ANYONE ADDING ANYTHING TO THE DESTROYER BOX SET?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

ANYONE ADDING ANYTHING TO THE DESTROYER BOX SET?

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Though these photos came out with the RARO army kit I am going to include them with the Destroyer army kit featured in the box set. 3 of the 4 (I believe) were taken on the Destroyer tour (Beth wasn’t added until the following tour) but for me I think of Destroyer 1st vs RARO when looking at them and it would help complete the repro army kit.

Is anyone else going to add to their box set??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Under The Rose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: ANYONE ADDING ANYTHING TO THE DESTROYER BOX SET?

Post by Under The Rose »

If it fits, I’ll add the Destroyer red and black marble LP. But I doubt it will.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:43 pm Though these photos came out with the RARO army kit I am going to include them with the Destroyer army kit featured in the box set. 3 of the 4 (I believe) were taken on the Destroyer tour (Beth wasn’t added until the following tour) but for me I think of Destroyer 1st vs RARO when looking at them and it would help complete the repro army kit.

Great idea those are in excellent shape too!!!
metalfuel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by metalfuel »

There should be a vinyl version of the box set.

More live recordings.

It"s a box with a shitload of stuff but just 3 new cd's(who needs Destroyer on cd again).

The music content is way to low for me to buy it, and the price to high.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

metalfuel wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:27 am There should be a vinyl version of the box set.

More live recordings.

It"s a box with a shitload of stuff but just 3 new cd's(who needs Destroyer on cd again).

Same. If it was released on vinyl I’d be screaming “take my money!” It’s simply not worth the price tag for four or five CDs, no matter how many cheap gimmicks they toss in.
Ted Maul's Paradise
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Ted Maul's Paradise »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:43 pm Though these photos came out with the RARO army kit I am going to include them with the Destroyer army kit featured in the box set. 3 of the 4 (I believe) were taken on the Destroyer tour (Beth wasn’t added until the following tour) but for me I think of Destroyer 1st vs RARO when looking at them and it would help complete the repro army kit.

8) Are those the "wallet photo" size, or the almost 8" x 10"'s?

I've a feeling the KISS Army stuff that's being replicated will be scaled down from the original items, including the tourbook of course.
LiveToWin
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LiveToWin »

For $200 I would have more material on CD and vinyl included. I am surprised we didn't get any uncirculated demos and outtakes. It would be awesome to hear all demos that was suggested for the session. I think the box contain too much junk
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

LiveToWin wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:26 am For $200 I would have more material on CD and vinyl included. I am surprised we didn't get any uncirculated demos and outtakes. It would be awesome to hear all demos that was suggested for the session. I think the box contain too much junk
I agree with all of the above. Especially the highlighted comment. There are a suspicious shortage of Ace and Peter demos. Of course, I’m sure Gene and Paul contributed way more, but I don’t think the almost total lack of songs from Ace and Peter is a coincidence.

If/when the Creatures box set arrives, it’ll be the same regarding Vinnie’s credits. I’d love to be proven wrong.
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

LiveToWin wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:26 am For $200 I would have more material on CD and vinyl included. I am surprised we didn't get any uncirculated demos and outtakes. It would be awesome to hear all demos that was suggested for the session. I think the box contain too much junk
Truthfully, neither Paul, Gene nor Universal care whether or not we have already heard these demos. It's not their fault we have listened to (or own) bootlegs. These demos have never seen an official release before and, to many people, these will be brand new to them.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

John Shaft wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:41 am
Truthfully, neither Paul, Gene nor Universal care whether or not we have already heard these demos. It's not their fault we have listened to (or own) bootlegs. These demos have never seen an official release before and, to many people, these will be brand new to them.
CORRECT
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

All of the demos and uncirculated audio from the sessions ARE included
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Ted Maul's Paradise wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 am

8) Are those the "wallet photo" size, or the almost 8" x 10"'s?

I've a feeling the KISS Army stuff that's being replicated will be scaled down from the original items, including the tourbook of course.
They are the original 8x10’s with white border removed
Last edited by johnkissfan1974 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
67Kiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by 67Kiss »

I doubt these demos will be "brand new" to anyone forking over $200 for this
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

67Kiss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am I doubt these demos will be "brand new" to anyone forking over $200 for this
Simple fix. Don’t buy it! Moving back onto topic
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

I'm wondering if there will be space to add the Shout It Out Loud colored vinyl in there.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

moshpitwookie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:26 am I'm wondering if there will be space to add the Shout It Out Loud colored vinyl in there.
Thats a great idea actually.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

One thought is to replicate the box to house your vinyl or other items in an alternate DIY box. Buy a box with same size & dimensions via Amazon or a box distributor. Have a few decals made at a local print shop. Change the box color to differentiate between the two if desired.
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

67Kiss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am I doubt these demos will be "brand new" to anyone forking over $200 for this
Still doesn't matter as these have never been officially released by Universal/Kiss in any capacity before. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Plain and simple as that.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

moshpitwookie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:26 am I'm wondering if there will be space to add the Shout It Out Loud colored vinyl in there.
I like that idea.
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

John Shaft wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 am
Still doesn't matter as these have never been officially released by Universal/Kiss in any capacity before. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Plain and simple as that.
Add to that these will be the very best sounding quality available. That's enough reason for me to buy the box.
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSFACE »

kiss-1976 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:09 pm
John Shaft wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:27 am
Add to that these will be the very best sounding quality available. That's enough reason for me to buy the box.
They SHOULD be the best. If they’re not, that would be a disappointment — akin to when they put out some ruff-grade VHS clips received in the mail from fans. I had to assume there was no vault, then.
mamado

Post by mamado »

This!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :flower:

LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 am One thought is to replicate the box to house your vinyl or other items in an alternate DIY box. Buy a box with same size & dimensions via Amazon or a box distributor. Have a few decals made at a local print shop. Change the box color to differentiate between the two if desired.
That sounds like too much hassle for me haha
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

metalfuel wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:27 am There should be a vinyl version of the box set.

More live recordings.

To each their own tho. Id buy it without any cds in it, with the hardcover book, Kiss Army kit and tourbook replica being the no brainer for me. Tourbook alone goes for way over $200