Gene’s Weight

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Cow Tongue
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Gene’s Weight

Post by Cow Tongue »

He claimed to be 6’ 2” and 215lbs in Kiss’ prime. If that was true, I think 270lbs now. Amirite or amirite?
punky
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: Gene’s Weight

Post by punky »

I always remember reading 6'1", 165.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

There’s no way In hell he was 215lbs back then, way too skinny and energetic for that, the amount they moved each night was a complete body work out daily

I’d say about 162-
In the Suds
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by In the Suds »

The costumes are very unforgiving. Gene and Paul both look better in normal clothes.
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Bruce »

Gene did lose a lot of weight, around the time of the Dubois gig. My impresion -- and this is just me -- is that he's concerned about his health. He's much more aware of his aging than Paul seems let want to believe about his own.
sneed78

Post by sneed78 »

I would agree with 270 lbs nowadays... possibly even closer to 300 lbs than that. I’d say he’s weighed over 250 lbs since the Reunion.

He may have weighed 215 lbs in the 80’s, but in KISS’ heyday back in the 70’s, he was probably 150 to 165 lbs soaking wet. For someone 6’2 tall and being that thin, he was so spindly and lanky, he sometimes looked malnourished... which kinda added to his creepiness onstage:

Nowadays, he just kinda has a goofy-grandpa-dressed-as-Santa vibe, which is understandable, he is over 70 (at least he doesn’t go onstage with his bare belly button protruding over his leotard)...

So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

In the 70’s probably about 175 or so, which is still pretty thin at 6’2. Reunion era I’d say about 250. Now about 235.
Doose

Post by Doose »

He's probably about 225 now.

But according to Gene, with his outfit and boots, he's 445 pounds.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I just hope he is healthy...regardless of his weight! I think at this stage we are lucky to have our band alive and relatively healthy. I just want them around as long as possible...
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned

Post by whitesnake7575 »

Bruce wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:21 pm Gene did lose a lot of weight, around the time of the Dubois gig.
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Doose wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:19 pm He's probably about 225 now.

But according to Gene, with his outfit and boots, he's 445 pounds.
:lol: :lol:
Mr Slow
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Mr Slow »

In the Suds wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:05 pm The costumes are very unforgiving. Gene and Paul both look better in normal clothes.
That’s a good point. Even Eric (all 5’5” of him) looks very chunky in his stage gear but in his casual clothes he is a normal looking person who nobody would consider to be overweight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:33 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:05 pm The costumes are very unforgiving. Gene and Paul both look better in normal clothes.
That’s a good point. Even Eric (all 5’5” of him) looks very chunky in his stage gear but in his casual clothes he is a normal looking person who nobody would consider to be overweight.
Wow I knew Eric was short but not THAT short, just thought he looked shorter because he was around tall people.

He’s essentially Dio’s height (5”4)

Wow
Luchino
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Luchino »

true, and specially since Gene's arm sleeves are way too wide.. to me that makes him look fatter
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

Cow Tongue wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:30 pm He claimed to be 6’ 2” and 215lbs in Kiss’ prime. If that was true, I think 270lbs now. Amirite or amirite?
Are we counting the alleged 40 pounds of gear???
AceInTheHole
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceInTheHole »

Yes the gear makes him look bigger but that is an obvious observation that doesn't really address his actual weight. He is overweight. The proper weight for a male his height is between 170 and 210 pounds depending on body frame type from everything that I have read over the years by so-called experts or doctors or nutritionists. So even for a large frame male Gene is overweight, maybe not much but he is. I do not know how many pounds he should lose. People 70 years old should not be overweight. It is bad for their health. It behooves him to loose at least a little weight or more. Yes I said behooves.
Last edited by AceInTheHole on Sun May 16, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gothunder

Post by gothunder »

Genes 6'2
Ace 6'1
Paul 6'
Pete 5'9
Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow »

gothunder wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:36 pm Genes 6'2
Ace 6'1
Paul 6'
Pete 5'9
Ace definitely isn’t 6’1”. I’ve met him twice. Once was at an airport in 2001 where I stood next to him and shook his hand. I was surprised he was shorter than me (I’m 6’2”). And then a couple years ago at the GS vault where he spent all afternoon in the same room as Gene & co. I’d say Ace is around 5’11”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

I'll try to make my observations less obvious going forward. :(

Seriously though, my point was I don't think Gene looks that heavy. But maybe my perspective on that has changed. I used to be very thin when I was younger and now I'm not so maybe my idea of what's fat has changed. Kind of how like how ''old'' is someone who's older than me.
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

Gene does have exercise equipment in his house so I'm sure he works out at least a bit. It's obvious that Nick uses it the most followed by Shannon. Sophie joined the vegan cult so let's hope she doesn't pig out and bloat up on carbs to replace the meat protein the body actually does need once in a while or you could actually develop some sort of medical condition.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

AstroWarped wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:46 pm Gene does have exercise equipment in his house so I'm sure he works out at least a bit. It's obvious that Nick uses it the most followed by Shannon. Sophie joined the vegan cult so let's hope she doesn't pig out and bloat up on carbs to replace the meat protein the body actually does need once in a while or you could actually develop some sort of medical condition.
I would love to hear Gene’s comments on veganism
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I think Gene looks really good for his age.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

rwgriffith wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm I think Gene looks really good for his age.
He has a got a lot of work done, he’s started to look like Shannon they definitely have the same doctor

https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 96x464.jpg
image.jpeg
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

http://www.snakkle.com/wp-content/uploa ... -split.jpg
image.jpeg

Does anyone know when Gene first stated getting f work done ?

That pic there is in 1989
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Bear in mind people get shorter as they age. After age 40, you lose around a centimeter in height every ten years...if Gene was 6’2” in his 20s and 30s, chances are he's just topping six foot now, and even if he's carrying the same amount of timber that he was twenty years ago, he'll look fatter because he's shorter.

By the same token, the earlier post about about Ace being shy of six foot is almost certainly correct...he's 70 and will have lost at least an inch in height from his prime.
KissJJM

Post by KissJJM »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:21 am
Wow I knew Eric was short but not THAT short, just thought he looked shorter because he was around tall people.

Wow
We all cant be perfect like you
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

KissJJM wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:17 pm
FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:21 am

Wow
We all cant be perfect like you
Sorry do I know you?
Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Coventry1973 »

There was no way he was 6'2 and 215 in 75-79 (KISS' prime).
More like 6'2 and 170 or so.
I remember seeing a thigh high boot from Lydia Criss. Very skinny thighs. Lydia said that Gene used to put on her boots to joke around. The thigh part of the boot would have fit maybe my calf. There was no way Gene at 215 would have been able to put that boot on