Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hill

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Paul’s quote on the passing of Dusty Hill

Post by firekiss »

This place needs to be renamed Dr Kiss FAQ.

So many mental health experts here.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:59 am
Tbond wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:30 am The tweet is classless.

Kiss is a big successful rock band, we GET it.

Funny how he didn't mention that Eliminator outsold all of Kiss' 80's albums COMBINED, and in 1983 ZZ Top buried them in airplay, public consciousness, MTV, etc.

Guess that didn't fit the narrative.
This place becomes more of a cesspool every day thanks to the vermin that contaminate it. Seriously! 🙄
Cesspool is a pretty strong characterization. You could be right.

My main disappointment with this place is that it seems as if literally no one is open to learning anything. No open minds. There's no possibility of teaching anyone anything, or even inducing them to think outside the box, because they think they already know everything, are 100.00% convinced that what they think they know is 100.00% accurate and valid, and have zero desire to even consider, let alone internalize and accommodate, new information, no matter how tactfully and rationally it's presented.

Arguing and debating and having opinions, even strong ones, is one thing. But refusing to be open to learning or to being enlightened is a palpable disorder.
kmints5723
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by kmints5723 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 pm
69th_B1izard wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:33 pm Did ZZTOP recently open for KISS? Or was that on some festival?
This says they were “very special guests” of KISS.
0F1ADFF6-D9F8-4E23-854E-8C0004FA2909.jpeg
Nibbs is the best!
You can always count on him to answer all things KISS.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

DonnaDixon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Funny how he didn't mention that Eliminator outsold all of Kiss' 80's albums COMBINED, and in 1983 ZZ Top buried them in airplay, public consciousness, MTV, etc.

This place becomes more of a cesspool every day thanks to the vermin that contaminate it. Seriously! 🙄

My main disappointment with this place is that it seems as if literally no one is open to learning anything. No open minds. There's no possibility of teaching anyone anything, or even inducing them to think outside the box, because they think they already know everything, are 100.00% convinced that what they think they know is 100.00% accurate and valid, and have zero desire to even consider, let alone internalize and accommodate, new information, no matter how tactfully and rationally it's presented.

Arguing and debating and having opinions, even strong ones, is one thing. But refusing to be open to learning or to being enlightened is a palpable disorder.
What is there to really learn at this point about KISS if you have been a hard core fan since the 70's and pretty much consumed every bit of information and minutia about the band?

It also seems like you are implying that you are in a position to teach people here - believing that you know more than others, but no one wants to listen to you or they think you are wrong.
King Of Hearts
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by King Of Hearts »

I have tickets to see ZZ Top for the first time in my life Saturday night. Even if they play, it will not be the same. R.I.P. Dusty.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:59 pm

What is there to really learn at this point about KISS if you have been a hard core fan since the 70's and pretty much consumed every bit of information and minutia about the band?

It also seems like you are implying that you are in a position to teach people here - believing that you know more than others, but no one wants to listen to you or they think you are wrong.
There will always be more to learn about KISS. :)
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:08 pm

You mean Gene really does have a cow's tongue grafted on to his?
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:14 pm
southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:08 pm

You mean Gene really does have a cow's tongue grafted on to his?
Yes. He also worships the Devil. Satan whispered Knights in Satan’s Service in his ear.

The blood he spits is not fake. He keeps a tour truck with a morgue in the back. That is real human blood.

Peter Criss is not from Brooklyn. He grew up overseas with wild tigers.

This could not be news to you! I must surely be preaching to the choir! LOL! :?
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

I didn't read that implication into DDs comment at all. Some people just want to be closed-minded and confrontational, as your closing comment seems to demonstrate.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Wichita77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm

I didn't read that implication into DDs comment at all. Some people just want to be closed-minded and confrontational, as your closing comment seems to demonstrate.
Well I did say "it seems" and to be fair, DD's posts on the forum do back up my assumption.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

I agree with you DD. You can almost predict by the avatar what the response to a post will be. Rarely do you see someone go... "you know, you may be right about that." I've participated in debates and watched debates where someone clearly proved a point while their opponent kept swinging aimlessly hoping to land a punch.

Personally, I've had my mind changed a few times while I've been here. I've seen the merits in some albums that I wrote off long ago as being terrible. Now I'm enjoying music I once hated, simply because I don't mind being proven wrong.

That's a real win.
ZachAttack
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by ZachAttack »

I'm not really sure how anyone can defend Paul on this one. What he said was so obviously passive-agressive.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

DD is the guy that insists the only reason people like the Stones is because of payola and that anyone who disagrees is brainwashed.

:lol:
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Wichita77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:31 pm

I agree with you DD. You can almost predict by the avatar what the response to a post will be. Rarely do you see someone go... "you know, you may be right about that." I've participated in debates and watched debates where someone clearly proved a point while their opponent kept swinging aimlessly hoping to land a punch.

Personally, I've had my mind changed a few times while I've been here. I've seen the merits in some albums that I wrote off long ago as being terrible. Now I'm enjoying music I once hated, simply because I don't mind being proven wrong.

That's a real win.
WE WON
peterparker78
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by peterparker78 »

Side-stepping Paul's comments which were repeated on Planet Rock Radio, it was ZZ Top's Eliminator album that I used to help introduce my kid brother to rock / metal, 'the 3 videos', you know the ones, constantly shown on TV helped also. RIP Dusty Hill.....
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

kmints5723 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:58 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:54 pm
69th_B1izard wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:33 pm Did ZZTOP recently open for KISS? Or was that on some festival?
This says they were “very special guests” of KISS.
0F1ADFF6-D9F8-4E23-854E-8C0004FA2909.jpeg
Nibbs is the best!
You can always count on him to answer all things KISS.
One is glad to be of service.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

I'm laughing because DD actually said all that stuff to a poster who is well-known here for blasting people's opinions, correcting everyone and being nasty. I guess I'm just part of the "vermin" here tho'.

Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

redinthesky wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:13 pm

I'm laughing because DD actually said all that stuff to a poster who is well-known here for blasting people's opinions, correcting everyone and being nasty. I guess I'm just part of the "vermin" here tho'.

Absolutely. DD is the wrong guy to defend here.

Yes, we are all vermin to KISSUnmaskedII - I mean Mr. Slow.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

In the Suds wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 pm
DD is the guy that insists the only reason people like the Stones is because of payola and that anyone who disagrees is brainwashed.

So your mind is made up about DD I see. DD couldn't possibly make a valid point after the Stones comment, huh?
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm This place needs to be renamed Dr Kiss FAQ.

Mostly just mental.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

The Gospel according to FAQers!
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm This place needs to be renamed Dr Kiss FAQ.

Maybe there are. Who knows what people do here for a living. I guess Dr. Jesse Hilsen - who Paul put in charge of managing KISS would know for sure.
Vinniefan123
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Vinniefan123 »

southernkiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:10 pm Does anyone here have training in clinical psychotherapy? If so, you should try to recruit Paul as a client. If you can jump to so many conclusions about his psyche from his Tweets, you could make a career out of him if he really emotionally opened up to you about how he feels about other people.

I see a psychotherapist every week. The only thing we talk about is what I have Tweeted. As a matter of fact, we do not even discuss it. I read my Tweets verbatim because they are what is in my heart and show my innermost emotions. After each session of sharing my Tweets, she gives a full psychoanalysis of my thoughts regarding jealousy, apathy/empathy toward others, and my self esteem. I told her she should use her expertise to read Paul’s Tweets and discuss them on this board.
Your therapy sessions would be better spent just going over your posts on this board instead of Twitter. She might be able to help you if she sees what you write and how you attack people here
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Maybe there are. Who knows what people do here for a living. I guess Dr. Jesse Hilsen - who Paul put in charge of managing KISS would know for sure.
To get an idea of whether or not someone is a mental health expert, all that must be done is to read their Tweets. Twitter has actually made getting a Ph.D in psychology superfluous.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Wichita77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:36 pm

So your mind is made up about DD I see. DD couldn't possibly make a valid point after the Stones comment, huh?
Well, there's also the fact that he's very obviously a returning banned member, and is extremely rude and abusive and trolls nonstop

But yeah, the Stones stuff will do. Do you think reasonable people say things like that?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 pm

To get an idea of whether or not someone is a mental health expert, all that must be done is to read their Tweets. Twitter has actually made getting a Ph.D in psychology superfluous.
Well its not like we don't have 50 years of endless Paul quotes, actions and decisions to come to some reasonable conclusions. Not to mention his own book, which makes him look terrible.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Vinniefan123 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:57 pm
southernkiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:10 pm Does anyone here have training in clinical psychotherapy? If so, you should try to recruit Paul as a client. If you can jump to so many conclusions about his psyche from his Tweets, you could make a career out of him if he really emotionally opened up to you about how he feels about other people.

I see a psychotherapist every week. The only thing we talk about is what I have Tweeted. As a matter of fact, we do not even discuss it. I read my Tweets verbatim because they are what is in my heart and show my innermost emotions. After each session of sharing my Tweets, she gives a full psychoanalysis of my thoughts regarding jealousy, apathy/empathy toward others, and my self esteem. I told her she should use her expertise to read Paul’s Tweets and discuss them on this board.
Your therapy sessions would be better spent just going over your posts on this board instead of Twitter. She might be able to help you if she sees what you write and how you attack people here
She said that after seeing my Tweets, she does not need to see anything else from me. From my Tweets, she can tell that I am an apathetic, insecure, egotistical, narcissistic asshole.

I tried to tell her about the meals I cook for other people. She said that if I did not Tweet about it, it is not in my heart to cook meals for other people at no charge.

I told her how saddened I was when my aunt passed away. She said that if I did not Tweet about it, then I never really was saddened by it.

I told her about losing my virginity. She told me that if I had never tweeted about it, then I must still be a virgin.

I then showed her my Tweet about my 4,000 pound pet elephant that I get by on feeding for just $100 a week. She said that no matter how crazy that sounded, if I Tweeted about it, then it must be true!

She then showed me her thesis from grad school. I looked over it and noticed it had over 1,000 citations. When I asked her why all the citations were from Twitter, she replied that Twitter is a scholarly resource and all Tweets are peer reviewed.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Yeah, I seriously doubt it.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Paul doesn't strike you as someone that a mental health expert might have a field day with?
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

In the Suds wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Well, there's also the fact that he's very obviously a returning banned member, and is extremely rude and abusive and trolls nonstop

But yeah, the Stones stuff will do. Do you think reasonable people say things like that?
I am not defending DDs character or record or position on past issues. Frankly, I have not paid enough attention to him to comment on that. I was only referencing the part of his post that I did agree with, about how some people do seem to be closed-minded, insulting, confrontational and unwilling think beyond their own set-in-stone opinions.

Those people are no more fun than the trolls and the people who get banned IMO, as there is no point in even trying to get through to them.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Wichita77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 pm
In the Suds wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 pm

I am not defending DDs character or record or position on past issues. Frankly, I have not paid enough attention to him to comment on that. I was only referencing the part of his post that I did agree with, about how some people do seem to be closed-minded, insulting, confrontational and unwilling think beyond their own set-in-stone opinions.

Those people are no more fun than the trolls and the people who get banned IMO, as there is no point in even trying to get through to them.

Okay. I'm just saying that's not really a reasonable person. Which is not to say I think GC is all that reasonable either. :lol:
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Paul doesn't strike you as someone that a mental health expert might have a field day with?
No idea. I'm not a mental health expert.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 pm

I am sure you can take 50 years of his actions, endless quotes and decisions - not to mention his book and come to some sort of reasonable viewpoint.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm

I am sure you can take 50 years of his actions, endless quotes and decisions - not to mention his book and come to some sort of reasonable viewpoint.
My viewpoint is that some fans are angry with some of his words and actions and are making assumptions on his mental health based on their own wants and needs.

I doubt a mental health expert would generalise 50 years of quotes and decisions without seeing and analyzing them in context.

Truthfully, my view is that Paul is human. I think if all of us lived our life under the same microscope he does, with every word taken literally and available 50 years later, we might all be considered candidates for mental health treatment.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 pm

My viewpoint is that some fans are angry with some of his words and actions and are making assumptions on his mental health based on their own wants and needs.

I doubt a mental health expert would generalise 50 years of quotes and decisions without seeing and analyzing them in context.

Truthfully, my view is that Paul is human. I think if all of us lived our life under the same microscope he does, with every word taken literally and available 50 years later, we might all be considered candidates for mental health treatment.
Well correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may have said that I need to get mental health help at one point over the years, so you seemed pretty sure there with your diagnosis. :)
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

There should be a limit on how many posts you can do in one thread.
We get these ping pong matches with mudslinging and it's impossible to find the posts that are actually insightful and interesting to read.
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:45 pm
firekiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Well correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may have said that I need to get mental health help at one point over the years, so you seemed pretty sure there with your diagnosis. :)
I may have.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

jannep17 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:55 pm There should be a limit on how many posts you can do in one thread.
We get these ping pong matches with mudslinging and it's impossible to find the posts that are actually insightful and interesting to read.
The mudslinging should be done on Twitter.com.
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

Are you actually for real with this? I kept waiting for the punchline, but it never came. Why the hell would he need to get into album sales? And if he did you clowns would find a reason to complain about it anyway!

Paul said:
“What an icon”
“So unique”
“Always a gentleman”
“Thank you”

All that is classless? Talk about focusing on the negative. Unbelievable! This place becomes more of a cesspool every day thanks to the vermin that contaminate it. Seriously! 🙄
Apologies for this. Looking back it’s pretty clear I overreacted. I have my moments with the Paul/KISS bashers but calling them vermin was a bit out of line.

My only excuse is I had a very hard day/week at work. I look after very damaged children and without going into details I heard a story about a poor, broken 10 year old girl yesterday that would make your skin crawl. I came here looking for an escape and kinda lost it over something pretty minor. Sorry FAQers.
Last edited by Mr Slow on Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheKISSProject7312
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by TheKISSProject7312 »

So how about that Dusty Hill, huh?
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

In the Suds wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:02 pm
Okay. I'm just saying that's not really a reasonable person. Which is not to say I think GC is all that reasonable either. :lol:

Thanks for the info.

In a related story, it is nice to have an enlightening exchange with someone here where we could be civil, listen to each other, and find common ground at the same time.
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

I read it and rolled my eyes I must be honest, but maybe I’m just looking for fault cause he can be prissy and condescending
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

drgbootz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:03 am I read it and rolled my eyes I must be honest, but maybe I’m just looking for fault cause he can be prissy and condescending
If that is the case, his fans take right after him! LOL! Look at all of the insults traded throughout this thread! :lol:
lord71

Post by lord71 »

'Complete off-topic. Sorry.

How come you have already over 4k messages and have been member for ONE year?? That's 15 posts per day?
Congrats! :lol:

I must be one lousy MF having under 4k posts in 14 years...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

lord71 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:22 am

How come you have already over 4k messages and have been member for ONE year?? That's 15 posts per day?

Yes, yes you are. I have always been a very prolific writer in all aspects of life.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

You are unnecessarily upping your post count by posting off topic. LOL! What can I say? I am doing that, too! :lol:
Doose

Post by Doose »

Here's someone secure with who they are:

Nancy Wilson
11h ·
I met Dusty in Canada when Heart was opening up for ZZ. He said “say, you play pretty good for a girl”.
I knew he actually meant it as a compliment. In Canada they were always called “Zed Zed Top” as I still call them to this day. Dusty will be missed.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Dusty Hill and a Dusty Pill.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

That's not really fair, look at MY total! THere's a difference between simply making a basic comment (like, "Yes ITA! Great album!") and actually getting involved in discussions and have a back-and-forth. One discussion can maybe even add ten, twenty "posts" to your count. It's all about how you choose to participate.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

EXACTLY.