Eric Singer's drumming on off the Soundboard

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Grand Classic
Banned

Re: Eric Singer's drumming on off the Soundboard

Post by Grand Classic »

badmachineogm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:47 pm
alanrosembung wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 pm Prove what to be true? That they lip synch, lie to the fans, do boring set lists, do the same show for decades, do half-ass releases and care only about money?

Yeah, I can see people who identity as twelve year old boys could find all those subjects to be uncomfortable truths.
Why do you invest your time and energy in expressing such “uncomfortable truths” on this message board? There’s something pathological about that. Posters like you are like spurned lovers appearing at their exes functions solely to bitch about them. I’m not going to argue your points. But it appears that you are bothered much more about KISS’ weaknesses and poor decisions than others here. Move on. There are many other bands who would sincerely appreciate your support.
There's the rub - you can be a fan of something and STILL acknowledge the uncomfortable truths. It is not mutually exclusive.
gooerstcb
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by gooerstcb »

alivecatman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:56 pm I hate this place
I hear ya...yieshk.
DrummerRob10
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by DrummerRob10 »

I think Eric sounds great on this. I’m scratching my head going what are people talking about. There was no rehearsal time with Eric and the band on this tour. The first time he wore make up was the first time he played live with them. That’s talent to know he’s coming in cold and they trusted him to do so. He was told to play more simple or “like the albums” I have audio and video footage of Paul and Eric talking about this from the Tokyo broadcast. (We will put that in our podcast ‘Right Between The Eyes’ when we record our episode for OTSB)
I still think some of Eric’s best work is with Avantasia on the Scarecrow album. Holy crap did not know he could play like that. But that being said there is no one else I’d want behind the kit for KISS. Listen to The Millennium Concert next to this. You can hear the difference in just attack on the drums and feel.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:12 pm
alanrosembung wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 pm Prove what to be true? That they lip synch, lie to the fans, do boring set lists, do the same show for decades, do half-ass releases and care only about money?

Yeah, I can see people who identity as twelve year old boys could find all those subjects to be uncomfortable truths.
Why do you invest your time and energy in expressing such “uncomfortable truths” on this message board? There’s something pathological about that. Posters like you are like spurned lovers appearing at their exes functions solely to bitch about them. I’m not going to argue your points. But it appears that you are bothered much more about KISS’ weaknesses and poor decisions than others here. Move on. There are many other bands who would sincerely appreciate your support.
There's the rub - you can be a fan of something and STILL acknowledge the uncomfortable truths. It is not mutually exclusive.
Of course, it isn’t. But when you persistently jump into the scrum solely to beat up on the ball, your effectiveness and impact as a player should be questioned.
TheSpoiler
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by TheSpoiler »

badmachineogm wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:39 am

Of course, it isn’t. But when you persistently jump into the scrum solely to beat up on the ball, your effectiveness and impact as a player should be questioned.
:idea:
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

That is your perception. It's been my experience on this forum, that the sunshine pumpers tend to ignore anything positive one says about KISS and only focuses on the posts that they deem to be negative as opposed to objective and fairly critical.
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:20 pm I like Eric Singers drumming when he sticks to Alice Cooper,Lita Ford,etc... But I always thought he sounded like ass in Kiss. Just not the right drummer for them. He's a professional,shows up on time,knows his role and shuts his mouth but he threw the Kiss sound way off kilter for me.
Agree 100%. Peter is/was perfect for the classic sound. I wouldn't change a thing about the drumming on the first 7 or 8 albums.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 am

That is your perception. It's been my experience on this forum, that the sunshine pumpers tend to ignore anything positive one says about KISS and only focuses on the posts that they deem to be negative as opposed to objective and fairly critical.
All criticism is subjective - determining what to "criticize," alone, is a subjective choice, as are the frequency and timing of expressions, words used and not used. It's ALL subjective. Blaming "sunshine pumpers" for the abundance for persistent negativity in this forum is illogical. You're not here to correct their beliefs.

Paul can't sing and lip syncs in concert.
Gene is old and boring.
Tommy and Eric are imposters.
Sonic Boom and Monster are unlistenable.
The A&E Biography will be a proliferation of lies and imbedded opinions on past members.

However valid any of these judgments might be, those who hold them should move their resources of time, opinion and support to another interest. It's clear KISS no longer is the band for you. Your opinions may very well be correct, but KISS today is your ex-band and it's time to move on. Deal with your hurt elsewhere. You'll feel better about it and so will many people on this fan board.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

badmachineogm wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:52 pm

All criticism is subjective - determining what to "criticize," alone, is a subjective choice, as are the frequency and timing of expressions, words used and not used. It's ALL subjective. Blaming "sunshine pumpers" for the abundance for persistent negativity in this forum is illogical. You're not here to correct their beliefs.

Gene is old and boring.
The A&E Biography will be a proliferation of lies and imbedded opinions on past members.

However valid any of these judgments might be, those who hold them should move their resources of time, opinion and support to another interest. It's clear KISS no longer is the band for you. Your opinions may very well be correct, but KISS today is your ex-band and it's time to move on. Deal with your hurt elsewhere. You'll feel better about it and so will many people on this fan board.
Or you can just use self discipline to ignore what you don't want to read and not whine about it or take it the next level and block opinions from people you don't like.

Many people here do like what I have to say. I am sorry you are not one of them.

I listen to KISS all the time and post what I like or love all the time. But again, people like only see what you want to see. Here is a refresher:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139232

The reality is that this fan forum is no different than any other fan forum. People praise the things they love and shit on the stuff they don't. This place is tame compared to a Star Wars forum.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:32 pm

Gene is old and boring.

Many people here do like what I have to say. I am sorry you are not one of them.
I’m sorry if I disappoint you, but I don’t know who you are. There are many artists I dislike - some with great passion. Some who have disappointed me for various and sundry reasons - notably Ted Nugent, John Entwistle and newer artists like Sunflower Bean, Paper Lions, Alex Lahey and Turnover. (Quite the list there at the end.) For the life of me, I can’t imagine investing time and effort going to their fan pages and forums to bitch about them. I can’t imagine getting so butt-hurt by a band that I needed share my pain on the InterWeb.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

badmachineogm wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Gene is old and boring.

I’m sorry if I disappoint you, but I don’t know who you are. There are many artists I dislike - some with great passion. Some who have disappointed me for various and sundry reasons - notably Ted Nugent, John Entwistle and newer artists like Sunflower Bean, Paper Lions, Alex Lahey and Turnover. (Quite the list there at the end.) For the life of me, I can’t imagine investing time and effort going to their fan pages and forums to bitch about them. I can’t imagine getting so butt-hurt by a band that I needed share my pain on the InterWeb.
This may be news to you - but it is perfectly acceptable to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly on a fan forum, which is what goes on here with KISS.

Perhaps you are confused and think a fan forum is only for circle jerk gushing over the band and nothing else. I don't think even Julien wants his forum to be that.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Gene is old and boring.

This may be news to you - but it is perfectly acceptable to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly on a fan forum, which is what goes on here with KISS.

Perhaps you are confused and think a fan forum is only for circle jerk gushing over the band and nothing else. I don't think even Julien wants his forum to be that.
Thank you for continuing to engage me in this senseless discourse - it’s fun!

“Fan” forum. Perhaps this is the source of our disagreement. Can you be a “fan” of a currently active band but not support what it’s currently doing? Or has been doing for the past two decades?

Interesting question, but it’s like being a fan of the United States for its once held policies on slavery, women’s rights and voting privileges for landed gentry. It’s just not where the country is today or will ever return to. So, why not just move on and begin supporting a country that still embraces these beliefs?

Oh, and my comments are not directed toward you. Remember, I don’t know who you are.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

badmachineogm wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:09 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Thank you for continuing to engage me in this senseless discourse - it’s fun!

“Fan” forum. Perhaps this is the source of our disagreement. Can you be a “fan” of a currently active band but not support what it’s currently doing? Or has been doing for the past two decades?

Interesting question, but it’s like being a fan of the United States for its once held policies on slavery, women’s rights and voting privileges for landed gentry. It’s just not where the country is today or will ever return to. So, why not just move on and begin supporting a country that still embraces these beliefs?

Oh, and my comments are not directed toward you. Remember, I don’t know who you are.
Yes, you can. That is the great thing about fan discussion.

For example, Star Wars fans love the franchise overall, but many hate the prequels and new movies with a passion and will say so on their fan forums. However they will still check out anything new. It's the same on any fan forum.

I am glad I could help you out.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

banks wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 am
Tito wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:39 am
pete8475 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:43 pm
Tito wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:52 pm No he doesn't, but never mind the album version, that's just a good illustration of someone playing drums and definitely not sounding like Peter Criss. But could just as well be any song here AFAIC.
Ah ok then. Forgive me for being a bit confused after being to told listen to a track Peter has never played and you'll hear that Eric isn't playing like Peter at all.
Oh I must apologise if this really was too complicated a concept for you to wrap your head around. The OP's chosen example was "I Love It Loud". I can also listen to the guitar solo in "No No No" and tell you it doesn't sound like Ace Frehley playing, even without having heard him attempt it. Amazing, isn't it?
I suggest you give up, Tito. In my estimation you have done all you can. Your original post was very clear already.
But I like Tito.
aceeg
Banned

Post by aceeg »

misterhand80 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 pm
aceeg wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:02 pm WHY BRING IN A NEW DRUMMER AND TELL HIM TO PLAY LIKE PETER CRISS THE DRUMMER THAT PAUL ALWAYS COMPLAINS ABOUT?
HE SHOULD SAY PLAY LIKE SINGER AND KICK ASS. BUT SINGER DOESNT KICK ASS IN KISS EVEN NOW!
Yet, for months, possibly years, all throughout this board, you have yearned for Ace to be back in KISS. You complain about Eric's drumming and Paul's voice, but, somehow Ace back in KISS would suit your needs for the band?
Yes Ace would bring back the magic ,Peter too,
But Ace has proved on his last 5 albums
He’s a producer, Sings well better then Paul,
Plays guitar great Mission to Mars,
The Slash , Ace dual solos on Emerald.
He’s the most talented member and he’s been
Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!
misterhand80
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by misterhand80 »

aceeg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 am
aceeg wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:02 pm WHY BRING IN A NEW DRUMMER AND TELL HIM TO PLAY LIKE PETER CRISS THE DRUMMER THAT PAUL ALWAYS COMPLAINS ABOUT?
HE SHOULD SAY PLAY LIKE SINGER AND KICK ASS. BUT SINGER DOESNT KICK ASS IN KISS EVEN NOW!
Yet, for months, possibly years, all throughout this board, you have yearned for Ace to be back in KISS. You complain about Eric's drumming and Paul's voice, but, somehow Ace back in KISS would suit your needs for the band?
Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!
Producer? KISS aren't making albums.

Sings well better than Paul? If in KISS, he would sing 2.5 songs per concert at most. Paul would still sing the majority of the show.

Your enormous bias is showing, fyi. You complain over and over about current KISS, but somehow those issues take a far back seat if you have Ace in the mix. Can't make this stuff up. :lol:
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Shawn71 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:17 am
Totally understand. So much negativity.
Exactly. It is ridiculous.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

badmachineogm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:54 am
alanrosembung wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 am

Imagine what you’ll become when you outgrow your pacifier and diapers!
LOL!
Peacebrother
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Peacebrother »

I've always loved the way Singer plays on this recording. Fire.
aceeg
Banned

Post by aceeg »

misterhand80 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 am
Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!

Sings well better than Paul? If in KISS, he would sing 2.5 songs per concert at most. Paul would still sing the majority of the show.

Your enormous bias is showing, fyi. You complain over and over about current KISS, but somehow those issues take a far back seat if you have Ace in the mix. Can't make this stuff up. :lol:
He could sing 5 songs to help Paul out!

If they did another recording Ace can Produce it
Record on ITunes for no cost!

I complain about Kiss because since the Farwell tour they declined dramatically!

Ace would be a asset.
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

aceeg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!

I complain about Kiss because since the Farwell tour they declined dramatically!

Ace would be a asset.
"Ace would be an asset" is the funniest thing I've read all day.
aceeg
Banned

Post by aceeg »

John Shaft wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:33 pm
Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!

Ace would be a asset.
Really! Have you listened to Aces last 5 albums?
They blow the last 2 Kiss albums away!
Kiss is lazy playing the same old song and dance for 15 plus years with no new music!
That’s the funniest thing!
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Weird post. Of course he sounds like Peter because he's paid to do just that. Without a shadow of a doubt, Eric's technique outshines Peter's. As to the swagger factor, well... Not to mention The Spoiler (not that I would know of course - although Kiss drummers with thick sticks seems to be something of a tradition).
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by John Shaft »

aceeg wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:18 am

Ace would be a asset.
Kiss is lazy playing the same old song and dance for 15 plus years with no new music!
The funniest thing is that Kiss has been entertaining THOUSANDS night after night (with the only complaints coming from the small handful of "usual suspects") and putting their money where their mouth is: the show.

Meanwhile, Ace has been entertaining HUNDREDS night after night (with ticket sales decreasing every year) while having to release album after album (including not ONE but TWO cover albums) that are constantly being re-issued in order to generate much needed revenue (because he sure isn't getting it from ticket sales).

Paul and Gene don't feel it is necessary to release new material. After close to 50 years doing this they have earned that right. The ones who disagree are the ones who would criticize Kiss no matter what they did. Sometimes the truth can be brutal and sometimes the truth hurts but, it is what it is, so deal with it.

Kiss doesn't need new music, financially, they are doing just fine.
Ace NEEDS new music in order to survive, financially.
Huge difference there but, going by your usual posts, you would never be able to recognize the difference.
aceeg
Banned

Post by aceeg »

John Shaft wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:51 am

Ace would be a asset.
The funniest thing is that Kiss has been entertaining THOUSANDS night after night (with the only complaints coming from the small handful of "usual suspects") and putting their money where their mouth is: the show.

Meanwhile, Ace has been entertaining HUNDREDS night after night (with ticket sales decreasing every year) while having to release album after album (including not ONE but TWO cover albums) that are constantly being re-issued in order to generate much needed revenue (because he sure isn't getting it from ticket sales).

Paul and Gene don't feel it is necessary to release new material. After close to 50 years doing this they have earned that right. The ones who disagree are the ones who would criticize Kiss no matter what they did. Sometimes the truth can be brutal and sometimes the truth hurts but, it is what it is, so deal with it.

Huge difference there but, going by your usual posts, you would never be able to recognize the difference.
Kiss is only getting away with it because of the Nostalgia!
If they didn't own the makeup they would be begging Ace and Pater back. And yes I do think that was a huge mistake for A&P selling the makeup!
Deadpool
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Deadpool »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, I'm reading all of the posts up to this point trying to see past the back and forth lobs and negativity.....and then this post drops like a CARE package from the sky and I just about lost it.

Whether you meant it that way or not, it hit me like comedy gold from the last panel of a Peanuts strip.

Thanks for that.

BTW, I don't hate this place, it's fun at times and I enjoy reading the various opinions---but it is sometimes hard to find genuinely interesting commentary on a given subject with so many taking every opportunity to be disparaging, and others spending so much effort arguing their "rightness".

Dissenting views are great and interesting, but obvious trolling and endless feudal exchanges certainly do pollute some otherwise interesting threads.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

Curveboy wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:08 am
Ozone1978 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm Eric Singer is fucking so overrated.
No, he's fucking not. Amazing drummer.

Bullshit if he isn't Eric Singer is way overrated worst drummer KISS ever had and he has a horrible attitude.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:32 pm I disagree. The drumming on this album is far and away more complex than what Peter could pull off.
I agree. I think Eric sounds great on this recording and better than what Peter could've given us at the same point in time that the show took place.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:59 pm
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:32 pm I disagree. The drumming on this album is far and away more complex than what Peter could pull off.
I agree. I think Eric sounds great on this recording and better than what Peter could've given us at the same point in time that the show took place.
He plays the songs way too fast and is way overplaying the songs. Sorry, Erc Singer sucks for KISS.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

The Eric and Ace lineup was the whole selling point here for me. I would have had no interest in a recording from around this period otherwise.
steve

Post by steve »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pmThe Eric and Ace lineup was the whole selling point here for me. I would have had no interest in a recording from around this period otherwise.
Absolutely agreed. Eric's return made the Japan/Aussie leg of the Farewell tour far more interesting than it would have been otherwise.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

Deadpool wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, I'm reading all of the posts up to this point trying to see past the back and forth lobs and negativity.....and then this post drops like a CARE package from the sky and I just about lost it.

Whether you meant it that way or not, it hit me like comedy gold from the last panel of a Peanuts strip.

Thanks for that.

BTW, I don't hate this place, it's fun at times and I enjoy reading the various opinions---but it is sometimes hard to find genuinely interesting commentary on a given subject with so many taking every opportunity to be disparaging, and others spending so much effort arguing their "rightness".

Dissenting views are great and interesting, but obvious trolling and endless feudal exchanges certainly do pollute some otherwise interesting threads.
No, YOUR comment was gold
caligari

Post by caligari »

Eric Singer’s drumming on Off The Soundboard...

(IMO)

Breaths life into a band and a set list,
that at the time sounded like a rotting carcass
(see “ALIVE! THE MILLENNIUM CONCERT”).
FanbAce1978

Post by FanbAce1978 »

Lars Ullrich... 😂
Eric Singer drums circles around him!
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

GACatmandu wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 pm

He plays the songs way too fast and is way overplaying the songs. Sorry, Erc Singer sucks for KISS.
The only drummer that sucked for KISS was Peter Criss.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

caligari wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:42 am Eric Singer’s drumming on Off The Soundboard...

(IMO)

True. That was a tired, knackered band before Singer rejoined. It was like dropping a new engine into an old car. Suddenly the band was being propelled instead of limping along. What a difference a drummer makes.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

caligari wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:42 am Eric Singer’s drumming on Off The Soundboard...

(IMO)

Gene & Paul ruined the Alive Millenium show by re-recording the entire show
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Curveboy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:13 am
GACatmandu wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 pm

The only drummer that sucked for KISS was Peter Criss.
Yeah - that’s the correct answer :roll:
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:28 am

(IMO)

Have you heard the original bootleg? They didn't ruin it. :lol:
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:10 am

(IMO)

Any live show - warts and all is better than the sterile, lifeless crap they released
caligari

Post by caligari »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:19 am

(IMO)

True. That was a tired, knackered band before Singer rejoined. It was like dropping a new engine into an old car. Suddenly the band was being propelled instead of limping along. What a difference a drummer makes.
Well put.
As a guitarist that’s played in (for the most part) “good” bands from my early teen to my 55th year,
worked in enough situations where I consider myself a “pro” - unless you define “pro” as “world famous”,
I have found that, the DRUMMER is the key.
I’ve seen bands that were “wobbly” do a complete 360*, just by getting a GOOD DRUMMER.
Not only for obvious timing and “chops” issues, but the other players in the band shine brighter and fall into place the minute the FOUNDATION becomes solid.

I LOVE what Peter did from 73 to 78, and I thought with all his “baggage” considered,
on the initial Reunion Tour,
for the most part,
he did great and to the best of his ability.
But by the time his final shows with the band came around, the physicality and his general unhappiness severely impeded his drumming.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

TwistedTaste wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 am

(IMO)

Any live show - warts and all is better than the sterile, lifeless crap they released
OK. If you're ever of a mind, check out the bootleg. It's quite funny.
caligari

Post by caligari »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:34 am

I can’t possibly sit and listen to 2:05:49 of that show, can you please list some “highlights”
Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

Sober for Over a decade!
Bring Ace back!
:lol:
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

caligari wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am

I can’t possibly sit and listen to 2:05:49 of that show, can you please list some “highlights”
Do You Love Me (convinced that Peter actually dozes off at one point in this, lol), Into The Void, etc. Jeez.
caligari

Post by caligari »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:25 pm
caligari wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am

Do You Love Me (convinced that Peter actually dozes off at one point in this, lol), Into The Void, etc. Jeez.
:lol:
Oh shit!
I’m gonna check those out
UltraCynic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by UltraCynic »

Eric is the MVP of this release. A truly great drummer with an exceptional voice.
gottaRockRockRawk
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by gottaRockRockRawk »

Eric sounds great in these clips, though I think the real compelling sound here is Ace's guitar pulling it all together. In general Eric blows Lars away since he doesn't copy/paste his fills...he actually plays them.

Lars peaked in '85 in Ride the Lightning and has relied on talented behind-the-scenes engineers ever since.
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by simmons & stanley »

Eric sounds like peter ? Really ? So maybe the revenge era never existed.Eric is aske to play like peter,that's why he sounds like..well peter.
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

aceeg wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 am
John Shaft wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:51 am

Kiss is only getting away with it because of the Nostalgia!
If they didn't own the makeup they would be begging Ace and Pater back. And yes I do think that was a huge mistake for A&P selling the makeup!
Doesn't matter if it's nostalgia or not. Fact remains, KISS are "getting away with it", as you put it. Then you go with the "if" game. You play that game. Facts are better.