Easy Thing vs Forever

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.

Easy Thing vs. Forever

Easy Thing
40%
Forever
55%
Neither!
5%

Total votes: 154

redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Re: Easy Thing vs Forever

Post by redinthesky »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 pm
redinthesky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:28 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:21 pm
redinthesky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Funny how the guy who always explains to everyone else what an "opinion" is if he disagrees with them, says what he states is the "truth," right?
You’re so passive/aggressive. Do you really feel compelled to take a jab at me over something as trivial as this? Ok then. 🤷🏻‍♂️
If it's so trivial, did you have to feel compelled to "correct" the OP with your "truth?"

The very first thing you did in this thread was immediately "correct" the OP. You're the only one who felt the need to do that. And yes, you do always say how others feel is their "opinion," but when you do it, you are, stating a "truth." You even had to throw in how "obvious" the "truth" was, as if the OP was just clueless.

And now you're doing the "Who, me" part of the routine after being called out. Again. You bring this upon yourself.
I bring what? The wrath of the fiery passive/aggressive redhead? Oh no!!! 😂😂😂

Interesting that you come after me but completely ignore Grand Classic, who does this in every single topic. But please, continue to overreact to something minor and unimportant. You do you, as they say…
Grand and I have jostled in the past, more than once. Same with me and other posters. But it's not fair you bring him up in something that has nothing to do with him. Can't blame him for defending himself. All I did here was point out something you do all the time, and again, you play "Who, me" and shift. I didn't make it into a big deal - you did. And when you get rattled these days, you tend to get personal - first the certain names you have called me which I won't repeat, and now "fiery passive/aggressive redhead?" Frankly, I'd say I'm being quite calm. And the "redhead" thing as if that's to be mocked - well, I'll say nothing.
Last edited by redinthesky on Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Mr Slow »

...Anyway, moving on! YEESH! 🙄

I think Forever is the better song. Vocally it’s far superior and it just flows better. The mellow intro, the big catchy chorus, the solo is sublime and the outro is perfect. Having said that, I don’t play it often. I have to be in the mood for it.
tazchris
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by tazchris »

Forever beats out Easy Thing, but Don't You Let Me Down beats out Forever.
kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by kenn.ace »

Easy Thing
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

tazchris wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:17 pm Forever beats out Easy Thing, but Don't You Let Me Down beats out Forever.
I do have a soft spot for DYLMD. Not sure if I like it more than Forever, but it is a good little tune. Almost a country type song.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Forever. Bruce solo is just perfect.
Peacebrother
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Peacebrother »

Easy Thing
zenshaman
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by zenshaman »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:21 pm

You’re so passive/aggressive. Do you really feel compelled to take a jab at me over something as trivial as this? Ok then. 🤷🏻‍♂️
If it's so trivial, did you have to feel compelled to "correct" the OP with your "truth?"

The very first thing you did in this thread was immediately "correct" the OP. You're the only one who felt the need to do that. And yes, you do always say how others feel is their "opinion," but when you do it, you are, stating a "truth." You even had to throw in how "obvious" the "truth" was, as if the OP was just clueless.

And now you're doing the "Who, me" part of the routine after being called out. Again. You bring this upon yourself.

Interesting that you come after me but completely ignore Grand Classic, who does this in every single topic. But please, continue to overreact to something minor and unimportant. You do you, as they say…
I admit it can be a burden to always be right, but at least I don't go around giving lessons to various members on the difference between opinion vs. fact like you constantly do and then you go ahead and state your opinions as facts. You do this all the time.

I don't give a shit if you want to provide your opinions as facts like you do as Red pointed out - knock yourself out, but stop with the opinions/facts lessons. That is hypocrisy.
Long time member here but rarely post, more of a lurker but this happens to be one of the most asinine things I have read on this forum and I have seen some asinine posts here. You are not always right and I have seen you lecture people about opinions and facts. Unless you're really taking the piss with your post :D :D :D :D :D :D
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

zenshaman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:08 am

I admit it can be a burden to always be right, but at least I don't go around giving lessons to various members on the difference between opinion vs. fact like you constantly do and then you go ahead and state your opinions as facts. You do this all the time.

I don't give a shit if you want to provide your opinions as facts like you do as Red pointed out - knock yourself out, but stop with the opinions/facts lessons. That is hypocrisy.
Long time member here but rarely post, more of a lurker but this happens to be one of the most asinine things I have read on this forum and I have seen some asinine posts here. You are not always right and I have seen you lecture people about opinions and facts. Unless you're really taking the piss with your post :D :D :D :D :D :D
Perhaps you should remain a lurker. I have never given "lessons" on the difference between fact vs opinion like some public service announcement like Slow does to correct people.
zenshaman
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by zenshaman »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 am

Perhaps you should remain a lurker. I have never given "lessons" on the difference between fact vs opinion like some public service announcement like Slow does to correct people.

Hit a nerve did I? Your posts in the thread about what is Kiss's best album creatively and musically has you stating your opinions as facts and educating others about facts and opinions. And who are you to dictate that I should remain a lurker?
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

mamado wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 pm Both TURDS to the highest degree. :puker: :puker: :puker: :flower:
Damn, “Both turds” should have been the third option! :flower:
Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 pm Easy Thing and Beth really are very different songs.
Agreed. Plus, if you knock Easy Thing for being a cynical shot at Beth part 2 why not say that Forever was Paul trying to score his own "Beth?"

Plus, the Beth trilogy is obviously Beth/Kiss the Girl Goodbye/Good Times.
I Am A FREAK

Post by I Am A FREAK »

Neither!
aceeg

Post by aceeg »

Who sings easy thing?
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Easy Thing is better, but the backing vocals and bells & whistles are too over the top, which is a common problem with alot of Peter's solo material. Less is more.
aceeg

Post by aceeg »

Wow easy thing for sure sounds like the Beatles
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Paul's singing on Forever is atrocious. And it's an awful, contrived song.

Easy Thing is sincere yacht rock, and extremely well-performed.
criss75
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by criss75 »

Forever is s good song compared to the other ballads that came out in the Eighties.
Last edited by criss75 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

zenshaman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 am

Hit a nerve did I? Your posts in the thread about what is Kiss's best album creatively and musically has you stating your opinions as facts and educating others about facts and opinions. And who are you to dictate that I should remain a lurker?
You didn't hit a nerve at all. You are just wrong - that thread isn't the same at ALL as Slow. That is why you should have remained a lurker, because you don't know what you are talking about.
zenshaman
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by zenshaman »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:46 am

You didn't hit a nerve at all. You are just wrong - that thread isn't the same at ALL as Slow. That is why you should have remained a lurker, because you don't know what you are talking about.
Once again who are you to dictate that I should have remained a lurker?
You have been proven wrong under your various guises many times and when you get called out you can't handle it, you shift goalposts, resort to bullying etc
Look I'm not here to argue with you, a lot of what you post has valid points and reason but when someone doesn't share the same point of view as you that's when you try to ram it down that you are right and they are wrong
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

zenshaman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm

You have been proven wrong under your various guises many times and when you get called out you can't handle it, you shift goalposts, resort to bullying etc
Look I'm not here to argue with you, a lot of what you post has valid points and reason but when someone doesn't share the same point of view as you that's when you try to ram it down that you are right and they are wrong
Welcome to discussion forums and social media where debate - even heated debate happens. If you have been lurking this long, then you probably realize that people have different personalities and ways of expressing themselves and that's not going to change. Thanks for coming out.
jconnors
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

Easy thing.

Fantastic track.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Forever isn’t worthy of washing Easy Thing’s feet!
d4nugster
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by d4nugster »

a lot would root more for forever if it wasn't a hit. i do favor forever though as easy thing comes off as formulaic. formulaic in the sense that peter was obviously shooting for beth v2, v3 etc. with his solo ballads.
zenshaman
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by zenshaman »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:42 pm
zenshaman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Welcome to discussion forums and social media where debate - even heated debate happens. If you have been lurking this long, then you probably realize that people have different personalities and ways of expressing themselves and that's not going to change. Thanks for coming out.
Once again you haven’t answered my question. Who are you to dictate that I should have remained a lurker? I have been a board member for 12 years but choose not to post much, if at all
And every single person on this planet is unique. Debates and heated debates happen, there is no issue with that. It’s how people conduct themselves with disrespect towards others then that is an issue.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

2021 Paul Stanley prefers Easy Thing and it’s not even close. Waaaay more SOUL.
Sinisha
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Sinisha »

Last edited by Sinisha on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Man, just gave Easy Thing a spin. It could be Peter’s best ever vocal. The part that starts “When you find your love, will you know it’s real…” is absolutely wonderful…and yes, better than Paul on Forever. There’s so much pain and vulnerability in the soulful delivery…truly brilliant from the catman.

Compared to Easy Thing, Forever is just the musical equivalent of saccharine.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Under The Rose wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 am Man, just gave Easy Thing a spin. It could be Peter’s best ever vocal. The part that starts “When you find your love, will you know it’s real…” is absolutely wonderful…and yes, better than Paul on Forever. There’s so much pain and vulnerability in the soulful delivery…truly brilliant from the catman.

Compared to Easy Thing, Forever is just the musical equivalent of saccharine.
Spot on! Love it how Easy Thing builds up, totally feel it when Peter sings those lines you mentioned. He's on it, and brilliant indeed. The production is pretty solid too, Vini Poncia does deserves some praise for putting it all together.

Those saying Easy Thing is just another attempt to recreate Beth are just not listening. Apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they are both slow, even the lyrics are nothing alike.

Never ever cared for Forever at all. Turd of the highest order. Enough said.