I Was Made For Loving You is Going Viral !

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: I Was Made For Loving You is Going Viral !

Post by nibbler1982 »

redinthesky wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:14 am
jkiss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:21 am
redinthesky wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am Damn, it's in like a million videos lol, good to see. Some of those girls are adorable.

How funny that the song that chased away so many people 42 years ago is finding new life with young people online in 2021. Maybe Kiss (the real Kiss) is becoming cool once again.
😮 I found my twin in there or twin when I was a teenager:

laviniaachiesaa

🪞

:roll:
I hear you Big Man. However…

It did catch my attention. :D

That plus Sister J’s usual sprinkle of innuendo, double entendre, and recollections of the raucous days of yesteryear does paint quite a picture.

That and she was so gracious to post a picture showing us how well her favorite tee shirt fits…um, jacket. Whatever it was.
gene therapist
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by gene therapist »

jannep17 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm Well it is Kiss' most well known song in the world.
Yes. Even though some here are delusional enough to believe that's Rock and Roll All Nite...
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

redinthesky wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am Some of those girls are adorable.
You were made for loving them. You can't get enoo-ahh-ugh!
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by belgiankissarmy »

lord71 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 am
belgiankissarmy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:24 am
jannep17 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm Well it is Kiss' most well known song in the world.
Exactly, by FAR their most well known song, still most people on this forum still don't get that.
In the late eighties (1986-1989ish), for some reason the british Music Box (Later 'Super channel') and Sky channel did play a lot 'Sure Know Something', 'A World Without Heroes' and 'Shandi' videos @ 'Monsters of Rock' (Sky channel) and Power Hour (Super channel), but I very rarely or NEVER saw IWMFLY video.
Britain is not the world, the days of the British Empire are long gone :-) It's true that the song was not a huge hit in the UK in 79 when it was released, but it was a smash hit in many countries. It's hands down KISS' biggest hit worldwide.
lord71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by lord71 »

belgiankissarmy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:49 am
Exactly, by FAR their most well known song, still most people on this forum still don't get that.
In the late eighties (1986-1989ish), for some reason the british Music Box (Later 'Super channel') and Sky channel did play a lot 'Sure Know Something', 'A World Without Heroes' and 'Shandi' videos @ 'Monsters of Rock' (Sky channel) and Power Hour (Super channel), but I very rarely or NEVER saw IWMFLY video.
Britain is not the world, the days of the British Empire are long gone :-) It's true that the song was not a huge hit in the UK in 79 when it was released, but it was a smash hit in many countries. It's hands down KISS' biggest hit worldwide.
Yep. Maybe you just told the reason, why other videos were played more - or then not. Was A world without heroes a bigger hit than IWMFLY? Those were british owned music channels and perhaps chart positions had impact on the preference of e.g SKS over IWMFLY. - Or then there could've been many other reasons. Maybe IWMFLY, was considered too 'disco' to be played in a heavy metal video show??

Who knows. I didn't want to make any point, except recalling/bringing out what I remember from those teenage years.
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Every once in a while this song becomes popular again. When I was a kid in the late 90s European band Scooter did a cover and it was a huge hit over here. I knew it before I discovered KISS
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

lord71 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 am
belgiankissarmy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:49 am

Yep. Maybe you just told the reason, why other videos were played more - or then not. Was A world without heroes a bigger hit than IWMFLY? Those were british owned music channels and perhaps chart positions had impact on the preference of e.g SKS over IWMFLY. - Or then there could've been many other reasons. Maybe IWMFLY, was considered too 'disco' to be played in a heavy metal video show??

Who knows. I didn't want to make any point, except recalling/bringing out what I remember from those teenage years.
Sure Know Something is my favorite song on Dynasty and apparently it charted higher than IWMFLY in the UK, so I can only compliment the good people of Britain on their impeccable taste :-) (SKS went to 44/ IWMFLY 50- very odd to me that both did poorly in the UK, maybe it has to do with KISS still being considered a joke in the UK at the time. In comparison: IWMFLY went to n°1 In Belgium, The Netherlands, Canada, France, New Zealand; n°2 in Australia, West-Germany, South-Africa, Switzerland)
Miss Kitty
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Miss Kitty »

Hmmm. I like the song but I would argue Beth is the most well-known. And even though it's not a Kiss song New York Groove.
KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE »

Miss Kitty wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:33 pm
Hmmm. I like the song but I would argue Beth is the most well-known. And even though it's not a Kiss song New York Groove.
I can’t recall the last time i heard Beth used as a soundtrack for anything or even a bad cover version performed.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Not saying this is a deal-closer, but just a funny thing, I remember during the reunion era, I switched on to the TV show "Friends" for a minute (I don't like it) and coincidentally during that minute, Kiss came up. One of the guys asked one of the girls, "Quick...what's your favorite Kiss song?" And she said, "Beth!" I just thought that was pretty cool.
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

Not even close. Neither of those songs got any traction or airplay outside the USA like IWMFLY.
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

KISSFACE wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm
I can’t recall the last time i heard Beth used as a soundtrack for anything or even a bad cover version performed.
Detroit Rock City probably. 1999.
Kisscomplicated
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Kisscomplicated »

redinthesky wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am Damn, it's in like a million videos lol, good to see. Some of those girls are adorable.

How funny that the song that chased away so many people 42 years ago is finding new life with young people online in 2021. Ma
ybe Kiss (the real Kiss) is becoming cool once

I was at a Dynasty show , and was never chased away by that song. Even at that young age I understood , that KISS was evolving. I thought it was cool then. But I've never been stuck in one dimensional thinking. Never thought in terms of " up, down, in out, rock or disco. "
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Nobody knows Beth outside the US :roll: