New KISS book -- for real!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
kissalive90
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: New KISS book -- for real!

Post by kissalive90 »

Mine arrived yesterday. Just amazing quality as always. So many photos that I've never seen before. The photos from Belgium and the Creatures photos specifically are just amazing to see. The fact that you were able to put this together in 6 months is mind blowing. I will never hesitate to get any of your books. They always exceed expectations.

Congrats on another terrific piece.
punky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by punky »

Got mine in TeXas today! Thumbed through for now...AWESOME! Thanks Alain!
balish
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by balish »

Thank you so much for your vote of confidence ( pre-ordering and ordering ‘blindly’) and for the great feedback.

It never gets old and I really, truly, genuinely, sincerely appreciate it.
CStomp1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by CStomp1 »

Got mine today as well. Solidly packaged so it could survive the trip halfway around the world unscathed. Arrived in perfect condition.

I'm only a few pages into it, as I refuse to skip ahead. So far, absolutely outstanding.

The one thing surprising to me, and again I've only made it into 1974, is that it seems KISS had a number of pretty glowing reviews from their early days both of the debut album and their live show. We tend to remember the times they've been panned (Seattle review), but they got some pretty positive press early on.

Excellent work once again, Alain. If anyone is on the fence, get this. Money well spent unlike......
Tito

Post by Tito »

CStomp1 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:59 pm The one thing surprising to me, and again I've only made it into 1974, is that it seems KISS had a number of pretty glowing reviews from their early days both of the debut album and their live show. We tend to remember the times they've been panned (Seattle review), but they got some pretty positive press early on.
I noticed this too. The one by Gary Deane (PostScript Special) is especially fantastic and very accurate. You'd think some people in the band would rather remember these than be thin skinned about a bad one decades later. Oh, well.

There's another one that made me laugh, headlined "Roundup recordings", that says: "Kiss is good old gutsy acid rock that turned on the smokers of the '60s." :lol: Alrighty then.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Package from Japan to The Netherlands arrived today!
Awesome book Alain! You outdid yourself again. There are no words to describe how great this new book of yours is. Absolutely stunning content and execution.
Nice to see one of my pics from 1982 featured as well.
I'm going to fully enjoy this book when I go thoroughly through each page later today.
I hope this will not be your final publication since it's absolutely great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nfarend on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jannep17
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by jannep17 »

Got mine two days ago.
I'm not over the moon, but it's definitely good value for the money.
balish

Post by balish »

nfarend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:34 am Package from Japan to The Netherlands arrived today!
Awesome book Alain! You outdid yourself again. There are no words to describe how great this new book of yours is. Absolutely stunning content and execution.
Nice to see one of my pics from 1982 featured as well.
I'm going to fully enjoy this book when I go thoroughly through each page later today.
I hope this will not be your final publication since its absolutely great!
Thank you!
nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

My package arrived. Since one of them is a KISSmas present for someone, I will check it out when they aren't around, thank you
pepperkitty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pepperkitty »

Arrived today! WOW!
balish

Post by balish »

Get it while it lasts!

www.kissontour74-83.com
fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fifthdeadlyvenom »

Just got mine in yesterday. You should be proud Alain, beautiful job!

I've only thumbed through it a few times since yesterday, but I'd have to say I've never seen 90-95% of the photos in this book.

Kudos to guys like you, Julian, Johann Kihlberg, etc, that get shit done and deliver the goods when putting out books that KISS fans will enjoy.
balish

Post by balish »

fifthdeadlyvenom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 am Just got mine in yesterday. You should be proud Alain, beautiful job!

I've only thumbed through it a few times since yesterday, but I'd have to say I've never seen 90-95% of the photos in this book.

Kudos to guys like you, Julian, Johann Kihlberg, etc, that get shit done and deliver the goods when putting out books that KISS fans will enjoy.
Thank you!
Spaceace2000ric
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Love the book, some great pics...you could say it's magic.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Man you all got me drooling here, lol. Still waiting for mine to drive but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait 👍🙂
balish

Post by balish »

bassmansteiny wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 pm Man you all got me drooling here, lol. Still waiting for mine to drive but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait 👍🙂
Thank you for your patience.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Meanwhile Radley’s customers have taken to prayer.

thundergod76
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by thundergod76 »

Thank you soo much for this Alain! Awesome book and so well done. Definitely helps ease the pain from the loss i took on that other "book". Whens the next book coming out? Lol
balish

Post by balish »

thundergod76 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 am Thank you soo much for this Alain! Awesome book and so well done. Definitely helps ease the pain from the loss i took on that other "book". Whens the next book coming out? Lol
You're most welcome.
Thank YOU and everyone for giving me a chance after that debacle.
warmachine 70
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by warmachine 70 »

Thanks Alain;got my copy of the book today and all i can say is AWESOME thanks again for these great books and if u have time do a few more
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

balish wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:59 pm
bassmansteiny wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:23 pm Man you all got me drooling here, lol. Still waiting for mine to drive but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait 👍🙂
Thank you for your patience.
No problem, everything I've been reading on here, it's well worth the wait 🙂
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Just received mine in Ohio!

Glanced over it & it looks EXCELLENT!

Thanks!
ejluther
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ejluther »

Great book! I don’t know what else someone would want out of a book like this…consider me over the moon!
balish

Post by balish »

ejluther wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:58 pm Great book! I don’t know what else someone would want out of a book like this…consider me over the moon!
:wink:
Thank you.
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

I received mine yesterday. I just finished with a solid 3 hour read. It was an amazingly fun read. Well worth it. Thank you so much, Alain.
balish

Post by balish »

moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 am I received mine yesterday. I just finished with a solid 3 hour read. It was an amazingly fun read. Well worth it. Thank you so much, Alain.
Thank you for highlighting the fact that there is more than just (incredible, amazing, extraordinary, stunning, exclusive) photos!
:D
:salut:
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

balish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am
moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 am I received mine yesterday. I just finished with a solid 3 hour read. It was an amazingly fun read. Well worth it. Thank you so much, Alain.
Thank you for highlighting the fact that there is more than just (incredible, amazing, extraordinary, stunning, exclusive) photos!
I probably could have read it faster but the photos were distracting me. :P
balish

Post by balish »

moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:51 am
balish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am
I probably could have read it faster but the photos were distracting me. :P
:lol: :lol:

Yay, it worked!
gonzomat.at
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by gonzomat.at »

Book arrived safe in austria/europe. Absolute fantastic work as all the other books from alain.
Hope we can see more such great books in future.
seattlekissfan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by seattlekissfan »

Received today in great shape on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. Thanks, Alain. Your magical book has taken the sting out of losing a few bucks trying to support a similar project here in the U.S. Stoked to have it in my hands!
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

One heckuva book arrived in Cleveland, Ohio today and I'm loving every page of it. The "Scrapbooks" give it a nice touch!! Congrats and Cheers to hitting a home run here!! :-)
balish

Post by balish »

Thank you for the great feedback.
I really appreciate it.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Mine arrived today, I'm just a few pages in and Holy Shit! Buy this if you haven't already, it's stunning.
balish

Post by balish »

Den Dennis wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 pm Mine arrived today, I'm just a few pages in and Holy Shit! Buy this if you haven't already, it's stunning.
I'm the author, and I approve this message.

(Almost sold out, so don't procrastinate.)

GO to http://www.kissontour74-83.com
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

seattlekissfan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm Received today in great shape on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. Thanks, Alain. Your magical book has taken the sting out of losing a few bucks trying to support a similar project here in the U.S. Stoked to have it in my hands!
Whoa, what do you mean losing a few bucks?! You're gonna let Rat Rosley keep your money??!! He's not gonna get away with this scam.

That said, awesome book Alain! Those who haven't ordered yet, make sure you do it quickly before it's sold out!
seattlekissfan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by seattlekissfan »

nfarend wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:39 am
seattlekissfan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm Received today in great shape on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State. Thanks, Alain. Your magical book has taken the sting out of losing a few bucks trying to support a similar project here in the U.S. Stoked to have it in my hands!
Whoa, what do you mean losing a few bucks?! You're gonna let Rat Rosley keep your money??!! He's not gonna get away with this scam.

That said, awesome book Alain! Those who haven't ordered yet, make sure you do it quickly before it's sold out!
Yep, he's gonna keep it and no one is gonna hold him accountable. The Texas AG followed up with me recently. They sent Ros a complaint letter in the mail with a voluntary questionnaire about the circumstances. He was under no obligation to respond. And he didn't. When the AG's office didn't receive the questionnaire back, they considered the complaint closed. They sent me a letter stating same, but let me know that I am still free to personally pursue legal action. Nope. Not for $150. I've made my peace with this and I'm letting it go now. I know there are a few very smart people on this board who would have never fallen for such a scam, sitting on the sideline with their popcorn, hoping that someone who really cares about justice will finally make Ros pay. I've pursued the available no-cost legal options (AG and FTC) and landed here. So don't look at me - I'm out. The guy has major problems (not in my expertise to diagnose, but it's clear they're there).

In the end, no one will ever be able to prove he did anything illegal. All he has to say is that he's "still working on it." And nobody cares, except maybe a lawyer looking to make a lot more money than we'll ever recover. Forget that. Local law enforcement has better things to do. What are the Houston cops gonna do? "Open up, Radley! Show us that book! A guy up in Washington State just called in a complaint and he's pissed!" Forget it. The Federal Trade Commission isn't taking any action that I'm aware of. And I'm not contacting the media. I don't want my name and face associated with it because I really don't care anymore. It's a damn shame, but it's kind of like losing $150 in a slot machine. Get up, walk away and shake your head. I got scammed, I'm stupid and I admit it, but I'm lucky to just be able to shrug it off. It was a good faith investment on all our parts and we got a little bit burned. I'll survive.If Ros ever faces consequences for this, they'll be his own to deal with. I have no interest in seeing the guy tarred and feathered. It's enough to know that he'll always be remembered as "that guy". Life will go on.

And speaking of life going on, getting Alain's book on Thursday was like opening a Christmas present. It really is an awesome addition to the KISS library. I'll say it again to him, "Well done, dude!" Awesome to see a great KISS book created without the heavy hands of G & P controlling everything. He helped restore my faith in independent, self-published projects. Rock On, all.
Last edited by seattlekissfan on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Mine still has not arrived yet, but I can’t wait. I paid the morning of Aug 25 and it shipped Sept 6, I’m thinking another 2 weeks or so before it gets here.
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by MrPaulStanley »

Received mine earlier in the week, but didn't really get a chance to truly experience it until this morning.

Highly recommend :!:
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

I've now made it through 1978. Most excellent book. Almost every photo is one I've never seen, and the mix of text, reviews, photos, and the format makes it a lot of fun to consume. Definite thumbs up and highly recommended for longtime members the KISS Army (or Johnny Come Latelies).
Mike5477
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Mike5477 »

Got mine today!! Looks amazing. Can't wait to dig in. Great work!!!
balish

Post by balish »

Thank you for your heartwarming feedback!!
From fellow die-hard KISS fans, that's the best I could hope for.
I said it before, and I will say it again - it never gets old, so ... thank you!
Erwin

Post by Erwin »

I just did!

Can't wait to feast my eyes on this!
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Balish, just received my book yesterday! I just thumbed through it real quick and got to say I am very impressed and extremely happy with my purchase. Thank you. Got it the same day I had that medical procedure done that we guys gota get when we turn 45 😬. I guess it was my reward for going through that, haha.
boyks
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by boyks »

Received mine today in Ontario Canada. Shipped Sept 6th and arrived on the 22nd for those wondering how long shipping is. After a quick thumb through I am quite impressed and happy with my purchase. Thanks Alain!
Jamcarl321
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Jamcarl321 »

Mine arrived today, thank you Alain for yet another awesome book! I ordered 9/07, it shipped 9/10 and arrived in my US mailbox 9/25! That’s how professionals do it!

Love the layout and design, how you incorporated each eras look into the feel of each tour! Love all the alternate pics from the familiar photo sessions that we’ve never seen before! Fantastic!

Those Belgian Destroyer pics are worth the price of admission! And that amazing back cover photo. 🤟
balish

Post by balish »

Jamcarl321 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm Mine arrived today, thank you Alain for yet another awesome book! I ordered 9/07, it shipped 9/10 and arrived in my US mailbox 9/25! That’s how professionals do it!

Love the layout and design, how you incorporated each eras look into the feel of each tour! Love all the alternate pics from the familiar photo sessions that we’ve never seen before! Fantastic!

Those Belgian Destroyer pics are worth the price of admission! And that amazing back cover photo. 🤟
Thank you!
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Just finished reading Kiss On Tour and I really enjoyed it. Alain I was curious, have you ever tried talking to Chip Rock and looking through his archives?
balish

Post by balish »

KissKing73 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 pm Just finished reading Kiss On Tour and I really enjoyed it. Alain I was curious, have you ever tried talking to Chip Rock and looking through his archives?
He contacted me.
He published a great book on his own many years ago. I would imagine he used his best photos already.
DemonFilth2001
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Chip Rock Outtakes? That was crap.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Fantastic book. Everytime I look at it, I see something new.