Ace Frehley: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Ace Frehley: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

Post by StillAlive »

"They gave me 12 Les Pauls. I was in Vegas with my girfriend and we came home and there were 12 Les Pauls in my lobby of our penthouse and I opened them up and I lined them all up and took pictures of them. I sold a bunch of them. People give me fifty thousand dollars a piece for them. I just sold a guitar the other day and I took the money and bought a Jaguar and I'm going to Kentucky this weekend to pick it up. What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

- Ace Frehley (March 2021)

==========

"I'm doing it because I love it, but I also love the money and I also love my Jaguar and my new Escalade and my new house, and I have all those things because of the music business and my fans. I give my fans 110 percent, and they give me 110 percent, so it works both ways."

- Ace Frehley (September 2020)

==========

"The fans are the reason why I'm living in an estate with a Bentley and a Jaguar... I always keep in mind when I'm recording an album what my fans would think of it."

- Ace Frehley (December 2018)

==========

"What I do every day? I eat, I drink coffee, run errands, you know. I like to drive my Bentley or my Jaguar around."

- Ace Frehley (November 2018)

==========

" I don’t know where the rumor started that I’m broke. I just bought a Bentley the other day, I have a Jaguar, I live in a 5 million dollar home...so I must be doing something right."

- Ace Frehley (December 2015)

==========
Last edited by StillAlive on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Ace Frehely: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK 2015?"

Post by Grand Classic »

Jaguar's are garbage - so he wasted money buying that particular car.
MikeyB
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by MikeyB »

Frehely?
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: Ace Frehley: "What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

Post by Statuegirl21 »

He’s got early onset dementia caused by being drunk for decades.
Christmas
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Christmas »

He’s no different than Gene.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Ace Frehley is wealthy.
Vinnie Vincent is honest.
MAGIC is coming out in two weeks.
Bruce
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Bruce »

The Jag pulls up and parks. The hotties observe this ... they are inquisitive. And ... out steps the 70 year old with a beer gut and a bad wig.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Bruce wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm The Jag pulls up and parks. The hotties observe this ... they are inquisitive. And ... out steps the 70 year old with a beer gut and a bad wig.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good stuff.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Ace was better off just keeping the guitars, probably. Or buying an SUV ...
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:36 pm Jaguar's are garbage - so he wasted money buying that particular car.
And he went all the way to Kentucky to buy a used Jag. Wow.
KissBrooklyn
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by KissBrooklyn »

StillAlive wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:33 pm "They gave me 12 Les Pauls. I was in Vegas with my girfriend and we came home and there were 12 Les Pauls in my lobby of our penthouse and I opened them up and I lined them all up and took pictures of them. I sold a bunch of them. People give me fifty thousand dollars a piece for them. I just sold a guitar the other day and I took the money and bought a Jaguar and I'm going to Kentucky this weekend to pick it up. What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

Wow, what an asshole thing to do.
TheKISSProject7312
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by TheKISSProject7312 »

Can you imagine if Gene said this? Whoo.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Kisscandinavia »

He says that he loves money... Well, he should have stayed in Kiss instead of playing club gigs and making albums that sell ten copies...
Potato Salad
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Potato Salad »

I just saw Ace at the gas station the other day. He went to pick up some milk, and was driving a PT Cruiser with the wood panels on it.
woodworm001
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by woodworm001 »

Bruce wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm The Jag pulls up and parks. The hotties observe this ... they are inquisitive. And ... out steps the 70 year old with a beer gut and a bad wig.
Tbf he's doing well if he can get in and out of that car at his age :lol:
Jasper
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Jasper »

KissBrooklyn wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:50 am
StillAlive wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:33 pm "They gave me 12 Les Pauls. I was in Vegas with my girfriend and we came home and there were 12 Les Pauls in my lobby of our penthouse and I opened them up and I lined them all up and took pictures of them. I sold a bunch of them. People give me fifty thousand dollars a piece for them. I just sold a guitar the other day and I took the money and bought a Jaguar and I'm going to Kentucky this weekend to pick it up. What would you rather have, a double neck or Jaguar XK?"

He might not get given another 12 any time soon if they know what he's doing with them ! 🤣
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

woodworm001 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 am Tbf he's doing well if he can get in and out of that car at his age :lol:
when Ace sang Eddie Money's I Wanna Go Back, I had no idea he actually meant it.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

I'm truly at a loss, I can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with any of this. Ace is an older aging rock musician who is living the way he wants to and he seems to be really happy at this point in his life. What exactly is the problem with any of this?
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Yeah, who would suspect a person declaring multiple bankruptcies is broke? Especially when a former rock star millionaire does this, it surely is a sign of being able to handle your finances just fine. :D
Tito

Post by Tito »

What I don't understand is why he insists on bringing up his girlfriend in every interview.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

gene therapist wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:23 am Yeah, who would suspect a person declaring multiple bankruptcies is broke? Especially when a former rock star millionaire does this, it surely is a sign of being able to handle your finances just fine. :D
Declaring bankruptcy once before he rejoined KISS for the reunion has nothing to do with his life now, Has he declared bankruptcy since then?
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

Even if he did do this (which he did) why let the world know about it? Some things might be better off not being told......
weboes
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by weboes »

GACatmandu wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 am I'm truly at a loss, I can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with any of this. Ace is an older aging rock musician who is living the way he wants to and he seems to be really happy at this point in his life. What exactly is the problem with any of this?
The only issue I see is if he ripping people off by saying he is selling them a guitar he has used when it may be he is selling them a guitar he only touched to take it out of the box it was shipped to him in to put it in a box to send to the person buying it. I hope he is paying his taxes too.
weboes
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by weboes »

Tito wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 am What I don't understand is why he insists on bringing up his girlfriend in every interview.
I think that's part of the deal when you are with a girl way too young and hot for you. Hopefully he has learned not to mention them in his songs.
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Weird how perceptions of cars vary across the world...a Jag XK here would be a bit of a tragic midlife crisis car rather than a genuine status symbol.

By the same token, there's a guy lives nearby that's got an early 70s Caddy Eldorado and that stops people in their tracks around here.
highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am Weird how perceptions of cars vary across the world...a Jag XK here would be a bit of a tragic midlife crisis car rather than a genuine status symbol.

By the same token, there's a guy lives nearby that's got an early 70s Caddy Eldorado and that stops people in their tracks around here.
I found myself driving behind one of these on the M25 last week, it looked amazing, my g/f had to keep reminding me to keep my eyes on the road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
highvoltage1969

Talking of Jags, my Dad bought an V12 XJS and a leather jacket a year or so after him and my Mum divorced, classic mid live crisis :lol: Still he loved it and it and it sounded amazing. He never let me drive it :(
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 am
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am Weird how perceptions of cars vary across the world...a Jag XK here would be a bit of a tragic midlife crisis car rather than a genuine status symbol.

I found myself driving behind one of these on the M25 last week, it looked amazing, my g/f had to keep reminding me to keep my eyes on the road.
I think it's the sheer length of the things that takes you aback! The Caddy in my street was always under a tarp - the driveways are pretty long and on the occasions I walked past I always just assumed the guy owned a boat until one really hot day a couple of weeks ago he took it out with the top down...stunning-looking beast :)
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Yup....and then the hotties get in.

Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 am Talking of Jags, my Dad bought an V12 XJS and a leather jacket a year or so after him and my Mum divorced, classic mid live crisis :lol: Still he loved it and it and it sounded amazing. He never let me drive it :(
They're nice-looking cars, but that's exactly the kind of image Jags conjure up for me - a middle-aged guy who watches a lot of Top Gear but is too sensible to commit to buying an actual impractical sports car. Funnily enough, my father-in-law did exactly the same thing when he reached "a certain age" apart from the getting divorced bit lol!

I'm on the board of a semi-pro football club, and every time we've got a potential investor - normally a middle-aged businessman type - I pretty much guarantee that or something very similar is what he'll rock up to the stadium in.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Tito wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:00 am What I don't understand is why he insists on bringing up his girlfriend in every interview.
Because she's a lot younger, and probably the best looking woman he's ever been with.

It's like a guy who has 12 inches and doesn't wear underwear. I want the world to know.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

redinthesky wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 am Yup....and then the hotties get in.
These hotties -- they are the limit --
I'm telling you ...
ObiWanFrehley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ObiWanFrehley »

I'd rather have a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat. But to each their own.
Frilly Pink
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Frilly Pink »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:36 pm Jaguar's are garbage - so he wasted money buying that particular car.
Just out of interest/and on the off chance you're not being a bit of a dick for the sake of it...... Which Jaguar in particular do think is garbage, or is it all of them?

Genuine question
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Frilly Pink wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:39 pm
Just out of interest/and on the off chance you're not being a bit of a dick for the sake of it...... Which Jaguar in particular do think is garbage, or is it all of them?

Genuine question
Why would I be a dick here for the sake of it? All of them. They have long had a bad reputation when it comes to quality for decades. Sure they look cool and all that, but they often break down and have problems.
highvoltage1969

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

I think it's the sheer length of the things that takes you aback! The Caddy in my street was always under a tarp - the driveways are pretty long and on the occasions I walked past I always just assumed the guy owned a boat until one really hot day a couple of weeks ago he took it out with the top down...stunning-looking beast :)
That and the shape, the angles, the pointy bits! Those Old American cars are something else, many years ago I hired one for a photo shoot and driving around in it was crazy, it felt like you were in a boat riding waves! It might have been the one attached, there can't be that many pink Caddys for hire in London.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
highvoltage1969

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 am Talking of Jags, my Dad bought an V12 XJS and a leather jacket a year or so after him and my Mum divorced, classic mid live crisis :lol: Still he loved it and it and it sounded amazing. He never let me drive it :(
They're nice-looking cars, but that's exactly the kind of image Jags conjure up for me - a middle-aged guy who watches a lot of Top Gear but is too sensible to commit to buying an actual impractical sports car. Funnily enough, my father-in-law did exactly the same thing when he reached "a certain age" apart from the getting divorced bit lol!

I'm on the board of a semi-pro football club, and every time we've got a potential investor - normally a middle-aged businessman type - I pretty much guarantee that or something very similar is what he'll rock up to the stadium in.
I know exactly what you mean, I think my Dad thought he was Ian Ogilvy in The Saint :lol: . Our neighbour had some links with Norwich City FC when I was a kid, he drove a 1970s Roller and wore a wig. What sort of cars do they arrive in?

Edit: just remembered, someone on our street had a yellow TR7, I thought they were God!
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:23 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am

I know exactly what you mean, I think my Dad thought he was Ian Ogilvy in The Saint :lol: . Our neighbour had some links with Norwich City FC when I was a kid, he drove a 1970s Roller and wore a wig. What sort of cars do they arrive in?

Edit: just remembered, someone on our street had a yellow TR7, I thought they were God!
Merc AMG GTs and the like - sort of sportscar-looking, but not really when it comes down to it! Our old crocks team was playing a friendly against a Partick Thistle legends side on Sunday - our ground's only a mile up the road from theirs so we've got a good relationship with them despite being three divisions below them, and quite a lot of their board showed up so the car park was full of that kind of thing.
Frilly Pink
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Frilly Pink »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm
Frilly Pink wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Genuine question
Why would I be a dick here for the sake of it? All of them. They have long had a bad reputation when it comes to quality for decades. Sure they look cool and all that, but they often break down and have problems.

Interesting response. What car do you drive?
battra

Post by battra »

Jasper wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:27 am
KissBrooklyn wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:50 am

He might not get given another 12 any time soon if they know what he's doing with them ! 🤣
If memory serves...

He used to get 25 for personal usage....
battra

Post by battra »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

I miss those big elegant boats... much better than the land beast sand crawler suvs out there these days.

Signed,

Me and my Prius.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

mot$$33 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Where does it say it was used?
battra

Post by battra »

Forevertj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 pm
I think the assumption is that it was used due travelling to get it.

I mean, and I'm a total laymen on this, why else would you travel a quarter of the way across the US for a car?

If it was new...I guess, it could have been the last one that was new old stock?
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

GACatmandu wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:38 am
gene therapist wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:23 am Yeah, who would suspect a person declaring multiple bankruptcies is broke? Especially when a former rock star millionaire does this, it surely is a sign of being able to handle your finances just fine. :D
Declaring bankruptcy once before he rejoined KISS for the reunion has nothing to do with his life now, Has he declared bankruptcy since then?
Hopefully not! Anyway, no need to gloss over the fact Ace & Peter have no clue how to handle money. I know in 2013 there was a a foreclosure filing against Ace.
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

battra wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 pm
Forevertj wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 pm
I think the assumption is that it was used due travelling to get it.

I mean, and I'm a total laymen on this, why else would you travel a quarter of the way across the US for a car?

If it was new...I guess, it could have been the last one that was new old stock?
If it was an Jag XK, 99% certain it would have been used - they stopped making them in the early 2010s.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

GACatmandu wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:38 am
Never.

Theory was that Gene and Paul made him do that before the tour so they couldn’t be held accountable for his bad debts.
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

GACatmandu wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 am I'm truly at a loss, I can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with any of this. Ace is an older aging rock musician who is living the way he wants to and he seems to be really happy at this point in his life. What exactly is the problem with any of this?
This.
StillAlive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by StillAlive »

Wow, what an asshole thing to do....why let the world know about it? Some things might be better off not being told...
Good point.
I'm not sure that I'd be bragging about selling off comped Les Paul's in order to support myself.
Peacebrother
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Peacebrother »

If he's selling those guitars as stage played or even something that has been in his personal collection, that's messed up to put it politely. If he's not then I have no problem with any of it.
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Honestly, I'd rather take the Jaguar. Never really understood the appeal playing-wise about doublenecks.