New interview w/ Michael Doret (RNR Over Artist)

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
metalmike76
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

New interview w/ Michael Doret (RNR Over Artist)

Post by metalmike76 »

🔥New Episode🔥a chat with Michael Doret, the artist who designed the covers for “Rock and Roll Over” and “Sonic Boom”. Pretty cool insight.
Check it out:
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: New interview w/ Michael Doret (RNR Over Artist)

Post by KISSFACE »

Tsk, Paul. I would have just given him the title — “Sonic Boom!” — and let him run with his own instincts. See what would come of it, polish the idea as needed.

My bet is the album cover would then not only have been totally different but just as awesome as any before it.

Thrilled to hear there will finally be a Book on Doret’s work! That one should be in every graphic designer’s library.
metalmike76
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by metalmike76 »

KISSFACE wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm Tsk, Paul. I would have just given him the title — “Sonic Boom!” — and let him run with his own instincts. See what would come of it, polish the idea as needed.

My bet is the album cover would then not only have been totally different but just as awesome as any before it.

Thrilled to hear there will finally be a Book on Doret’s work! That one should be in every graphic designer’s library.
Agree...RARO truly spins....but does SB Boom? :lol:
Would have loved to have seen Michael just go nuts with it
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

KISSFACE wrote: ↑Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm Tsk, Paul. I would have just given him the title — “Sonic Boom!” — and let him run with his own instincts. See what would come of it, polish the idea as needed.

Another Kiss project derailed by Paul