Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by acefan1975 »

px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:01 pm I welcome all opinions, everyone can like what they like

Legit question to Nibbs. You say this is Kiss' most successful tour. I'm not here to deny that.

If you were given the choice of attending a concert would you opt to see the original band in 1977, or the current lineup in 2021?
‘77

HANDS DOWN

IT’S NOT EVEN A LEGIT QUESTION

NO COMPARISON
I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 23300
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Anomaly »

Sellouts weeks ahead of a show are... good now?

(This is about to go over the heads of some.)
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

acefan1975 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:01 pm I welcome all opinions, everyone can like what they like

Legit question to Nibbs. You say this is Kiss' most successful tour. I'm not here to deny that.

If you were given the choice of attending a concert would you opt to see the original band in 1977, or the current lineup in 2021?
‘77

HANDS DOWN

IT’S NOT EVEN A LEGIT QUESTION

NO COMPARISON
I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
And that excludes merch and meet and greets
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

Sorry for all the damn double or triple posts. I was supposed to edit my comments to say that EOTR was Kiss' most successful tour financially. I agree with Nibs on that one, but I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

I'm happy to keep member employee expenses the same or assume Ace and Peter are potentially higher outlays in today's figures as compared to Tommy and Eric; a hypothetical gross v gross and nett v nett would be interesting
User avatar
ACESTATION
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2921
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by ACESTATION »

px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.

However, if they had done Meet & Greets and instrument sales on the Reunion Tour - WOW. They would have really cleaned up. I would have done it then for $1,000 or $1,500 in a heartbeat, and I bet Ace could have sold 10 "stage played" guitars a night.
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

Really, more asses on seats on this current tour than 96-97? That surprises me

Merch needs to be taken into account also
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 am
ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.

However, if they had done Meet & Greets and instrument sales on the Reunion Tour - WOW. They would have really cleaned up. I would have done it then for $1,000 or $1,500 in a heartbeat, and I bet Ace could have sold 10 "stage played" guitars a night.
Adjusted for inflation suggesting same as today's ticket prices or the current dollar value of what prices were then? There's a key difference there I would think
User avatar
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:42 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by TwistedTaste »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 am
ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.
Just how is that possible?

Kiss crushed it on the 96/97 tour. Multiple nights were commonplace as were quick sellouts. There is no way in hell the EOTR compares to The AWW tour. There must have been shenanigans involved in the numbers. EOTR tour can’t sustain even a single multiple night date in the same city and many of the dates were slow selling up until the week of the show where promoters were forced to offer tons of groupons and discounts.

What bullshit.
User avatar
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by acefan1975 »

ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Yes but ticket prices for concerts have risen much higher than the rate of inflation over the past 25 years. Average ticket cost for a KISS concert on the reunion tour was under 40 dollars looking at boxscores from St Paul, Cleveland, and Cincinatti, which were all sold out.

Average for the EOTR tour is over $100, and the demand is way lower. Since 1996 inflation is about 73% so a 40 dollar ticket in 1996 should be about $69 today. We know that is not the case.

One real world example - I attended the July 13 1996 show at the St. Paul Civic Center. My tickets were lower bowl, row 11, about 1/3 of the way back in the arena. I paid $38.75 from ticketmaster, with fees they were under $50. In todays world that should be a $86 dollar ticket.

Looking at sites now, a similar ticket is $175 and up. So using inflation to compare is not apples to apples, IMO. I do 100% agree that by gross numbers and if you use inflation, this tour is the most lucrative, and by that measure the most successful. I just believe that inflation only does not reflect on the touring model and how it has evolved over the past 25 years.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

battra wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:00 pm Nibbs, if you ever make it to the midwest, and St. Louis specifically...

You have the following options on me:

1. Mortons Steak (I just want an excuse to go)

2. $50 glass of scotch at the Scottish Arms

3. Entrance to any show I can get us into in STL that night and 2 beers.

4. Admittance to my personal vinyl sanctuary and we can listen to as many of my Kiss records as you decree...I'll also toss in a bottle of pretty much any whiskey you choose for the occassion.

We've had our tussles and will again, but you have an ability to allow the nutsackery flow off your back.... I envy that.
I’ve been working non stop, I haven’t had a chance to see this post. Or many others for that matter. Looks like you guys are having a blast without me!

Your invite is most gracious and I sincerely hope I get the chance. I’ll pick up those tickets for a Isles/Blues Finals I assure you.

Haven’t been in the area since 1985. I have family on Devonshire Ave in St. Louis Hills. Lovely neighborhood if I remember correctly.

Keep fighting the good fight!
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:01 pm I welcome all opinions, everyone can like what they like

Legit question to Nibbs. You say this is Kiss' most successful tour. I'm not here to deny that.

If you were given the choice of attending a concert would you opt to see the original band in 1977, or the current lineup in 2021?
‘77

HANDS DOWN

IT’S NOT EVEN A LEGIT QUESTION

NO COMPARISON
I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
Nothing will ever beat the “magic” of the Reunion era. It was a marvelous time for the KISS Army. Although magic is near impossible to measure or stack up in the data books.

I’d really love to help out with your experiment. There’s just too many holes to fill. I don’t have nearly enough data to make it work. I really wish I did, hand to God. Even if we did have the necessary figures, there’s too many intangibles. Off the bat we only have 8% of the data for 1997. That’s a big hole. But what I can say in certainty is this, KISS was the Top Tour of 1996…and they didn’t make the Top 10 in 1997.

All we have is what DID happenen, not what MIGHT HAVE happened. What IF Novak Djokovic came up 40 years ago and had to play with a wooden racket? Would his game translate? Or would he just be a top 20 player? It doesn’t matter, he didn’t. Like my father used to say…”If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle!”

The definition of success varies from person to person. Somewhere along the line the live music industry has decided to use gate receipts as the sole unit of measurement to quantify success. Each and every year it’s the only way they compile the Top Tours list. Even when KISS was the top tour in 1996, second place Garth Brooks sold 700,000 more tickets!

You can use whatever parameters you like to gauge success. That’s cool with me.

But answering your original question? Geez, as a fan who would pick today’s lineup over 1977?

Not me.
User avatar
CStomp1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3958
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: USA, Rockin' in the

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by CStomp1 »

Anomaly wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm Sellouts weeks ahead of a show are... good now?

(This is about to go over the heads of some.)
Very perceptive. I recall the discussions on this board a year or two ago about this very thing.
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2232
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

CStomp1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:29 am
Anomaly wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm Sellouts weeks ahead of a show are... good now?

(This is about to go over the heads of some.)
Very perceptive. I recall the discussions on this board a year or two ago about this very thing.
I concur. An EXCELLENT point!
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by misterhand80 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 am
ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
px74 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 pm I personally believe Reunion was their biggest and wondered how those attendances, merch sales and similar meet and greet numbers with today's prices would stack up against current tour gains
Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.
Just how is that possible?

Kiss crushed it on the 96/97 tour. Multiple nights were commonplace as were quick sellouts. There is no way in hell the EOTR compares to The AWW tour. There must have been shenanigans involved in the numbers. EOTR tour can’t sustain even a single multiple night date in the same city and many of the dates were slow selling up until the week of the show where promoters were forced to offer tons of groupons and discounts.

What bullshit.
You appear very upset over something you do not approve of and can't control. You also appear to have a problem with basic economics. The numbers, facts, figures are there. You may not like them, but they are there.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:01 am
CStomp1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:29 am
Anomaly wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm Sellouts weeks ahead of a show are... good now?

(This is about to go over the heads of some.)
Very perceptive. I recall the discussions on this board a year or two ago about this very thing.
I concur. An EXCELLENT point!
I second that motion.

It shows money was left on the table.

The market would withstand higher prices.
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2232
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

nibbler1982 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:19 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:01 am
CStomp1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:29 am
Anomaly wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm Sellouts weeks ahead of a show are... good now?

(This is about to go over the heads of some.)
Very perceptive. I recall the discussions on this board a year or two ago about this very thing.
I concur. An EXCELLENT point!
I second that motion.

It shows money was left on the table.

The market would withstand higher prices.
HURRAH!! Gene and Paul made EVEN MORE MONEY!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
User avatar
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:42 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by TwistedTaste »

misterhand80 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:18 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 am
ACESTATION wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Adjusted for inflation, the value of the dollar the 1996-2000 Reunion brought in way more money than now.
They say Nibs is still undefeated in an argument. There were discussions he has not won but I don't know that he has lost any.
Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.
Just how is that possible?

Kiss crushed it on the 96/97 tour. Multiple nights were commonplace as were quick sellouts. There is no way in hell the EOTR compares to The AWW tour. There must have been shenanigans involved in the numbers. EOTR tour can’t sustain even a single multiple night date in the same city and many of the dates were slow selling up until the week of the show where promoters were forced to offer tons of groupons and discounts.

What bullshit.
You appear very upset over something you do not approve of and can't control. You also appear to have a problem with basic economics. The numbers, facts, figures are there. You may not like them, but they are there.
It’s common sense - there’s no way the Farcical EOTR tour is IN ANY WAY or FACET more successful than the AWW tour. Its just not possible - I don’t care what way you guys spin it.
User avatar
ZachAttack
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3307
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by ZachAttack »

acefan1975 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:01 pm I welcome all opinions, everyone can like what they like

Legit question to Nibbs. You say this is Kiss' most successful tour. I'm not here to deny that.

If you were given the choice of attending a concert would you opt to see the original band in 1977, or the current lineup in 2021?
‘77

HANDS DOWN

IT’S NOT EVEN A LEGIT QUESTION

NO COMPARISON
I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
do you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
User avatar
dicksteel
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:24 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by dicksteel »

CIRCLE CIRCLE DOT DOT

COUNT THE MONEY IN THE POT

CIRCLE CIRCLE DOT DOT

PAULIE'S VOICE ISN'T SHOT

:flower: :sunny: :flower:
User avatar
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by acefan1975 »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am
acefan1975 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm

‘77

HANDS DOWN

IT’S NOT EVEN A LEGIT QUESTION

NO COMPARISON
I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
do you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
No, I suppose that is possible. Where did you see those figures?
Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 23300
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Anomaly »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am

do you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
I don't think it's that high.
User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 21475
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by battra »

nibbler1982 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:42 am
battra wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:00 pm Nibbs, if you ever make it to the midwest, and St. Louis specifically...

You have the following options on me:

1. Mortons Steak (I just want an excuse to go)

2. $50 glass of scotch at the Scottish Arms

3. Entrance to any show I can get us into in STL that night and 2 beers.

4. Admittance to my personal vinyl sanctuary and we can listen to as many of my Kiss records as you decree...I'll also toss in a bottle of pretty much any whiskey you choose for the occassion.

We've had our tussles and will again, but you have an ability to allow the nutsackery flow off your back.... I envy that.
I’ve been working non stop, I haven’t had a chance to see this post. Or many others for that matter. Looks like you guys are having a blast without me!

Your invite is most gracious and I sincerely hope I get the chance. I’ll pick up those tickets for a Isles/Blues Finals I assure you.

Haven’t been in the area since 1985. I have family on Devonshire Ave in St. Louis Hills. Lovely neighborhood if I remember correctly.

Keep fighting the good fight!
St. Louis Hills is one of the premiere working class neighborhoods in St. Louis. Mayors and judges live there.

Lovely place.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by misterhand80 »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am
misterhand80 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:18 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 am

Actually, they did adjust the 1996-2000 numbers for inflation, and today's grosses were still higher.
Just how is that possible?

Kiss crushed it on the 96/97 tour. Multiple nights were commonplace as were quick sellouts. There is no way in hell the EOTR compares to The AWW tour. There must have been shenanigans involved in the numbers. EOTR tour can’t sustain even a single multiple night date in the same city and many of the dates were slow selling up until the week of the show where promoters were forced to offer tons of groupons and discounts.

What bullshit.
You appear very upset over something you do not approve of and can't control. You also appear to have a problem with basic economics. The numbers, facts, figures are there. You may not like them, but they are there.
It’s common sense - there’s no way the Farcical EOTR tour is IN ANY WAY or FACET more successful than the AWW tour. Its just not possible - I don’t care what way you guys spin it.
Common sense.

$1 = $1

The facts & figures have been presented.

You remind me of our current culture where some people still don't believe things that have been proven to be true.
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
User avatar
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:42 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by TwistedTaste »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
User avatar
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by So Cruel »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
User avatar
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by joma5477 »

So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
The other thing is some people are intentionally trying to get a rise out of other people... Looks like it's working...
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
I agree with you that NOTHING will match the craziness and excitement of the AWW tour. My only point is the EOTR tour is doing great business, and actually grossing more per night than AWW. The bottom line will be 1. How much did it gross (show for show), and 2. How many people attended. I don't know why it upsets you so much that the EOTR tour is doing stellar business. To me, I think it's amazing consider 1. It's 25 years later, 2. You only have half the original band, 3. Paul is lip-syncing the entire show, and 4. It's drawing the casual rock fan, not the die-hard (like AWW did).

Given the preference, of course I'm going to say the AWW tour was handsdown better. But it doesn't take away from how impressive their numbers are today.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
He doesn’t have to. That would be padding stats.

He took what was ACTUALLY BROUGHT IN BY KISS IN 1996. Not by what you believe they could’ve brought in via some alternate universe. We can only use the numbers we have. They brought in successes of $470,523 per show. Period. Obviously that kind of money would’ve afforded you more back then than it can today. That’s why you would adjust for inflation. That figure comes to $758,141. That’s it’s success. EOTR IS doing much better.

You can’t possibly just punch in KISS’ current average ticket price into 1996’s data. It would be corrupt. For one…IT DIDN’T HAPPEN THAT WAY. But seriously…

There are a myriad of other factors to consider.

To get to today’s ticket average, dynamic pricing was in effect. If they used it back then it would’ve hampered attendance. Not to mention KISS’ fan base was much younger than. They didn’t have the disposable income they have now. If you look at history, KISS 1996 average was NO WAY near what the Eagles were charging. It shows the fans weren’t willing to pay a premium for their seats. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We don’t even have all the data for 1997. We have only EIGHT PERCENT of the boxscores. Remember, KISS was number one in 1996 but didn’t make the top ten in 1997. All we can look at is what happened. Not you YOU think might have.

Brother Doose’s logic is sound.

Yours is contaminated.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

acefan1975 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 am
ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am
acefan1975 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm
px74 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm

I agree Nibbs

I have no issue with your passion, I have it too. You are correct also that this is their most successful tour; no arguing that fact. I hope I get to see them the 3 times I have tix for in November! They will always be my number 1

I am partial to the originals but have no qualms with Kiss continuing. I wish the commentary by all original 4 was more harmonious, but that's their loss

My only difference in opinion as to measure of success is that I'm not only looking at financial profits. Though a key factor, it would be nice to compare apples with apples so to speak

The Reunion tour is the one I view as the most successful and I'd love your help with meticulous hypotheticals only. I base it on their sellout shows, multiple nights, the excitement of the makeup, the magazine coverage and the oft repeated statistic that they were the highest grossing tour amongst contemporaries that were considered A listers

The experiment is this;

could you please punch in today's average ticket prices, merch prices, meet and greet prices - let's assume the numbers are the same into the 96-97 era and see how that compared to the current one? I assume it will go somewhat towards convincing me that that was the most successful tour in the band's history

Not looking to shit stir, just a different pov
While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
do you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
No, I suppose that is possible. Where did you see those figures?
No, it’s not even remotely possible.

Unless Brother Zach was being facetious, myself and the facts STRENUOUSLY disagree with his assessment.
User avatar
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am
Location: NEW JERSEY

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by KIDGEO3 »

If anyone has 3 tickets that they are looking to get rid of, please let me know
User avatar
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by So Cruel »

nibbler1982 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 pm
So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
He doesn’t have to. That would be padding stats.

He took what was ACTUALLY BROUGHT IN BY KISS IN 1996. Not by what you believe they could’ve brought in via some alternate universe. We can only use the numbers we have. They brought in successes of $470,523 per show. Period. Obviously that kind of money would’ve afforded you more back then than it can today. That’s why you would adjust for inflation. That figure comes to $758,141. That’s it’s success. EOTR IS doing much better.

You can’t possibly just punch in KISS’ current average ticket price into 1996’s data. It would be corrupt. For one…IT DIDN’T HAPPEN THAT WAY. But seriously…

There are a myriad of other factors to consider.

To get to today’s ticket average, dynamic pricing was in effect. If they used it back then it would’ve hampered attendance. Not to mention KISS’ fan base was much younger than. They didn’t have the disposable income they have now. If you look at history, KISS 1996 average was NO WAY near what the Eagles were charging. It shows the fans weren’t willing to pay a premium for their seats. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We don’t even have all the data for 1997. We have only EIGHT PERCENT of the boxscores. Remember, KISS was number one in 1996 but didn’t make the top ten in 1997. All we can look at is what happened. Not you YOU think might have.

Brother Doose’s logic is sound.

Yours is contaminated.
You kind of went in circles there. Your reasoning is sound though and actually concurs directly with what I am getting at. Doose wants to plug 1996 numbers into an inflation calculator. Simply doesn’t work that way, to many variables. Like you said, tiered pricing, more disposable income, older audiences, etc... You cannot make an apples to apples comparison. If we are being honest with ourselves though I think we can conclude that while EOTR is factually the more profitable tour, that the reunion tour was their most popular tour (ticket demand, fan/media buzz, etc..).
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:10 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 pm
So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am

This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
He doesn’t have to. That would be padding stats.

He took what was ACTUALLY BROUGHT IN BY KISS IN 1996. Not by what you believe they could’ve brought in via some alternate universe. We can only use the numbers we have. They brought in successes of $470,523 per show. Period. Obviously that kind of money would’ve afforded you more back then than it can today. That’s why you would adjust for inflation. That figure comes to $758,141. That’s it’s success. EOTR IS doing much better.

You can’t possibly just punch in KISS’ current average ticket price into 1996’s data. It would be corrupt. For one…IT DIDN’T HAPPEN THAT WAY. But seriously…

There are a myriad of other factors to consider.

To get to today’s ticket average, dynamic pricing was in effect. If they used it back then it would’ve hampered attendance. Not to mention KISS’ fan base was much younger than. They didn’t have the disposable income they have now. If you look at history, KISS 1996 average was NO WAY near what the Eagles were charging. It shows the fans weren’t willing to pay a premium for their seats. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We don’t even have all the data for 1997. We have only EIGHT PERCENT of the boxscores. Remember, KISS was number one in 1996 but didn’t make the top ten in 1997. All we can look at is what happened. Not you YOU think might have.

Brother Doose’s logic is sound.

Yours is contaminated.
You kind of went in circles there. Your reasoning is sound though and actually concurs directly with what I am getting at. Doose wants to plug 1996 numbers into an inflation calculator. Simply doesn’t work that way, to many variables. Like you said, tiered pricing, more disposable income, older audiences, etc... You cannot make an apples to apples comparison. If we are being honest with ourselves though I think we can conclude that while EOTR is factually the more profitable tour, that the reunion tour was their most popular tour (ticket demand, fan/media buzz, etc..).
The only thing you can do is plug 1996 numbers into a CPI calculator.

Anything else is a hypothetical situation that hasn’t happened and would corrupt real numbers and hard data.

If the unit of measurement for success is gate receipts…which it is. Then there’s nothing left to say.

EOTR by a mile.
User avatar
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11084
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Mr Slow »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 amdo you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
I can’t even imagine that figure being accurate. KISS made 1M from ticket sales per show across 2019. If your number is correct that means the only profit they are making is merch, M&G’s and instrument sales. This would mean shows like this SOLD OUT 5,000 seater would be running at a loss.

I can’t really find more than maybe 400-500k total with wages for 200 crew, hire of the arena, pyrotechnics, transport, accommodation etc.
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

So Cruel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:59 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.
Doose isn’t really factoring in that current concert prices are selling well above inflation from 1996.
I think that is the key, which is why I was interested in today's ticket values plugged into AWW which is above inflation adjustment. That's my metric and opinion
User avatar
px74
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:12 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by px74 »

Not trying to ruffle feathers, just a differing polite opinion
User avatar
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Much Too Soon »

Promoters have raised prices because they have seen in the past what scalpers were charging. So why not push those extra profits to the band. So they use a Computer based algorithmic value price system to try to make the highest profit on each ticket. At the initial sale. Eliminating as much of the middle men as possible. There’s no way to compare ticket sale without knowing what scalpers sold them for on the Reunion tour.
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

In addition to higher grosses, remember for 2021 KISS:

1. Gene and Paul don't have to pay Ace and Peter $50k+ each per show
2. Eric and Tommy are salaried
3. They have various high-ticket Meet & Greets that they didn't have 1996-2000
4. They have instrument sales that they didn't have 1996-2000

I would imagine 2021 KISS is adding a lot more to Gene and Paul's bottom line than 1996-2000 KISS did.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by misterhand80 »

Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 pm In addition to higher grosses, remember for 2021 KISS:

1. Gene and Paul don't have to pay Ace and Peter $50k+ each per show
2. Eric and Tommy are salaried
3. They have various high-ticket Meet & Greets that they didn't have 1996-2000
4. They have instrument sales that they didn't have 1996-2000

I would imagine 2021 KISS is adding a lot more to Gene and Paul's bottom line than 1996-2000 KISS did.
5. Less headaches
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

misterhand80 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 pm
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 pm In addition to higher grosses, remember for 2021 KISS:

1. Gene and Paul don't have to pay Ace and Peter $50k+ each per show
2. Eric and Tommy are salaried
3. They have various high-ticket Meet & Greets that they didn't have 1996-2000
4. They have instrument sales that they didn't have 1996-2000

I would imagine 2021 KISS is adding a lot more to Gene and Paul's bottom line than 1996-2000 KISS did.
5. Less headaches
Priceless
User avatar
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by acefan1975 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 pm
acefan1975 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 am
ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am
acefan1975 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm

While I not Nibbler by any stretch, 13500-14000 per night with an average ticket price of 150-175 bucks would gross 2M per show. If they did about 150 shows or something like that on the reunion tour it would gross well north of 300M
do you realize it costs the band over a million dollars per show to put on a show?
No, I suppose that is possible. Where did you see those figures?
No, it’s not even remotely possible.

Unless Brother Zach was being facetious, myself and the facts STRENUOUSLY disagree with his assessment.
You are correct sir. According to data:
KISS managed to play 20 shows in 2020, generating $14.8 million in ticket sales and $5 million in take-home pay

So about 500K per show in expenses. 20 shows, 15M in revenue and a 5M take home means 10M in expenses for 20 shows, or 500K per show.
User avatar
LoveGuns
Posts: 17479
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by LoveGuns »

I was holding off to actually get the Ultimate VIP but nobody answers the vip hotline for a week now and nobody responds to the emails
User avatar
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Much Too Soon »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.

They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
User avatar
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:42 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by TwistedTaste »

Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 pm
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.

They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
Lmao. Algorithms! Lol
Are algorithms the reason they are playing only 1 night in each city? Algorithms are causing the groupons too, right?

Get outta here with this crap :D
User avatar
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Much Too Soon »

TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 pm
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Doose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:02 am Forget AWW and EOTR. Let's just take the '96 gross of $43 million. Today that's worth $70 million. How many shows did they do in just 1996? Divide $70 million by the number of shows, and that'll give you a 2021 adjusted gross average for each show.
This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.

They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
Lmao. Algorithms! Lol
Are algorithms the reason they are playing only 1 night in each city? Algorithms are causing the groupons too, right?

Get outta here with this crap :D
You sound funny but demonstrate that you truly live under a rock.
There’s not enough demand to sell out two or three shows at the increased FLOATING prices
being charged for each ticket. It’s designed to make more money on one show than on two shows
charging the old ticket prices.

Look Patrick. They are earning an AVERAGE ticket price of $105 each. For every Groupon $20 ticket sold,
another sold for $190. Artificial intelligence in these programs are MUCH smarter than you.

But then again…..so is a wrist watch.
A5CBD3BB-38F0-435B-96D4-11E65EA90CA7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by In the Suds »

Much Too Soon wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 pm
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am

This is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense that was around during the AWW tour know how much more popular a draw Kiss was at the time. The EOTR tour isn’t 1/2 the tour AWW was. They barley sell out shows, much papering occurred and they can’t even do more than a single night. Just silliness.

End of Story.

They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
Lmao. Algorithms! Lol
Are algorithms the reason they are playing only 1 night in each city? Algorithms are causing the groupons too, right?

Get outta here with this crap :D
You sound funny but demonstrate that you truly live under a rock.
There’s not enough demand to sell out two or three shows at the increased FLOATING prices
being charged for each ticket. It’s designed to make more money on one show than on two shows
charging the old ticket prices.

Look Patrick. They are earning an AVERAGE ticket price of $105 each. For every Groupon $20 ticket sold,
another sold for $190. Artificial intelligence in these programs are MUCH smarter than you.

But then again…..so is a wrist watch.

A5CBD3BB-38F0-435B-96D4-11E65EA90CA7.jpeg
If the current numbers are all down to a rigged algorithm, and the 1996/97 success was from actual...you know....demand...
...then it doesn't prove your point at all. In fact you have self-owned yourself quite hard.

lol
User avatar
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5036
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by Doose »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:40 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 pm


They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
Lmao. Algorithms! Lol
Are algorithms the reason they are playing only 1 night in each city? Algorithms are causing the groupons too, right?

Get outta here with this crap :D
You sound funny but demonstrate that you truly live under a rock.
There’s not enough demand to sell out two or three shows at the increased FLOATING prices
being charged for each ticket. It’s designed to make more money on one show than on two shows
charging the old ticket prices.

Look Patrick. They are earning an AVERAGE ticket price of $105 each. For every Groupon $20 ticket sold,
another sold for $190. Artificial intelligence in these programs are MUCH smarter than you.

But then again…..so is a wrist watch.

A5CBD3BB-38F0-435B-96D4-11E65EA90CA7.jpeg
If the current numbers are all down to a rigged algorithm, and the 1996/97 success was from actual...you know....demand...
...then it doesn't prove your point at all. In fact you have self-owned yourself quite hard.

lol
It would be counter-productive to "rig" an algorithm. It really doesn't even make sense. A business' (KISS, Ticketmaster, etc.) entire goal is to make money, so the whole point of the algorithm is that it takes into account REAL data, REAL demand in REAL time, to maximize revenue while taking into account all market conditions. It would make zero sense to "rig" an algorithm.
User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13396
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: Mark G Etess Arena SOLD OUT!

Post by nibbler1982 »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:40 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:41 am
TwistedTaste wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 pm


They “barely sell out shows” because their algorithms are designed to gain the maximum dollar for each ticket. Instead of allowing scalpers to get them and jack up the price. The entire system is designed to “barely sell out shows”.

You’ve just proven our point.

Thanks.
Lmao. Algorithms! Lol
Are algorithms the reason they are playing only 1 night in each city? Algorithms are causing the groupons too, right?

Get outta here with this crap :D
You sound funny but demonstrate that you truly live under a rock.
There’s not enough demand to sell out two or three shows at the increased FLOATING prices
being charged for each ticket. It’s designed to make more money on one show than on two shows
charging the old ticket prices.

Look Patrick. They are earning an AVERAGE ticket price of $105 each. For every Groupon $20 ticket sold,
another sold for $190. Artificial intelligence in these programs are MUCH smarter than you.

But then again…..so is a wrist watch.

A5CBD3BB-38F0-435B-96D4-11E65EA90CA7.jpeg
If the current numbers are all down to a rigged algorithm, and the 1996/97 success was from actual...you know....demand...
...then it doesn't prove your point at all. In fact you have self-owned yourself quite hard.

lol
Actually it doesn’t.

If the current business model was around back then the “squeeze every customer” would cannibalized tickets sales. It’s a hypothetical scenario however you look at it. We can only go by what’s actually transpired, not a good ol’ Marvel ‘What If’ comic.

Therefore if you’re using the current practice of “gate receipts gauge success”. There’s really only one conclusion.
10992CE4-ED7C-4780-AF34-1B06AF592601.jpeg
Note five bands UNDERNEATH the Top Tour Rolling Stones sold more tickets. Yet none of them were ranked higher.

It’s because attendance is an afterthought, not a deciding factor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.