41 years ago today Eric Carr was leaving this house for his first KISS show!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
mbrunn
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

41 years ago today Eric Carr was leaving this house for his first KISS show!

Post by mbrunn »

Nothing crazy spectacular but last year I visited Eric Carr’s house that he left from the day of his first ever KISS show. Just imagine the excitement him and his family must have felt as he left this house that day!

rwgriffith
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: 41 years ago today Eric Carr was leaving this house for his first KISS show!

Post by rwgriffith »

Wow. 41 years...thanks for sharing the video!!
woodworm001

Re: 41 years ago today Eric Carr was leaving this house for his first KISS show!

Post by woodworm001 »

Thanks, I find this sort of stuff really cool. Anyone know what Eric's house was like years later?
FlamingRuth
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by FlamingRuth »

Very nice. Thank you for the video. 😎

I love those old pics of Eric with the little mustache. 🥰
detroit_01
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

bought one of those palladium t-shirts. still got it!
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

In the olden days, at least, dreams really did come true!
PassMeBy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by PassMeBy »

Thanks.
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

8)
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

mbrunn wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 am Nothing crazy spectacular but last year I visited Eric Carr’s house that he left from the day of his first ever KISS show. Just imagine the excitement him and his family must have felt as he left this house that day!

Man I feel so old (Well, I AM!). I still have my Palladium shirt!

Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

detroit_01 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:38 am bought one of those palladium t-shirts. still got it!
Nice job!!!
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

Tommyr wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:39 pm
mbrunn wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 am Nothing crazy spectacular but last year I visited Eric Carr’s house that he left from the day of his first ever KISS show. Just imagine the excitement him and his family must have felt as he left this house that day!

Nice!!! Looks great
sneed78
Banned

Post by sneed78 »

🧡 🦊 🏠
mbrunn
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mbrunn »

Very cool! So wish I had been able to go to that show.
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

Thanks for the video.
You can see the happiness on his face!!
wjs296
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by wjs296 »

I have mine too! I remember being 16 and taking the train down from Poughkeepsie with some friends from high school. It was really exciting as we had little information as this was before the internet. Only a year earlier, I was at the Garden seeing them for the first time.
caligari

Post by caligari »

Thank you Mike! Awesome Video!
Sadly I could not go
BUT I was glued to the 11:00 news broadcasts with my handy cassette player at its ready because
I knew
I knew
That even though UNMASKED was having trouble on the charts
The THE NEW MEMBER OF KISS
WAS GONNA BE BIG NEWS!

I still have that cassette
And by hopping from channel to channel
between channels 2, 4 & 7
I was able to record 2 different broadcasts.
Both featured DETROIT ROCK CITY
but from 2 different places in the song
This was the first time I heard
Paul singing DETROIT ROCK CITY
In that EXTRA MELODIC STYLE that he adopted
for the UNMASKED TOUR

BONUS ROCK TRIVIA:
That same night
and mentioned in one of the broadcasts
Pat Benatar was playing in
central park
for the first time promoting her first album and her big single
“heartbreaker”
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

wjs296 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:08 am

I have mine too! I remember being 16 and taking the train down from Poughkeepsie with some friends from high school. It was really exciting as we had little information as this was before the internet. Only a year earlier, I was at the Garden seeing them for the first time.
Small world, I'm in / from Poughkeepsie! I was 22 at the time.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

I was born in Poughkeepsie.
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:58 am I was born in Poughkeepsie.
Me too. Still here. Will die here. Although I hate the city of Poughkeepsie, it's a shit hole. You need to wear a bullet proof vest if you go down there. I used to o to The Chance all the time. WAY back when.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Tommyr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:09 pm
Me too. Still here. Will die here. Although I hate the city of Poughkeepsie, it's a shit hole. You need to wear a bullet proof vest if you go down there. I used to o to The Chance all the time. WAY back when.
I only lived there for like 18 months or something, and then we moved to Maryland and later Connecticut, which is where I mostly grew up. I was just trying to remember if I've ever been back to Poughkeepsie since then. I don't think I have. Maybe once a long long time ago.

There's a record called 'Climb Aboard With Frivolous Sal' by Larry Plover & The Frivolous Sal Volunteers, which I think was recorded at the Chance when it was called Frivolous Sal's Last Chance Saloon...but I'm not certain. It's somewhere in Poughkeepsie, though, and my parents are in the crowd on the cover looking very young. I always think of that when I hear about the Chance.
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 pm
Tommyr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:09 pm
I only lived there for like 18 months or something, and then we moved to Maryland and later Connecticut, which is where I mostly grew up. I was just trying to remember if I've ever been back to Poughkeepsie since then. I don't think I have. Maybe once a long long time ago.

There's a record called 'Climb Aboard With Frivolous Sal' by Larry Plover & The Frivolous Sal Volunteers, which I think was recorded at the Chance when it was called Frivolous Sal's Last Chance Saloon...but I'm not certain. It's somewhere in Poughkeepsie, though, and my parents are in the crowd on the cover looking very young. I always think of that when I hear about the Chance.
I certainly remember when it was called Frivolous Sal's Last Chance Saloon. I've seen many shows there over the years including Ace about 4 times and Paul during his first solo tour. Not a bad seat in the house in that place. It's been for sale for quite a while now.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Here's the record.

My parents are on the right side of the lower left picture, my dad with a buzz cut and his back to the camera, my mom looking towards the camera
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:50 pm Here's the record.

My parents are on the right side of the lower left picture, my dad with a buzz cut and his back to the camera, my mom looking towards the camera
Cool! Never seen that before.
wjs296
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by wjs296 »

Tommyr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:43 am

I grew up in Tillson which is in between Kingston and New Paltz. Still in the general area. It is a small world....
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

wjs296 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Tommyr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:43 am

I grew up in Tillson which is in between Kingston and New Paltz. Still in the general area. It is a small world....
My sister and niece used to live in Tillson! Over by the cemetery. Small world indeed.
detroit_01
Banned

Post by detroit_01 »

poughkeepsie used to be nice about 30 years ago... i used to be on peter cooper drive back then...
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

detroit_01 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:07 am poughkeepsie used to be nice about 30 years ago... i used to be on peter cooper drive back then...
That's where I am now. Been here for 58 years.