Ace & Peter "Bad Boys 2022" Tour...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Ace & Peter "Bad Boys 2022" Tour...

Post by Doose »

Imagine Ace and Peter decided to actually rehearse and go on tour together in 2022. How big of venues could they realistically fill?

Can you imagine these two trying to rehearse, get a proper manager, get a proper road manager, do publicity, etc.?
Last edited by Doose on Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmints5723
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: Ace & Peter "Bad Boys 2022" Tour...

Post by kmints5723 »

And tagline is
WE ARE WON
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Doose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:29 pm How big of venues could they realistically fill?
A shed, maybe?
Holmgren
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Holmgren »

At least two nights at MSG.
Maybe eight.
They are the real shit.
weboes
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by weboes »

I would assume they would be stuck in the same size places Ace plays so it doesn't make sense for Ace to do it.I would love to see that double bill. Maybe if they added another act(Bach?) they could get out of the bars and into a small theater.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I would be excited to see that!!
So Cruel
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by So Cruel »

Doose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:29 pm Imagine Ace and Peter decided to actually rehearse and go on tour together in 2022. How big of venues could they realistically fill?

Can you imagine these two trying to rehearse, get a proper manager, get a proper road manager, do publicity, etc.?
What’s the point of this? Peter’s retired, he’ll be 76 years old next year. He doesn’t need to “try to rehearse, get a manager, do publicity”. Ace has everything in place to do his tours.
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

1000 seaters tops, probably less.
strutter78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by strutter78 »

I really can’t imagine it. It would never happen. Maybe 200-400 people in the big markets. Peter is done and Ace doesn’t draw much either.
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Doose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:29 pm Imagine Ace and Peter decided to actually rehearse and go on tour together in 2022. How big of venues could they realistically fill?

What’s the point of this? Peter’s retired, he’ll be 76 years old next year. He doesn’t need to “try to rehearse, get a manager, do publicity”. Ace has everything in place to do his tours.
Charlie Watts is in his eighties and he still tours. Mick and Keith are close to eighty and they still tour. Eric Clapton, Paul MCCartney, Alice Cooper, Ringo Starr, Pete Townsend, and Roger Daltrey still tour.

If Ace was inviting Peter along and there was enough money to satisfy Peter, then I could see it happening. Will it happen? I seriously doubt it. However, it is a show that I certainly would not miss!
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Whoa....

50-100 people?

I mean outside of the diehards who would give a rats ass.
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

That would be Bad Ass!!!
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

It would be great if Peter got an acoustic guitarist, and did "town hall" type shows on his own where he simply sang songs and told stories. He can easily get a nice crowd in 4-5-6 big cities.
torgotheme
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by torgotheme »

It'd be less like their '95 run as the "Bad Boys" and more like Ace's recent tours, with Peter added almost as a special guest. Peter hasn't been active in recording or touring, so I can't imagine they'd have equal time at a performance. Since both of those guys are now in their 70s, I'd hope they could pick a tour name more age-appropriate (Slightly Cranky Men 2022, perhaps).

Frankly, it'd be great in the right hands. That band that did Peter's last show was cool, but I'd like to see him playing with more seasoned musicians and dig into the soul/R&B more. Paul Schaffer would be a cool musical director (for Peter) and would probably make smart decisions (I'm ignoring his involvement in One For All). I don't think Peter needs to sing doo-wop oldies, but I also scratched my head when he did "Strutter" at his final show. There's a ton of great material that Peter could knock out of the park.

Ace was definitely on the right track before COVID hit, doing his '78 solo album in its entirety and more deep cuts live. As I said, it could be REALLY cool, but only in the right hands. Those 2 guys have enough material that they wouldn't need to do DRC or Love Gun or R&RAN. Those songs wouldn't draw more people into a Criss/Frehley show anyway, so we don't need to hear them for the millionth time, IMO.

And it would have to happen soon. They aren't spring chickens anymore.
slipkid69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slipkid69 »

I mean are Kiss fans really that desperate for entertainment? Who wants to see a nearly deaf sloppy guitar player and a drummer who was barely getting by 25 years ago do a tour?? Lol
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

Nice, we needed a new thread shitting on Ace and Peter.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

slipkid69 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 pm I mean are Kiss fans really that desperate for entertainment? Who wants to see a nearly deaf sloppy guitar player and a drummer who was barely getting by 25 years ago do a tour?? Lol
I think it would be cool.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

redinthesky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:57 pm It would be great if Peter got an acoustic guitarist, and did "town hall" type shows on his own where he simply sang songs and told stories. He can easily get a nice crowd in 4-5-6 big cities.
I would love to see that.
Doose

Post by Doose »

redinthesky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:57 pm It would be great if Peter got an acoustic guitarist, and did "town hall" type shows on his own where he simply sang songs and told stories. He can easily get a nice crowd in 4-5-6 big cities.
I don't know how much he could really draw. When he did his last show in NYC in 2017, I think they had a hard time selling 100, 150 tickets in the heart of NYC.
So Cruel
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by So Cruel »

slipkid69 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 pm I mean are Kiss fans really that desperate for entertainment? Who wants to see a nearly deaf sloppy guitar player and a drummer who was barely getting by 25 years ago do a tour?? Lol
I’d rather see the deaf sloppy guitar player than the Frankenstein-ish boring guitar player
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Doose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:36 pm
I don't know how much he could really draw. When he did his last show in NYC in 2017, I think they had a hard time selling 100, 150 tickets in the heart of NYC.
If Ace was there, more tickets would probably be sold.
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

I don’t think Peter is interested in this at all. But if it was happening, hell ya I’d go.

Folks are taking low blows at them in this thread. I saw Ace twice in recent years 2018 (old band) & 2019 (new band—Gene Simmons Band). Both times he played to around 500 people.

Was it perfect? No.
Was it tons of fun? Absolutely.

I’d actually say the same thing about the 2 EOTR gigs I caught.
⬆️ Would be great.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I never understood why Ace, Peter, Bruce (hell - try to get Vinnie too) didn't put a show together.

Seems to be the most obvious thing to do business wise when it comes to KISS fans - former KISS members doing a tour together. Like Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth touring together.
So Cruel
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by So Cruel »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:57 pm I never understood why Ace, Peter, Bruce (hell - try to get Vinnie too) didn't put a show together.

Seems to be the most obvious thing to do business wise when it comes to KISS fans - former KISS members doing a tour together. Like Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth touring together.
I would imagine it would be hard to figure out the split. Ace will feel he’s the biggest name and draw and he should get the biggest cut. If a show with Ace/Peter/Vinnie draws 1000 people and Ace figures he can get 800 on his own with 40 meet n greets then why would he want to do the tour with Peter and Vinnie.
C

Post by C »

In FULL 1979 COSTUMES !!!!!
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:08 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:57 pm I never understood why Ace, Peter, Bruce (hell - try to get Vinnie too) didn't put a show together.

I would imagine it would be hard to figure out the split. Ace will feel he’s the biggest name and draw and he should get the biggest cut. If a show with Ace/Peter/Vinnie draws 1000 people and Ace figures he can get 800 on his own with 40 meet n greets then why would he want to do the tour with Peter and Vinnie.
I would think that Ace, Peter, Bruce and Vinnie going on tour would draw far more than just Ace on his own to justify doing it, but who knows. I guess I am surprised that it has never been tried even for a few shows just to see the response.
So Cruel
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by So Cruel »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:16 pm

I would think that Ace, Peter, Bruce and Vinnie going on tour would draw far more than just Ace on his own to justify doing it, but who knows. I guess I am surprised that it has never been tried even for a few shows just to see the response.
It would draw more, but how much more? Anyone going is likely a Kiss fan. Vinnie on his own right now would draw fly’s. He’s not bringing in much at all. Bruce? He’s not a name on his own. Peter does have some name recognition, but likely anyone who would see Peter would be seeing Ace anyways. It’s the same crowd.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

Bruce wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:49 pm
Doose wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:29 pm How big of venues could they realistically fill?
A shed, maybe?
Yea, the shed in my backyard
Last edited by sugardaddy on Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Haha!! Aww ... I know what you mean. As do we all ...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:21 pm

It would draw more, but how much more? Anyone going is likely a Kiss fan. Vinnie on his own right now would draw fly’s. He’s not bringing in much at all. Bruce? He’s not a name on his own. Peter does have some name recognition, but likely anyone who would see Peter would be seeing Ace anyways. It’s the same crowd.
I don't mean so much today - but when current KISS first became a thing to now. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

Aren't 200 people+ going to these Vinnie shows in the last couple of years. I imagine if he wasn't charging so much, more people would go. :D
41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

It was also priced much more than an ordinary show, including dinner, etc, about 250 dollars per seat in a dinner theater type environment and he made the point to personally meet and greet everyone. It was meant to be a more exclusive event and I know some people could just not go at that price. If he played shows at more regular club prices he could maybe draw a few hundred and be comparable to Ace in terms of attendance. But he is retired anyway and that show was a great way to go out.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

The Good err…Old Bad Boys Tour live from Bob’s Country Bunker!
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

To be fair, tickets for that show were $275 and that was for people having absolutely no idea what to expect from a guy who hasn't played live in a very long time. Plus, I think you had to buy dinner and drinks as well (I could be mistaken though). I was one who thought the show would not be good, but seeing the footage turned out to be fantastic.

If Peter today played the biggest cities advertising an acoustic night of songs and stories, with relatively little expense (two guys and a guitar mainly), and charged even just a $50=$75 ticket (a bit more for the M&G of course)I believe it would do nicely.
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

If Ace plays his entire 1978 solo album they would be playing stadiums. Ace's "good friends" Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards would have the Stones open for them. It would be the most celebrated tour in history.
Kissest
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Kissest »

redinthesky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 pm
To be fair, tickets for that show were $275 and that was for people having absolutely no idea what to expect from a guy who hasn't played live in a very long time. Plus, I think you had to buy dinner and drinks as well (I could be mistaken though). I was one who thought the show would not be good, but seeing the footage turned out to be fantastic.

If Peter today played the biggest cities advertising an acoustic night of songs and stories, with relatively little expense (two guys and a guitar mainly), and charged even just a $50=$75 ticket (a bit more for the M&G of course)I believe it would do nicely.

It was completely sold out Doose.. no hard time at all selling out the show in the heart of NYC. The ticket included full meal , show and after the show Peter met us and took pictures. It was an awesome show and I'm glad I made the trip in to see it live. If Ace and Peter did
anything together at this point I think there would be a huge draw . After all they are Kiss too. One can wish .. doubt it will happen.
Peacebrother
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Peacebrother »

I think they would play the same types of theaters and clubs that Ace plays now.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Ace Frehley & Peter Criss
The Bad Boys of KISS Farewell Tour 2022

* New York
* ?
* ?
* Los Angeles

Japan x3
Australia x3

2-day events

Day 1:
Autograph Signing/Photo-Op (limited to pre-determined amount)
Opportunity for them to sell their guitars/drumheads/etc.

Night 2:
No opening act
video - 20 minute video retrospective of Ace/Peter
performance - Peter 30 minutes
performance - Ace 30 minutes
performance - Peter & Ace 30 minutes

Plain and simple.

They show up for two days.
Collect massive revenue in signing Day 1.
Appease the fans with a performance the Night 2.

No rushed schedule.
No expo BS.
No SFX/horror convention BS.
No KISS cover bands.
No expo-style vendor tables.

Above locations are rough frame.
This can be wrapped up in 20 shows worldwide within a 6 month span.
Publicly invite Gene & Paul to join in for a song or two at a tour stop of their choice :D

Retire.

EOne Heavy release 71 color/shape variants of Bad Boys Farewell: A-Live Tour 3 LP set.

Show them how the bad boys do it.
Doose

Post by Doose »

misterhand80 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:14 am Ace Frehley & Peter Criss
The Bad Boys of KISS Farewell Tour 2022

* New York
* ?
* ?
* Los Angeles

Japan x3
Australia x3

2-day events

Day 1:
Autograph Signing/Photo-Op (limited to pre-determined amount)
Opportunity for them to sell their guitars/drumheads/etc.

Night 2:
No opening act
video - 20 minute video retrospective of Ace/Peter
performance - Peter 30 minutes
performance - Ace 30 minutes
performance - Peter & Ace 30 minutes

Plain and simple.

They show up for two days.
Collect massive revenue in signing Day 1.
Appease the fans with a performance the Night 2.

No rushed schedule.
No expo BS.
No SFX/horror convention BS.
No KISS cover bands.
No expo-style vendor tables.

Above locations are rough frame.
This can be wrapped up in 20 shows worldwide within a 6 month span.
Publicly invite Gene & Paul to join in for a song or two at a tour stop of their choice :D

Retire.

EOne Heavy release 71 color/shape variants of Bad Boys Farewell: A-Live Tour 3 LP set.

Show them how the bad boys do it.
I think this is exactly the type of event/format that would work for them, and I think it would do well. Unfortunately, I think they're too lazy to do it, and they're not surrounded by people capable of doing it.
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

With the proper marketing (and a bit of guerilla marketing including the Kiss logo and Ace and Peter in makeup) they could draw at least 500 people somewhere.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm
So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:21 pm

I don't mean so much today - but when current KISS first became a thing to now. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

Aren't 200 people+ going to these Vinnie shows in the last couple of years. I imagine if he wasn't charging so much, more people would go. :D
I think Vinnie is a great guitarist and songwriter. I live right here in Nashville where he will put on a couple of shows. I am sure the shows will be good. However, there is no way that I will spend Vinnie prices for tickets.

I feel the same way about Ace. There is no way I would pay Vinnie prices to see him.
Doose

Post by Doose »

jannep17 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 am With the proper marketing (and a bit of guerilla marketing including the Kiss logo and Ace and Peter in makeup) they could draw at least 500 people somewhere.
I'm sure Ace and Peter have a ton of their own memorabilia and could do a KISS Konvention-style tour. Charge $100 per ticket, and then charge extra for autographs and photos.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:24 pm Nice, we needed a new thread shitting on Ace and Peter.
Not really, they're old and aren't well known outside of diehard KISS fans.

Not their faults but when asked about a Tour with these two virtually unknown musicians it's fair baseball to say it wouldn't draw much of an attendance.
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by wjs296 »

HOFCity wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:43 am
LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:24 pm Nice, we needed a new thread shitting on Ace and Peter.

Not their faults but when asked about a Tour with these two virtually unknown musicians it's fair baseball to say it wouldn't draw much of an attendance.
I agree that the attendance would not be large but "virtually unknown" musicians - That is utterly ridiculous. You obviously were not around in the 70's.
B5Erik
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

I saw the 1994 Bad Boys Tour. They played to about 300 people in San Diego. Sold out! (Tiny club.)
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

wjs296 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:00 am
HOFCity wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:43 am

I agree that the attendance would not be large but "virtually unknown" musicians - That is utterly ridiculous. You obviously were not around in the 70's.
I'll rephrase, people might know of them ( or have heard of them ) but enough to care about in 2021 ?

I don't think so.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I honestly think it would do pretty decent. I like the idea of short sets individually and then playing a short set together as someone suggested earlier.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I honestly think it would do pretty decent. I like the idea of short sets individually and then playing a short set together as someone suggested earlier.
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

Bad boys… 😂😂😂😂😂
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Much Too Soon »

I’d go.