BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🀣🀣🀣
That makes literally ZERO sense - Battra isn't buying the set, but I am.
Thank you for your contribution
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by BarkBlue »

battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up.

...

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
How many times have you pointed out the reason why you won't buy it? Hence we get it, respectfully disagree and when the OP actually states that yes they understand that there is two sides to this, but can we just have a thread celebrating the box without caveats, some people come along and shit all over that with points already made countless times.

I'm not 'telling you to shut up'. I've read a ton of your posts in other threads (often five or six in a row), disagreed and moved on without saying anything. However, when the OP is basiacally told that the fact they are excited about the box set is flawed because "same old argument" after already acknowledging those points and asking for them not to brought up again and again - specifically in this thread, then what response did you expect - or maybe hope for?

Ergo - agree with you that the box set is bad value, filled with the wrong stuff and over priced, or be wrong.

Just stating the same things over and over isn't discussing anything, it's just shouting an opinion at people who already clearly don't agree.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:06 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up.

...

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
How many times have you pointed out the reason why you won't buy it? Hence we get it, respectfully disagree and when the OP actually states that yes they understand that there is two sides to this, but can we just have a thread celebrating the box without caveats, some people come along and shit all over that with points already made countless times.

I'm not 'telling you to shut up'. I've read a ton of your posts in other threads (often five or six in a row), disagreed and moved on without saying anything. However, when the OP is basiacally told that the fact they are excited about the box set is flawed because "same old argument" after already acknowledging those points and asking for them not to brought up again and again - specifically in this thread, then what response did you expect - or maybe hope for?

Ergo - agree with you that the box set is bad value, filled with the wrong stuff and over priced, or be wrong.

Just stating the same things over and over isn't discussing anything, it's just shouting an opinion at people who already clearly don't agree.
Correct! I’m glad someone else saw what the individuals are doing. Thank you for this I’m glad I am not alone in recognizing
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🀣🀣🀣
That makes literally ZERO sense - Battra isn't buying the set, but I am.
Thank you for your contribution
You are most welcome. I am glad I could clear this up for you that I am a KISS fan and that I am buying Destroyer.

Have a super day!
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by BarkBlue »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:48 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:30 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm I'm not sure about the vinyl release of Destroyer, but some people here sure have a broken record feel about their posts.

Jumping all over a thread trying to be positive about something and expecting it to change the world (or even the business model of KISS) verges on laughable.
Telling other people to shut up and appreciate being ripped off is positive in your mind?

You and I see the world very differently.
Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up. The discussion only degenerated once the same 'argument' was trotted out post after post just as it was in the main thread about this box set (12 pages and at least half of it spent discussing Metallica, Pearl Jam and Whitesnake). We all get where some people are on this set and that's their right and I certainly respect that.

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
You are essentially telling him to shut up as opposed to giving his reasons or talk about why he isn't buying something that he actually wants to buy ultimately.

Also the creator of this thread deemed my thread to be negative somehow, even though I clearly say that I want this box set and hope for more.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144018

So he started this thread I guess hoping for a circle jerk that he approves of.
I suppose that depends on your take on things. I'm excited about the box and would enjoy reading one thread that isn't filled with the same member just stating the same things countless times. Is that a circle jerk? To you maybe, to me it would be an alternate view from the one shown in the main boxset thread.

I found the main thread hugely frustrating because people did made some great points about value and contents but wading through post after post on the merits of Whitesnake and their separate eras (I'm from the UK, so understand that very well and like them a lot - especially pre-1987) or Pearl Jam when I wanted to be reading about, well, what the thread was about (lol!) just seemed to miss the point somewhere and the interesting discussion never really took place - at least not to me.

I don't post often here and there are many reasons for that, so I'm not about picking fights or telling people to shut up. I'd rather celebrate KISS and their music and while I understand fully that there's a lot about them open to criticism and ridicule, it can be hard to actually do that on here sometimes (not always).
BEARSFAN
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by BEARSFAN »

The negativity and bitching that occurs on every thread never ceases to amaze me. Someone would still complain if this box-set included everything and they were giving it away. I am glad this is coming out. I purchasedi it. Am hopeful there are more deluxe box sets to follow.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by StillAlive »

battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:55 pm I'm sorry that it bothers you that I'll be speaking out against this ripoff...I want a Metallica quality Boxed Set.
We GET it.
You've made the point ELEVEN times in this topic (and MORE than twenty times in the previous box set topic).
Over and over and over again.
Do you and Grand Classic have to destroy every topic with obsessive hate and negativity?

Julien said it best:

"The fact that this product exists is a massive victory for the fans...for a moment, at least be thankful...perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are"
User avatar
Red_Walrus
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:50 am
Location: "I live five days to your one"

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Red_Walrus »

Really excited for it, I would think the next one would be Rock and Roll Over then Love Gun if the first one meets expectations.
Demian1977
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:26 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Demian1977 »

KalB wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:54 pm Look... when compared to Metallica's box sets, yes this KISS box is overpriced. You're getting significantly less musical content and significantly more paper content with KISS... everyone understands this.

But Metallica is not the gold standard for everyone! The price of the Black Album box set doesn't necessarily dictate the value of this Destroyer box set.

I for one have pre-ordered the CD box set and the vinyl, and will do the same for each and every KISS box set they decide to release. Why? Because by KISS standards this is an awesome project that I think is worth the price.

Right or wrong, I'm going by the standard KISS has set for themselves... not Metallica.
This ^

I couldn’t agree more with your comments.
User avatar
Polsey
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Polsey »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:18 am The Destroyer Box set is still MONTHS away from release and fans have either shot it dead or become ecstatic over the project. With respect to both sides one thing is clear NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING so can we just enjoy the present moment. For those of us excited about the D-45 box set, I know I can’t wait to hold the box and examine the cover graphics - opening it to see all the items tucked away will surely make my heart race!

I was only 2 when the album was released - so to have that mark in time (a time capsule) in one shot will truly be an awesome experience and I can’t wait to go through it. As a whole - it will not only touch upon but overpower everything I could have ever thought the band was during that time. Should I need anything else, there are other outlets and resources that are readily available i.e. youtube or the Kissology volumes.

Sure, there are other bands with packaging/content variations - but one thing is certain, none have the powers to match Space Ace, catman, demon or the starchild. For those that do not share the joy and pride in this project - simply don’t buy the product and empty your pockets on a lesser band - YES I use that terminology because the last time I checked this site is called KISSfaq - let’s give our band and this board the respect it deserves!
Here, here! :salut:
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by misterhand80 »

StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:23 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:55 pm I'm sorry that it bothers you that I'll be speaking out against this ripoff...I want a Metallica quality Boxed Set.
We GET it.
You've made the point ELEVEN times in this topic (and MORE than twenty times in the previous box set topic).
Over and over and over again.
Do you and Grand Classic have to destroy every topic with obsessive hate and negativity?

Julien said it best:

"The fact that this product exists is a massive victory for the fans...for a moment, at least be thankful...perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are"
It's the same broken battra record. This set has gotten him angry, by his own admission, that he can't seem to stop talking against it. Been going on for days:

viewtopic.php?p=3345854#p3345854
User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15733
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by metaldad »

battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:02 pm
EasyCatMan wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:55 am
TheSpoiler wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 am I'd have thought this would be one release that would unify the remaining members of the Kiss Army. It really is one hell of a package, and they really have pulled it off properly this time.

No, not really. Give us all the music and the book for $75 or so. Make some other option for those who desire all the "junk"



No Need or desire for any of this:
Additionally, the Super Deluxe box features an extravagant array of collectable KISS memorabilia and ephemera, including a complete recreation of the original KISS Army Kit with the original folder and KISS Army newsletter Volume 1 – No 2 announcing the original album; two 8Γ—10 Destroyer press photos; discography sheet; band bio sheet; KISS Army member certificate and membership card; KISS logo iron-on; sticker; β€œDetroit Rock City” bumper sticker; Destroyer cover sticker; 11Γ—17 KISS on Westminster Bridge UK poster; and much more.
A super deluxe version requires more than 2 discs of unreleased material.

Black Sabbath gave triple for half the price including vinyl.
Exactly
We won’t get into the Rush or Metallica box sets
User avatar
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Kissoff »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am
OHKISSFAN wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am
Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Understood and well said.
User avatar
Jamcarl321
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Jamcarl321 »

I wish the two CD set had the full Paris show. I can pass on DVD Blu-ray audio..πŸ™„
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am
OHKISSFAN wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am
Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Understood and well said.
Thank you.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am
OHKISSFAN wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am
Thank you. I'm excited for what D45SD will deliver and can't wait to hear all of it while flipping through the book and looking at the tchotchkes. This is the band I love, and whether or not you "like" D45SD (without hearing or holding) perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are or simply celebrate the fact that it's been announced. Heck, that should be at least worthy of a slow clap!!
^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Understood and well said.
Grand Classic - exactly how many profiles do you have on this board??
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm
Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am
OHKISSFAN wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 am

^^^
EXACTLY!

What KISS Fan in their right mind would be unhappy with this announced release??
No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Understood and well said.
Grand Classic - exactly how many profiles do you have on this board??
Just the one. Obviously Julien would know as well.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that there are many people here that do like me and what I have to say.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm
Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am

No one here is unhappy with this announced release.

Sure some people may question what is on it or the price tag, but ultimately this has been the first KISS thing that pretty much has across the board support with people hoping for more albums to be done. I want it and a select few here think I totally hate KISS, but come here anyway.

I think this thread is an overreaction to a supposed problem that doesn't even really exist.
Understood and well said.
Grand Classic - exactly how many profiles do you have on this board??
Just the one. Obviously Julien would know as well.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that there are many people here that do like me and what I have to say.
All negative nellies. Thank you for your contribution
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm
Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Understood and well said.
Grand Classic - exactly how many profiles do you have on this board??
Just the one. Obviously Julien would know as well.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that there are many people here that do like me and what I have to say.
All negative nellies. Thank you for your contribution
That would be incorrect, but we have already established that you don't know what you are talking about.

You think I am a KISS hater, but I am buying Destroyer. You think I am also posting as Battra and that is ridiculous.

Perhaps you should just admit that you were wrong.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:59 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Grand Classic - exactly how many profiles do you have on this board??
Just the one. Obviously Julien would know as well.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that there are many people here that do like me and what I have to say.
All negative nellies. Thank you for your contribution
That would be incorrect, but we have already established that you don't know what you are talking about.

You think I am a KISS hater, but I am buying Destroyer. You think I am also posting as Battra and that is ridiculous.

Perhaps you should just admit that you were wrong.
I can say thank you for your contribution
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:12 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:59 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Just the one. Obviously Julien would know as well.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that there are many people here that do like me and what I have to say.
All negative nellies. Thank you for your contribution
That would be incorrect, but we have already established that you don't know what you are talking about.

You think I am a KISS hater, but I am buying Destroyer. You think I am also posting as Battra and that is ridiculous.

Perhaps you should just admit that you were wrong.
I can say thank you for your contribution
You are welcome. I hope you have learned from this and won't jump to ridiculous conclusions in the future.

Have a good night.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 21736
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by battra »

StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:23 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:55 pm I'm sorry that it bothers you that I'll be speaking out against this ripoff...I want a Metallica quality Boxed Set.
We GET it.
You've made the point ELEVEN times in this topic (and MORE than twenty times in the previous box set topic).
Over and over and over again.
Do you and Grand Classic have to destroy every topic with obsessive hate and negativity?

Julien said it best:

"The fact that this product exists is a massive victory for the fans...for a moment, at least be thankful...perhaps folks can be happy for those of us who are"
Being ripped off won't ever be a massive victory for me.

I'm sorry that bothers you.
User avatar
Goodwilltowardsall
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

I look forward to streaming it on Spotify. Please post lots of pictures and that will suffice.
User avatar
mamado
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8291
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:07 pm
Location: URANUS

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by mamado »

I'm waitin' for "Peter Criss' '78 Solo Album - Massive Deluxe 7 CDs Box Set"!!! :sunny: :cheers: :flower: :thumleft:
User avatar
Planet Caravan
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Planet Caravan »

rico wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:47 pm Please don't slam me for this. Kiss have just lost me in the last 15 years. I am glad for those who are stoked about this but, for me, it's just too late. This is the sort of material that should have been out years ago but, and i suspect i am not the only one, it's now a case of my life has moved on and I am happy with what i have got. I recently sold my remaining vinyl collection for a small fortune and have chosen another direction. I really hope everyone who does get it has a ball whilst reading/listening/digesting the whole thing and i hope there are many more box sets to come.
Great post. And a shame it's basically been ignored amongst all the childish bickering.

The above is an example of what Kiss (and the hoarders!) don't seem to understand. They are leaving everything far too late. The Destroyer box should've been released 10 years ago instead of Resurrected. Kiss fans are getting older and moving on with their lives. The value of Kiss product is decreasing year by year. It's not worth holding onto. It needs to be released NOW whilst it retains any value and while Kiss fans are able (or even alive) to enjoy it.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Planet Caravan wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:50 pm
rico wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:47 pm Please don't slam me for this. Kiss have just lost me in the last 15 years. I am glad for those who are stoked about this but, for me, it's just too late. This is the sort of material that should have been out years ago but, and i suspect i am not the only one, it's now a case of my life has moved on and I am happy with what i have got. I recently sold my remaining vinyl collection for a small fortune and have chosen another direction. I really hope everyone who does get it has a ball whilst reading/listening/digesting the whole thing and i hope there are many more box sets to come.
Great post. And a shame it's basically been ignored amongst all the childish bickering.

The above is an example of what Kiss (and the hoarders!) don't seem to understand. They are leaving everything far too late. The Destroyer box should've been released 10 years ago instead of Resurrected. Kiss fans are getting older and moving on with their lives. The value of Kiss product is decreasing year by year. It's not worth holding onto. It needs to be released NOW whilst it retains any value and while Kiss fans are able (or even alive) to enjoy it.
I agree with this and have also sold off alot of my collection. Believe it or not, it’s not Paul or Gene that is keeping stuff from being released, they are all for it. Its the label thats the problem!!!
User avatar
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by wjs296 »

I was 13 when Destroyer was released and Kiss was a huge part of the excitement that was at the beginning of my musical journey. I am really excited to see Kiss put out this set as its reminds me of those days listening to the early albums and the whole phenomenon that started with Alive. Could this set have more? Sure, but I'm happy with getting more than just a remaster. My hope is that this is just the start of these releases, like the Stones who have offered Deluxe releases of many of their classics. For me, this is about celebrating that time in my life when I starting being a huge music fan and Kiss was exploding in popularity across the US. It still puts a smile on my face today when I reflect back on it. What a journey it has been....
User avatar
steve
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8396
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Australia

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by steve »

I haven't bought music in a physical format for seven years and the 2014 remaster of Destroyer is so good that I have no use for another one. That said, I'm quietly keen to hear the bonus tracks and the live stuff in whatever form I can. A deluxe edition of this kind should have been done fifteen years ago, but better late than never.
User avatar
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by joma5477 »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.

For the record, I am happy with this boxset, think it's reasonably priced, and have already ordered it. My only complaint is they're not offering the box set in vinyl. That said, the above isn't a very logical argument. Those bootleg boxsets are done in like runs of 250 or 300. If KISS only did a run of 300 of these they could charge whatever ridiculous price they wanted and it would sell out immediately. It's apples and oranges.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

joma5477 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.

For the record, I am happy with this boxset, think it's reasonably priced, and have already ordered it. My only complaint is they're not offering the box set in vinyl. That said, the above isn't a very logical argument. Those bootleg boxsets are done in like runs of 250 or 300. If KISS only did a run of 300 of these they could charge whatever ridiculous price they wanted and it would sell out immediately. It's apples and oranges.
I disagree bc fans still pay that price for a bootleg boxset. It doesnt matter the number of units produced, it matters that people spend the same money for shit sounding vinyl when the band is releasing the highest quality audio possible. Thats the bottom line as I look at it
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

steve wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:16 am I haven't bought music in a physical format for seven years and the 2014 remaster of Destroyer is so good that I have no use for another one. That said, I'm quietly keen to hear the bonus tracks and the live stuff in whatever form I can. A deluxe edition of this kind should have been done fifteen years ago, but better late than never.
I agree had Paul and Gene owned their music we would’ve seen everything or very close to everything released. The label is what kills this bands archive and its a shame
User avatar
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by joma5477 »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:55 am
joma5477 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.

For the record, I am happy with this boxset, think it's reasonably priced, and have already ordered it. My only complaint is they're not offering the box set in vinyl. That said, the above isn't a very logical argument. Those bootleg boxsets are done in like runs of 250 or 300. If KISS only did a run of 300 of these they could charge whatever ridiculous price they wanted and it would sell out immediately. It's apples and oranges.
I disagree bc fans still pay that price for a bootleg boxset. It doesnt matter the number of units produced, it matters that people spend the same money for shit sounding vinyl when the band is releasing the highest quality audio possible. Thats the bottom line as I look at it
Units produced totally matter. If they made 5000 of those bootlegs they wouldn't sell well. You can find 300 diehards willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for just about anything KISS related that looks decent. If they made 300 of these and sold them for 500 bucks, they'd sell out instantly. That wouldn't mean it was a reasonable price...it would mean that KISS has enough diehard fans with disposable income to burn.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

joma5477 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:55 am
joma5477 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm I’m not bothered about what you feel. What bothers me is NO ONE ELSE has brought up the fact that fans bought the bootleg boxsets! Its unbelieveable that people bought that knowing the audio is the same rehashed (VHS/Cassette tape) trasnfer that has been in circulation for years and thats Ok bc its on a picture disc and comes with large posters and a booklet but when the band actually releases something with audio from their vault now people have an issue with the price. I just cant understand the logic with that.

For the record, I am happy with this boxset, think it's reasonably priced, and have already ordered it. My only complaint is they're not offering the box set in vinyl. That said, the above isn't a very logical argument. Those bootleg boxsets are done in like runs of 250 or 300. If KISS only did a run of 300 of these they could charge whatever ridiculous price they wanted and it would sell out immediately. It's apples and oranges.
I disagree bc fans still pay that price for a bootleg boxset. It doesnt matter the number of units produced, it matters that people spend the same money for shit sounding vinyl when the band is releasing the highest quality audio possible. Thats the bottom line as I look at it
Units produced totally matter. If they made 5000 of those bootlegs they wouldn't sell well. You can find 300 diehards willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for just about anything KISS related that looks decent. If they made 300 of these and sold them for 500 bucks, they'd sell out instantly. That wouldn't mean it was a reasonable price...it would mean that KISS has enough diehard fans with disposable income to burn.
Well perhaps if the band does another deluxe edition they will only produce a limited edition run and list for top $ to please those that have complained about the price and content.
User avatar
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4951
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Sssnakester »

At the risk of starting even more arguments I just gotta say i cannot WAIT to get my deluxe Destroyer box!
User avatar
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4951
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Sssnakester »

Going Blind wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:56 am While I'm passing on this particular set, I have no room for every box set I want, I am glad they announced this. I thought this was the kind of thing they wouldn't release till they were off the road, but I guess covid changed those plans. If I have to pick one I will pick the Hotter Than Hell set if such a thing is in the works, drooling at the prospect of what it could possibly contain.
I have a feeling as far as the first 3 albums we'll probably get a deluxe 'The Originals' box set.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 21736
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by battra »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🀣🀣🀣
That makes literally ZERO sense - Battra isn't buying the set, but I am.
Thank you for your contribution
You know.

Others have made that claim before.

I’m sorry that I won’t accept being ripped off as a good thing.

As I said on my podcast, I want to want these.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 21736
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by battra »

BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:06 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up.

...

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
How many times have you pointed out the reason why you won't buy it? Hence we get it, respectfully disagree and when the OP actually states that yes they understand that there is two sides to this, but can we just have a thread celebrating the box without caveats, some people come along and shit all over that with points already made countless times.

I'm not 'telling you to shut up'. I've read a ton of your posts in other threads (often five or six in a row), disagreed and moved on without saying anything. However, when the OP is basiacally told that the fact they are excited about the box set is flawed because "same old argument" after already acknowledging those points and asking for them not to brought up again and again - specifically in this thread, then what response did you expect - or maybe hope for?

Ergo - agree with you that the box set is bad value, filled with the wrong stuff and over priced, or be wrong.

Just stating the same things over and over isn't discussing anything, it's just shouting an opinion at people who already clearly don't agree.
No matter how many times you rearrange it.

Your statement is all I’m allowed to do is buy it or not.

However, I choose to speak.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

battra wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:46 am
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:58 pm
johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm Grand Classic and Battra have to be the same indivdual lol. Sorry guys youre on the wrong fan board you should be on the other one where everything is negative and everyone complains. That board is called kissfuqed 🀣🀣🀣
That makes literally ZERO sense - Battra isn't buying the set, but I am.
Thank you for your contribution
You know.

Others have made that claim before.

I’m sorry that I won’t accept being ripped off as a good thing.

As I said on my podcast, I want to want these.
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Nobody cares. buy it or don’t the band doesn’t care either way
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Sssnakester wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am
Going Blind wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:56 am While I'm passing on this particular set, I have no room for every box set I want, I am glad they announced this. I thought this was the kind of thing they wouldn't release till they were off the road, but I guess covid changed those plans. If I have to pick one I will pick the Hotter Than Hell set if such a thing is in the works, drooling at the prospect of what it could possibly contain.
I have a feeling as far as the first 3 albums we'll probably get a deluxe 'The Originals' box set.
Since 1996 I’ve said the band should have started the Reunion tour as well as the Remasters CD by reissuing the Originals as the first remastered CD. It is an absolute no brainer the fans would’ve eaten it up and I still think a re-issue should be done on 180 gram with the original artwork and all packaging. I think it would sell very well
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by BarkBlue »

battra wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:47 am
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:06 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm Re-read the opening post. No one is being told to shut up.

...

As said in the OP, if you don't like the contents, or anything else about the box, just don't buy it. It's that simple.
Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
How many times have you pointed out the reason why you won't buy it? Hence we get it, respectfully disagree and when the OP actually states that yes they understand that there is two sides to this, but can we just have a thread celebrating the box without caveats, some people come along and shit all over that with points already made countless times.

I'm not 'telling you to shut up'. I've read a ton of your posts in other threads (often five or six in a row), disagreed and moved on without saying anything. However, when the OP is basiacally told that the fact they are excited about the box set is flawed because "same old argument" after already acknowledging those points and asking for them not to brought up again and again - specifically in this thread, then what response did you expect - or maybe hope for?

Ergo - agree with you that the box set is bad value, filled with the wrong stuff and over priced, or be wrong.

Just stating the same things over and over isn't discussing anything, it's just shouting an opinion at people who already clearly don't agree.
No matter how many times you rearrange it.

Your statement is all I’m allowed to do is buy it or not.

However, I choose to speak.
And no matter how you don't rearrange the words, you're still saying the same thing.

You choose to speak. We choose to snooze as you do.

Wake me when you're done. Cheers!
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

BarkBlue wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:12 pm
battra wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:47 am
BarkBlue wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:06 pm
battra wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Just don't buy it....ergo don't speak against it.

Ergo... shut up?

So, if you don't like it, shut up and don't buy it?

Definitely, don't point out what it would take for you to buy it.
How many times have you pointed out the reason why you won't buy it? Hence we get it, respectfully disagree and when the OP actually states that yes they understand that there is two sides to this, but can we just have a thread celebrating the box without caveats, some people come along and shit all over that with points already made countless times.

I'm not 'telling you to shut up'. I've read a ton of your posts in other threads (often five or six in a row), disagreed and moved on without saying anything. However, when the OP is basiacally told that the fact they are excited about the box set is flawed because "same old argument" after already acknowledging those points and asking for them not to brought up again and again - specifically in this thread, then what response did you expect - or maybe hope for?

Ergo - agree with you that the box set is bad value, filled with the wrong stuff and over priced, or be wrong.

Just stating the same things over and over isn't discussing anything, it's just shouting an opinion at people who already clearly don't agree.
No matter how many times you rearrange it.

Your statement is all I’m allowed to do is buy it or not.

However, I choose to speak.
And no matter how you don't rearrange the words, you're still saying the same thing.

You choose to speak. We choose to snooze as you do.

Wake me when you're done. Cheers!
Maybe its eddie trunk. He is always bitching about something Kiss does ha ha.
User avatar
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by joma5477 »

I haven't heard Trunk's opinion on this, but I would guess he probably thinks it's pretty cool...
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 21736
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by battra »

BarkBlue wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:12 pm And no matter how you don't rearrange the words, you're still saying the same thing.

You choose to speak. We choose to snooze as you do.

Wake me when you're done. Cheers!
I am saying the same thing.

$40/disc is a rip off.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2368
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Is there an emoji for broken record?
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by misterhand80 »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 pm Is there an emoji for broken record?
This is the closest for battra's continuous anti-Destroyer box set :flogging a dead horse:
User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 29625
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by redinthesky »

mamado wrote: ↑Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:50 pm I'm waitin' for "Peter Criss' '78 Solo Album - Massive Deluxe 7 CDs Box Set"!!! :sunny: :cheers: :flower: :thumleft:
Don't think for a second I wouldn't buy it, I'd be first to order, and I ain't fooling! :cheers:

Also, in defense of brother batts, many of us here, me very much included, emphasize a point or opinion more than once or twice (oh yes have I ever LOL), so I have no problem at all with his stating anything more than once. I will also say that while the set looks amazing and I am considering buying it, yes the price tag is a deterrent for me, I think I'll wait to see if it comes down a bit. I would also love it on vinyl. The Ramones released a bunch of fantastic 40th anniversary sets for their early albums, all came with a lot (and mean a LOT) of extra music, and the price was right.
Gona
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Gona »

The Elder boxset could surprisingly "sell well"
It is actually the only boxset I:m interested in buying. I also know many who would buy it (giving the fact it would contain the spoken parts, demos etc.)
User avatar
Going Blind
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Going Blind »

Sssnakester wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am
Going Blind wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:56 am While I'm passing on this particular set, I have no room for every box set I want, I am glad they announced this. I thought this was the kind of thing they wouldn't release till they were off the road, but I guess covid changed those plans. If I have to pick one I will pick the Hotter Than Hell set if such a thing is in the works, drooling at the prospect of what it could possibly contain.
I have a feeling as far as the first 3 albums we'll probably get a deluxe 'The Originals' box set.
I have a feeling you are correct. Kiss were running out of material by the time "Dressed to Kill" hit if I recall correctly. So there may not be enough extra to justify an individual box set for each. Probably lump the three in a box set, referring back to the originals set and have one cd to cover any extra material and/or Wicked Lester, call it day. This one will be more for the physical extras in the box, I suppose
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6326
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by Grand Classic »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 pm Is there an emoji for broken record?
Good news! There is a new invention that is coming out soon into the marketplace and will be added to every computer mouse. It is called a scroll wheel.

So for example, let's say you see a post from a member of the forum you don't like. You can just immediately scroll by the post and not read it at all. You can even scroll whole pages. No more forcing yourself to read what you don't want to.

Image
User avatar
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13001
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:05 pm
Location: Menfuss

Re: BEING IN THE MOMENT: FUTURE BOX SET RELEASES

Post by sugardaddy »

Going Blind wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:40 am
RockRadio883 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:33 am Is anyone else not that excited by demos? What I'm interested in are fully realized songs that were completely and properly recorded but left off the record. Springsteen put out a 4 disc set of nothing but album outtakes and it's a sin that some of this stuff has been left off the records. He's done 2 album box sets that feature tons of fully recorded songs done during the album sessions that didn't make the final cut. The River is a double album as it is and he still had 2 discs worth of material that didn't make the record. The man is a lunatic in terms of how much he recorded. These aren't duds, any one of them could stand their own against anything that made the record.

Of course I may be wishing for the impossible and maybe KISS didn't record this way. I wanna wake up tomorrow and find out there were 5 songs recorded for KISS and 4 songs recorded for Hotter Than Hell that didn't make the final album but could have, they were just cut. Fully recorded, fully done but have never seen the light of day. But again, I may be wishing for the impossible.
Kiss were constantly touring, there probably isn't that much finished stuff unreleased, these guys popped out 6 studio albums, 4 solo albums in 4 years. There was no time for that.
Springsteen probably just composed everything he thought of on an acoustic as he was traveling. He didn't necessarily have to be in a studio with other musicians to write. And for him that could be a finished song. Something like the Nebraska album.

This