Paul wtf

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Mackemkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Paul wtf

Post by Mackemkiss »

srprzew wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:14 am Clearly at the hairdressers getting a trim - they wet it up for a cut, this particular stylist to the stars operating out of a tent - must be a new hipster move πŸ€” πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Surely trimming his wig is the ultimate in self-delusion?
steveh67
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by steveh67 »

LordThurisaz wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 am
ToddofThunder wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:01 am Are there people who think Paul wears a wig day-to-day? I don't think Paul wears a wig in his personal life. But clearly, he needs one when playing the Starchild. Not enough natural hair anymore.
He was thinning immensely in the mid to late 80s, which makes his comments in his book about the high school reunion where he shit on someone for being bald quite hysterical. Chances are, he's got a lot of balding going on, and wears a lace wig system to cover it up or in place of his real hair.

Reminds of the George wig episode on Seinfeld.

Sadly i have started to thin at the front myself now. My mums father was balding on top.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

The endless 'look at how fit I am!' angle is boring. I'd be much more interested if he posted pics of his old KISS gear - guitars, costumes, gold records etc.
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

banks wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:02 am Do wigs lose hair? Sometimes, I believe, you can see a loose hair or two on Paul's shoulders.
I Will Be With You (Where The Loose Hairs Go) :wink:
wayfarer
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by wayfarer »

BC Witch wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:29 am The endless 'look at how fit I am!' angle is boring. I'd be much more interested if he posted pics of his old KISS gear - guitars, costumes, gold records etc.
This.

There were brief periods where he was posting pics from the past , Paul related...which I liked...

But I'm not sure what the wet look photo recently was all about...no doubt it's directed at someone or something as I don't think Paul would post such a photo randomly...
Chaim Wigz

Post by Chaim Wigz »

steveh67 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:01 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 am
Kissoff wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:39 am Weird. When did his nose get smashed.
His conk looks huge! It’s turning into Bill Ward’s whiskey nose..
Happens to the best of us though, as we age.
It sure does, Steve. No biggie..
kwf484
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kwf484 »

Frilly Pink wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm
kwf484 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 pm This thread isn't about us
Ultimately it is though. It's about people like you being jealous about someone who is older than you, far more successful and infinitely more interesting. And possibly not very happy with how things have turned out for you over the years πŸ˜• No shame in that btw, just the way things turn out for a lot of folks
No Frilly... it's about "Paul Stanley" the fake 70 yo guy you are trying and failing to defend. Nice try though
srprzew
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by srprzew »

Mackemkiss wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:12 am
srprzew wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:14 am Clearly at the hairdressers getting a trim - they wet it up for a cut, this particular stylist to the stars operating out of a tent - must be a new hipster move πŸ€” πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Surely trimming his wig is the ultimate in self-delusion?
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Tito wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:33 am
sneed78 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:43 pm When I see these teenage-girl-type-Twitter post from Paul, I always imagine how weird it’d be if my 70 year old dad posted stuff like this... very creepy.
This all day.
Not to get too 'deep' but Paul on social media always comes across as someone desperate to prove something. That seems to be a serious sign of insecurity when you are so hungry for the validation of others, especially strangers. And who does he think is viewing these things - I'd say the majority of his followers are old male Kiss fans. All those years and all that cash he spent on a psychiatrist seems to have done no good at all. Which is expected, why would they want you to feel better and stop their gravy train.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

wayfarer wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:55 am
BC Witch wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:29 am The endless 'look at how fit I am!' angle is boring. I'd be much more interested if he posted pics of his old KISS gear - guitars, costumes, gold records etc.
This.

There were brief periods where he was posting pics from the past , Paul related...which I liked...

But I'm not sure what the wet look photo recently was all about...no doubt it's directed at someone or something as I don't think Paul would post such a photo randomly...
Yeah, it's very odd. I don't think he's making the most of the potential of Twitter. I used to really admire Paul but now I pretty much ignore him. Other than the occasional alarm at his pix!
Frilly Pink
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Frilly Pink »

kwf484 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:10 am
Frilly Pink wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm
kwf484 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 pm This thread isn't about us
Ultimately it is though. It's about people like you being jealous about someone who is older than you, far more successful and infinitely more interesting. And possibly not very happy with how things have turned out for you over the years πŸ˜• No shame in that btw, just the way things turn out for a lot of folks
No Frilly... it's about "Paul Stanley" the fake 70 yo guy you are trying and failing to defend. Nice try though

Not defending him per se as it's up to anyone what they want to do on twatter. I was pointing out that, you in particular appear to be a bit jealous. Am I wrong πŸ€”
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

redinthesky wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 am
sneed78 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:43 pm When I see these teenage-girl-type-Twitter post from Paul, I always imagine how weird it’d be if my 70 year old dad posted stuff like this... very creepy.
This all day.
Not to get too 'deep' but Paul on social media always comes across as someone desperate to prove something. That seems to be a serious sign of insecurity when you are so hungry for the validation of others, especially strangers. And who does he think is viewing these things - I'd say the majority of his followers are old male Kiss fans. All those years and all that cash he spent on a psychiatrist seems to have done no good at all. Which is expected, why would they want you to feel better and stop their gravy train.
It is really interesting how Paul is so obsessed with validation. All the albums, tours, audiences, magazine covers, adulation, awards, none of it has scratched that itch for him and now he's looking to the food network, art critics, the soul scene and random adoring fans on social media to prop his ego up.

Back in the 80s I thought Paul was the ultimate rockstar and had it all, I had no idea he was crippled with insecurities and self doubt. He always seemed so confident and charismatic, but a darkness has clearly descended on him in later life that has him constantly needing pats on the head.

Weird guy.
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

That pic looks like he accidentally put a Snapchat filter on it. Maybe he should put someone else in charge of hitting the "send" button.
Somebody Backstage
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Somebody Backstage »

This all day.
Nailed it. He has insecurities. For example, he took Martha Quinn of MTV on a bowling date in the 80s, brought along a high-end custom ball and bag set, threw a gutter ball, and then upbraided the manager with claims that the lane was unlevel.
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

This all day.
Sounds spot on to me.
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

Somebody Backstage wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:43 pm
This all day.
Nailed it. He has insecurities. For example, he took Martha Quinn of MTV on a bowling date in the 80s, brought along a high-end custom ball and bag set, threw a gutter ball, and then upbraided the manager with claims that the lane was unlevel.
:lol: Were you there?
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

Theres a water shortage in California..he shouldn’t waste water in his wig..save it for drinking.
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

missingdiver wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:34 pm Theres a water shortage in California..he shouldn’t waste water in his wig..save it for drinking.

BEWM!!!
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Anyone else think that he posts the muscle pics and pouty bed selfies while thinking about his old high school buddies he last saw at his school reunion?
mot$$33
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by mot$$33 »

A face pic like this makes the non fan say, no wonder they cover their faces with makeup.
ChiptTooth67
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ChiptTooth67 »

I know, I just no-eww-whoa, that that wig is going to be around long after humans have ceased to exist.
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

In two thousand years the mutated humans will worship it like the bomb in Beneath The Planet of the Apes.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Vandelay Industries wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:11 am That pic looks like he accidentally put a Snapchat filter on it. Maybe he should put someone else in charge of hitting the "send" button.
Tommy’s fingers are exhausted
Somebody Backstage
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Somebody Backstage »

gothunder wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:14 pm
Somebody Backstage wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:43 pm

This all day.
:lol: Were you there?
Martha Quinn wrote about the incident in her autobiography. Suffice it to say she did not go on a second date with Paul. :P :P :P
The doctor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The doctor »

Bruce wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:22 am Wet wig smells like wet dog!
If you pamper your pooch they should smell nice.
No Please.jpg
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

I, uh ... I see.
ChiptTooth67
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ChiptTooth67 »

I’m sure he spent at least 2 nights concert revenue on those choppers. You’d think he’d smile more to show off that Colgate smile.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: ↑Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:06 am
This all day.
It is really interesting how Paul is so obsessed with validation. All the albums, tours, audiences, magazine covers, adulation, awards, none of it has scratched that itch for him and now he's looking to the food network, art critics, the soul scene and random adoring fans on social media to prop his ego up.

Back in the 80s I thought Paul was the ultimate rockstar and had it all, I had no idea he was crippled with insecurities and self doubt. He always seemed so confident and charismatic, but a darkness has clearly descended on him in later life that has him constantly needing pats on the head.

Weird guy.
Remember though, the public persona can always be far different to the private one.

Look at some of the comedians over the years, Peter Sellers, Robin Williams for example.
wezze
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by wezze »

BC Witch wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:56 am I just don't get his social media persona. What is he trying to achieve?
This.

With all the stuff he's been through, he ought to be able to make at least semi-interesting posts. My grandma can post photos of food and take close-up selfies.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

steveh67 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am

This all day.

Weird guy.
Remember though, the public persona can always be far different to the private one.

Look at some of the comedians over the years, Peter Sellers, Robin Williams for example.
That's very true and a great point to make here. Whilst we're all pontificating on the lives of these stars we have no clue what they've really been through or what they go through on a daily basis.

Unfortunately by engaging with the public they do have to accept that those they reach will have opinions, be they good, bad, misinformed...

But good to remind ourselves that they are human and we never really know them.

steveh67 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am

This all day.

Weird guy.

Get what you're saying but it doesn't add up with regard to Paul - are you suggesting that he'd be needy, fragile and desperate for validation just for his audience and public persona, but in private he's super confident, relaxed and chilled? That would be too weird, even for a member of Kiss. Paul is like this 24/7.
Philly Cheese

Post by Philly Cheese »

The guy's got 580,000 followers on Twitter.

To everyone saying things like, "I just don't get his social media persona. What is he trying to achieve?" don't seem to understand that he's achieving it.

He has a ton of people engaging with him, which is the point. Those saying he's doing it wrong are.... wrong.

Philly Cheese wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:04 am The guy's got 580,000 followers on Twitter.
…and Gene has nearly 1 million.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:09 am
Philly Cheese wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:04 am The guy's got 580,000 followers on Twitter.
…and Gene has nearly 1 million.
Twitter is garbage
Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

So now Paul is ripping off Peter's Let Me Rock You look? Geez.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

To everyone saying things like, "I just don't get his social media persona. What is he trying to achieve?" don't seem to understand that he's achieving it.

He has a ton of people engaging with him, which is the point. Those saying he's doing it wrong are.... wrong.
I'm not on the Twitbook sites...but isn't that number pretty low for a celeb?
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

He’s got 580,000 followers on Twitter yet Off the Soundboard only sold 7,000 copies and Asshole Station only sold 14,000 copies.

Doesn’t sound like he’s doing it right to me.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:57 am
kwf484 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:53 am "I smelt a fart"
:lol: stink face!
I was in an outdoors store Friday evening with a friend. I blew a silent fart that felt so hot coming out like Kiss pyro. And man did it fucking stink. My friend was three aisles away, THREE, and I heard him say whew Jesus!
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

alanrosembung wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:23 pm

He’s got 580,000 followers on Twitter yet Off the Soundboard only sold 7,000 copies and Asshole Station only sold 14,000 copies.

Doesn’t sound like he’s doing it right to me.
Asshole station lmao
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

I still prefer Stool Station, but hole rhymes with soul, so good one.
ZachAttack
Banned

Post by ZachAttack »

What compels a 69 year old man to post shit like this?
Bubba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Bubba »

Frilly Pink wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:56 pm Come on chaps, post a picture of yourself and let's see what faults we find........

Who's 1st?...
Love this. Spot on.. They won't they are spineless, likely live in their Mom's basement.
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Bubba wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:10 pm
Frilly Pink wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:56 pm Come on chaps, post a picture of yourself and let's see what faults we find........

Who's 1st?...
Love this. Spot on.. They won't they are spineless, likely live in their Mom's basement.

I doubt anyone here is posting pouty bed selfies. Paul shouldn’t be either.
twigz
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by twigz »

TheSpoiler wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:46 am I think we can all agree that at the end of the day, this is a photo of a man with wet hair.

.....and that's pretty much all it is.
Wet synthetic hair, yes.
Chaim Wigz

Post by Chaim Wigz »

ftjr1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:07 pm
Chaim Wigz wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:57 am
kwf484 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:53 am "I smelt a fart"
:lol: stink face!
I was in an outdoors store Friday evening with a friend. I blew a silent fart that felt so hot coming out like Kiss pyro. And man did it fucking stink. My friend was three aisles away, THREE, and I heard him say whew Jesus!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
gothunder
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by gothunder »

ZachAttack wrote: ↑Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:48 pm What compels a 69 year old man to post shit like this?
:lol: :lol: Please let us know when you find out.