Touring vs New Music

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Touring vs New Music

Post by HOFCity »

Would KISS ( Paul ) reconsider recording if Touring is halted again due to Covid?

Here's the thing...yes, it's a good time going to a KISS show but in all honesty the show is a bit overkill and by a bit I mean the whole f'in show is so choreographed...from the synching pyro, vocals movements ect that it's paint by numbers at this point.

New music ? ....what's the downside? Paul's vocals...lol....this is the ' standard ' answer and of course it's BS so what is really the downside?

$$$$$....sure but wouldn't there be ....some money in releasing a new album? And wouldn't it be better than losing Touring money?

Money is money
Ratmir

Re: Touring vs New Music

Post by Ratmir »

KISS is not an intersting live band anymore. They havent sounded good for many years because of PAuls vocals and D tuning, but at least you could hope for something interesting when they were a live band.
With the lip syncing and playing to click it's the same show every day.

New music could be interesting, but honestly I'm more excited about possible future solo projects.
ZachAttack
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by ZachAttack »

A band the size of KISS wouldn't make money on a new album. It would cost more to make the album than it would earn in sales
Tommyr

Post by Tommyr »

HOFCity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 pm Would KISS ( Paul ) reconsider recording if Touring is halted again due to Covid?

Here's the thing...yes, it's a good time going to a KISS show but in all honesty the show is a bit overkill and by a bit I mean the whole f'in show is so choreographed...from the synching pyro, vocals movements ect that it's paint by numbers at this point.

New music ? ....what's the downside? Paul's vocals...lol....this is the ' standard ' answer and of course it's BS so what is really the downside?
Paul's voice IS the downside, he CAN NOT sing Kiss songs anymore. His voice is shot to hell. He's freaking lip syncing for Christ(tm) sake live.

Forget any new stuff, how many times does he have to say no more new music?
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

HOFcity... another thread about a studio album... again?

Please, man, give it a rest already. This doesn't seem healthy.

You've started so many threads about KISS vs. making new music. A HOFcity broken record is all you are getting.

We understand you will not rest easy until there is one last KISS record to sink your teeth into.

Understood.

You think another thread asking the fanbase about their opinions on a new KISS album is warranted? C'mon and love me, but the answers don't really change for you, do they? Many times you do not return to the thread you started. You start the conversation but then do not continue with it.

You don't like KISS' career trajectory at this point. You slag their live show. You complained about the Soundboard release. You repeatedly claim Paul can't sing. I really hope you get to a safe place inside where you can go on with life knowing there won't be another studio KISS album. You have even posted that Paul says flat out there will be no album, but, but. but... you don't want to believe, it seems.

A quick glance at your posts. Here are your own words as a reply to your own thread here.
HOFCity wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:12 pm This is something I just don't understand. While I absolutely love KISS music, I'd take new music by ANY former KISS member ( yes even VV ) over another...
...live recoding?
I mean what are people hoping to hear ?
How many live versions of the same songs do we need to hear.
God bless GnP.
Why record new music.....can't blame em really.
HOFCity wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:31 am Ticket sales have sealed the deal.
NO NEW KISS MUSIC EVER AGAIN....at least not by GnP.
To take time to record would take time out of their Milk Money and they would never allow that just for new...........MUSIC.
HOFCity wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 am From being mesmerized by them on album covers to falling in love with their sound and.experiencing them live it's been an amazing ride.
Now a days however, their shows are a snore fest and it's hard to get excited for Touring since the lead singer can barely talk let alone sing , there's no new music and it's the same show only now much slower due to their ages.
Personally, I wish they would just record however people still want to see this tired show , with tired musicians and tired setlist.
HOFCity wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:12 pm Paul doesn't know he can't sing ( shhhhhhh ), he just doesn't want to do a KISS album.
Sees no point in it because he's doing his own thing right now.
Once this documentary is aired and the Biopic starts getting some buzz I could definitely see one last KISS album happening.
KISS 50.
HOFCity wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:54 pm Well....that's that, No more KISS music coming

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject ... 4288001%2F
KISS isn't going to make you happy with a new studio album because there isn't going to be a new studio album. Archival releases are where the money is at, but who knows if that is even an option at this point.

Good luck.
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Only now is the show choreographed?

It's always been with KISS. Back in the heyday a knocked over mike stand or flubbed lyric was about as spontaneous as it got.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 am HOFcity... another thread about a studio album... again?

Please, man, give it a rest already. This doesn't seem healthy.

You've started so many threads about KISS vs. making new music. A HOFcity broken record is all you are getting.

We understand you will not rest easy until there is one last KISS record to sink your teeth into.

Understood.

You think another thread asking the fanbase about their opinions on a new KISS album is warranted? C'mon and love me, but the answers don't really change for you, do they? Many times you do not return to the thread you started. You start the conversation but then do not continue with it.
Over a week later. QFT.
Hi I'm Witz

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

Paul can't sing. Why are we still trying to act like that's not a thing? At this point, who wants to listen to Paul croak through 5 or 6 songs on a new KISS album?
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

CStomp1 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:51 pm Only now is the show choreographed?

It's always been with KISS. Back in the heyday a knocked over mike stand or flubbed lyric was about as spontaneous as it got.
They did play "Duece" as an extra song for the fans at the show Ace was electrocuted, rewarding them for their patience in waiting for the show to resume. They probably could do it then if they just simply played and there were no FX at all for the song. Today, probably like a minefield but maybe they can do it, maybe not.

As for new Kiss music, there will never be another new Kiss studio album. And considering the material on Monster, that's fine with me. The most to hope for is one or two new digital tracks, no idea why they don't do that. With the originals would be preferred, as otherwise, who is going to care. No one.
KlassicKISS54
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by KlassicKISS54 »

I guarantee you they're working on another revenue making scheme, because you can BANK this tour will get paused again. Its already happening throughout the country.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

HOFCity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 pm Would KISS ( Paul ) reconsider recording if Touring is halted again due to Covid?

$$$$$....sure but wouldn't there be ....some money in releasing a new album? And wouldn't it be better than losing Touring money?

Money is money
Money is money and recording clearly doesn't make them much. If it did, they'd still be doing it, regardless of how shitty it might come out. It doesn't make them anything worthwhile so they don't bother.

See you next week.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Tommyr wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 am Paul's voice IS the downside
... yep.