KISS Tattoos

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

KISS Tattoos

Post by southernkiss »

What KISS tattoos do ya'll have? I do not have any tattoos, but there will be a tattoo artist on the Kruise. I have been considering getting a tattoo of my favorite band!
Somebody Backstage
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: KISS Tattoos

Post by Somebody Backstage »

southernkiss wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am What KISS tattoos do ya'll have? I do not have any tattoos, but there will be a tattoo artist on the Kruise. I have been considering getting a tattoo of my favorite band!
I have had a tattoo (non-Kiss) for 32 years. I don't recommend it. I don't mean that you'll regret it. You just won't notice it any more, but others always will. I recommend a temporary tattoo if you really want to do it.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

I have the ones that came with Alive II...
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:39 am I have the ones from Alive II...
I have those, too.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Somebody Backstage wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:38 am
southernkiss wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am What KISS tattoos do ya'll have? I do not have any tattoos, but there will be a tattoo artist on the Kruise. I have been considering getting a tattoo of my favorite band!
I have had a tattoo (non-Kiss) for 32 years. I don't recommend it. I don't mean that you'll regret it. You just won't notice it any more, but others always will. I recommend a temporary tattoo if you really want to do it.
There will also be a body paint artist on the Kruise. I have thought about doing the temporary route and let her just paint me above the surface of the skin.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

southernkiss wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:40 am
I have those, too.
In all seriousness, I had planned on getting one when I was younger and waited for one reason or another (maybe cuz shit's more or less permanent)...then KISS merged with Cold Gin in the 2000s and I became very bitter toward the band and had zero interest in getting a tattoo of them, and when I got over that I sort of considered it again...but it seemed less of a good idea as a middle aged adult. Had I gotten one I don't think I'd regret it right now, but I also wouldn't choose to get what I would have chosen 25 years ago. Back then it was just Gene from the Destroyer cover. Later I considered the RARO cover...
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:54 am
I have those, too.
In all seriousness, I had planned on getting one when I was younger and waited for one reason or another (maybe cuz shit's more or less permanent)...then KISS merged with Cold Gin in the 2000s and I became very bitter toward the band and had zero interest in getting a tattoo of them, and when I got over that I sort of considered it again...but it seemed less of a good idea as a middle aged adult. Had I gotten one I don't think I'd regret it right now, but I also wouldn't choose to get what I would have chosen 25 years ago. Back then it was just Gene from the Destroyer cover. Later I considered the RARO cover...
When I was twelve years old, I came up with a KISS tattoo idea that would cover a lot of my back. By the time I got to be old enough to get a tattoo, I had lost interest in getting one. All of these years later and the tattoo bug has hit me again.
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

KISS-TATT (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

KIDGEO3 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:59 am KISS-TATT (1).jpg
COOL!! 8)
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

If you're thinking of getting a KISS tattoo (or any tattoo) I'd seriously think twice about getting one from a tattoo artist on the Kruise ship. They're trying to make as much money as they can and they'll just schlep you in do it real quick and then next!
If you're going to do it do it right and do your homework as to look at tattoo people in your area. You really want someone to put something on you for the rest of your life and you have no idea how their work is?
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Coventry1973 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am
If you're thinking of getting a KISS tattoo (or any tattoo) I'd seriously think twice about getting one from a tattoo artist on the Kruise ship. They're trying to make as much money as they can and they'll just schlep you in do it real quick and then next!
If you're going to do it do it right and do your homework as to look at tattoo people in your area. You really want someone to put something on you for the rest of your life and you have no idea how their work is?
I would be sure to ask to see their portfolio first. I would prefer an artist who has done KISS tattoos before.
bandit79jun
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by bandit79jun »

See my avatar picture.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

bandit79jun wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 am
See my avatar picture.
That is a cool tattoo of an underrated album!!
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Getting a KISS tat is an excellent idea, you should definitely do it!
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

I got a rose tattoo on my right delt thats of a different design than Paul's. I would never have his face tattooed on my person, though. No, I
.. uh ... I couldn't do that ...
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

My last zap was actually Ace in February2020. Will probably get more in 2022 or 2023. In no rush.
southernkiss wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am What KISS tattoos do ya'll have?
⬆️ Gene (American traditional) & Ace (portrait). & about 30 other randoms.
See em here: https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtop ... 7&t=132980
southernkiss wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 am I do not have any tattoos, but there will be a tattoo artist on the Kruise. I have been considering getting a tattoo of my favorite band!
⬆️ Free advice. Get your 1st tattoo in your home region, from a good shop, from a respectable artist, that costs $200 to $500, & is about the size of a baseball, on your leg.

Only get it from a shop wear artists & customers are forced to wear masks. Regardless of the state regulation… this 😷 is an indication of how serious the tattoo shop is, regarding pathogens. It’s a whole new world.

Always pay full cash for tattoos. & in the USA, tip 20%.

If someone will “cut you a deal” with a $60 tattoo done in their house… it’s snake oil. You will ‘ruin your body’ forever. (Quotes only because I borrowed that phrase from social conservatives talking about ANY tattoos.😆)

Better to pay $400 in a reputable shop. For real.
Coventry1973 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 am
⬆️ Excellent advice.

Cue the judgmental people who have 0 to 3 tiny tattoos inserting their opinions in all caps, in 3, 2, 1…….
L1

Post by L1 »

I have those, too.
Well, one dude actually did them for real. I seem to remember it was someone here on the FAQ. Was it you?

Anyway, it’s my absolute fave KISS tattoo ever — it looks great and it’s such a cool concept.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

L1 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:40 am
I have those, too.
Well, one dude actually did them for real. I seem to remember it was someone here on the FAQ. Was it you?

Anyway, it’s my absolute fave KISS tattoo ever — it looks great and it’s such a cool concept.
That's actually pretty cool and creative.
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

I have those, too.

That is a cool KISS tattoo
Sinisha
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Sinisha »

Last edited by Sinisha on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Do it!!!
stickyfinger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by stickyfinger »

Coventry1973 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:55 am
I have those, too.

That is a cool KISS tattoo
Thank you for the nice comments, that dude with those tattoos would be me! :-)

To be honest, when I got those done I was a bit surprised that I couldn’t find anyone who would have done this before. But they do look good, if I might say so myself. And also the point indeed was to have all of those, otherwise the concept would have been a bit lacking.
Metalion_SOS
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Metalion_SOS »

I have the chikara symbol but nothing more.
sneed78

Post by sneed78 »

Years ago I thought about getting the RARO faces (Eric and Vinnie included) with their signature colors behind them but nowadays I have no desire to put someone else’s creation on me permanently... I’ll just wear the shirt.