Talking Wax with Gene Simmons

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Mr.Antonio2005
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Talking Wax with Gene Simmons

Post by Mr.Antonio2005 »

Hi guys, today I got a sneak peek at an upcoming Gene Simmons interview with Stefan Adika.

This is 1 hour interview that covers a brief overview of the 78 solo album, talks about his mom, Ace and Peter, cancel culture, Don Rickles, meeting Andrew Dice Clay. It was funny and Gene let’s loose. Some really good laughs here and advice.

Stefan is really close friend of Eric Singer, had Bruce on and now he finally got Gene on the vinyl show.

Here is a link to Stefan channel. Subscribe and it should get posted on Talking Wax 8 PM West time this Saturday night!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpDurwXKpDiXuGBdsklxiggp

Updated the link see below.

Cheers
Last edited by Mr.Antonio2005 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dankiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Talking Wax with Gene Simmons

Post by Dankiss »

Thank you!
Mr.Antonio2005
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Mr.Antonio2005 »

Last edited by Mr.Antonio2005 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

OMFG - literally his first actual answer to a question three minutes in starts with Ace, Peter, dysfunction, drugs, alcohol. He goes on a lengthy anti Ace & Peter rant. The question was about his solo album. I'm actually starting to think these guys need help.
KissJJM
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

Will never listen or read another Gene lor Paul interview. Same ol shit everytime
kisswah
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by kisswah »

Tito wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:55 am OMFG - literally his first actual answer to a question three minutes in starts with Ace, Peter, dysfunction, drugs, alcohol. He goes on a lengthy anti Ace & Peter rant. The question was about his solo album. I'm actually starting to think these guys need help.
It is nauseating. Stefan asks a musical question, sets it up for minutes to steer Gene in the right direction ... he mentions the musical diversity of his solo album and all ... and then Gene starts with "we did solo albums because the band was disfuntional because of A&P" and badtalks for 2 minutes ...
LET IT BE! please

Edit (after listening to the whole thing):
Stefan is great, he turns the conversation around and calls Gene out on his schtick and even tries to make him soft ... haha
It is a really great conversation and I enjoyed the interview a lot!
GREAT!

Last edited by kisswah on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Remember he said Bill Aucoin died of AIDS a few months ago?
KissJJM
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

Hey Gene, who's album sold the most & is often regarded as thee best?
KissJJM
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

The guy is such a tool. Used Ace help sell his vaults and then now trashes him again. Real smart,, let me insult the two guys without whom we would have never been successful. Smart one Gene
KissJJM
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

These are the times when I wish the interviewer would bring up the fact that we all know the solo albums were planned as early as1976 and his story is bullshit
Doose

Post by Doose »

Gene IS right that Ace and Peter make terrible career choices.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

KissJJM wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am These are the times when I wish the interviewer would bring up the fact that we all know the solo albums were planned as early as1976 and his story is bullshit
This. His story is simply not true.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Vampires? Who’s the vampire? He sucks the life out of everyone who has worked with him.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

He probably doesn't remember a lot about making his solo album.
He blames drugs and alcohol for many things (Ace & Peter) but sometimes even a drug addict/alcoholic remembers A LOT more things from the past than Gene does (For example Keith Richards)
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

lol at ''Paul flew up to Connecticut." You don't have to fly to get from NYC to CT.

And the Grace Slick thing. First of all, Grace Slick was not the original Airplane singer. But more importantly why does he have to dredge up some awful story from something that supposedly happened 43 years ago? Just so he can smugly make his tired point about bad choices.
So Cruel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by So Cruel »

Tough to get through that. What a blow hard. He’s asked about his ‘78 solo album and turns it into a rant about Ace and Peter, and then had the balls to say they are still making bad choices. No wonder Peter wants nothing to do with them.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Gene has absolutely nothing good to say about anyone unless they were in the Beatles.
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

In the Suds wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 am lol at ''Paul flew up to Connecticut." You don't have to fly to get from NYC to CT.

And the Grace Slick thing. First of all, Grace Slick was not the original Airplane singer. But more importantly why does he have to dredge up some awful story from something that supposedly happened 43 years ago? Just so he can smugly make his tired point about bad choices.
He's completely mixing up his timeline.

The story of Paul visiting Ace in CT is from 1982....not 1978 :roll:
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:00 am
In the Suds wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 am lol at ''Paul flew up to Connecticut." You don't have to fly to get from NYC to CT.

He's completely mixing up his timeline.

The story of Paul visiting Ace in CT is from 1982....not 1978 :roll:
Yeah. I remember reading about that in Ace's book. Paul drove out to Wilton and they went to the mall in Stamford. That is the mall I went to growing up and if I had known Ace and Paul were debating the future of KISS there I would have lost my mind.