Spending the day with KISS - 26 Years ago today!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Spending the day with KISS - 26 Years ago today!

Post by mbrunn »

26 years ago today I spent the day in NYC with KISS. This was a fun, but exhausting, day. 12 hours of KISS. Seminars, Q&A, museum prices on display, and a full acoustic concert. All for $100.

They also did autographs after the show, but I left. The lines were crazy and I was completely wiped out.

This is my video of the concert that day, which started with my (at the time) favorite KISS song Coming Home. This was my favorite all through the 80s and anyone who was a fan at that time knows this was a super deep cut from ‘74. Many fans I knew didn’t even know the song at that time. Seeing them perform that (and Shandi) was a dream come true that day. Awesome memories!

Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Spending the day with KISS - 26 Years ago today!

Post by Coventry1973 »

It was a great day.
This was the only one I went to. I wish I'd done at least another one.
BC Witch
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BC Witch »

Awesome post! Thank you! You can really see what a brilliant bass player Gene is in this.
Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

I was there! Sat right in front of Gene.

Best $100 I ever spent. Got my butt whooped during the autograph session, but it was worth it.
Tallbear13
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Tallbear13 »

Atlanta GA for me and it wasn't really a planned event I just remember my uncle saying hey theres a kiss convention in Atlanta wanna go ? Real quick yep from me and it was really cool seeing all the stuff and setlist was really great
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

Eddie Van Hazel wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:06 am I was there! Sat right in front of Gene.

Best $100 I ever spent. Got my butt whooped during the autograph session, but it was worth it.
We must have been right near each other.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

July 9th, 1995 in Nashville, Tennessee for me!! Wonderful time...
WI KISSfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by WI KISSfan »

If you count this as a "tour" it's the only one I've missed seeing since COTN.

Still regret not taking that trip to Chicago or Minneapolis.
warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 »

Awesome post, Mike. And thank you for sharing this amazing video.

My dad went that day and I remember being "too young" to be taken into the city to experience this. Plus I'm sure the $100 per played a factor, which was a lot in 1995. I was just a day away from my 8th birthday but was a diehard that already knew all the tunes. I remember being bummed when I couldn't go but I understood. I remember my dad also telling me that he would try to surprise me with some autographs but that didn't come to fruition. I know that the lines were ridiculously long and he said that Paul put down a stack of signed photos and about three people took them all, which sucked completely.

I loved going through your video and despite not physically being there, it made me feel that 1995 feeling all over again.
gothunder
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by gothunder »

Such good times. Saw SLC and Vegas two nights later. 8)
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I went to the Toronto one - got to ask Eric Singer and KISS some questions. I bought a Wicked Lester bootleg. It was a cool day.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

SF for me. Great day. Hugged Paul.
Eddie Van Hazel

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

We probably were Mike. Thanks for posting this.
I had this on VHS, but I have no clue where the tape is.

I wonder if that couple is still married?
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by MrPaulStanley »

mbrunn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:18 am 26 years ago today I spent the day in NYC with KISS. This was a fun, but exhausting, day. 12 hours of KISS. Seminars, Q&A, museum prices on display, and a full acoustic concert. All for $100.

They also did autographs after the show, but I left. The lines were crazy and I was completely wiped out.

This is my video of the concert that day, which started with my (at the time) favorite KISS song Coming Home. This was my favorite all through the 80s and anyone who was a fan at that time knows this was a super deep cut from ‘74. Many fans I knew didn’t even know the song at that time. Seeing them perform that (and Shandi) was a dream come true that day. Awesome memories!

I was at the Burbank show, fun and exhausting was exactly my experience too! I lived about 45 mins away, but got a room right there at the hotel and hung out with some fans at the bar after the event.

Even standing in line prior to the doors opening there was fun to be had chatting with other fans. The guy behind me had his face painted like Gene, complete with a top knot, and he brought his lunchbox with him to get signed. And agreed, totally worth the price of admission.