Ace Frehley: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: Ace Frehley: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

Post by battra »

Peacebrother wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:54 am If he's selling those guitars as stage played or even something that has been in his personal collection, that's messed up to put it politely. If he's not then I have no problem with any of it.
They are a very limited run of guitars that are made for the artists and have a special serial number.

I’m presuming these were the Frehley Bursts, but in the case of the original Ace Les Paul, the lightning bolts were silver among other differences.

That’s what makes these so valuable.
Peacebrother
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Peacebrother »

battra wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:22 am
Peacebrother wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:54 am If he's selling those guitars as stage played or even something that has been in his personal collection, that's messed up to put it politely. If he's not then I have no problem with any of it.
They are a very limited run of guitars that are made for the artists and have a special serial number.

I’m presuming these were the Frehley Bursts, but in the case of the original Ace Les Paul, the lightning bolts were silver among other differences.

I understand that completely. I'm just curious as to what they are being sold "as". Is it as stage played or just one more guitar with a signature on it, if even that. Like I said if they aren't being marketed as stage played and people know exactly what they're paying for... no harm, no foul.
battra

Post by battra »

Peacebrother wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am

I understand that completely. I'm just curious as to what they are being sold "as". Is it as stage played or just one more guitar with a signature on it, if even that. Like I said if they aren't being marketed as stage played and people know exactly what they're paying for... no harm, no foul.
I would imagine they’re being sold as what they are.

But.

We’ve seen some shady things before haven’t we?
Peacebrother
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Peacebrother »

battra wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:03 am
Peacebrother wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am

I would imagine they’re being sold as what they are.

But.

We’ve seen some shady things before haven’t we?
Indeed.
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:48 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 am Talking of Jags, my Dad bought an V12 XJS and a leather jacket a year or so after him and my Mum divorced, classic mid live crisis :lol: Still he loved it and it and it sounded amazing. He never let me drive it :(
They're nice-looking cars, but that's exactly the kind of image Jags conjure up for me - a middle-aged guy who watches a lot of Top Gear but is too sensible to commit to buying an actual impractical sports car. Funnily enough, my father-in-law did exactly the same thing when he reached "a certain age" apart from the getting divorced bit lol!

I'm on the board of a semi-pro football club, and every time we've got a potential investor - normally a middle-aged businessman type - I pretty much guarantee that or something very similar is what he'll rock up to the stadium in.

I know exactly what you mean, I think my Dad thought he was Ian Ogilvy in The Saint :lol: . Our neighbour had some links with Norwich City FC when I was a kid, he drove a 1970s Roller and wore a wig. What sort of cars do they arrive in?

Edit: just remembered, someone on our street had a yellow TR7, I thought they were God!
Merc AMG GTs and the like - sort of sportscar-looking, but not really when it comes down to it! Our old crocks team was playing a friendly against a Partick Thistle legends side on Sunday - our ground's only a mile up the road from theirs so we've got a good relationship with them despite being three divisions below them, and quite a lot of their board showed up so the car park was full of that kind of thing.
I saw this today and thought of you.

Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

The comments I guess are just to over-compensate for the rumours of “declining wealth”?.

The “girlfriend” I assume is Laura whatshername, that gets mentioned occasionally? Its just nonsense. The spats with Poodle were vaguely amusing for about 5 minutes. But really its all very sad. I didn’t read any of the interviews where these quotes came from. If Ace is discussing a new album of original material he has coming up that he has worked particularly hard on, then I’ll give that a read, other than that Im not too interested in anything much he has to say. Same with Paul, his interviews are not particularly interesting listening these days. Very cringey.

Gene and Peter might be vaguely more interesting, because I guess you always knew what you were getting!
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

I really dont care what Ace does with his guitars, but I do care how he plays them.
peterparker78
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by peterparker78 »

I'd rather have the Jaguar (or Jagwar according to David Coverdale), though peeps do know it's likely a Ford under the bodywork, right ? :? And (readies self for angry mob armed with flaming torches) I mean I think Ace was cool as 'freak' while in Kiss and remains the coolest band member ever IMO but I'd be surprised GIbson, if it was they who supplied the Les Paul's, consider Ace's current stature in the rock world to worthy of 12 free guitars. That said, good luck to him though if they do drop free axe-ware weapons of choice on his doorstep :D ....
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Ace might've been better off just letting Poodle have the guitars. She's got bills AND they are only seperated, according to her FaceBook site ...
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

sugardaddy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:03 pm I really dont care what Ace does with his guitars, but I do care how he plays them.
Shame he doesn’t.