How Well Does The Destroyer Deluxe Have To Sell For Further Deluxe Editions?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: How Well Does The Destroyer Deluxe Have To Sell For Further Deluxe Editions?

Post by Kissologist »

I hope that I'm wrong but I think there would be no other deluxe edition of any other album.
They will do something for their overall 50th anniversary and that's it
Strutterer
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: How Well Does The Destroyer Deluxe Have To Sell For Further Deluxe Editions?

Post by Strutterer »

turbodrive wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 am
Strutterer wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:24 pm I'd like to see more mixed album box sets. Say, a redo of The Originals for a new audience, with extra live tracks and demos.
A repackaging of The Originals would make a lotta sense. It'd be cool to have a set for each album, but realistically, that probably won't happen. My guess is that they'd be interested in doing these for what were their biggest sellers, so it makes sense that Destroyer was first. I'm hoping it does well and they follow up with an Alive! package.
Good call! I would buy an Alive box set in a heartbeat.
alivecatman
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by alivecatman »

An Alive! set would be incredible. I would love all the paper goods from that era almost more than unheard tracks or rough mixes
Tallbear13
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Tallbear13 »

Arrogant wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 am
Tallbear13 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:38 pm All the box sets Metallica has put out everytime they've sold out on their website they re-stocked till they ran out except for the black album which for now has sold out and will not be back.
Plus you could get them other places ,and theirs have more stuff for about the same price
If this one for KISS sells out that will be a good sign they make one for other albums
It looks like The Black Album box is going to sell all 53k. It's now out of stock at almost every retailer and going for $400+ on Discogs, eBay, etc.

Given how much less actual content (multiple vinyl, DVDs, etc) is in the Destroyer box, and how much of it is cheap products -- it will likely lead to another box if it sells well. It certainly will have a high profit margin if you consider for about the same price, Metallica's has so much more physical media and 25 more hours of content.
Yeah I got the 1st box set Kill'em all as a birthday present and it was $149.99, got the ride the lightning for christmas it was $135, bought the rest puppets $179.99, Justice $199.98, Black album $239.98.
Having no shipping or just buying them at the store doesn't hurt either.
battra

Post by battra »

nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 pm
Going Blind wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:25 pm All I can say is Thank God it has nothing to do with RSD. Anybody who wants one of these will have an opportunity to get one at least.
Agreed 100% RSD is a rip off. Not often done in the spirit intended.
RSD is very much that, but how many Kiss fans buy 4-5 copies of everything in order to flip them?

Same spirit really.

This is actually a big part of why I don't even try for Kiss vinyl anymore.
battra

Post by battra »

If this album is earning less than $150 in profit per set, then they screwed up majorly.

The manufacturing cost of the discs is about $4.

The manufacturing cost of the box is probably about the same.

The toys and papers...probably about ten bucks.

I think it's great Kiss has a 150% markup on this set and it's really cool that they didn't include very much.
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

battra wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:25 pm
nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 pm
Going Blind wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:25 pm All I can say is Thank God it has nothing to do with RSD. Anybody who wants one of these will have an opportunity to get one at least.
Agreed 100% RSD is a rip off. Not often done in the spirit intended.
RSD is very much that, but how many Kiss fans buy 4-5 copies of everything in order to flip them?

Same spirit really.

This is actually a big part of why I don't even try for Kiss vinyl anymore.
It is something I am not a fan off. I talk about it in tomorrow's PodKISSt
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

alivecatman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:49 am An Alive! set would be incredible. I would love all the paper goods from that era almost more than unheard tracks or rough mixes
I'm really looking forward to the Destroyer deluxe box but frankly I would have guessed that the first deluxe box that would be put together would have been one for Alive! So many possibilities to include some awesome stuff as well as all the original raw recordings. I can only imagine how sensational a Steven Wilson 5.1 Alive! Mix would sound as well.. Fingers crossed this is on the cards now Destroyer is done.
ToddofThunder
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ToddofThunder »

Kissologist wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 am I hope that I'm wrong but I think there would be no other deluxe edition of any other album.
They will do something for their overall 50th anniversary and that's it
This. We have to remember what a seminal album "Destroyer" is in the history of the band. Not that it's their ONLY one, but it's one of maybe only 3 (I'm thinking maybe "Rock and Roll Over" and "Love Gun" being the remaining 2; that was the band at their highest peak, domestically).
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

Now that Destroyer is being sold at other outlets like Amazon - it will be interesting to see the first week sales for this.