle from the Misfits.
my worst was scorpions in 80, Schenker and Rarebell came to the back doors at the Glasgow Apollo and all Rarebell could moan to Schenker who had stopped was they have to do a soundcheck. The best was Blackfoot on the Marauder tour, waited at the back doors to the Apollo in 82 for ages and they came out the pub across the road. Stood, messed about and signed tons of stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DoggFather

Re:

Post by DoggFather »

bigdaddyb wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am knock wood not one bad experience except for George Sewitt no letting me take a photo with Ace or Peter the many times I met them.

c**ksmoker he was
That guy is one of the biggest motherfuckers ever (and I do hope he gets to read this).

What were Ace and Peter thinking?
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

neiltracy00 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 am
curryleaf wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:00 am Only ever met Ace. He was completely out of it but shook my hand and said 'Hi'. He looked in my general direction as he did so, but I don't really think he was seeing straight.

my worst was scorpions in 80, Schenker and Rarebell came to the back doors at the Glasgow Apollo and all Rarebell could moan to Schenker who had stopped was they have to do a soundcheck. The best was Blackfoot on the Marauder tour, waited at the back doors to the Apollo in 82 for ages and they came out the pub across the road. Stood, messed about and signed tons of stuff.
That pub would have been Lauder's!

My only bad experience with somebody semi-famous was with Jimmy Bain who played bass for Rainbow and Dio amongst others...he was in the Preservation Halls in Edinburgh with some people who knew some of the ones I was in with, and I found myself standing next to him at one point.

Quite innocently, I said "All right...you're Jimmy Bain, aren't you?" The reply: "Aye, so what if I fuckin' am...?" in a tone that would have normally got his jaw rattled if he hadn't looked like a 5'5" tramp wearing a big daft overcoat.
Last edited by Glasgow Kiss on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Bee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Super Bee »

Paul- Meh.
Gene- Has always been very nice.
Bruce- Really nice guy. I have met Bruce many, many times.
Eric Singer- Great guy, I can not say anything bad about him.
Ace- Very hit or miss. Depends on his mood.
Vinnie- Met him a couple years ago and he was great.
Tommy- Just a super guy. Has actually become my favorite one to meet.
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

This is a common question; but honestly nowadays I think it should be divided into two categories:
- Pre-arranged, Paid/“VIP Experience” meetings, Kruises, etc
-or-
- Chance meetings, run-ins in public places, airports, free In-store appearances, NAMM, etc etc
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

JohnBergless wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 am This is a common question; but honestly nowadays I think it should be divided into two categories:
- Pre-arranged, Paid/“VIP Experience” meetings, Kruises, etc
-or-
- Chance meetings, run-ins in public places, airports, free In-store appearances, NAMM, etc etc
Since the advent of M&Gs etc. you're almost certainly right - it's probably impossible to gauge a person when the truth is on those occasions they're being paid to be nice.
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

Every band member I have met in person has been really nice and accommodating. Paul and Peter were exceptionally nice considering the circumstances. Bruce I believe would tell you we are friends.

I received a couple of private calls from one member regarding some items I sent to be signed as a favor for donating to a project (with this person's encouragement to do so) that were damaged on purpose by someone who handled them. Those were not this persons best moments.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

I've met Gene, Ace Paul, Peter Bruce, Tommy and Eric S.

When meeting them at M&G's they've all been awesome.

Paul, Eric and Bruce I've met outside M&G's. All were great experiences.

Paul was on his Live to Win Tour of Australia. First in Melbourne where he had a friend in a wheelchair moved on stage to the side to watch the show. He then had a taxi organized to take us back to the hotel. Second was in Newcastle after the show where he just came out back to chat to some fans waiting. Very cool.

Eric called me while I was at work when he toured Australia with Alice Cooper. I couldn't make the show due to being on shift. A friend with connections managed to let Eric know. He called me and we had a good little chat for 5 minutes.

Bruce I met quickly at Melbourne airport on the 1995 Australian Tour. Very cool.