Chicago at Huntington Bank Pavilion: "a real treat from the original KISS Spaceman"

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Chicago at Huntington Bank Pavilion: "a real treat from the original KISS Spaceman"

Post by StillAlive »

The outdoor venue is laid out much like a festival fairgrounds. The pathway to the seating is lined with tents offering all manner of food and drink. The stage blocks an otherwise gorgeous view of the city’s beautiful iconic skyline. One can enjoy the view though on the long and winding walk to and from Huntington Bank Pavilion’s entrance.

Opening for Cooper was original KISS lead guitarist Ace Frehley. He rocked the crowd with a 50 minute set consisting mostly of KISS songs including “Detroit Rock City” and “Deuce.” It was well received by the crowd that decided to show up early enough. Those that didn’t missed out on a real treat from the original KISS Spaceman.

https://themusicuniverse.com/alice-coop ... e-chicago/
DevastatinDave
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Chicago at Huntington Bank Pavilion: "a real treat from the original KISS Spaceman"

Post by DevastatinDave »

Cooper and company opened with “Be My Frankenstein”
Deuce1231
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Chicago at Huntington Bank Pavilion: "a real treat from the original KISS Spaceman"

Post by Deuce1231 »

Did the rain hold off?

I've never been to that venue. Is there a pavilion?

Will be in Milwaukee next week.
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

The Good Land!!!!!!
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

Deuce1231 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:42 pm I've never been to that venue. Is there a pavilion?
The floor, which had seats for this show instead of GA, has no covering. The grandstands in the back are covered.
The venue can accommodate 30k, but those grandstands were pushed way in for the show. So "capacity" was probably reduced by 2/3.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Spaceace »

DevastatinDave wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm Cooper and company opened with “Be My Frankenstein”

You would think the reviewer would do a little research…
kissssman
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kissssman »

Deuce1231 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:42 pm Did the rain hold off?
I was there. The rain held off until the show had ended. It was starting to drizzle a little bit while walking back to the car. During the drive home it rained for a while. Nice night. A little windy, but otherwise good.
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by sugardaddy »

50 min?!?!?