Gene's Twitter

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Nosferatu1974
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Gene's Twitter

Post by Nosferatu1974 »

Today, I did something I never thought I'd do...unfollowed Gene Simmons.

Dude is my hero, but it's exhausting seeing him post nothing but the same CNN/NBC articles that we all can easily find ourselves and clog up our newsfeed every day. That is not why I follow him. Makes me wonder if he is getting PAID to do this. Scrolling through now and I see NOTHING about KISS, music or merch, just Covid, Bitcoin and Politics.

Does he not think we can find all this stuff on our own? Does he think we go to his page to get updates on Covid news?

I remember back in the day when the letters section of GeneSimmons.com was so exciting - how I long for those days again.
Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Gene's Twitter

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

Nosferatu1974 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:46 am Today, I did something I never thought I'd do...unfollowed Gene Simmons.

Dude is my hero, but it's exhausting seeing him post nothing but the same CNN/NBC articles that we all can easily find ourselves and clog up our newsfeed every day. That is not why I follow him. Makes me wonder if he is getting PAID to do this. Scrolling through now and I see NOTHING about KISS, music or merch, just Covid, Bitcoin and Politics.

Does he not think we can find all this stuff on our own? Does he think we go to his page to get updates on Covid news?

I remember back in the day when the letters section of GeneSimmons.com was so exciting - how I long for those days again.
The irony in that tweet! Oh, the irony!
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

Nosferatu1974 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:46 am Today, I did something I never thought I'd do...unfollowed Gene Simmons.
It's his personal account, not a band account.

Kudos to exercising your right to change the channel, although I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell everyone.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

On the whole, Twitter is not necessary. Forcing people to limit their thoughts to 140 characters only encourages people to express less thoughts.
Nosferatu1974

Post by Nosferatu1974 »

Arrogant wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:52 am

Kudos to exercising your right to change the channel, although I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell everyone.
Because I'm sure there are a lot of people thinking the same thing. His page just comes off like spam. It's all re-tweets - no original thoughts or information. It's like the opposite of how Gene used to be.

Kudos to Paul, at least he is posting some interesting stuff once in a while.
Last edited by Nosferatu1974 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uzi_of_Ooze

Post by Uzi_of_Ooze »

I unfollowed him several months ago. His feed wasn't entertaining.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I think in SOME cases, there are important issues that need to be talked about - no matter who you are.

There are WAY too many Americans who are dumb as fuck when it comes to Covid, so if Gene or any celebrity can help convince these idiots to get their shot, then good on them.

Keep in mind too that Gene sort of has an ulterior motive here as well. The sooner people in America wake up, the sooner he can tour and make money.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Nosferatu1974 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:57 am
Arrogant wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:52 am

Because I'm sure there are a lot of people thinking the same thing. His page just comes off like spam. It's all re-tweets - no original thoughts or information. It's like the opposite of how Gene used to be.
Is that not everyone’s Twitter? LOL!
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

southernkiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:57 am On the whole, Twitter is not necessary. Forcing people to limit their thoughts to 140 characters only encourages people to express less thoughts.
It's been 280 characters since 2017.

Fewer thoughts.
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Does every member of Kizz eat their words? Yes.

Is it a gigantic deal? Usually not. (Exception: Lip syncing is a damn shame.)

Celebrity millionaires are just like everyone else… in that their social media profiles reflect their own passions & beliefs.

You don’t like it? Don’t follow em. (Which you did.)

Lastly: Gene’s posts are correct. The January 6, 2021 Insurrection was a terrorist attack. It was carried out by murderous, traitorous psychopaths, who should be punished & jailed for their crimes against America.

Perhaps Gene thinks that eating his own words is not a big deal in this instance, given the magnitude of importance in the moment. That’s what I think.
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am I think in SOME cases, there are important issues that need to be talked about - no matter who you are.

There are WAY too many Americans who are dumb as fuck when it comes to Covid, so if Gene or any celebrity can help convince these idiots to get their shot, then good on them.

Keep in mind too that Gene sort of has an ulterior motive here as well. The sooner people in America wake up, the sooner he can tour and make money.
+1
Agreed
BarkBlue
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by BarkBlue »

I haven't gone out of my way to listen to a word Gene has said for decades. He's long thought that he was some sort of financial guru and then he moved onto social and political matters.

However, when 90% of social media replies are telling him (and Paul) how awesome he is, then why would he think people aren't interested? Self importance is his whole persona.

I think I was in my teens when I first said, "well, if I had to like all of the people in the bands I listen to, I'd be as well binning most of my recorod collection." The quicker we realise that most 'celebrities' are asses, the better.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

I do not think one can intimately understand someone and draw conclusions about them based on social media. I am proud to say that I do not have accounts with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

I am a social person and love to get together with others and chat in person. IMO, social media cheapens that experience.
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

Or, maybe we are in the midst of a global pandemic and Gene is doing his duty as a citizen with a platform to inform people to do the right thing and go get a fucking shot. Not sure when this country became a bunch of anti-science babies.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Curveboy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 pm

Or, maybe we are in the midst of a global pandemic and Gene is doing his duty as a citizen with a platform to inform people to do the right thing and go get a fucking shot. Not sure when this country became a bunch of anti-science babies.
Anti-science is many centuries older than this country.
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

I think some of these celebs get paid to have someone "run" the account, and in turn, they get to post a bunch of nonsense.
FIX
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FIX »

Gene thinks he’s smarter and (probably) better than you. That’s the unfortunate reality I have witnessed. If you think about him coming from that point of view, it kind of explains it all. He’s a preachy bore at this point. IMO, anyone who thinks they need to educate you, or feels like it’s their position in life to be dictate to you, have lost the plot.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

I unfollowed both Gene and Paul. Not because I necessarily disagree with what they say, but I am interested in Kiss as a band and the music. And they practically never tweet about music. Perhaps once in a blue moon, they tweet from a rehearsal or something.
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

⬆️ We agree.

That was 5 years ago. (Unfortunately.)
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Celebs need to STFU about politics. It's killing them at the box office. Athletes need to shut up also. Almost every sporting event has had a massive ratings decline, including the Oylmpics.
Jasper
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Jasper »

richardsimmons wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:03 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am I think in SOME cases, there are important issues that need to be talked about - no matter who you are.

+1
Agreed

I was just about to say that's a very cynical view GC when I read further down and noticed richardsimmons had already agreed.

Very cynical - but probably very true ! 😃

Think you hit the nail squarely on the head ! 👍
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

Jasper wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:10 pm I was just about to say that's a very cynical view GC when I read further down and noticed richardsimmons had already agreed.

Very cynical - but probably very true ! 😃

Think you hit the nail squarely on the head ! 👍
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Yes he has become a postal service for news and opinion people can find elsewhere…I agree with his vax stance but I don’t need him to be a news anchor
CHRIS ARMY

Post by CHRIS ARMY »

I agree with his post. Now he needs to tell Paul that. His ass won't shut the fuck on twitter. I remember back in the day, when they were asked about politics, they would decline to answer.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

I follow nobody. Matters of health I consult my doctors. I don’t need drama or people’s opinions.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Gene, you Twitter-feed-spamming bastard!!
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Gene's on Twitter???? Had no idea.
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

:lol:
detroit_01
Banned
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

richardsimmons wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:02 pm Does every member of Kizz eat their words? Yes.

Is it a gigantic deal? Usually not. (Exception: Lip syncing is a damn shame.) kiss today is a JOKE

Celebrity millionaires are just like everyone else… in that their social media profiles reflect their own passions & beliefs. $$$ is gene's agenda.

You don’t like it? Don’t follow em. (Which you did.) right.

Lastly: Gene’s posts are correct. The January 6, 2021 Insurrection was a terrorist attack. It was carried out by murderous, traitorous psychopaths, who should be punished & jailed for their crimes against America. yeah... ANTIFA dressed up as patriots. yep. jan 6th was NOT a terrorist attack. you watch too much leftist news trash... ask nutzi piglosi about her refusal to send in more police...

Perhaps Gene thinks that eating his own words is not a big deal in this instance, given the magnitude of importance in the moment. That’s what I think.
gene sold his property in beverly hills because he knows what the marxists are gonna do in california... period.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Maybe I'm too old or something, but I can't bring myself to give a flying fuck about what any celeb posts on social media. It's an artificial medium to start with but you'll always get the dickheads who will brag about being blocked by Gene or Paul etc for whatever reason - because they've been noticed.

We've created a society that loves to be offended, and loves the platform that allows them to express their offence, and then gather likes which reinforces their perspective. We've seen it here on the Paul threads, with all the "he posted a picture on his bicycle, what a bastard" responses. :lol:

I think Gene is awesome, but I don't really care about what he has to say on any subject other than Kiss.
southernkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by southernkiss »

Kissoff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:06 pm Gene's on Twitter???? Had no idea.
Yes. I threw out his autobiography the other day because all I need to do is follow him on Twitter.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:09 pm Maybe I'm too old or something, but I can't bring myself to give a flying fuck about what any celeb posts on social media. It's an artificial medium to start with but you'll always get the dickheads who will brag about being blocked by Gene or Paul etc for whatever reason - because they've been noticed.

We've created a society that loves to be offended, and loves the platform that allows them to express their offence, and then gather likes which reinforces their perspective. We've seen it here on the Paul threads, with all the "he posted a picture on his bicycle, what a bastard" responses. :lol:

I think Gene is awesome, but I don't really care about what he has to say on any subject other than Kiss.
This seems a little ironic from you when it comes to posts on here:

We've created a society that loves to be offended
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

detroit_01 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm gene sold his property in beverly hills because he knows what the marxists are gonna do in california... period.
Please, tell us more about how terribly evil things are in 1 of the most desirable towns in America. #yawn
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:14 pm
TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:09 pm Maybe I'm too old or something, but I can't bring myself to give a flying fuck about what any celeb posts on social media. It's an artificial medium to start with but you'll always get the dickheads who will brag about being blocked by Gene or Paul etc for whatever reason - because they've been noticed.

It's just my opinion, I'm not presenting it as irrefutable fact, as you have a habit of doing. Try to roll with that, for once.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 pm

It's just my opinion, I'm not presenting it as irrefutable fact, as you have a habit of doing. Try to roll with that, for once.
I am not saying it isn't true. I am saying you have been one on here that seems to love to be offended, but I will say you have gotten much better. :D
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:27 pm

I am not saying it isn't true. I am saying you have been one on here that seems to love to be offended, but I will say you have gotten much better. :D
Thanks man, I'll be sure to pass on future posts so you can Quality Review them.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:29 pm

Thanks man, I'll be sure to pass on future posts so you can Quality Review them.
Please do. It's the only way you are going to learn.

Have a good day.
6ftallamericanman
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by 6ftallamericanman »

:cheers: :salut:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Have a good day.
Thank you for your approval. Your opinion means a vast amount to me.
SpinningAcorn
Banned
Banned

Post by SpinningAcorn »

richardsimmons wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:02 pm Does every member of Kizz eat their words? Yes.

Is it a gigantic deal? Usually not. (Exception: Lip syncing is a damn shame.)

Celebrity millionaires are just like everyone else… in that their social media profiles reflect their own passions & beliefs.

You don’t like it? Don’t follow em. (Which you did.)

Lastly: Gene’s posts are correct. The January 6, 2021 Insurrection was a terrorist attack. It was carried out by murderous, traitorous psychopaths, who should be punished & jailed for their crimes against America.

I really enjoyed all of Gene's tweets about all the terrorist attacks last year including the terrorist attack on the White House. I love that Gene is always consistent and not a hypocrite. Gene really called out all the riding,looting, arson and Insurrection that went on all last year.

It's funny how much Gene has changed since he got banned from Fox News. Now it seems like he's doing everything to get on Rachel Maddow or Don Lemons show.

And even though he thinks he's called doctor love, he doesn't know jack. And nobody should be listening him or any other celebrity including fauci. Listen to your own doctors.

I'd much rather listen to people like Eric Clapton who believe people should be able to make their own choices.
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

Forevertj wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm Celebs need to STFU about politics. It's killing them at the box office. Athletes need to shut up also.
Almost every sporting event has had a massive ratings decline, including the Oylmpics.
Freedom of speech as long as you agree with it, huh?

Sports viewership has been declining for decades and aligns more closely with alternative entertainment choices, broadband, etc.
It's been on the decline far longer than social media has been around, or your favorite celeb said something that hurt your feelings.
SpinningAcorn
Banned
Banned

Post by SpinningAcorn »

Arrogant wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Forevertj wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm Celebs need to STFU about politics. It's killing them at the box office. Athletes need to shut up also.
Almost every sporting event has had a massive ratings decline, including the Oylmpics.

Sports viewership has been declining for decades and aligns more closely with alternative entertainment choices, broadband, etc.
It's been on the decline far longer than social media has been around, or your favorite celeb said something that hurt your feelings.
Totally incorrect.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

TheSpoiler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:40 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Have a good day.
Thank you for your approval. Your opinion means a vast amount to me.
I know. It means a vast amount to a lot of people. There is no shame in admitting that.
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

SpinningAcorn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Totally incorrect.
I've got 23 years of viewership data in front of me.

Feel free to cite your sources that dispute my claim.
Likewise, I'd enjoy to see evidence that celebs and athletes expressing their opinions are "killing them at the box office."
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

IRONY.
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

SpinningAcorn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:41 pm I really enjoyed all of Gene's tweets about all the terrorist attacks last year including the terrorist attack on the White House. I love that Gene is always consistent and not a hypocrite. Gene really called out all the riding,looting, arson and Insurrection that went on all last year.

It's funny how much Gene has changed since he got banned from Fox News. Now it seems like he's doing everything to get on Rachel Maddow or Don Lemons show.

And even though he thinks he's called doctor love, he doesn't know jack. And nobody should be listening him or any other celebrity including fauci. Listen to your own doctors.

I'd much rather listen to people like Eric Clapton who believe people should be able to make their own choices.
Welp. I only agree with what I bolded.

Yes. Listen to your doctor. Around 96% of whom will tell you to get vaccinated.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/p ... t-covid-19
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

You're a brainwashed automaton.

But at least you recognize that Animalize through HITS is garbage.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Who said anything about the type of politics. That is a false equivalence. I don't want hear Ted Nugent ranting either. I don't care what side you're on and you pretending to know that is wrong.

What does people not watching things have to do with whether or not I agree with something? The fact is, people are tuning out on movies and sports in particular. What does that have to do with me?
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Whilst Gene Simmons is one of the biggest hypocrites going around, you calling out that he might be getting paid by CNN/NBC speaks to us, that you don't like the way he might swing politically.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

DonnaDixon wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:37 pm

You're a brainwashed automaton.

But at least you recognize that Animalize through HITS is garbage.
I guess you are one of the Americans that I spoke about above.

Yes, those are shitty albums. The Rolling Stones are also better than KISS despite your delusion.