The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version | NEW from Japan | Rare performance of "Let Me Go"

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
RussellScott12
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version | NEW from Japan | Rare performance of "Let Me Go"

Post by RussellScott12 »

The 70 Year Old Demon: Gene Simmons | Full Documentary

Let Me Go, Rock N' Roll at 50:44
Followed with Paul Stanley's version of Sukiyaki

This is something different!

Enjoy!
Last edited by RussellScott12 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cow Tongue
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version

Post by Cow Tongue »

Interesting view, but really sad to my 9 year old self. Gene’s now become one of those over the hill wrestlers, still putting on the old garb and slowly hobbling out to the ring.
RussellScott12
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version

Post by RussellScott12 »

Cow Tongue wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:13 am Interesting view, but really sad to my 9 year old self. Gene’s now become one of those over the hill wrestlers, still putting on the old garb and slowly hobbling out to the ring.
Indeed. But this is an interesting perspective to see. We see him slumping on the chair during Singer's solo. Looking aged putting on the makeup or going for walks with his dog. It's all a part of the story. The 3rd act is rarely glamourous in the life of a rock star. But if I were 70 and in his position, I'd be satisfied that I'd made the most out of the experience.
Lofton23rdSt
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version | NEW from Japan | Rare performance of "Let Me Go

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

I have no interest in watching this. I don't like him anymore. 20 years ago I'd have to watch this.
Parasiteman
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: The 70 Year Old Demon Documentary: KISS' Gene Simmons | US Version | NEW from Japan | Rare performance of "Let Me Go

Post by Parasiteman »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:02 am I have no interest in watching this. I don't like him anymore. 20 years ago I'd have to watch this.
Ok. Thanks for sharing your point of view
Di3go
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Di3go »

In Japan they play Sukiyaki
In Australia they play Shandi
In Europe they play Crazy, Crazy Nights
And In South America they play La Bamba
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

There’s a longer version that IMO is better
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

alivecatman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:33 am There’s a longer version that IMO is better
Where do we see it?
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

nightwingken wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:34 am
alivecatman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:33 am There’s a longer version that IMO is better
Where do we see it?
My house lol
KisstineSixteen
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by KisstineSixteen »

alivecatman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:35 am
Where do we see it?
My house lol
:lol: THIS.

No matter who the person is, I will always have a hat tip of respect to anyone in “showbiz”(especially anyone with a larger than life persona) who willingly shows themselves looking like a normal human being with flaws and without all the warpaint so to speak ...so there is that.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

KisstineSixteen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 pm
Where do we see it?
My house lol

No matter who the person is, I will always have a hat tip of respect to anyone in “showbiz”(especially anyone with a larger than life persona) who willingly shows themselves looking like a normal human being with flaws and without all the warpaint so to speak ...so there is that.
I know you lol
KisstineSixteen
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

alivecatman wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:31 pm
KisstineSixteen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:03 pm

Where do we see it?
My house lol

I know you lol
???
I’d send you a message and dive into this more but as a new member of the boards, I am not allowed to be social yet lol
Email me and tell me how you know me so I can apologize 🤘🏻
Kisstinesixteen1977@gmail.com
KisstineSixteen
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

alanrosembung wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:39 pm Spot the scammer.
:roll:
Is that like “Where’s Waldo?” For conspiracy theorists?

P.S. send me all your money, my Nigerian palace needs another pool
caligari

Post by caligari »

Am I missing something here?

And has no one else noticed THIS?

WHAT may I ask is RARE performance of
“Let Me Go, Rock And Roll”????????????????
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Yeah I noticed that. How can a song played at 95% of shows since 1996 be rare?
kisswah

Post by kisswah »

alanrosembung wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:34 pm Yeah I noticed that. How can a song played at 95% of shows since 1996 be rare?
Because they played a different arrangement here.
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

You talking about that dumb break in the middle with the bass “solo” that they did almost every night in 19/20?
Strutterer
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Strutterer »

Wow. I really enjoyed that doc. Thank you for sharing! The quiet approach to the whole doc showed the details better than anything I could have imagined before I pressed play.

The last scene where he took the make up off and looked at camera moved me. He really means what he says when he talks about the fans. Gene's a good person, always has been.

Sometimes we need to put the Kiss Inc. crap aside and remember that Gene and Paul love what they do, deep down. They don't need to be doing anything else at this point.
Wiseacre
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wiseacre »

If you think Gene really gives a shit about putting smiles on a kid’s face you are nuttier that Vinnie. Gene is always “on” especially with a camera in his face.

The doc was a nice change of pace, but damn the live stuff was unbearable. Wow.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Strutterer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pmGene's a good person, always has been.
😆
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

First footage of him breathing fire with no makeup since what, 93? I don’t think he did it in 95.

Then he lies about catching his hair on fire seven times. It was four last time he said it. And I believe the real number is two.
Luchino
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Luchino »

alanrosembung wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 pm First footage of him breathing fire with no makeup since what, 93? I don’t think he did it in 95.

Then he lies about catching his hair on fire seven times. It was four last time he said it. And I believe the real number is two.
he did it for an episode of Family Jewels also
alanrosembung
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Also lies about changing his name from Chaim Witz to Gene Simmons instantly. He was Gene Klein for years.
cason96
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cason96 »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:02 am I have no interest in watching this. I don't like him anymore. 20 years ago I'd have to watch this.
Sure your not talking about Paul?
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

KisstineSixteen wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:28 pm
alanrosembung wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:39 pm Spot the scammer.
:roll:
Is that like “Where’s Waldo?” For conspiracy theorists?

P.S. send me all your money, my Nigerian palace needs another pool

:D
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Di3go wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:30 am In Japan they play Sukiyaki
In Australia they play Shandi
In Europe they play Crazy, Crazy Nights
And In South America they play La Bamba
I am still pissed that they never play Dancing Queen in Sweden. U2 did that.
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

cason96 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:04 am
Sure your not talking about Paul?
Yeah, what has Gene done but talk about merchandise?
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

There was a KISS shirt in the eighties that said "if it's too loud, you're too old."

"Don't let 'em tell you that there's too much noise, they're too old to really understand!"

It is also interesting to listen to Flaming Youth.