Peter on the Payroll?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Bandit1974
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Peter on the Payroll?

Post by Bandit1974 »

lord71 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 am Didn't he have 200 or 300 k cash with him at the same time he was planning to kill himself?
That's quite a lot money...
Peter wasn't "planning" to kill himself at all. And it had very little to do with the amount of money he had. He was sitting in his mostly destroyed apartment and looking at all of his destroyed possessions after a major earthquake. The trigger was he saw some family heirlooms broken on the floor, along with broken pictures of his family that he felt he lost. In a moment of weakness, he put his gun in his mouth (he grabbed it when he fled his apartment during the earthquake) and thought about ending his life. Do you know what stopped him? He thought about three things: his deceased mother, his father who was still alive, and KISS FANS.

Like many people, Peter briefly thought of suicide in a desperate moment, but never actually went through with it.
weboes
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by weboes »

Bandit1974 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:35 am
weboes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:59 am
Bandit1974 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:38 am
weboes wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm This is why I don't feel super bad about Peter's salary during the reunion. I doubt he was getting a ton of money but he was getting something all those years and he would have gotten a payment when he was bought out.
Ace Frehley cost Paul and Gene a LOT more money than Peter Criss did, Chief.
True but I don't understand what that has to do with what I said about Peter and why you had to add the insult at the end. If calling someone chief isn't an insult where you come from I apologize for mentioning it.

You are implying that Peter Criss deserved to get the least amount of money during the Reunion, because he was still paid by KISS 7 years after he was asked to leave the band.

But what I am saying is that if anyone deserved the lesser salary, it would be Ace Frehley. He cost Paul and Gene MILLIONS of dollars when he decided to leave KISS in 1982. Yet Ace was paid more than Peter when the original band reunited. AND he was still on drugs and would often show up late to rehearsals.

"Chief" is what I call people if I can't remember their name, much like how others say "man."
Thanks for the reply. Chief has always been an insult to me so I was like what did I say to make him break out the fighting words haha?

I didn't mean Peter deserved a lesser salary. I thought it should have been more of a partnership. I meant if you want my sympathy don't complain when things are unfair for you while you are silent about things that were unfair in your favor. That comes off a little harsher than I would like but you get the point. I am not a Peter basher. I am in the minority that thinks he was a huge part of what made Kiss special. I love Ace too but I would agree with you that he screwed them over when he left and he gets a pass for quitting(twice).
detroit_01
Banned
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

the reunion tour was set up as a buy out of ace and peter criss. gene & paul and their attorney's got together because the no make up kiss just wasn't up to par for the monies gene and paul owed polygram. they cooked up the reunion as a scam to make big bank on the old fanbase and nostalgia of the mark 4 era band. so, in effect they knew ace was hurting for money and peter especially... so they bought peter out including his face design and character. ace rented his out. kiss always intended to put those faces on new members... they knew what they were doing. eric carr was laid to rest and vinnie vincent was never considered.
caligari
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by caligari »

detroit_01 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm the reunion tour was set up as a buy out of ace and peter criss. gene & paul and their attorney's got together because the no make up kiss just wasn't up to par for the monies gene and paul owed polygram. they cooked up the reunion as a scam to make big bank on the old fanbase and nostalgia of the mark 4 era band. so, in effect they knew ace was hurting for money and peter especially... so they bought peter out including his face design and character. ace rented his out. kiss always intended to put those faces on new members... they knew what they were doing. eric carr was laid to rest and vinnie vincent was never considered.
Please EVERYONE take note,
FOR THE LAST TIME
Ace Frehley DOES NOT RENT HIS MAKEUP FACE TO KISS.

ACE sold his rights to his character/persona
JUST LIKE PETER DID.
detroit_01
Banned
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

where can i validate that info if you would please post a credible link. thanks.
caligari wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm
detroit_01 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm the reunion tour was set up as a buy out of ace and peter criss. gene & paul and their attorney's got together because the no make up kiss just wasn't up to par for the monies gene and paul owed polygram. they cooked up the reunion as a scam to make big bank on the old fanbase and nostalgia of the mark 4 era band. so, in effect they knew ace was hurting for money and peter especially... so they bought peter out including his face design and character. ace rented his out. kiss always intended to put those faces on new members... they knew what they were doing. eric carr was laid to rest and vinnie vincent was never considered.
FOR THE LAST TIME

JUST LIKE PETER DID.
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

caligari wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm
FOR THE LAST TIME

JUST LIKE PETER DID.
Remember a few years back when Ace couldn’t stop talking about that? That was a big thing in all his interviews. It was his way of lashing out at Paul and Gene when the interviewer bright up Tommy Thayer. He went so far as to say he’d be getting his rights back soon even! Until the cease and desist letter came in that is.

Then it was all…”Um, I was a little confused when I was talking about all of that.”

It’s not a lie if YOU believe it.
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

I think Ace is a smart guy—street smarts. But at this point in his life, not sure if he is super dialed in or pays attention to most details.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Asylumize wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:45 pm How long was Peter on the payroll after leaving Kiss in 80? In Kiss and Sell it says he was still getting a quarter share of everything until 83?? Why would they continue to pay him if he was such a pain in the ass according to G&P? Is this why Paul hates him so much?? ( one of many reasons I’m sure ) Musy have driven Paul crazy to have to pay him for doing nothing while the band was on life support!
he still owned 1/4 of kiss
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by steveh67 »

mot$$33 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:26 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:53 am
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:13 am
lord71 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 am
Didn't he have 200 or 300 k cash with him at the same time he was planning to kill himself?
That's quite a lot money...
It is at face value, but it really wasn't when you consider he was in his late 40s (maybe early 50s?) and he had no source of regular income. That money wasn't going to last him the rest of his life.
I believe Peter said his last 100k.

He was about to be neighbors with Christopher Dickinson.
“Christopher Dickinson”. Awesome. What a wonderful Donohue episode that was. Should start a thread on it. What an idiot that lady and her mom were for taking him in. Haha.
I still haven't seen her on TV?