MAGIC in Mid-August?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: MAGIC in Mid-August?

Post by In the Suds »

I'm not a 3 Sides fan but I always thought this guy was full of shit and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. It's just that it used to be almost impossible to voice that view here. Ros had a lot of very aggressive defenders before the tide finally turned, and you'd get pounced on if you said anything.
Potato Salad
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Potato Salad »

In the Suds wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:22 pm I'm not a 3 Sides fan but I always thought this guy was full of shit and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. It's just that it used to be almost impossible to voice that view here. Ros had a lot of very aggressive defenders before the tide finally turned, and you'd get pounced on if you said anything.
People just didn't want to admit they lost money. I think it's really that simple.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

mbrunn wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm
Doose wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:19 pm Just posted:

Eric Stamons
Is there still a chance that the book might be delayed again?
· Reply · 38m

Author
MAGIC - KISS Kronicles 1973 to 1983
Of course. I can't predict the future.

Wow.....I must admit, I defended Ros even as recently as early last year. I had spoke with him a few times in the past and felt he was honest, maybe just a little bit in over his head. But, I always believed his heart was in the right place. Seeing more and more responses like this from him makes me think I was wrong about him. Sad. Very sad.
It is amazing. I don't have an interest in the product, but I'm fascinated by the drama behind it. This post especially underlines that guy's arrogance. You would think given all the history, accusations, etc., he would show a little humility, try to offer some assurance, and/or offer more transparency to ease people's minds. That response says it all...this guy doesn't even care that he's ripped people off and has no intention of trying to satisfy those that are upset.
1000Faces
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by 1000Faces »

I keep saying. This guy isn’t giving updates. He’s giving postponements. Updates are a complete different thing.
balish

Post by balish »

1000Faces wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:08 pm I keep saying. This guy isn’t giving updates. He’s giving postponements. Updates are a complete different thing.
That’s an excellent point.
You’re absolutely right.
cowboytoast
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by cowboytoast »

In the last 2 years I've participated in 2 "crowdfunding " projects to get an LP pressed - in both instances it stated implicitly that if all money needed wasn't raised by a certain date that ALL money would be refunded - you check a box on the website saying that you read and acknowledge the terms etc etc -

I have both of my records- ONE of them had a slight delay of a month because of COVID and because it was coming from the UK-

I don't think this Ros guy is arrogant like some say - you have to be GOOD at something to be arrogant - he knows NOTHING about making books

I just hope that everyone that gave him money gets it back - I'm sure he will still take orders as long as people are willing to send him money and that is aggravating as hell -
balish

Post by balish »

cowboytoast wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:08 pm

I don't think this Ros guy is arrogant like some say - you have to be GOOD at something to be arrogant - he knows NOTHING about making books

I just hope that everyone that gave him money gets it back - I'm sure he will still take orders as long as people are willing to send him money and that is aggravating as hell -
Actually...

There is one point in common between a complete beginner and an outstanding achiever, and that is they both have a lot of self-confidence. What separates them is knowledge and skills. And that usually becomes apparent after the first brick wall has been hit.

For more insight, like, subscribe, and follow.
turbodrive
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by turbodrive »

balish wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:37 pm
1000Faces wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:08 pm I keep saying. This guy isn’t giving updates. He’s giving postponements. Updates are a complete different thing.
That’s an excellent point.
You’re absolutely right.
Absolutely...this. The last update this guy gave (if it was real and truthful, and most likely wasn't) was almost a year ago. He gave a completed page count and some examples. It hasn't even been excuses since then, just a whole bunch of, "no...it's not finished." We passed ridiculous on this thing a LONG time ago, and now, he's just being insipid.
rwgriffith
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by rwgriffith »

I fell for it...hook, line, and sinker! I admit it.
turbodrive
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by turbodrive »

rwgriffith wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:47 pm I fell for it...hook, line, and sinker! I admit it.
So did I, and I admit it, too. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had just gotten in over his head. Thought when he realized that, he would ask for help. I don't think that way anymore. I now think he duped everyone (including you and me) to build his photo collection. Like I posted above, I don't think there is any work completed on a book.....there's just an idea for a book, and he'll keep delaying this until he vanishes.
rwgriffith

Post by rwgriffith »

turbodrive wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:52 pm
rwgriffith wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:47 pm I fell for it...hook, line, and sinker! I admit it.
So did I, and I admit it, too. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had just gotten in over his head. Thought when he realized that, he would ask for help. I don't think that way anymore. I now think he duped everyone (including you and me) to build his photo collection. Like I posted above, I don't think there is any work completed on a book.....there's just an idea for a book, and he'll keep delaying this until he vanishes.
Right. He hopes people go away. Due to mental and physical health, i just can not stress about it. It sucks he has duped so many people.
turbodrive
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by turbodrive »

rwgriffith wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:57 pm
Right. He hopes people go away. Due to mental and physical health, i just can not stress about it. It sucks he has duped so many people.
Same here, my friend. It's not life changing money, and I'm not gonna let it disrupt my life. But, like you, it pisses me off. I guess we'll both know better next time.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

turbodrive wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:09 pm
Same here, my friend. It's not life changing money, and I'm not gonna let it disrupt my life. But, like you, it pisses me off. I guess we'll both know better next time.
I guess I don't understand that, because if someone ripped me off of $100-$150 I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get my money back. Especially if as a collective, the guy ripped off people of over a quarter of a million dollars.

It's like that excuse that some people give about gambling losses, "It didn't break me, I only gambled with what I could afford to lose." And that's not even from buying anything a seller didn't deliver. Money is money is money. I don't need that $1 bill someone dropped on the ground, but if I see it, darn right I'm picking it up. With Ros, I don't believe any stolen money, even five or ten dollars, should be easily dismissed. I'd fight Ros right to the end.
DoggFather
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by DoggFather »

46 weeks ago, a person the facebook Magic page, someone asked Ros this:

Any new updates on the book?

Reply from Ros:

Hi Joe,
Nothing new to report. We're just continuing work on the book and hope to have it ready to ship in October. Until then, please stay healthy and safe.

So this was supposed to ship in October 2020.

Now, almost July 2021 and STILL no hard date on release.
torgotheme
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by torgotheme »

redinthesky wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:21 pm

I guess I don't understand that, because if someone ripped me off of $100-$150 I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get my money back. Especially if as a collective, the guy ripped off people of over a quarter of a million dollars.

It's like that excuse that some people give about gambling losses, "It didn't break me, I only gambled with what I could afford to lose." And that's not even from buying anything a seller didn't deliver. Money is money is money. I don't need that $1 bill someone dropped on the ground, but if I see it, darn right I'm picking it up. With Ros, I don't believe any stolen money, even five or ten dollars, should be easily dismissed. I'd fight Ros right to the end.
Yep yep yep. You're a chump if you've been denied a refund and shrug your shoulders about it. Organize with others who are owed a refund and take smart action. Don't let a thief steal your money. That's bullshit and it's wrong.
seattlekissfan
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by seattlekissfan »

seattlekissfan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm
Last edited by seattlekissfan on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Old Andy says he is really sorry about that` good buddy---- he said he hopes you eventually get the book‚ or your money back....
sabresaxon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sabresaxon »

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace in the KISS fan community?
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Individually, losing $100 on this isn't likely to have any negative, long term impact on someones life, but when you look at it collectively, the fact he raised $250,000.00, a quarter of a million US dollars, then it takes on a very different complexion as far as I'm concerned.
turbodrive
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by turbodrive »

I don't disagree, and I'm not saying I'm just gonna walk away and forget it; I am pursuing a refund. I'm not gonna spend a lot of time stressing about it, though.
Goodwilltowardsall

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

How many of y'all have work deadlines that you bust your ass to meet while balancing family, health, finances, existential crises, pandemics, etc. and so forth? How many deadlines have you met since this book first missed a publishing deadline?

If as it has been suggested that there are concerns that the author may have engaged in fraudulent behaviors, I have a hard time believing that the "law" would have such a large loophole to allow someone to walk away with that amount of $ and continue to collect pictures of KISS at will. If that book was actually published and you were caught trying to shoplift it, you would probably at least get some time in the local jail and put on probation.

All I know is if I wrote that book, I would have worked my ass off to have it you when I promised.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

It's $150. It not really a big deal. If you have $150 for a picture book of KISS you should be able to eat the loss. Guy is a dick but "fighting tooth and nail" seems like a waste of energy.
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

seattlekissfan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:26 pm

I wish you would not have deleted this rant. It was spot on!
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

sabresaxon wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 pm Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace in the KISS fan community?
Yes.

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley.
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

Velvis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:18 am

It's $150. It not really a big deal. If you have $150 for a picture book of KISS you should be able to eat the loss. Guy is a dick but "fighting tooth and nail" seems like a waste of energy.
Not really a big deal... to you. You don't know everyone's story, do you? What about the people where money doesn't come easy due to other struggles in life. Disposable income may not be plentiful to some. Why minimize that?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

I simply can't relate to that attitude. I can't allow someone to steal $150 from me, even though I can easily "eat the loss." That attitude is exactly what Ros is counting on so he doesn't have to return, again, a quarter of a million dollars.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

turbodrive wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:38 am

I don't disagree, and I'm not saying I'm just gonna walk away and forget it; I am pursuing a refund. I'm not gonna spend a lot of time stressing about it, though.
I don't think it should be an obsession, but anyone who doesn't pursue all reasonable avenues to get their money back is a fool IMO.

And again, it's the collective -- a quarter mil.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

Hell let's see, so you're a multi-millionaire? Even if this was true it seems to me you wouldn't want someone ripping you off for $150.00, would you? this is what gets me about statements like this? I'd go after someone over $150.00 just like I would $150,000.00.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

I was looking at the MAGIC Twitter just now (not updated since 2018) and it is shocking to see the amount of money coming in and the figures being talked about: https://twitter.com/MAGICKISSBOOK/with_replies

NOW C'MON! I KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!
Current total = $113,600
We're so close. Please don't give up now. We need to reach our goal of $125K to make this book everything it was destined to be. Keep spreading the word far and wide.

THERE'S NO TURNING BACK FROM THIS ODYSSEY
Reserve your copy of MAGIC at:
https://magickisskronicles1973to1983.com
Current total = $112,800

MAGIC POWER!
Reserve your copy at:
Current total = $109,000
"We started to do this because we believed in it - not because it was a joke." Paul Stanley, October 1976
"Same here, Paul. Same here." Ros Radley, July 2018
Onward and upward,
Ros Radley #KISS

Honestly, this is quite sickening to read.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:11 am I was looking at the MAGIC Twitter just now (not updated since 2018) and it is shocking to see the amount of money coming in and the figures being talked about: https://twitter.com/MAGICKISSBOOK/with_replies

MAGIC POWER!
Reserve your copy at:
Current total = $109,000
"We started to do this because we believed in it - not because it was a joke." Paul Stanley, October 1976
"Same here, Paul. Same here." Ros Radley, July 2018

Onward and upward,
Ros Radley #KISS
Oh man. Famous last words.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm in a very fortunate position now...I have a job that pays well, I have zero debt, and typically live beneath my means. Could I absorb $150 loss if I had ordered the book? Absolutely? However, I'm just too practical. $150 covers my cell phone and electric bill for the month. Regardless of how much money someone has to spend on what someone else considers to be frivolous, it doesn't mean it's okay for them to be taken advantage of. Just because the loss won't hurt me doesn't mean it's okay for someone to rip me off. No one ever set themself up for success by knowingly letting other people rob them.
Last edited by Homer Simpson on Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

3 words of advice Ros will not take.

Stop.
Giving.
Dates.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

$150.00 is roughly equivalent to to two full days work on minimum wage here in the UK. Imagine you're a KISS fan working a bar job or in a store and you worked your ass off for two days just to hand it over to Ros Radley to fix his car up with.

Indefensible in my opinion and not something I'd let go easily.

The entire quarter of a million needs returning to those who backed it right now. When Ros has got an actual book designed and printed and ready for sale, then people can send him money if they choose.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Goodwilltowardsall wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 am If as it has been suggested that there are concerns that the author may have engaged in fraudulent behaviors, I have a hard time believing that the "law" would have such a large loophole to allow someone to walk away with that amount of $ and continue to collect pictures of KISS at will.
I’m really struggling to understand that one myself. How it is that fraud and embezzlement (of a significant sum) is applied can vary a bit, depending on city, state and country.

But this situation, there’s very clear misrepresentation of information, misrepresentation of intent, very serious misappropriating of funds, deliberate continued misleading and false information, as well as cover ups all throughout these last 5-6 years of this fiasco. Im not sure what’s missing? :scratch: Hopefully the legal pursuits get some serious traction.

Also you can bet he definitely would have used some of that book money to get some very careful legal advice. Whats the likely legal liability, what am I on the hook for? Could I potentially be charged? What games could be played; what stories could be invented, to possibly try and avoid serious liability, and ultimately try and get away with this? But the hole that's dug seems so big, that hopefully in the end he faces all legal ramifications that he is due.
woodworm001

Post by woodworm001 »

The one good thing about these threads is that if people actually google it they will see it's a con which is a public service as RR is still taking orders on his web page. I've almost pre-ordered this book twice, several years between my almost first order and my almost second order but fortunately I checked on here to see the other posts popping up which reminded me.

To be honest, if this book had all gone to plan and been released several years ago, how much would we trust the "that photo was taken on xx/xx/1976"?? Don't believe anyone has that kind of knowledge so we'd all be shouting bullshit regardless.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

His Majesty wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:43 am 3 words of advice Ros will not take.

Stop.
Giving.
Dates.
3 more … Stop, Taking. Orders.
woodworm001

Post by woodworm001 »

pepperkitty wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:25 pm .

Con men don't do that.
cowboytoast
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by cowboytoast »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 am

I don't think it should be an obsession, but anyone who doesn't pursue all reasonable avenues to get their money back is a fool IMO.

I'm with you pal - my money is my money-

Hell I've stayed on the phone for over an hour with the credit card company for a $30 overcharge-

There was a good episode of Leave It to Beaver on yesterday where Wally got a flat tire and Eddie bought a tire on his Dad's credit card for him- Wally paid him back as soon as they got home- Eddie used the money to buy a new vest to impress the girls instead of paying his Dad back and when the bill came his Dad raised hell and it caused all kinds of problems-

I bet Ros has a whole wardrobe full of vests at this point-
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

woodworm001 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:41 pm
pepperkitty wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:25 pm .

Con men don't do that.
It would be interesting to find out how many orders have been placed and how many refunds have either been given or requested.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:51 am

Not really a big deal... to you. You don't know everyone's story, do you? What about the people where money doesn't come easy due to other struggles in life. Disposable income may not be plentiful to some. Why minimize that?
My post indicated that if losing $150 is a huge issue you shouldn't really be spending money on a KISS picture book.
mot$$33
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by mot$$33 »

“My post indicated that if losing $150 is a huge issue you shouldn't really be spending money on a KISS picture book”

Velvis totally makes sense to me. Doubt that folks that are struggling financially ordered Ros’ book to begin with. Now, there is a chance that someone’s financial situation could have significantly changed due to the very long time since they may have orders the book....
cowboytoast
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by cowboytoast »

Has anyone ever asked or started a post to see how many of the same people that ordered the Vinnie Box ordered the Magic book?
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

Velvis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:40 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:51 am

My post indicated that if losing $150 is a huge issue you shouldn't really be spending money on a KISS picture book.
You don't get it.
slipkid69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slipkid69 »

cowboytoast wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Hell I've stayed on the phone for over an hour with the credit card company for a $30 overcharge-

There was a good episode of Leave It to Beaver on yesterday where Wally got a flat tire and Eddie bought a tire on his Dad's credit card for him- Wally paid him back as soon as they got home- Eddie used the money to buy a new vest to impress the girls instead of paying his Dad back and when the bill came his Dad raised hell and it caused all kinds of problems-

Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

LoveGun77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:25 pm It will arrive around the same time as Vinnie's box set :lol:

All kidding aside,I didn't send money for this,but I feel bad for those who did. This thing has become a joke. I doesn't look like it's happening.
I was late to the party with the whole MAGIC thing, so I've been trying to piece the story together but I did get VV boxset vibes from it. A guy who hasn't actually made a commercial product (well...in 30+ years in Vinnie's case) is promising a product that would be extremely taxing for an actual experienced organization that is flush with capital and offering zero "in progress" evidence to support that it will be out soon.

Then again, we could be flipping through our MAGIC books whilst rocking out to our 30 LP Vinnie box set.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

That's a great example. I bet many have done something similar (including me). Overcharges, incorrect charges, for less than $150. Heck, I check my supermarket receipt for overcharges, and have definitely spotted the occasional double charge. Should I not go to their customer service desk and get my $3 back?

I'll never understand the logic that losing money is ok as long as you can "afford" it, and it doesn't break you. Pissing away money is just ridiculous IMO. No concept at all of a dollar's value. If I walk into a Dunkin Donuts because I want a Boston Creme, and I see that all the donuts are now $5 each, I'm not buying one, even though I can easily afford it and it won't "break" me. I can cook a lot of great meals for myself for $150.

Anyone here at the Faq who agrees with the logic that it's ok to lose money if you can "afford" it, should all band together, chip in a mere $10 each (which they can definitely afford), and send the total to me. I'll put it to good use.
cowboytoast
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by cowboytoast »

slipkid69 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm buying you a beer in the virtual FAQ lounge - I love that show and that clip
slipkid69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slipkid69 »

cowboytoast wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:35 pm
slipkid69 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm buying you a beer in the virtual FAQ lounge - I love that show and that clip
:salut:
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

woodworm001 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:20 pm The one good thing about these threads is that if people actually google it they will see it's a con which is a public service as RR is still taking orders on his web page. I've almost pre-ordered this book twice, several years between my almost first order and my almost second order but fortunately I checked on here to see the other posts popping up which reminded me.
This is very true. I'd guess orders are down to barely a trickle?
Alarm bells do come up and are clear. FAQ threads, 3 Sides episodes, several prominent blogs, other sites, there’s Blabbermouth articles questioning the legitimacy; all of this comes up quite prominently in general google searches. The “author’s” site comes up first; then the above things are like items 2 through 15!

It’ll deter plenty, but despite all this, some people are very silly and will still send money. If the “author” gets a sniff he’ll reel them in too. In the last thread a month or 2 back, an FAQer tested it - put his “order” in (to be sent to Sweden or Finland I think from memory?!) - for 4 books.. :shock: :lol: “That’ll be $650 for the 4 books my good friend, anything you need old Ross-ie is here to help”..
All the while old Ross-ie is thinking “mmm.. Im upgrading my phone and plan. My car registration is due….There’s a couple more interesting band shirts just released that I'd like to buy this month… There’s several things this guys $650 will take care of this month..sweet!”..

Of course people aren’t buying 4 or 5. But there will be the occasional poor bugger that has recently been suckered in for a purchase; based on the “author’s” lovely reassuring emails.. I'd think that in general though; the orders are down to barely a trickle? And are probably coming in very few and far between? I hope so. The thief has already got enough money tucked away.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

image.png
Next delay. Been busy...