Vinnie Vincent solo in LOVE GUN

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
drmoorejr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: Vinnie Vincent solo in LOVE GUN

Post by drmoorejr »

LordThurisaz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 pm
drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 pm it's highly likely that a song like Love Gun is played in the key of G (which includes the E minor chord, but mostly played as a power chord (1st and 5th). IF say a rhythm guitarist accidentally plays a E major (instead of a E5) you would get a dissonant sound when a lead guitarist plays the minor 3rd. We all have seen Paul play, he is busy prancing around the stage like horny 17 year old slut in front of bunch of boys, its very likely that he messed up. or since this is the site that likes to bash Vinnie maybe Vinnie simply played the solo wrong. I doubt it though, because the chord progression the song is played in is pretty much the same thought the years, with only the guitar tuning changing from a Eb to a E (standard e tuning).

https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/m ... =MN0117272
I know. Have I stated anything to the contrary?
Actually you stated very little. You are correct about dissonant notes, that goes without saying. But (unless I missed something), it seemed like the fault rested solely on the lead guitarist, and not on the band as a whole; this is how I interpreted your earlier comments regarding dissonant notes. I will say as a person who has been to 18 KISS concerts (probably nothing compared to many people here), I have heard a lot of horrible sounding guitars, but it was usually Paul. Bruce Kulick is a solid player as is Vinnie, and usually the sloppy rhythm playing is what I heard. I know Paul can play guitar, but his stage antics were usually placed higher up in priority than his actual live playing (with the exception of Unplugged and his live solo DVD).
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm
drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 pm it's highly likely that a song like Love Gun is played in the key of G (which includes the E minor chord, but mostly played as a power chord (1st and 5th). IF say a rhythm guitarist accidentally plays a E major (instead of a E5) you would get a dissonant sound when a lead guitarist plays the minor 3rd. We all have seen Paul play, he is busy prancing around the stage like horny 17 year old slut in front of bunch of boys, its very likely that he messed up. or since this is the site that likes to bash Vinnie maybe Vinnie simply played the solo wrong. I doubt it though, because the chord progression the song is played in is pretty much the same thought the years, with only the guitar tuning changing from a Eb to a E (standard e tuning).

Actually you stated very little. You are correct about dissonant notes, that goes without saying. But (unless I missed something), it seemed like the fault rested solely on the lead guitarist, and not on the band as a whole; this is how I interpreted your earlier comments regarding dissonant notes. I will say as a person who has been to 18 KISS concerts (probably nothing compared to many people here), I have heard a lot of horrible sounding guitars, but it was usually Paul. Bruce Kulick is a solid player as is Vinnie, and usually the sloppy rhythm playing is what I heard. I know Paul can play guitar, but his stage antics were usually placed higher up in priority than his actual live playing (with the exception of Unplugged and his live solo DVD).
If Paul plays an E Major chord, when he's supposed to play E5, then the problem lies on him. You are trying to conflate things and not really making a cogent point.

Anyways, this has ceased to interest me. Have a good day.
drmoorejr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by drmoorejr »

LordThurisaz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:34 pm
drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm

If Paul plays an E Major chord, when he's supposed to play E5, then the problem lies on him. You are trying to conflate things and not really making a cogent point.

Anyways, this has ceased to interest me. Have a good day.
I was actually enjoying a real conversation on music. Sorry to bore you. I guess it's more fun for people here to bash current or former KISS members. (and my point was very clear).
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm I was actually enjoying a real conversation on music. Sorry to bore you. I guess it's more fun for people here to bash current or former KISS members.
PM me then. I don think want to continue to derail the thread with a discussion on theory.
Rockandrolloverman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Awful.

I can understand him wanting to interpreted his way with his own style, but he has no phrases

It’s nothing but his usual “ fast for the sake of fast” bullshit
drmoorejr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by drmoorejr »

Here is an example of Beebop blues with a TON of chromatic notes. of course one person's garbage is another man's treasure.
Tito

Post by Tito »

drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm I guess it's more fun for people here to bash current or former KISS members.
Would Paul "prancing around the stage like horny 17 year old slut in front of bunch of boys" perhaps fall in that category? 🤔
JoseOlvera013
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by JoseOlvera013 »

Yngwie Malmsteen joins Kiss!
Sinisha
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Sinisha »

Last edited by Sinisha on Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drmoorejr
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by drmoorejr »

Tito wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 am
drmoorejr wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm I guess it's more fun for people here to bash current or former KISS members.
Would Paul "prancing around the stage like horny 17 year old slut in front of bunch of boys" perhaps fall in that category? 🤔
yeah probably.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Sinisha wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:27 am I am absolutely not a Vinnie Vincent disciple but being a guitarist myself I would like to say that this solo is actually really, really good. Too lazy to explain. haha
The Rhoads solos he stole them from are much better.