Magic update?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
KF73
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Magic uodate?

Post by KF73 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:32 am Don’t trust anyone in a friggin Genesis shirt
Haha. No sh*t! I said the same thing!

I swear I should have asked for my $160 back when I had the chance. Three. F*cking. Years!!! I am surprised that nobody has beat his azz! Eh, not worth getting locked up for!
Last edited by KF73 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homer Simpson
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Homer Simpson »

Not interested in the book, but I hate seeing people get ripped off. This guy's arrogance and lack of humility are just unbelievable.
SomethingSeemLahr
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by SomethingSeemLahr »

Julien wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:48 am image.png

Like a contractor from hell. Flippant, evasive, cavalier, noncommittal.

DoggFather
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by DoggFather »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm I honestly think that the delays are because there are honestly too many photos and too much minutiae entries that 500 pages wasn’t going to be enough space for the proposed content. And now he’s paralyzed because he doesn’t know how to deliver something he didn’t foresee needing as much space as it actually requires for this particular undertaking. And the pride is too strong to just cower and give people their money back.

I still think he can deliver the book. But I don’t think he realized the magnitude and cost of the thing…and now doesn’t know what to do because he can’t cover the remaining expenses…

Ros, let someone help you. It’s never too late to save this thing. Get on track. You’re a good guy who got lost and is drowning. Find a lifeline and take it. Come out on top with that KISS magic Power.
Please remove your rose-colored glasses.

If Ros (I know he's reading this) was a good guy, he would gladly answer the questions.

Evasive answers at best.
caligari

Post by caligari »

This guy is the lowest of low.

Funny how the worm turns.

I got myself banned for a few days for saying something no where near what gets said today…
Even by our Admin and Mods

Here my emails to Ros,
Dated from when,
Getting banned from here got me even hotter,
sent another email, he shut his email down, I found another email to reach him.
I wrote a much more personal and in-depth email (sorry, can’t show it, in crossing out all personal info there really is nothing to read that is not expressed in other emails, - I will say: that it was not “truly” threatening,
but I really laid it out in “black and white” too him, and I have over 30 years experience in printing.
And said many things that are now openly discussed here now.

Still got no reply but finally about a month later I got my refund.

I REALLY wanted this book.
The guy should have partnered with someone with experience in “KISS publishing” like The Gooch or some of the other guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by caligari on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendeko
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Bendeko »

When he says 'I'll update when there is something to report'.... if there is nothing to report he's basically admitting that nothing is happening. Can't believe no one has called him out on that
DoggFather

Post by DoggFather »

Bendeko wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm When he says 'I'll update when there is something to report'.... if there is nothing to report he's basically admitting that nothing is happening. Can't believe no one has called him out on that
IF they do, they will get blocked and he will delete comment.

Hate to admit it, but Ros is at advantage here.
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

caligari wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:50 pm This guy is the lowest of low.

I got myself banned for a few days for saying something no where near what gets said today…

Here my emails to Ros,
Dated from when,
I wrote a much more personal and in-depth email (sorry, can’t show it, in crossing out all personal info there really is nothing to read that is not expressed in other emails, - I will say: that it was not “truly” threatening,
but I really laid it out in “black and white” too him, and I gave over 30 years experience in printing.

The guy should have partnered with someone with experience in “KISS publishing” like The Gooch or some of the other guys.
Oh look, and the refund was given. Those who take the gloves off and are persistent will get it Im sure. Years ago I used to work for a family owned company which completely didnt care for their clients, in a customer service and sales. Most of my calls were monitored and if someone called about a defective product with a " I understand you have a small staff, these things happen it ok, just give me a call whenever youll be able to replace it", I was given an order to ignore these, put them at the bottom of the list IF our people will be someday within minutes of their location, or dont pick up from them. But those who called 15 times a day leaving nunerous messages saying they wont stop and they want their money back were instantly put on the top of the priority list and money was given back even with the no refund policy. I quit that company and they folded year or two later, but I learned which attitude works.
Your story proves the point
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Here my emails to Ros,
Dated from when,
but I really laid it out in “black and white” too him, and I gave over 30 years experience in printing.

I noted the date on your refund transaction. I wonder if he received some Christmas money and that is what helped facilitate your refund.
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

Wake up Radley, I think I got somethin' to say to you
It's almost August and my MAGIC should be sittin’ cool
I know I keep you amused, but I feel I'm being used
Oh Radley I couldn't have tried any more

You made a first-class fool out of me
But I'm as blind as a fan can be
You stole my cash, but I love you anyway
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

LoveGuns wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Here my emails to Ros,
Dated from when,

Oh look, and the refund was given. Those who take the gloves off and are persistent will get it Im sure. Years ago I used to work for a family owned company which completely didnt care for their clients, in a customer service and sales. Most of my calls were monitored and if someone called about a defective product with a " I understand you have a small staff, these things happen it ok, just give me a call whenever youll be able to replace it", I was given an order to ignore these, put them at the bottom of the list IF our people will be someday within minutes of their location, or dont pick up from them. But those who called 15 times a day leaving nunerous messages saying they wont stop and they want their money back were instantly put on the top of the priority list and money was given back even with the no refund policy. I quit that company and they folded year or two later, but I learned which attitude works.
Your story proves the point
Problem is that caligari’s request was in 2019, I forget the timeline of everything in this shitstorm, but wasn’t he still giving “occasional” refunds then? And caligari was STILL made to go through all that BS to get his money? The “author’s” decision to cease all refunds (and thereby be able to keep all the ill-gotten money for himself) that came maybe late ’19? So right now; you could auto-send 100 emails a day, you’d get 100 cut and paste auto reply's back - saying refunds can’t be given at this time..

He’d be thinking why would I give refunds - that’ll just eat into the pile of money that I’m keeping for myself at the end of all this?! Refunds - Schmeefunds… On “my money” not a chance. You'll get nothing.

He seriously needs to be looking at some time. Even just a token 12 month sentence. Something.. People get locked up for less than what he’s done pertaining to fraud.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I wish someone would talk to his graphics/layout guy who he initially started the project with. He could provide a lot of insight into how much of the book was actually done, what the problems were, etc.
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by sugardaddy »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 pm I wish someone would talk to his graphics/layout guy who he initially started the project with. He could provide a lot of insight into how much of the book was actually done, what the problems were, etc.
Yes!!!!
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 pm I wish someone would talk to his graphics/layout guy who he initially started the project with. He could provide a lot of insight into how much of the book was actually done, what the problems were, etc.
For some reason, that is discouraged when previously brought up and threads shut down when discussed.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 am
For some reason, that is discouraged when previously brought up and threads shut down when discussed.
I guess that kinda makes sense as they were probably victims too
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Please don't disturb him, he is so busy on Kisstorians Facebook page.
Hundreds of comments like this new one:
"Ros Radley
74-11-08 Chicago, Illinois, Aragon Ballroom, David Slania photographer."
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

StarChildBlade wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm I honestly think that the delays are because there are honestly too many photos and too much minutiae entries that 500 pages wasn’t going to be enough space for the proposed content. And now he’s paralyzed because he doesn’t know how to deliver something he didn’t foresee needing as much space as it actually requires for this particular undertaking. And the pride is too strong to just cower and give people their money back.

I still think he can deliver the book. But I don’t think he realized the magnitude and cost of the thing…and now doesn’t know what to do because he can’t cover the remaining expenses…

Ros, let someone help you. It’s never too late to save this thing. Get on track. You’re a good guy who got lost and is drowning. Find a lifeline and take it. Come out on top with that KISS magic Power.
Wow. This will do the trick! Poor Ros, finally gets some compassion again.
Just wish you didn't write "It is never too late to save this thing", because now "this thing" will be saved for even longer.... :D Oh my...
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

He’s had people offer him help on Facebook and has politely declined.
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

Brewer wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:15 pm Wake up Radley, I think I got somethin' to say to you
It's almost August and my MAGIC should be sittin’ cool
I know I keep you amused, but I feel I'm being used
Oh Radley I couldn't have tried any more

You made a first-class fool out of me
But I'm as blind as a fan can be
You stole my cash, but I love you anyway

Very good! That song actually inspired me to write the KISSfaq song "Hard luck buyer"

HARD LUCK BUYER

If you never fooled me
You'd never have seen me cry
If not for my critical question
We'd never have to say goodbye
If you keep delaying
Saying this book will soon come out
It's time you start walkin'
Cause I'll get to you and my refund, without a doubt

I keep feeling like a Hard Luck buyer
I'll be Hard Luck buyer, Radley, cause it's all a scam

Ros the KISS faqs biggest fraudster
Not affraid of the the administrator,
but he will be affraid of Gene
Ros, I really hate you
I can't forget about you
And I'll be a Hard Luck buyer
Radley, till I get my book
Doose

Post by Doose »

The Latest...

T***** B***
Ros almost August 2021! All wanna know will it finally ship?
· Reply · 1d

Author
MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983
Still working on it
· Reply · 1d

E*** S******
MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983 Will you be giving us an update in August to let us know that the book won't be shipping in August?
· Reply · 20h

Author
As I stated in this very post, I will update when there is something significant to report. Until then, work continues.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Also...

S***** F********
MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983 can we get a status? I’m not giving up on this but I’d like an ETA. Thanks.
· Reply · 17h

Author
There's still work to be done and I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible.
· Reply · 16h
Tito

Post by Tito »

Unbelievable... 🤯
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Many moons ago we were told that The Phantoms bonus book was done. If that had been the truth then surely he would have sent these out to quell the anger that was building with the constant delays with the Magic book. This should have set the alarm bells ringing but this clown seems to keep trying to wriggle off the hook. His replies to his backers stink of arrogance! I honestly don't know how he expects to get away with this fraudulent escapade.
mbrunn
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mbrunn »

I used to always give him the benefit of the doubt, even when there were delays. The past year with the attitude makes it hard (impossible) to defend.

Last August he said he was done with 400 pages. What is so hard about saying I’m now done with 450, 500, or whatever number of pages. That would give his buyers a clearer picture of where things stand. His failure to be transparent is what’s so concerning to me, not the delays. Sometimes life happens. If he was transparent I think most people would always give him the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Brewer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 am He’s had people offer him help on Facebook and has politely declined.
Because if Ros lets anyone else "in," the first thing they'd say is, "Wow, you really HAVE done next to nothing with this."

Criminals and con artists do not let outsiders into their working orbit so easily.
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:02 pm
Brewer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 am He’s had people offer him help on Facebook and has politely declined.
Because if Ros lets anyone else "in," the first thing they'd say is, "Wow, you really HAVE done next to nothing with this."

Criminals and con artists do not let outsiders into their working orbit so easily.
They stop talking and dispensing information as well.
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

Judge Judy needs another KISS-fan eposide.
StraightThruTheHeart
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by StraightThruTheHeart »

He's going to keep doing this for a long time folks.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Julien wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:05 pm Judge Judy needs another KISS-fan eposide.
That would be hysterical. For those who still want to try it, here's how you can submit to the shows:

JUDGE MATHIS
Link: https://judgemathistv.com/submit-your-case

HOT BENCH
Link: https://www.hotbench.tv/submit-your-case

JUDGE JUDY
Link: https://www.judgejudy.com/submit_your_case

JUDGE JERRY SPRINGER
Link: https://judgejerry.com/submit-a-case/

The key is to say, "KISS is one of the biggest bands in the world, and this fanboy with an obsession for KISS photos collected over $250,000 from fans worldwide for a book that hasn't materialized in the three years since it was promised. His responses now for updates border on obnoxious, entitled, defiant and condescending, and his promise that you can get a 'refund at any time, for any reason' was a lie. I would like to get on and represent KISS fans from around the world who ordered this alleged 'book' (we each paid anywhere from $100 to $150 each) that he apparently has no plans in releasing, and I will split my winnings with other KISS fans who ordered."
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

You can’t take someone to small claims court on behalf of other people. Even on fake TV small claims court where the TV production company pays all the money owing.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Brewer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:34 pm You can’t take someone to small claims court on behalf of other people. Even on fake TV small claims court where the TV production company pays all the money owing.
You're just suing for yourself, but you end up getting paid like $5k for appearing. You split THAT money.
criss75
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by criss75 »

So it's not august, but december??
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

acesmiddlefinger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am Many moons ago we were told that The Phantoms bonus book was done. If that had been the truth then surely he would have sent these out to quell the anger that was building with the constant delays with the Magic book. This should have set the alarm bells ringing but this clown seems to keep trying to wriggle off the hook. His replies to his backers stink of arrogance! I honestly don't know how he expects to get away with this fraudulent escapade.
It would cost him less than $4 each to ship each of those completed Phantom books in the USA. He should do that to show he is being honest.
Brewer
Banned
Banned

Post by Brewer »

They’re not printed. He would show the Phantom book otherwise.
d4nugster
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by d4nugster »

Brewer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:45 pm They’re not printed. He would show the Phantom book otherwise.
i agree. knowing how a fiasco this thing has become, i would have provided at least a picture of the completed phantom book to assuage worries and quell the unrest. the absence of that says that book doesn't exist either.
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

Occam's razor... Has there ever been any provable signs of actual work or progress? Faux fairyland layouts (without a chance in HELL of licensing included photos presented as "400" pages done is misleading (and no "they're only placeholders" excuses allowed).

It's not that difficult to show progress:
image.png
Though, in my case, there are physical proofs in the hands of people in various states (funny thing was two people comparing notes, and each had a different revision -- hehehehee).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I agree.

If I was starting to realize that creating a book like this was far more difficult than I had originally thought, I would be grateful for any professional who has done this before to help me. He is not accepting any help, because it would immediately confirm what what we all know now.

If it was a regular 9 to 5 job, they would be asking Ros this:

criss75
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by criss75 »

Grand Classic wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 pm

I agree.

If I was starting to realize that creating a book like this was far more difficult than I had originally thought, I would be grateful for any professional who has done this before to help me. He is not accepting any help, because it would immediately confirm what what we all know now.

If it was a regular 9 to 5 job, they would be asking Ros this:

That’s Paul from Cheers on the right
caligari

Post by caligari »

Ros sure did a quick about face.
Here’s one from early 2019 - days when he was more than happy to drop anything to make us feel special and get and that he was getting the job done.
DoggFather

Post by DoggFather »

caligari wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm Ros sure did a quick about face.
Here’s one from early 2019 - days when he was more than happy to drop anything to make us feel special and get and that he was getting the job done.
Now, it's vague answers at best.
caligari

Post by caligari »

Julien wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:58 pm Occam's razor... Has there ever been any provable signs of actual work or progress? Faux fairyland layouts (without a chance in HELL of licensing included photos presented as "400" pages done is misleading (and no "they're only placeholders" excuses allowed).

image.png
Though, in my case, there are physical proofs in the hands of people in various states (funny thing was two people comparing notes, and each had a different revision -- hehehehee).
Can’t wait for this book!
Classic Era Aerosmith close second to KLASSIC KISS in my ❤️
What’s your current ETA?
Julien
Whee Wan

Post by Julien »

caligari wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:37 am
Julien wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:58 pm Occam's razor... Has there ever been any provable signs of actual work or progress? Faux fairyland layouts (without a chance in HELL of licensing included photos presented as "400" pages done is misleading (and no "they're only placeholders" excuses allowed).

image.png
What’s your current ETA?
Could be anytime. Just in a pause to let a few things in the background happen or not. Working on a hardcover layout today. Thanks for your interest.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

image.png
Is there any reasonable amount of money that you would accept to work with Ros to finish (or start for that matter possibly) the book? Here you go - 15K to help bring Magic to life.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Julien wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:53 am

image.png
What’s your current ETA?
Could be anytime. Just in a pause to let a few things in the background happen or not. Working on a hardcover layout today. Thanks for your interest.
Ros needs a 'Wolf" like Harvey Keitel in 'Pulp Fiction' to come in and fix the mess. Since you know how to actually get things done, maybe he'll call you and say "Wolf, please, I'm desperate!" (edit: haha looks like Grand and I were on the exact same wavelength!)

(The Aerosmith book should do really well, that's very awesome.)
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 am

image.png
What’s your current ETA?
Ros needs a 'Wolf" like Harvey Keitel in 'Pulp Fiction' to come in and fix the mess. Since you know how to actually get things done, maybe he'll call you and say "Wolf, please, I'm desperate!" (edit: haha looks like Grand and I were on the exact same wavelength!)

:lol:

Mr. Wolf: "Pretty please with sugar on top, Ros - finish the fucking book."
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 am
redinthesky wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 am

What’s your current ETA?

Mr. Wolf: "Pretty please with sugar on top, Ros - finish the fucking book."
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

What’s pleasing to see is that in a few different threads the REAL authors in this community are talking of their projects with firm information, firm process, clear direction, and clear plans.. And people are supportive! As they should be. Thats usually how it works!

Obviously this particular deluded “author’s” actions have really hurt crowd funding/ pre paying for like projects; but hopefully people do see that this idiot here is just the anomaly in all this. Because the real people are doing pretty damn good work, have done for a long time, and hopefully continue to do so.
KISS#1

Post by KISS#1 »

Book not yet done.

A***** B**********
I'd like to buy this book. Is it ready yet?
· Reply · 8h

Author
Thank you for your interest, A*****. MAGIC is not yet completed. I'm working hard to get it done as soon as possible.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

KISS#1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:36 pm Book not yet done.

A***** B**********
· Reply · 8h

Author
Thank you for your interest, A*****. MAGIC is not yet completed. I'm working hard to get it done as soon as possible.
I wonder what Radley's definition of "working hard" is. Probably getting up in the morning already is a challenge for him.
Doose

Post by Doose »

KISS#1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:36 pm Book not yet done.

A***** B**********
· Reply · 8h

Author
He responds INSTANTLY to anyone wanting to buy the book, and INSTANTLY deletes anyone that's critical. Which means he's literally sitting at his computer all the time, and NOT working on the book.