Australian Tour 2021

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
acegene
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Australian Tour 2021

Post by acegene »

With all the covid crap going on here in Aust i have a sinking gut feeling that the tour will not go ahead.
If it does not happen i only hope its postponed and not cancelled.
Also my guess G n R tour wont happen. :( :( :( :(
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: Australian Tour 2021

Post by Mr Slow »

At the current vax rate we’ll have 10-12 million fully vaccinated by November. I think if anybody wants to be travelling interstate or going to concerts and other populated events they’ll be pretty keen to get the jab. As little as a week or so ago I was worried but in recent days I’ve seen a shift in public opinion and I think we might be ok.
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

You think?.. This rescheduled tour wasn't going to happen the minute the delta variant spread here. Get a refund if you can.
TheGoodDr
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by TheGoodDr »

I highly doubt KISS will be stepping foot into Australia in 2021.
"10 - 12million fully vaccinated by November" does not represent the required 80% of the population being vaccinated to stop lock-downs/border closures.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Low vaccination rates and megalomaniac State Premiers will shut the tour down.

I'll get my refund and use it to give my pinball machine an overhaul.
wayfarer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by wayfarer »

Hopefully rescheduled to 2022...I highly doubt KISS or GnR will be here in November but the trigger won't be pulled until September/October for an announcement...

As I've said in previous posts there is less than 14 days between the end of the KISS KRUISE and the first show in Perth either one has to be cancelled to accommodate the other...I'm tipping Oz will be bumped to 2022...
Tail of a hurricane
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

Nope. Our eratic premiers and health departments will put a stop too it.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Wasn't the date of first show less than 2 weeks after the Kruise? Smelt a bit fishy from the start, there goes the 2 weeks quarantine.
wayfarer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by wayfarer »

Den Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:36 pm Wasn't the date of first show less than 2 weeks after the Kruise? Smelt a bit fishy from the start, there goes the 2 weeks quarantine.
Yes! I think it's 12 days to be exact not counting travel time to Oz where they would lose 2 days coming from the US...

I think the South American dates will be bumped again too...
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

At this point I wouldn't care even if I was living in Australia.
Australia has chosen the crazy route of trying to recude cases to zero. So with that goal the concerts probably will not hapen this year, but there is a good chance they will not happen later either. There will inevitably be new strains, etc.
If KISS were still a great live band I would be uposet, but in their current state people are not missing that much.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Ratmir wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm At this point I wouldn't care even if I was living in Australia.
Australia has chosen the crazy route of trying to recude cases to zero. So with that goal the concerts probably will not hapen this year, but there is a good chance they will not happen later either. There will inevitably be new strains, etc.
If KISS were still a great live band I would be uposet, but in their current state people are not missing that much.
Yeah how crazy of us to think our weak and vulnerable are important…really do people think before they post? We aren’t naive, we are keeping cases low to save lives til we get enough vaccine, we ain’t doing it for kicks!
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

drgbootz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:28 am
Ratmir wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 pm At this point I wouldn't care even if I was living in Australia.
Yeah how crazy of us to think our weak and vulnerable are important…really do people think before they post? We aren’t naive, we are keeping cases low to save lives til we get enough vaccine, we ain’t doing it for kicks!
You can think what you want. Future will tell if not living the life for 2 years (and with this strategy it will go on for much longer) is worth it. And if any lives will be saved in the long run.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 am
You can think what you want. Future will tell if not living the life for 2 years (and with this strategy it will go on for much longer) is worth it. And if any lives will be saved in the long run.
We will have offered most of our population here 2 doses by end of year and then the plan is to open…we ain’t no ex eastern block country here, we care about the greater good, we only secured enough doses to do this last month and they arrive in stages..but you can continue thinking what you like about a situation you know nothing about
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

drgbootz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 am
We will have offered most of our population here 2 doses by end of year and then the plan is to open…we ain’t no ex eastern block country here, we care about the greater good, we only secured enough doses to do this last month and they arrive in stages..but you can continue thinking what you like about a situation you know nothing about
Eastern block are a definition of botching things for the greater good. Again, time will tell how things turn out.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:07 am

Eastern block are a definition of botching things for the greater good. Again, time will tell how things turn out.
Indeed but our lives saved is a triumph, that’s not crazy
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

drgbootz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:14 am
Again, I'm not convinced any lives will be saved in the long run. I think lives will be ruined. But I'm not gonna argue about that here.
We not gonna agree on this. I think the policy is crazy. You disagree, it's ok.

The good thing is - you probably won't bee seeing this lip syncing version of KISS soon.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:29 am

Again, I'm not convinced any lives will be saved in the long run. I think lives will be ruined. But I'm not gonna argue about that here.

The good thing is - you probably won't bee seeing this lip syncing version of KISS soon.
I will be seeing them again in Europe next year and have already seen them on the EOTR tour, I once gave you a free upgrade ticket in Manchester, you seemed an unhappy person then too lol
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

drgbootz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 am

I will be seeing them again in Europe next year and have already seen them on the EOTR tour, I once gave you a free upgrade ticket in Manchester, you seemed an unhappy person then too lol
It was a great show and I was happy to see it) you probably got that impression because I was confused with different accents. Be sure I'm grateful for the tickets :)
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:54 am

It was a great show and I was happy to see it) you probably got that impression because I was confused with different accents. Be sure I'm grateful for the tickets :)
British accents can be a pain - you can travel 30 miles and people will sound like they're speaking a different language from where you started off from!
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Asking for ZERO cases, before lifting all restrictions or stating that it is "safe enough" or whatever Australia was doing was and is very unrealistic because COVID will eventually be endemic after the pandemic phase is over and there will be new strains like you said. There will never be zero cases.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

BeholderFan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:01 am
Asking for ZERO cases, before lifting all restrictions or stating that it is "safe enough" or whatever Australia was doing was and is very unrealistic because COVID will eventually be endemic after the pandemic phase is over and there will be new strains like you said. There will never be zero cases.
Especially now CDC has confirmed that the Delta strain is as transmissible as chickenpox.
So in the U.S. it's back to wearing masks.
JohnBergless
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by JohnBergless »

Go to YouTube. Search “Classic KISS Concert”. Scroll through until you find one you like. Tap “play”, tap full screen mode, then Turn up your volume. Enjoy it. Reminisce in it. Sadly I think this is what we’ve become now. I don’t see KISS Kissing anywhere in the foreseeable future…………
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 am
Ratmir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:54 am

British accents can be a pain - you can travel 30 miles and people will sound like they're speaking a different language from where you started off from!
Yes. I originally learned American English (thanks KISS), so I had a hard time understanding British English (the one that you see on tv). And just when I thought I was getting ok at it, I went to the UK and got to hear how different the accents are in places just a few miles apart from each other.
I didn’t understand most things at all 😆
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

jannep17 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:52 am
Especially now CDC has confirmed that the Delta strain is as transmissible as chickenpox.
So in the U.S. it's back to wearing masks.
Until unvaccinated people realize that they need to get the jab to build up herd immunity, so we don't have to wear masks forever.

Now, on the other hand, you have the "chicken little" peeps who want to lockdown the world and have us masked forever until it is "safe enough," meaning "zero covid cases," which as I said, is also unrealistic. SMFH.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

210 cases in NSW today.

6 new cases in QLD

I cannot see how the Feds will even allow KISS and GunsNRoses into Australia. Secondly, they won't be able to fill the stadium for Gunners or Arenas for KISS. Sell out crowds will not be allowed remainder of this year.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

I dont think the Government will be allowing you to leave the country to see them, assuming you are in still Oz right now.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 pm At the current vax rate we’ll have 10-12 million fully vaccinated by November. I think if anybody wants to be travelling interstate or going to concerts and other populated events they’ll be pretty keen to get the jab. As little as a week or so ago I was worried but in recent days I’ve seen a shift in public opinion and I think we might be ok.
Regardless I hope it works out for you you're a great fan.
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

Are the sharks vaccinated?
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Not sure where the notion of asking for ZERO cases has come from. I live an hour from Sydney and I've never heard anyone say that was the goal.

Minimum community transmissions is what I've heard. With increasing vaccinations that is achievable. And that's the goal. Get vaccination numbers up to an acceptable level and then open up.
Lung Butter
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lung Butter »

TheGoodDr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 pm I highly doubt KISS will be stepping foot into Australia in 2021.
"10 - 12million fully vaccinated by November" does not represent the required 80% of the population being vaccinated to stop lock-downs/border closures.
Meanwhile the border is wide open here in America! During a pandemic. Go figure
The Good Dr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by The Good Dr »

"Meanwhile the border is wide open here in America! During a pandemic. Go figure"

Just nuts. How many dead now? And daily infections on the up and up.....
Lung Butter
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lung Butter »

Our government here in America is definitely talking out of both sides of their mouths. On one had it’s the worst virus yet and on the other hand over 1 million illegal aliens have crossed the southern border flown and bused into the interior of the country without any testing being done. Unbelievable!!
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

People with two vaccinations can still carry the same amount of the delta variant and spread it like anyone else. And long covid sounds scary, so I'll remain in hiding thank you... Over here (northern Europe) festivals can now be organized like nothing happened. It's crazy
Lung Butter
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lung Butter »

We’re all being played!
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

steveh67 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:32 pm

I dont think the Government will be allowing you to leave the country to see them, assuming you are in still Oz right now.
June next year hopefully we will be good to go
Four-Who-Are-One
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Brewer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 pm Are the sharks vaccinated?

No, and the whales keep border hopping!