Live to Win Atlanta full show

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Live to Win Atlanta full show

Post by Statuegirl21 »

gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Live to Win Atlanta full show

Post by gabbagabba »

A real good band and a great setlist.
And Paul's voice was still amazing.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 pm
Nice!!!
Tallbear13
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Tallbear13 »

Yeah seeing that tour and that show was really cool. The setlist was really good
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Paul’s last stand. Last good thing he was associated with.
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by jmitzel »

I was there, really cool show.
KISSRevenge244
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by KISSRevenge244 »

His vocal capabilities here cannot be overstated. Really, really impressive.
razor
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by razor »

i saw 2 nights in melbourne and it rocked and his voice was great
although the tv appearance when he shandi started to crack
DevastatinDave
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DevastatinDave »

Great show, Paul and band sounded fab. I was there. Gene was there. Paul’s terrible wig was em there. Coincidentally, I am visiting a friend in Atlanta this weekend and I just walked by the Fox theater a few hours ago.
enabler
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by enabler »

Man, I miss this voice.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Kisscomplicated »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:55 pm Paul’s last stand. Last good thing he was associated with.
Yes ...being " associated " with a current tour that has grossed 109 million dollars not counting new dates , and merchandise, is just not good is it ? In fact its just awful that He and KISS still have that big of a draw. Lip-synch or no lipsynch , I've spent around 12,000 dollars attending EOTR shows....to add to my 145 shows to date . Since I saw the Destroyer Tour at 10 yrs old. And EVERY SINGLE TOUR AND LINEUP since. Being in the Media I've met every band member , and had press credentials at many shows , and paid for some too. I even met Vinnie and Eric Carr , and Mark St. John. I enjoy the EOTR shows immensely, LOTS of pyro , I love pyro. Don't you ? I love Paul , and Gene, and Tommy and Eric , Peter and Ace as well. I like Bruce, super nice man. I was young when I first saw them. Now I'm not so young when I see them, but neither are they , but they like me still enjoy KISS. I grew up with them in my life.Ive lived the eras and seen the Tours most people here just wonder and suppose about. Thats the thing . I've LIVED KISS for 45 years. In short I don't give a Good Godamn what YOU think about Paul or KISS. The people here really do make me laugh ! I thank you for that Sir ! Cheers and Peace to you !
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Kisscomplicated wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm In short I don't give a Good Godamn what YOU think about Paul or KISS.
Right back at ya bud. See how this works?

But I'm glad you enjoyed the lip synched, paint-by-numbers show, guitars tuned down to H minor, and Gene and Paul standing rooted to the spot for entire songs. Synch it up baby!

PS : instead of "living KISS" for 45 years you maybe should have "lived education" for a portion of that and learnt some basic grammar. My six year old daughter communicates better than you do.
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by wjs296 »

Great band and set list. I saw them in Poughkeepsie, NY and at the Ritz in NYC. Awesome show! Thanks for sharing.
Peacebrother
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Peacebrother »

Thank you.
Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

Man, Paul's voice decline from 2006 -2008 is startling. Here you have a guy who's voice has obviously aged and has some rhaspiness but it's still very strong with great range and control. Then just 2 short years later it completely derailed! What the hell happened in that short time span?
redfield
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by redfield »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 am Man, Paul's voice decline from 2006 -2008 is startling. Here you have a guy who's voice has obviously aged and has some rhaspiness but it's still very strong with great range and control. Then just 2 short years later it completely derailed! What the hell happened in that short time span?
AFAIK The Range and characteristics where still there ALL the way till late 2009 !! Sure it sounded more and more raspy and constrained as time went by but Stanley still sounded like Stanley until 2010 emerged... you can look up various YT footage from 2009 for reference... the HUGE and almost aprupt decline of his capabilities came after 2010's Rock am Ring performance... and seeing the live broadcast back then was the first time I thought 'Boy, something is SERIOUSLY wrong with Pauls voice... maybe a cold?" Sadly he never recovered after that and only got worse by the month :-/
Hi I'm Witz

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

redfield wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 am Man, Paul's voice decline from 2006 -2008 is startling. Here you have a guy who's voice has obviously aged and has some rhaspiness but it's still very strong with great range and control. Then just 2 short years later it completely derailed! What the hell happened in that short time span?
AFAIK The Range and characteristics where still there ALL the way till late 2009 !! Sure it sounded more and more raspy and constrained as time went by but Stanley still sounded like Stanley until 2010 emerged... you can look up various YT footage from 2009 for reference... the HUGE and almost aprupt decline of his capabilities came after 2010's Rock am Ring performance... and seeing the live broadcast back then was the first time I thought 'Boy, something is SERIOUSLY wrong with Pauls voice... maybe a cold?" Sadly he never recovered after that and only got worse by the month :-/
I first noticed it on their David Letterman appearance to promote Sonic Boom (I think it was 2009). They came out to sing Modern Day Delilah and I was like "ooooooh Paul, what happend???" I saw them in concert a few weeks later and my fears were confirmed. The Letterman appearance wasn't an anomaly. Paul was struggling. Believe me I have the instant live CD to prove it.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

He sounds bad on the official soundboard-boots from the European 2008 tour... unless the Stockholm show was an exception.

Sounds like his voice is struggling on the Sonic Boom album too.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

His voice got ruined when they jammed an emergency respiratory tube down his throat in 2007 when his heart messed up.
Hi I'm Witz

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 am His voice got ruined when they jammed an emergency respiratory tube down his throat in 2007 when his heart messed up.
Oh really?? I had not heard this before. I remember when he had that heart issue but I wasn't aware they had to put a respiratory tube down his throat. Wow, yes that can certainly damage a person's vocal chords. If this is true then that explains a lot! Unfortunately in situations like that when it's a life and death matter, there's not really anything that can be done to avoid the potential damage. It was a risk that had to be made.
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

His voice was declining on Sonic Boom it was extremely obvious to me. 2009 tour in November was confirmation in person that the night fine strong voice Paul once had was gone and likely never to come back.

That being said I never expected 65 year old Paul Stanley to sound like 24,34 or 44 Paul Stanley. It is what it is and I’m just happy in 2021 I am still able to see my favourite band that has legitimately given me years of joy perform. I will see my 5th EOTR show in December, and hopefully a couple more in 2022.
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 am His voice got ruined when they jammed an emergency respiratory tube down his throat in 2007 when his heart messed up.
This.
You know the details, I don't.
But from that day his voice changed forever.
He wasn't in control anymore.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

Kisscomplicated wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm
Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:55 pm Paul’s last stand. Last good thing he was associated with.
Yes ...being " associated " with a current tour that has grossed 109 million dollars not counting new dates , and merchandise, is just not good is it ? In fact its just awful that He and KISS still have that big of a draw. Lip-synch or no lipsynch , I've spent around 12,000 dollars attending EOTR shows....to add to my 145 shows to date . Since I saw the Destroyer Tour at 10 yrs old. And EVERY SINGLE TOUR AND LINEUP since. Being in the Media I've met every band member , and had press credentials at many shows , and paid for some too. I even met Vinnie and Eric Carr , and Mark St. John. I enjoy the EOTR shows immensely, LOTS of pyro , I love pyro. Don't you ? I love Paul , and Gene, and Tommy and Eric , Peter and Ace as well. I like Bruce, super nice man. I was young when I first saw them. Now I'm not so young when I see them, but neither are they , but they like me still enjoy KISS. I grew up with them in my life.Ive lived the eras and seen the Tours most people here just wonder and suppose about. Thats the thing . I've LIVED KISS for 45 years. In short I don't give a Good Godamn what YOU think about Paul or KISS. The people here really do make me laugh ! I thank you for that Sir ! Cheers and Peace to you !
Spending $12K on a band for one tour isn't something I'd bray about, especially if I had "press credentials".

But, you do you.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

You meet a person making you laugh in the morning. You've met a person making you laugh.
You meet a forum full of people making you laugh. You're the one making people laugh.
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KF73 »

Freaking loved that tour. Saw it with my late sister in Orlando. Small crowd at Hard Rock Live (I think only 900+) but a great show. Met Doc McGhee that night as he was walking around and he couldn't have been nicer.
Last edited by KF73 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am
You meet a person making you laugh in the morning. You've met a person making you laugh.
You meet a forum full of people making you laugh. You're the one making people laugh.
Thanks for your wisdom , however not all people here do , just the ones that whine moan and bitch about Tommy , Peter and Ace are not here oh ! Boo hoo. This has gone on for the 18 years I've lurked here ,and been here with 3 different names. The ones that say Kiss is not what it was and just plain run their butt-lips not have any knowledge whatsoever. But me like Kiss , laugh all the way to the bank. Thank you for your insight and I will consider it for ....seconds. Cheers !
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Tbond wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:55 am
Spending $12K on a band for one tour isn't something I'd bray about, especially if I had "press credentials".

But, you do you.
It was a declarative statement, if wanted to brag I could tell you a lot more than THAT ,but choose not too. I didn't need to get a loan or go the pawn shop to do it. My bragging is YOUR perception, not my intention.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:16 pm
Kisscomplicated wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm In short I don't give a Good Godamn what YOU think about Paul or KISS.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the lip synched, paint-by-numbers show, guitars tuned down to H minor, and Gene and Paul standing rooted to the spot for entire songs. Synch it up baby!

PS : instead of "living KISS" for 45 years you maybe should have "lived education" for a portion of that and learnt some basic grammar. My six year old daughter communicates better than you do.
Thats classic! Learnt is not a word. Learned is. If you don't like my grammar, don't read the shit ! How's that , Matey ?
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tbond »

Kisscomplicated wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 am

Thats classic! Learnt is not a word. Learned is. If you don't like my grammar, don't read the shit ! How's that , Matey ?
Learnt is a word, interchangeable with learned.

If you're going to bray about your grammar, please get it right.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/learned-learnt/

Wrong again, idiot.
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

I love from the audience bootlegs, much prefer to pro shot.

Thanks for posting this one, Paul and the band sound great. brilliant setlist.
The Man
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The Man »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 am
I first noticed it on their David Letterman appearance to promote Sonic Boom (I think it was 2009). They came out to sing Modern Day Delilah and I was like "ooooooh Paul, what happend???" I saw them in concert a few weeks later and my fears were confirmed. The Letterman appearance wasn't an anomaly. Paul was struggling. Believe me I have the instant live CD to prove it.
The cracks started showing around Rock the nation and it was a slow decline till around 2010 ... then unfortunately he was cooked. :(
Tito

Post by Tito »

I've had this on DVD since then. I always found this one a frustrating watch because I like to see more of a general view of the stage. This one is basically focused on Paul's face for the duration.
novacide
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by novacide »

Saw Atlantic City and Irving Plaza.
Remarkable shows.
vdojaq
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by vdojaq »

Was at Chicago House of Blues, the show that was recorded for the DVD. This was 2007 and Paul still had 85% of his voice and he rocked it hard. Great frickin show that I am very happy to have been there. By 2009, especially the Alive 35 Tour, Paul's voice had terribly degraded.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Statuegirl21 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:39 am

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/learned-learnt/

Wrong again, idiot.
I have yet to stoop so low as to employ name calling. In your case you do that for me by merely existing. This conversation is over.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Tbond wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 am

Learnt is a word, interchangeable with learned.

If you're going to bray about your grammar, please get it right.
Is that right ? I'm sorry did you say something ?
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

lol. That guy you’re replying to didn’t use name calling so I guess he won that argument.
thespork461
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by thespork461 »

The Man wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:02 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 am
The cracks started showing around Rock the nation and it was a slow decline till around 2010 ... then unfortunately he was cooked. :(
This. It's noticeable on the Rock the Nation Live DVD even. Love Gun, parts of Makin' Love, the ending of I Want You, he just sounds shaky. The recording in OP and the One Live KISS DVD has rough moments of shakiness in I Want You and I Still Love You as well. He just didn't know when to stop pushing his voice to the absolute limit.

The Live to Win tour I think did the most damage, the whole set Paul's constantly middle to top of his range every song with no breaks. At least with KISS other members could sing a few songs to break it up, slowing the damage. This whole tour was giving his all every night.

I remember when they played All American Man in 2007 for those couple shows and checking out audience recordings at the time and thinking something sounded off. But especially that Letterman performance in 2009, that was the first cringe moment I had where it was kind of embarrassing he was struggling so bad. Then it just got worse and worse over time. 2014 was his only "good year" imo post-total voice break, and even then it was a shadow of what it used to be.

I don't think a tube down his throat had anything to do with it, it was the slow development of vocal nodules that weren't repaired in time, and as he kept pushing his voice year after year it just went so far past the point of no return that now he can't even speak without it sounding labored sometimes. It's really sad, he was at the top of the world once.

Also, this is why I lurk here. Ridiculous name-calling, needless arguments, childish replies. Can't even have a civil discussion.
Last edited by thespork461 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thespork461
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by thespork461 »

Edit: Double post.
Last edited by thespork461 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Forevertj
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Forevertj »

jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 pm I was there, really cool show.

I was too.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

razor wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm i saw 2 nights in melbourne and it rocked and his voice was great
although the tv appearance when he shandi started to crack
I was in the studio for the Today show performance of Shandi. 9am, but, yes, you could hear raspiness in Paul's voice.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

Rockker wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:16 am His voice was declining on Sonic Boom it was extremely obvious to me. 2009 tour in November was confirmation in person that the night fine strong voice Paul once had was gone and likely never to come back.

That being said I never expected 65 year old Paul Stanley to sound like 24,34 or 44 Paul Stanley. It is what it is and I’m just happy in 2021 I am still able to see my favourite band that has legitimately given me years of joy perform. I will see my 5th EOTR show in December, and hopefully a couple more in 2022.
:salut: :salut:
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

As great as it was, this tour shouldn't have happened - because of Pauls voice. Same with RTN tour. By that time it was apparent that he started to have real serious preoblems with his voice. I think had he realized it then and started to take care of his voice by rearranging vocals to scream less, give more vocals to other band mambers, tour schedule, etc., he might still have some of the voice left now.

Instead he went out on a solo tour where each night he sang for 1.5 hours of most vocally demaning songs.
acevog75

Post by acevog75 »

You can hear his vocal issues starting to show on Wake Up Screaming. That was really the first time I thought to myself, “wow, something is wrong”. If you can’t get a great vocal take in the studio, there’s a problem. Yes, you can hear it on the RTN tour a little bit. but at that point, all I thought was perhaps just normal wear and tear from touring.

Paul could sing like a motherfucker, but he was probably singing incorrectly too, or in a way that was doing great harm. I’m sure other factors come into play also.
StarChildBlade

Post by StarChildBlade »

I was there. Magical night.
gothunder

Post by gothunder »

Sure is..... :(
GrapeApe64
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GrapeApe64 »

acevog75 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:06 am You can hear his vocal issues starting to show on Wake Up Screaming. That was really the first time I thought to myself, “wow, something is wrong”. If you can’t get a great vocal take in the studio, there’s a problem. Yes, you can hear it on the RTN tour a little bit. but at that point, all I thought was perhaps just normal wear and tear from touring.

Paul could sing like a motherfucker, but he was probably singing incorrectly too, or in a way that was doing great harm. I’m sure other factors come into play also.
Yes, there were noticeable issues on this tour that most people would shrug off. Singers and people who use their voice for a living easily picked up on it. Actually there were occasional signs before this tour. I always said that his problems seemed to start when he began singing "properly" for Phantom. From that point on, there were these odd moments that I'd hear and think, "Wha-Oh, what was that?"
Rabant777
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Rabant777 »

Paul's drinks and towel get more screen time than the band.
I'm not actually a fan of the band by the way. Proficient as they may be, it doesn't work on this stuff for me.