They're back: How was your EOTR show?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.

"dazzling"
23%
"energetic"
15%
"in fine form"
34%
"legendary stage presence"
28%

Total votes: 74

StillAlive
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StillAlive »

The tour has resumed and by all accounts, the shows have been great.
We're two shows in (after a COVID pause) and KISS has been described as "in fine form", "legendary stage presence", "dazzling" and "energetic".

If you have attended an EOTR show, how would you describe it?
Last edited by StillAlive on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: They're back: How was your EOTR show?

Post by Kissoff »

Won't be going.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

I missed out on the AC and Hartford shows but that said, a buddy of mine who went to AC said I didn't miss anything.
Last edited by Kiss-Army-Sergeant on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Kisscomplicated »

Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 pm Won't be going.
If the Gentleman asked " how was the show you WENT TO, " why answer if your not going ?
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

Yes, they are back and I am sure going out on top as they play to a tape with a choreographed show that allows for zero rock and roll spontaneity. It's like going to the ice capades. You wanted the best.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Kisscomplicated wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:03 pm
Kissoff wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 pm Won't be going.
If the Gentleman asked " how was the show you WENT TO, " why answer if your not going ?
Honesty
Holmgren
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Holmgren »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:22 pm Yes, they are back and I am sure going out on top as they play to a tape with a choreographed show that allows for zero rock and roll spontaneity. It's like going to the ice capades. You wanted the best.
Yet, here you areπŸ˜„
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Holmgren wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:44 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:22 pm Yes, they are back and I am sure going out on top as they play to a tape with a choreographed show that allows for zero rock and roll spontaneity. It's like going to the ice capades. You wanted the best.
Yet, here you areπŸ˜„
Well there are 50 years to discuss, praise, show disappointment or mock. That's an endless list of topics.
OrigialEraFan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by OrigialEraFan »

I don't mean to pile on but how can energetic be an option? Paulis now reduced to pretty much what I would call walking in place at the mike. Gene mostly makes faces. They pretty much stay put untill the choreography demands they move.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Yes. Let's stop pretending that KISS are still killing it. They are not. It's pathetic what they have been reduced to.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Kiss have always been a choreographed show with minimal spontaneity.

Plenty of people still getting enjoyment out 9f them despite your disdain for both the band and fans.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Plenty of people still getting enjoyment out 9f them despite your disdain for both the band and fans.
Well it is incredibly more obvious now than in the 70's and 80's. Plus Ace and Peter weren't exactly predictable during a performance, so that was spontaneous in itself. I think we can agree that they are at a very low point now.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Despite the antics with Paul’s canned vocals, I did see this tour 5 times. MSG was the first one and felt like a letdown. Probably the least special show that the band has played there. Then saw them in Jacksonville and it was better. Plus I was sitting on the floor for this show.

Later in Summer of 2019 I saw them in Charleston, stageside about 20 feet from them. And then two nights later in Charlotte in the lawn. I had an absolute blast at these shows. I think partly because by this point I had accepted what Paul was doing.

And lastly, I saw them in Columbia last February. Killer show for a Tuesday night. And having DLR open was just fantastic.

I contemplated seeing them in AC on 8/21 but ultimately decided against it. That was my dads birthday and I know if he was still here and I was still living in NY that we would’ve went. But then these Covid cases started running rampant again so felt that it was a better decision not to go.

I plan on catching the finale of the tour.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 pm
Pre-recorded.
Mackemkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Mackemkiss »

No negative options??
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

I saw the Nashville show. They were in fine form. I am certainly glad that I went!
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Well it is incredibly more obvious now than in the 70's and 80's. Plus Ace and Peter weren't exactly predictable during a performance, so that was spontaneous in itself. I think we can agree that they are at a very low point now.
I can agree that you think they're at a low point now.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Well it's not really up for debate. Logically every band that has been around this long is at a much lower point than in their younger years. Some worse than others, especially if you are playing to a tape. It's simply a fact that cannot be denied.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Well it's not really up for debate. Logically every band that has been around this long is at a much lower point than in their younger years. It's simply a fact.
It really doesn't matter. People are still enjoying the shows.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Energetic? :lol: That is clearly one thing they are not!
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

Seen the Toledo show from the 5th Row and had the time of my life and it looked like the band did too. We also did the "Diamond VIP" so we were able to attend the soundcheck and photo op. On top of that I was my buddy's "plus one" as he purchased a bass from Gene so a private M&G with Gene didn't hurt either! One of the best times I had at a Kiss show!
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Well it's not really up for debate. Logically every band that has been around this long is at a much lower point than in their younger years. It's simply a fact.
So? That doesn't mean that KISS are going out on top because some people can still enjoy the show. The world is full of shitty entertainment that SOMEONE still likes.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm

So? That doesn't mean that KISS are going out on top because some people can still enjoy the show. The world is full of shitty entertainment that SOMEONE still likes.
It's not shitty to those who are there having fun.

Kiss are going out entertaining plenty of people. Not you, obviously, but that's ok. The rest of us will be fine.
Mr. Kiss

Post by Mr. Kiss »

Statuegirl21 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:29 pm
StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 pm
Pre-recorded.

:idea: ... :P ... :!:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Kiss are going out entertaining plenty of people. Not you, obviously, but that's ok. The rest of us will be fine.
Good for you. It still doesn't negate the reality of the situation. You are just willing to accept less.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Good for you. It still doesn't negate the reality of the situation. You are just willing to accept less.
In your view, sure. Not mine.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:47 pm

So you think KISS are still killing it at their age, haven't declined at all in terms of performance and are going out on top - playing to a tape mind you, because you can still.....enjoy it.

Well OK then. Logic be damned.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm

So you think KISS are still killing it at their age, haven't declined at all in terms of performance and are going out on top - playing to a tape mind you, because you can still.....enjoy it.

If I'm completely honest, my enjoyment of the band is all that really matters.

Logic?

That would be defined as enjoying what I choose to do for entertainment. If I didn't enjoy it, the logical thing to do would be to not do it

Does Kiss today bring you any enjoyment other than saying how low they've gone here?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Logic?

That would be defined as enjoying what I choose to do for entertainment. If I didn't enjoy it, the logical thing to do would be to not do it

Does Kiss today bring you any enjoyment other than saying how low they've gone here?
Logic is being able to be objective about something. I like plenty of stuff that isn't top quality entertainment, but I don't lie to myself and pretend that it is.

I don't understand why it so hard for people like you to acknowledge the same. Yes, KISS is at the absolute lowest point ever, but I still like it anyway - for childhood reasons or nostalgia or because you want to see them again before KISS is truly done or whatever the case.

To act like KISS is still killing it just ridiculous in every sense of the word. Playing to a tape ALONE completely negates that.

Yes, KISS brings me enjoyment in the albums and eras that made KISS what they are. Not what they have become.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Logic?

Logic is being able to be objective about something. I like plenty of stuff that isn't top quality entertainment, but I don't lie to myself and pretend that it is.

I don't understand why it so hard for people like you to acknowledge the same. Yes, KISS is at the absolute lowest point ever, but I still like it anyway - for childhood reasons or nostalgia or because you want to see them again before KISS is truly done or whatever the case.

To act like KISS is still killing it just ridiculous in every sense of the word. Playing to a tape ALONE completely negates that.

Yes, KISS brings me enjoyment in the albums and eras that made KISS what they are. Not what they have become.

So nothing about modern day Kiss brings you enjoyment. Yet you still gab on about them. See that to me is illogical. And just a waste of time.

Why are you so intent on people defining Kiss like you do? It shouldn't upset you that people think differently. And don't say it doesn't, otherwise you would just say, that's cool, and move along.

But, logic? Why should anyone talk logically about something that is so emotional to them.

Let people enjoy it and define how they want.
Kisscomplicated
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Kisscomplicated »

No ! Its much more exciting to go on a forum and bitch ! Watch the video in Irvine , you can hear how excited people were for the opening. Let me just say I've seen every tour since Destroyer . EOTR 5 times. I've LIVED the KISS people here wonder about , that they suppose about , " I wonder what it was like to see XYZ show " I've seen them all . 148 shows to date and more to come. Met every member, of every line up. These " fans " are true morons.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

I may see them in Tampa on Oct. 8

The Stones are playing Raymond James later that month.

Alice Cooper tickets are dirt cheap.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Logic?

So nothing about modern day Kiss brings you enjoyment. Yet you still gab on about them. See that to me is illogical. And just a waste of time.

Why are you so intent on people defining Kiss like you do? It shouldn't upset you that people think differently. And don't say it doesn't, otherwise you would just say, that's cool, and move along.

But, logic? Why should anyone talk logically about something that is so emotional to them.

I still love aspects of KISS. You are not required to like everything to be a fan or to want to talk about it. That is a logical position.

What I may think or say has no bearing on what you like or your enjoyment of it. So who cares? Let people say what they want to say on what is a discussion forum with diverse views.

I LOVE the Gene Simmons 78 album. I know many here don't. Many here also think it is among the worst albums in the KISS discography. It sucks to them. When I feel like listening to the album - I don't say to myself that this would be so much more of a pleasurable listen if only Firekiss (or insert name here) wasn't always saying how much this album sucked. Like you have somehow ridiculously ruined my enjoyment of it.

That would just be stupid.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm

Logic?

I still love aspects of KISS. You are not required to like everything to be a fan or to want to talk about it. That is a logical position.

What I may think or say has no bearing on what you like or your enjoyment of it. So who cares? Let people say what they want to say on what is a discussion forum with diverse views.

I LOVE the Gene Simmons 78 album. I know many here don't. Many here also think it is among the worst albums in the KISS discography. It sucks to them. When I feel like listening to the album - I don't say to myself that this would be so much more of a pleasurable listen if only Firekiss (or insert name here) wasn't always saying how much this album sucked. Like you have somehow ridiculously ruined my enjoyment of it.

I think you're just ranting now, as everything in your reply basically agrees with my position. Yes, let people say what they want, even if they say they love the band as much today and don't think they've declined. They don't need any caveat added when they make that statement.

Now I'm done here, I doubt you are though. :lol:
StillAlive
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by StillAlive »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm What I may think or say has no bearing on what you like or your enjoyment of it. So who cares?
Ummmmmm....you?
You've already posted/shitted in this topic ten times.
Obviously you care a lot.
#Obsessed
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm What I may think or say has no bearing on what you like or your enjoyment of it. So who cares?
Ummmmmm....you?
#Obsessed
You clearly didn't comprehend the quote, because it has nothing to do with your response. Go to sleep.
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Much Too Soon »

StillAlive wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Grand Claptrap wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm What I may think or say has no bearing on what you like or your enjoyment of it. So who cares?
Ummmmmm....you?
#Obsessed
The dingle berry is a full on college level course long on disjointed thought and spastic logic. The hilarity is that everyone sees it, knows it…. except him.

Here comes and β€˜old’ joke. πŸ₯±
KissBrooklyn
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by KissBrooklyn »

Logic?

Why the hell are you here aside from wanting to push peoples buttons? You spend almost all of your time here bitching and moaning about almost everything. 5372 posts in such a short time and almost all of them complaining and pissing in peoples corn flakes. I have read that you have been previously banned for being a troll. That makes perfect sense. How old are you, like 13? If you are an adult, you should start acting like it instead of being a pissy, provocative asshole all the time.
aceeg

Post by aceeg »

Watching paint dry was great!
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

KissBrooklyn wrote: ↑Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:18 pm

Why the hell are you here aside from wanting to push peoples buttons? You spend almost all of your time here bitching and moaning about almost everything. 5372 posts in such a short time and almost all of them complaining and pissing in peoples corn flakes. I have read that you have been previously banned for being a troll. That makes perfect sense. How old are you, like 13? If you are an adult, you should start acting like it instead of being a pissy, provocative asshole all the time.
I am a KISS fan and I have never been banned for being a troll.

SOME people here just have a huge problem with fan objectivity, the ability to be critical even about something you like and uncomfortable truths like KISS is at their lowest point ever now.

There are many other people here that don't have this problem and like what I have to say. I am sorry you are not one of them.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:21 am

SOME people here just have a huge problem with fan objectivity, the ability to be critical even about something you like and uncomfortable truths like KISS is at their lowest point ever now.

There are many other people here that don't have this problem and like what I have to say. I am sorry you are not one of them.
I for one, always enjoy what you have to say.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Kissoff wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:35 am

Thank you very much.
PassMeBy
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by PassMeBy »

Probably 'cuz you're just as negative and annoying.
2 flies from the same landfill, really.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

PassMeBy wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Or maybe he isn't thin skinned, uptight and sensitive to things that would bother a child, but shouldn't bother grown ass men.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Grand Classic wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:02 pm
PassMeBy wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Or maybe he isn't thin skinned, uptight and sensitive to things that would bother a child, but shouldn't bother grown ass men.
True that.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Can you give us a breakdown on the entertainment tiers?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Can you give us a breakdown on the entertainment tiers?
Why - do you have a problem understanding the quality difference between a movie with a dick and fart jokes that may still be entertaining, but isn't actually excellence in filmmaking like a Scorcese film? Let me help you here. Kevin Smith is on a much lower tier in this case.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

:x

I don't have an issue with your view. You can have it and express it.

Now if you would just afford me the same, without adding on the crap about accepting less, being upset, etc, etc.

If anyone is getting upset here or has a problem, it's you. You just won't accept a differing view to your own without belittling that view.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: ↑Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:05 pm :x

I don't have an issue with your view. You can have it and express it.

Now if you would just afford me the same, without adding on the crap about accepting less, being upset, etc, etc.

If anyone is getting upset here or has a problem, it's you. You just won't accept a differing view to your own without belittling that view.
If one is being objective and telling uncomfortable truths/facts no matter what it is - usually it is at the expense of someone who is being ignorant, naive or delusional in their views. Facts don't care about your feelings.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

I like how Grand Classic's notion of objectivity lines up exactly with his opinions. :P