Magic update?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
bret6262
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Magic update?

Post by bret6262 »

Looks like the Magic author posted books will be shipped before Xmas. I've been blocked from his FB pages not sure what I did (other than order the book and patiently wait). Sorry if already posted. Have a SSIK day.
Last edited by bret6262 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kisscandinavia
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Magic uodate?

Post by Kisscandinavia »

"Seriously, will the book be released /shipped before Christmas?"
"MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983:
Yes"

He didn't mention the year though... 2071 perhaps...
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by In the Suds »

And not a word about why August didn't happen. No ''sorry, I tried but..." Nothing.
Two Headed Dog
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Two Headed Dog »

In the Suds wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 am And not a word about why August didn't happen. No ''sorry, I tried but..." Nothing.
At this point, the less said the better really...
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

At least he has enough time to be on Facebook constantly.
peopleselbow
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by peopleselbow »

These threads never get old.

Admin should put them all together for a book and release it, which surely will be before Magic comes out.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Awesome. I am sure people will feel confident that they can get all their Christmas shopping done early by ordering this book for everyone on their list.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:21 am Awesome. I am sure people will feel confident that they can get all their Christmas shopping done early by ordering this book for everyone on their list.
Christmas of what year?
KissJJM
Banned
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

Many
Amounts
Given
In
Cash
Marc Aze
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Marc Aze »

but wait a minute... to my knowledge he keeps taking new orders...
do you guys think if he really wasn't going to have the book for delivery at some point he would have balls to keep doing this? i mean, taking NEW orders? :shock: :shock:
Doose

Post by Doose »

peopleselbow wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:18 am These threads never get old.

Admin should put them all together for a book and release it, which surely will be before Magic comes out.
MAGIC: THE MAGIC KRONICLES 2015-2025?

At this rate, Julian's book about MAGIC would still be released before MAGIC itself.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

My comment asking the year was deleted lol. Worth it if I get blocked.
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

alivecatman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 pm My comment asking the year was deleted lol. Worth it if I get blocked.
If there was going to legit be a Christmas 2021 release, he could laugh off the question and answer, of course Christmas of 2021. Deleting the question tells you all you need to know. He's brazen yet has thin skin.
KISS#1

Post by KISS#1 »

He still hasn't answered this from a few days ago.

T** G**
MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983 Ros, when is the next update coming? It’s almost August. You must know by now if a mid August shipment or at least completion of book is a reality.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Two Headed Dog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:06 am
In the Suds wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 am And not a word about why August didn't happen. No ''sorry, I tried but..." Nothing.
At this point, the less said the better really...
I just think it's crazy he doesn't even acknowledge he'd said he was aiming for August.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Ros replies to someone that it'll be released by Christmas, however in his last original post from April, he states "I will update again when there is something significant to report."

Since the "Christmas" thing wasn't "significant" enough to warrant a new post/update, just a mere "this will shut you up for a while" reply to someone, it's probably a good bet that the Christmas thing is total hogwash.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

I'm not familair with the US laws but he can't be sued yet? I mean, people can get sued by leaving a negative comment on google or people get sued of patent infrigment for no reason, but a guy we are really ripping people off there's no change?
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

"Still working" is his goto response when he can take time out of his busy schedule to reply. That's gotta be wearing thin on even the most ardent supporters by now.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Mad Dog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:16 pm I'm not familair with the US laws but he can't be sued yet? I mean, people can get sued by leaving a negative comment on google or people get sued of patent infrigment for no reason, but a guy we are really ripping people off there's no change?
1) How much do lawyers cost where you're from? Much less than the $150 people have invested in this book?
2) You have to win the case. Ros can just claim it's still being worked on and coming, like he always does.
3) Even if you win, he actually has to have the money to pay what the court orders.

I'm not saying people shouldn't do something about it if they can, but it's a helluva lot easier said than done.

And either way, I'm pretty sure Ros is dead anyhow because: unless he dies, Magic was being released in 2020!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pm
Mad Dog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:16 pm I'm not familair with the US laws but he can't be sued yet? I mean, people can get sued by leaving a negative comment on google or people get sued of patent infrigment for no reason, but a guy we are really ripping people off there's no change?
1) How much do lawyers cost where you're from? Much less than the $150 people have invested in this book?
2) You have to win the case. Ros can just claim it's still being worked on and coming, like he always does.
3) Even if you win, he actually has to have the money to pay what the court orders.

I'm not saying people shouldn't do something about it if they can, but it's a helluva lot easier said than done.

And either way, I'm pretty sure Ros is dead anyhow because: unless he dies, Magic was being released in 2020!
I am working for a a lawyers firm myself in the Netherlands, and the average hour fee is 485, excluding taxes and company expenses.

U are right I guess especially on 2 and 3, so waste of time and money for now.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I can't wait to watch the 3 night A&E documentary about Magic.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I really have given up on this ever coming out.
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

rwgriffith wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm I really have given up on this ever coming out.
Agreed...at this point I don't have any faith in this guy. However, I think we will get this type of book soon...Ballish seems like he is going to produce some Magic with his upcoming book.
ratdog65
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by ratdog65 »

There is no book . I have been asking monthly for a refund . He says he doesn’t have it . When I ask him why he never responds. There is not going to be a book . I would love to be wrong . It does not take this long . He spent the money and he’s screwed, so he screwed his backers sad.
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

rwgriffith wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm I really have given up on this ever coming out.
That is probably for the best. There is no book.
FlyingInA747
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by FlyingInA747 »

Well, August is before Christmas. #JustSayin' :lol:
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

FlyingInA747 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Well, August is before Christmas. #JustSayin' :lol:
Doubt the Mid-August target will happen as Ros has not even mentioned he has the 1st printer's proof of the book in hand, and that everything is perfect, and that it's a go for printing.
Last edited by AstroWarped on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greasepaint74
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Greasepaint74 »

Will be offered as a bundle with the VV box set just in time for the holidays.
SomethingSeemLahr
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by SomethingSeemLahr »

If he had sent his completed files to the printer (if he even knows how), he’d be shouting it from the rooftops. It’s the ultimate “foolproof” scam. He knows that suing him is a net loss for anyone who has purchased even half a dozen copies of his crappy, ill-conceived “book.” Most people will say “screw it” and move on, and he keeps his $250K.

Prediction: “Printer delays beyond my control” in the fall, followed by bankruptcy in the spring. But new orders will be accepted till the end.
weboes
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by weboes »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:34 am "Seriously, will the book be released /shipped before Christmas?"
"MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983:
Yes"

He didn't mention the year though... 2071 perhaps...
Probably 2073 for the 100th anniversary.
Doose

Post by Doose »

SomethingSeemLahr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 pm If he had sent his completed files to the printer (if he even knows how), he’d be shouting it from the rooftops. It’s the ultimate “foolproof” scam. He knows that suing him is a net loss for anyone who has purchased even half a dozen copies of his crappy, ill-conceived “book.” Most people will say “screw it” and move on, and he keeps his $250K.

Prediction: “Printer delays beyond my control” in the fall, followed by bankruptcy in the spring. But new orders will be accepted till the end.
I think the "printer delays" sounds like something he'd legitimately say to trash the project, but I think he's kept most of the $250k for personal use, and very little went to the book.

I think it would be interesting if someone investigated how many of the photographers whose work he said would be included were ever paid licensing fees. It would be a simple email to a couple of them directly asking if they had been paid licensing fees for their photos for MAGIC. Surely they can't be happy to have their assets dragged through the mud like this. Most of them have websites with Contact buttons.
turbodrive
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by turbodrive »

Doose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:03 pm
SomethingSeemLahr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 pm If he had sent his completed files to the printer (if he even knows how), he’d be shouting it from the rooftops. It’s the ultimate “foolproof” scam. He knows that suing him is a net loss for anyone who has purchased even half a dozen copies of his crappy, ill-conceived “book.” Most people will say “screw it” and move on, and he keeps his $250K.

I think the "printer delays" sounds like something he'd legitimately say to trash the project, but I think he's kept most of the $250k for personal use, and very little went to the book.

I think it would be interesting if someone investigated how many of the photographers whose work he said would be included were ever paid licensing fees. It would be a simple email to a couple of them directly asking if they had been paid licensing fees for their photos for MAGIC. Surely they can't be happy to have their assets dragged through the mud like this. Most of them have websites with Contact buttons.
Actually, this occurred to me, but the photographers he's talked about are professionals and would know better than to release work on a promise. My guess is that they were all paid as agreed, but the money is gone. And...it went to buy Ros an enormous pile of rare KISS photos for his own personal collection (that he apparently sells for high $$ amounts to other collectors).

Repeating myself yet again....I don't think there is a book; just an idea for one.
Wichita77
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wichita77 »

A book of this size 4/4 (full color) would typically need 4 to 6 weeks to produce without incurring rush charges. That many pages on coated stock without being sewn would likely be an issue too. The spreads he shows have images that go right into the gutter that would be impossible to see without some kind of lay flat binding.

I'm also concerned by the price point. 600 pages for $100 doesn't sound right either. I've got full color books in the 256 page range that cost that much.

Sad. People like this hurt the people who need crowdfunding to get their legitimate projects off the ground.
wayfarer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by wayfarer »

My apologies in advance if this has been asked...has anyone contacted Gene or Paul about this guy? We are talking serious money here which fans have been ripped off...
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

This sham will never end. Ros is a fraudster.
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

wayfarer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:53 pm My apologies in advance if this has been asked...has anyone contacted Gene or Paul about this guy? We are talking serious money here which fans have been ripped off...
They probably don't/wouldn't care.
StarChildBlade

Post by StarChildBlade »

wayfarer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:53 pm My apologies in advance if this has been asked...has anyone contacted Gene or Paul about this guy? We are talking serious money here which fans have been ripped off...
KISS knows.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Anomaly wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Like Peter Parker once said, they'll fail to see how that's their problem.
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

redinthesky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:28 pm
Yup. I honestly don't think the band that licensed air guitar strings to sell is too worried about their fans getting wrapped up in a Kickstarter that didn't pan out.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Anomaly wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 pm
Yup. I honestly don't think the band that licensed air guitar strings to sell is too worried about their fans getting wrapped up in a Kickstarter that didn't pan out.
True, but don't they love to sue/threaten to sue if anyone besmirches the KISS name in any capacity?

I imagine if someone was able to get any journalist to write about what has been going on with the book, Paul and Gene would not want their brand to be associated with this scam or negative attention.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Anomaly wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 pm

True, but don't they love to sue/threaten to sue if anyone besmirches the KISS name in any capacity?

I imagine if someone was able to get any journalist to write about what has been going on with the book, Paul and Gene would not want their brand to be associated with this scam or negative attention.
Good point, if the 'Magic' thing ever became news (as it should) or entered any legal/enforcement channels (as it will), G&P may release a statement saying they had nothing to do with the scam, and that everyone should go full steam ahead with any proceedings. But that's where it'd end with them I think.
d4nugster
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by d4nugster »

well they ought to realize too that "with great fandom comes great responsibility."
DoggFather

Post by DoggFather »

It's the same old, same old...no real update.

Ros doesn't address anything.

Same shit, just a different day.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

...and he still seems to spend all his time on Kisstorians Facebook page commenting every fuckin' photo there.
A busy man indeed...
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

d4nugster wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:39 pm
well they ought to realize too that "with great fandom comes great responsibility."
But G&P are not responsible, even if they don't particularly care. They may clear themselves of any connection in a statement if this grows in size, and especially if they were asked for help in it or sent a few C&D orders, but in their heads they'd probably be thinking "How did this regular Joe-Schmo guy actually get a quarter-million for selling something that doesn't even exist?"
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

redinthesky wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm
d4nugster wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:39 pm

But G&P are not responsible, even if they don't particularly care. They may clear themselves of any connection in a statement if this grows in size, and especially if they were asked for help in it or sent a few C&D orders, but in their heads they'd probably be thinking "How did this regular Joe-Schmo guy actually get a quarter-million for selling something that doesn't even exist?"
I think if this was a book related to a more high profile band or artist, HBO would be wanting to do a doc about it.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

What would Gene and Paul do?
If Ros indeed has the rights to the images, no one can stop him from producing a book.
wayfarer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by wayfarer »

jannep17 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 pm
If Ros indeed has the rights to the images, no one can stop him from producing a book.
This is true , but he has yet to produce the book and hundreds of thousands of dollars have been remitted to Ros...

I'm thinking more that Gene and Paul would have an invested interest in the reputation of the KISS brand and how this whole thing has been dragging on for years at the expense of all who paid in good faith and received nothing except empty promises...call me old fashioned but I would genuinely hope Gene and Paul would at least be somewhat concerned fans have been ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars and this guy continues to not be held accountable...
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

wayfarer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:59 pm
jannep17 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 pm
This is true , but he has yet to produce the book and hundreds of thousands of dollars have been remitted to Ros...

I'm thinking more that Gene and Paul would have an invested interest in the reputation of the KISS brand and how this whole thing has been dragging on for years at the expense of all who paid in good faith and received nothing except empty promises...call me old fashioned but I would genuinely hope Gene and Paul would at least be somewhat concerned fans have been ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars and this guy continues to not be held accountable...
They don't want to get involved. Especially if people start to get the misconception that this somehow is their fault. Ros is on his own here.
Mackemkiss

Post by Mackemkiss »

A lot of Grinches on here! Surely it will make a lovely Xmas present for any KISS fan?