So, Ace gets a pass?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: So, Ace gets a pass?

Post by Grand Classic »

StillAlive wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:27 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am What’s the point of the ignore function anyway?
Personally, I don't use it.
But it's awfully tempting when some people make 20, 30, even 40 posts in the same topic. Making the same point over and over and over again.
It ruins the flow of the discussion. It destroys the topic. As well as being just plain rude, obnoxious, obsessive and self-absorbed.
I sometimes wish there was a post limit per topic (or per day).
If you can't make your point in under 15 posts, maybe you need to improve your communication skills?
Interesting perspective from someone who just joined a few weeks back. Were you banned before?
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Julien wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 am My perspective:

"Shock Me" was written by Ace and recorded by KISS while he was in the band and became a central soundtrack part of the show. While it may be less than desirable for Tommy to be singing it, it remains a KISS catalog song and a useful device during the show. Tommy does a fine job honoring the song when performed. It also seems to annoy some fans, making it all the more appealing.

Ace was the lead guitarist for KISS, 1972-82 and 1996-2001, and will always be the originator of many of the band's signature guitar solos, so pretty much any song is fair game for his band to perform, particularly if it gives him a break from lead vocal duties during the set, or he simply wants one of his guys singing something. Would I prefer more Ace solo material in his sets? Sure. But I'm usually there to see Ace with his band and have yet to walk out of a show due to dissatisfaction with the set.

Life is too short to worry about irrelevancies I can't control.
b i n g o
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Tito wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am
KISSTRONAUT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:08 am
weboes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 am
StillAlive wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:32 am Yes. Ace gets a pass.
You’ll notice there has been no Covid shaming or hysteria regarding his tour with Alice. No faux outrage over fan safety.
No detective work to prove poor sales or attendance.

#Hypocrisy
I would think that's because Ace has been a Trump person and most of the people attacking Gene and Paul lean right. People tend not to attack their own.
Exactly! An often overlooked simple fact. People look over and protect those they like and support.
Hypocrisy is rampant in the world.
Riiight, that must be it. And I bet they're all paid to post here too. :roll:

#acesimaginaryfreepass
Ain’t nobody’s posts worth any coin. I have called out the Triple A (Angry Ace Avatars) pretty much since I’ve been here. They’re basically harmless. Just punch drunk on blue Kool Aid.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

aceeg wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:16 am If it weren't for the reunion Kiss would be playing car lots!
... Oh, a wise-guy! Very well. You win this round ...
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

There used to be a website called spaceaceonline.com. There was a message board attached with a bunch of users who literally thought Ace could no wrong. If Ace murdered an innocent person, certain members of that board would say the murder was justifiable.
Last edited by southernkiss on Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

southernkiss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:27 pm There used to be a website called spaceace.com. There was a message board attached with a bunch of users who literally thought Ace could no wrong. If Ace murdered an innocent person, certain members of that board would say the murder was justifiable.
Apparently none of those are here :wink:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

southernkiss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:27 pm There used to be a website called spaceace.com. There was a message board attached with a bunch of users who literally thought Ace could no wrong. If Ace murdered an innocent person, certain members of that board would say the murder was justifiable.
This is the first time I am hearing about such a site. It sounds like you are being hyperbolic.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:37 pm
This is the first time I am hearing about such a site. It sounds like you are being hyperbolic.
I do not think the site is still up, but I very clearly remember it. There was a forum on the board called the Ace Lust Forum. Ladies would post their sexual fantasies about Ace.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

I even remember one of the users trying to justify Ace charging fans $250 for a hot dog and soda at one of his fan birthdays. I do not remember if it involved a picture with Ace or not. There were a lot of fans upset about how that birthday party turned out.
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Marty Scurll »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:16 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am What’s the point of the ignore function anyway? You can always see the blocked persons comments when someone quotes them, which happens more times than not.

And not to insult anyone, but if you’re a grown ass man, what can be said on a forum about Kiss that would make you want to block someone anyway. If I were that sensitive I would just leave I suppose. But then again I’m not really on here that often so maybe I miss a lot of annoyances.

Not to get off topic so, as many have already stated,Kiss performing Shock Me has more to do with Tommy cloning Ace. If Bruce sang it in the non makeup era, it probably would have been accepted more, maybe, still would have seemed awkward. If Tommy performed Out of this World instead of Shock Me I don’t think anyone would bat an eye. Most want to hear Ace perform it. Also, I really don’t like hearing Aces band perform Love Gun, DRC, Strutter,etc…I think they both get it wrong.
Even if you ignore someone, it stills give you the option to see the comment if you click yes to do so. I think most who use the ignore function still look at posts if it is someone quoting them.

Much Too Soon sure as shit did. He read every single post from people he had on ignore, which negated the purpose of the ignore feature and then he started his What? posts.
See I didn’t know you could view it anyway if you choose. I just thought you would have to disable the ignore function.

If someone’s hurling personal insults or whatever maybe i can understand someone getting bent out of shape, but just discussing Kiss? I’m gonna put you on ignore because you don’t like Tommy? Or you’re insulting Paul?! I mean really?
Yep. It asks you if you want to see the comment. So you can still scroll on by and not see it, but I think it's human nature to be curious and so they look at it anyway. More often than the people who have used the ignore feature have confirmed that they don't actually do any ignoring.

Vandelay Industries said it best:
Vandelay Industries wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:16 am
If someone's criticism of Kiss affects you so much that it actually changes your mood, maybe that's a "you" problem...

He’s not wrong. Oops…I’ll get heat for that.
vinniestkulick
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by vinniestkulick »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 am
You’ll notice there has been no Covid shaming or hysteria regarding his tour with Alice. No faux outrage over fan safety.

#Hypocrisy
I said Alice and Ace shouldn't be touring now either.
Alice and Ace cancelled their meet-n-greets... no plexiglass b.s. for them, last I heard, Kiss were doing them. I'd say it's a big difference.
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Ack66 »

Shock Me and Beth are KISS songs. Does a band somehow not have the right to play their own songs?
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 am Ace is performing at used car lots, does it really matter what setlist he's playing? Nothing to complain about or take umbrage with ...
Ace is opening for another 70's great. Saw him a few nights back at a venue that holds 5000. (not sure how many seats were sold but I would say close to sold out.)

So if we are here to snark, I'd love to see the draw Bruce Kulick would bring in anywhere.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

southernkiss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:53 pm
I even remember one of the users trying to justify Ace charging fans $250 for a hot dog and soda at one of his fan birthdays. I do not remember if it involved a picture with Ace or not. There were a lot of fans upset about how that birthday party turned out.
Depends on if salad was provided.
battra

Post by battra »

gooerstcb wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 am I take it that most of us are adults here. We all love a band that has been kicking ass for almost 50 years. How cool it that? This forum will light up hotter than a blazing California wildfire if KISS plays "Shock Me". Ace does basically a whole set of KISS Klassicks with other people singing...crickets. Is it all about lipstick and stacked heels? Enjoy every minute we have enjoying our heroes. Peace.
I'm not sure what you're saying, but we were told to accept the Ace setlist as correct and to shut our mouths and not complain.

Same with the Kiss Destroyer boxed set.
battra

Post by battra »

EasyCatMan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:42 am

#Hypocrisy

He hasn't gotten a pass at all. Many have complained about his setlist and that doesn't include his solo albums.

Why would anyone care about Ace/Covid? Ace has not been on social media the last year and a half doing the opposite of what he does in real life.

Ace's solo shows do better than Gene or Paul can do on their own so?
Covid stuff...Ace/Alice cancelled the meet n greet.

Gene/Paul didn't till they both got covid.
battra

Post by battra »

"Shock Me" was written by Ace and recorded by KISS while he was in the band and became a central soundtrack part of the show. While it may be less than desirable for Tommy to be singing it, it remains a KISS catalog song and a useful device during the show. Tommy does a fine job honoring the song when performed. It also seems to annoy some fans, making it all the more appealing.
A song that was played on less tours than Nothin' To Lose and Hotter Than Hell is a central soundtrack?

(Please note: I'm only discussing the original run.)
StillAlive
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StillAlive »

vinniestkulick wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:01 pm Alice and Ace cancelled their meet-n-greets
Alice cancelled the meet-n-greets.
Ace was upset about it. He bragged about coming up with a work around. If you buy one of his painted guitars (he sells them for $3500) and pay an extra fee, he'll play the guitar on stage.

p.s. we’ve seen the recent pic of Alice and Ace backstage. No masks. No distancing.
Last edited by StillAlive on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Velvis wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:14 pm So if we are here to snark, I'd love to see the draw Bruce Kulick would bring in anywhere.
Oh, I can't ... I can't believe you said that--!!! Anyway, I was only being half-snarky, with my earlier statement. But its true, who's paying enough attention to Ace (media-wise, culturally) for it to make any difference what songs he decides to play live? Absolutely nobody cares, but a nitpicky hardcore. Its irrelevant, even being concerned with that, especially now.

He may be opening for Alice but he's desperate to reunite with KIϟϟ, who don't want him. KIϟϟ gets the press. KIϟϟ make the money. It's their setlist that would matter, in the sense that a casual fan might recognize something. If Ace had half the impact Rachael thought he had, he'd have bands opening for him. So, whatever he plays ... the banjo, the kazoo ... it won't make a blip. Alice is why Ace is even being mentioned, right now.
vinniestkulick
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by vinniestkulick »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 am Ace is performing at used car lots, does it really matter what setlist he's playing? Nothing to complain about or take umbrage with ...
Hrrr, drrr...
Ace has played used car lot(s) about as often as Kiss have played on a U-haul trailer... 'cept he didn't do it on national television, on a national holiday, embarrassing the f#ck out of himself. And probably made more money doing it... but ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

That was all Doc's fault -- and Ace wouldn't be on TV, because he couldn't be on TV! Without the makeup, nobody knows who Ace is! And he couldnt wear it, anyway ...
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:34 am
weboes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 am

I would think that's because Ace has been a Trump person and most of the people attacking Gene and Paul lean right. People tend not to attack their own.
Exactly! An often overlooked simple fact. People look over and protect those they like and support.

#acesimaginaryfreepass
It's funny you say that - Donna Dixon on this forum actually believes that I am paid to be here. Even suggesting that Rolling Stone Magazine may be the one paying me.
I don't think anyone is paying you but I do wonder where you received your medical and statistician degrees.
battra

Post by battra »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:41 pm He may be opening for Alice but
You can just leave off that but and anything else.

Ace opened for Alice in 1987 and is opening for Alice 35 years later.

Ace chose the easy path, play the songs you know and the audience loves instead of getting your music over.

Really, Ace tells us daily, his music is inferior to Kiss's.

I disagree, but that's what his actions tell us.
aceeg

Post by aceeg »

Alice Cooper plays venues not parking lots,
Guess who’s opening for Alice? Duh!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:54 pm You can just (...)
Tod Howarth said once, in some article i read, that it was so cool for him to get to play with Ace Frehley of KIϟϟ, in the beginning. But Ace couldn't get anybody to come to the shows. Ace inspired a lot of kids to pick up the guitar, when he was this painted up KIϟϟ member. But once the paint came off, he just didn't have it. I think that the first Frehley's Comet record is terrific -- the best thing he's ever done. But Ace just doesn't have any charisma on his own.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

peopleselbow wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:47 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:34 am

#acesimaginaryfreepass
It's funny you say that - Donna Dixon on this forum actually believes that I am paid to be here. Even suggesting that Rolling Stone Magazine may be the one paying me.
I don't think anyone is paying you but I do wonder where you received your medical and statistician degrees.
I haven't. I listen to and respect the experts/professionals in those fields.

I don't pretend like some conspiracy theory dipshit on YouTube or armchair "doctors" on the internet who got their degrees on Google know more than the people who actually went to medical school.

Some mouth breathers on here actually believe that those that have no business talking about anything medical or science related are the TRUE experts.

That is sad and pathetic.
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

Ace was in Kiss and played on most of the songs he is playing live. Tommy didn’t write or perform on those albums, so him playing Shock Me isn’t cool imo. That’s Ace’s signature song. To me, that’s the difference. He was an original member of the band and composed the song or solos. I don’t lose any sleep over it however.
battra

Post by battra »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm
Tod Howarth said once, in some article i read, that it was so cool for him to get to play with Ace Frehley of KIϟϟ, in the beginning. But Ace couldn't get anybody to come to the shows. Ace inspired a lot of kids to pick up the guitar, when he was this painted up KIϟϟ member. But once the paint came off, he just didn't have it. I think that the first Frehley's Comet record is terrific -- the best thing he's ever done. But Ace just doesn't have any charisma on his own.
I think Ace devalues his own music over Kiss's music.

Which is scary.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Ace might've always held that view, but I don't know that that's his reputation, either. Where teens first hearing about an Ace show, debate it for a minute until one of them realizes, "... oh ... wait. This guy says his music is shit compared to KIϟϟ." People not funding Ace's success had to do with the fact that Ace's style just wasn't cutting it. I mean, lets be honest, here.

Stanley is no Diamond Dave, but he had charisma. Gene breathes fire!! Ace stumbles around and drops cherry bombs into the innards of his guitar. His lyrics are the kinda thing a 13 year old would imagine sex with a girl must be like. What makes Frehley's Comet so wonderful, really is the autobiographical nature of Ace's songs. But when he tries to just make something up, its not New York Groove coming out, or Do Ya.

Its those childish lyrics, again. Then he overcompensates with these Origins albums, with no real standouts on offer. Its like they equal out. Ace doesn't have a complex about KIϟϟ music being better than his. He knows his limitations, thats all. Its also where the laziness comes in. Doing covers doesn't make him a better lyricist, when other songwriters have already done the heavy lifting.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am What’s the point of the ignore function anyway? You can always see the blocked persons comments when someone quotes them, which happens more times than not.

And not to insult anyone, but if you’re a grown ass man, what can be said on a forum about Kiss that would make you want to block someone anyway. If I were that sensitive I would just leave I suppose. But then again I’m not really on here that often so maybe I miss a lot of annoyances.

Not to get off topic so, as many have already stated,Kiss performing Shock Me has more to do with Tommy cloning Ace. If Bruce sang it in the non makeup era, it probably would have been accepted more, maybe, still would have seemed awkward. If Tommy performed Out of this World instead of Shock Me I don’t think anyone would bat an eye. Most want to hear Ace perform it. Also, I really don’t like hearing Aces band perform Love Gun, DRC, Strutter,etc…I think they both get it wrong.

I put someone on ignore because he was annoying me and so I would not be tempted to engage in banned political discussions since that was what some of the problems were. I put up with it for months. I have a very thick hide, but at some point it becomes counterproductive to engage certain people, especially when they are pretty much just trolling. I can understand strong opinions, but I have no use for trolling.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:54 pm
Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:41 pm He may be opening for Alice but
You can just leave off that but and anything else.

Ace opened for Alice in 1987 and is opening for Alice 35 years later.

Ace chose the easy path, play the songs you know and the audience loves instead of getting your music over.

Really, Ace tells us daily, his music is inferior to Kiss's.

I disagree, but that's what his actions tell us.

Is there any chance he was told to do so by Alice's management? Or someone else in charge? I have often wondered that.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:25 pm Ace might've always held that view, but I don't know that that's his reputation, either. Where teens first hearing about an Ace show, debate it for a minute until one of them realizes, "... oh ... wait. This guy says his music is shit compared to KIϟϟ." People not funding Ace's success had to do with the fact that Ace's style just wasn't cutting it. I mean, lets be honest, here.

Stanley is no Diamond Dave, but he had charisma. Gene breathes fire!! Ace stumbles around and drops cherry bombs into the innards of his guitar. His lyrics are the kinda thing a 13 year old would imagine sex with a girl must be like. What makes Frehley's Comet so wonderful, really is the autobiographical nature of Ace's songs. But when he tries to just make something up, its not New York Groove coming out, or Do Ya.

Its those childish lyrics, again. Then he overcompensates with these Origins albums, with no real standouts on offer. Its like they equal out. Ace doesn't have a complex about KIϟϟ music being better than his. He knows his limitations, thats all. Its also where the laziness comes in. Doing covers doesn't make him a better lyricist, when other songwriters have already done the heavy lifting.
I get the point you are trying to make, but....Uh All Night, Bang Bang You, X In Sex, Take It Off, etc. Not exactly mature sophisticated lyrics. They are incredibly childish as well. And those are just the Paul songs. No one looks to KISS or Frehley for meaningful lyrics.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Forevertj wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:04 pm

I put someone on ignore because he was annoying me and so I would not be tempted to engage in banned political discussions since that was what some of the problems were. I put up with it for months. I have a very thick hide, but at some point it becomes counterproductive to engage certain people, especially when they are pretty much just trolling. I can understand strong opinions, but I have no use for trolling.
Good thing no one was trolling.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 pm I get the point you are trying to make, but....Uh All Night, Bang Bang You, X In Sex, Take It Off, etc. Not exactly mature sophisticated lyrics. They are incredibly childish as well. And those are just the Paul songs. No one looks to KISS or Frehley for meaningful lyrics.
I read, somewhere, that Gene said that filler songs "had to be there" on a record. Trying to remember the reasoning he used. Something to the effect of making the hits stand out. When one considers those very rare records (other artists) when multiple hits came off it, several even, what Gene said sounds untrue. On the other hand, if what he was trying to say was that KIϟϟ would be much happier releasing EP's, then I guess I kind of get it.

Ace recognized what was cool with songs like Do Ya, and he used it. He often seemed not to be able to do the same for his own music. Maybe part of that is lazyness. Or time pressures. Or not using writers that could've really brought out the best in Ace. Perhaps, like Gene, he too was indoctrinated into this "filler is needed" mentality. Its not a good strategy, in my opinion. And seemed to affect his better material.
DemonFilth2001
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

He’s not playing used car lots he’s opening for Alice Cooper every night in front of 5-10 thousand people.

Your boy Bruce couldn’t even play car lots, let alone get himself booked on an actual tour, even as an opening act.

Ace might be a has been, but Bruce is a NEVER WAS. He’s a total nothing.
Starbandit74
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Starbandit74 »

My problem with Ace’s set list is that I would rather hear his solo material.

I go to see KISS to hear KISS songs.

I go to see Ace to hear Ace songs.

KISS does KISS songs better than Ace’s band can.

With Ace not performing his solo material there isn't anywhere else to go to hear it.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm Your boy Bruce couldn’t even play car lots, let alone get himself booked on an actual tour, even as an opening act.

Oh, really? You know, that's interesting, as Ace Frehley says Bruce Kulick was the best replacement for him in KIϟϟ ...

... recognized!
steve

Post by steve »

I would rather KISS didn't play Shock Me without Ace in the band. The same is true of Cold Gin, but that remained a setlist staple all through the eighties.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

By the way: Have you seen Rachael's latest Facebook update?
I hope it's not true.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm
That's nonsense. Sounds like sour grapes on Howarth's part. What was he expecting, for Ace and his band to play arenas? Hardly any guitarists who used to be in bands get up to a big level. And Todd Howarth really shouldn't be talking about anyone lacking charisma. I will say I like his "Something Moved" very much, but that's it.
DemonFilth2001
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Bruce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:06 pm
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm Your boy Bruce couldn’t even play car lots, let alone get himself booked on an actual tour, even as an opening act.

Oh, really? You know, that's interesting, as Ace Frehley says Bruce Kulick was the best replacement for him in KIϟϟ ...

... recognized!
If you honestly think that was a rebuttal to put me in my place, then I’m sorry for you man.
Tito

Post by Tito »

nightwingken wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:58 pm

Ace was the lead guitarist for KISS, 1972-82 and 1996-2001, and will always be the originator of many of the band's signature guitar solos, so pretty much any song is fair game for his band to perform, particularly if it gives him a break from lead vocal duties during the set, or he simply wants one of his guys singing something. Would I prefer more Ace solo material in his sets? Sure. But I'm usually there to see Ace with his band and have yet to walk out of a show due to dissatisfaction with the set.

b i n g o
Since you seem to agree with it, maybe you can help me understand this attitude? Strikes me as a strange thing to be proud of.
brettjarrad
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by brettjarrad »

Ace has enough cool kiss and solo songs to do a real ace show
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:19 am
aceeg wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:16 am
If it weren't for the reunion Kiss would be playing car lots!
But... the reunion happened. KISS aren't playing car lots. Ace has. :D
KISS plays backyard parties... :D
nightwingken
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Tito wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 pm
nightwingken wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:58 pm

b i n g o
Since you seem to agree with it, maybe you can help me understand this attitude? Strikes me as a strange thing to be proud of.
Engagement.
Even if you are upset, you are talking about them. The main point I agree with is, life is short.
If we added up the accumulated time spent arguing about a song that was on a KISS album that was played by KiSS at a live concert, I am sure we would like a refund on our time, because nothing is changing the reality.
Last edited by nightwingken on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Thanks, fair enough.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

redinthesky wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:49 pm That's nonsense.
The 'charisma' line was mine! Sorry about that. In trying to locate the article (which I could not) I ended up finding this one, from 1999. Its less an article, really, and more a transcript of an interview with him. Its a decent read, if it is kinda long ...

http://www.kissasylum.com/views/todhowarth99.shtml
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Yes a pass, as in I'd pass seeing the Ace Kiss cover band.
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

The set list is pretty bad. I wanted to watch some videos from Aces recent shows to see how he sounds on this tour, searched on Youtube and couldn’t chose which video I wanted to see because all songs were boring.