Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

Image

Whenever the widow of Neil Bogart is mentioned in a thread, it usually generates alot of interest. Much of it relating to her beauty, as it pertained to the Casablanca days, when KIϟϟ was under her husband's label. But is that all its about, then, just the usual "Oh! She was so cute 50 years ago!" 0r else, that she just so happened to be Neil's wife? What's the fascination -- and what are your thoughts on the former Mrs. Bogart during that timeframe?
User avatar
In the Suds
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4802
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by In the Suds »

Well, you can count me as one of those that thinks she was really hot. But she has more going for her than that, and she certainly played a more important part in the story than just happening to be Neil's wife. Joyce was there at the beginning and is one of the most important people in early KISStory right up there with Bill and Sean and Neil.
Last edited by In the Suds on Sat May 15, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by kiss-1976 »

I'd love her to put out a book. Just to get her perspective of the early days of the band and moving onto getting married to Neil and her stories
User avatar
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Location: Catawba NC

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Tallbear13 »

Hearing here story of how much was on the line with the label and the band new stories
User avatar
Sam T Serpent
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5535
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:50 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Sam T Serpent »

I highly doubt that’s Edward Przydzial (how ever it’s spelt) in the photo. Dudes a lunatic and compulsive liar.
Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7700
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

I've read stories about Edward. None of them put him in a positive spotlight.

It would be great to hear Joyce speak about what it was like back then.
I think the last time she spoke about the band was for the 2001 VH-1 KISS special.

She also did a lot of behind the scenes stuff for the other artists on Casablanca.
George Clinton (Parliament/Funkadelic) speaks kindly about her in his book.
User avatar
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Bruce wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:23 pm Image

Whenever the widow of Neil Bogart is mentioned in a thread, it usually generates alot of interest. Much of it relating to her beauty, as it pertained to the Casablanca days, when KIϟϟ was under her husband's label. But is that all its about, then, just the usual "Oh! She was so cute 50 years ago!" 0r else, that she just so happened to be Neil's wife? What's the fascination -- and what are your thoughts on the former Mrs. Bogart during that timeframe?
Prior to marrying Neil, she co-managed the band for a while as far as I'm aware.
User avatar
Julien
Don't miss it!
Posts: 15406
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Julien »

Interesting that Neil had divorced his first wife, Elizabeth, in Sept. 1975. "Beth, I hear ya callin', but I can't come home right now."
User avatar
In the Suds
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4802
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by In the Suds »

Yeah no way that's really Przydzial. I didn't notice that caption before. What's really crazy is he's selling this on fineartamerica.
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

So ... Neil Bogart was married to Beth Weiss from 1965 and had three children with her. Until, that is, Joyce The Homewrecker came along. Did not know any of this, previously!
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3450
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Could Kiss have made it without Neil?
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sneed78 »

Joyce had a Debra Winger vibe and was insanely cute... and probably really smart and sweet:

Image

No wonder Peter and Paul are coppin’ a feel right in front of their label boss:

Image
User avatar
Under The Rose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4309
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Under The Rose »

Image
User avatar
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Marty Scurll »

I'm more interested in what Gene and Austin Powers were talking about!
User avatar
In the Suds
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4802
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by In the Suds »

There's a part in Nothin' To Lose where she talks about standing outside the Coventry with a clicker to make sure they didn't get ripped off on their part of the door. Anyone who goes back far enough to have been doing that is an OG...as the kids (used to) say.
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sneed78 »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm Could Kiss have made it without Neil?
No.

But more importantly, they couldn’t have made it if Bill hadn’t given them the time of day in ‘73. They most likely would have struggled on for another six months to a year before disbanding and forming/joining other bands, getting jobs/careers, quitting music to raise a family, committing suicide, etc.
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

Sir.............................................
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:34 pm Prior to marrying Neil, she co-managed the band for a while as far as I'm aware.
That's interesting, because I never knew that and various sources confirm it including the following link. It does make me curious what stamp she personally left on the band, if any.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-fi ... -contract/
Terry Zeppelin
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Terry Zeppelin »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm Could Kiss have made it without Neil?

Yes.
I think they would've sold more records with a major label. Casablanca was an indie label until KISS and Donna Summer's popularity took off. The real question is...

Could KISS make it without Bill??

No.
User avatar
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by FiveCardStud »

sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Joyce had a Debra Winger vibe and was insanely cute... and probably really smart and sweet:

Image

No wonder Peter and Paul are coppin’ a feel right in front of their label boss:

Image
That’s not copping a feel at all
User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3450
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Terry Zeppelin wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:57 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm Could Kiss have made it without Neil?

Yes.
I think they would've sold more records with a major label. Casablanca was an indie label until KISS and Donna Summer's popularity took off. The real question is...

Could KISS make it without Bill??

No.
But Neil did pay for some concerts for them for radio stations.
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by whitesnake7575 »

Bruce wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:48 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:34 pm Prior to marrying Neil, she co-managed the band for a while as far as I'm aware.
That's interesting, because I never knew that and various sources confirm it including the following link. It does make me curious what stamp she personally left on the band, if any.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-fi ... -contract/
She and Bill comanaged the band. Then she married Bogart and it was a massive conflict of interest. So she stepped aside and Bill was sole manager. One of many things about the history of the band that has been swept under the carpet over the decades.
User avatar
sugardaddy
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12569
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:05 pm
Location: Menfuss
Contact:

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sugardaddy »

She was cute 20 years ago too
User avatar
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Bruce wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:48 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:34 pm Prior to marrying Neil, she co-managed the band for a while as far as I'm aware.
That's interesting, because I never knew that and various sources confirm it including the following link. It does make me curious what stamp she personally left on the band, if any.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-fi ... -contract/
From what I remembered she managed the band with Bill, but after marrying Neil stepped down as her relationship could have caused a conflict of loyalties.
User avatar
monkafunk
Banned
Banned
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:26 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by monkafunk »

Def attractive back in the day, not bad for an old broad now.
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

There was a stretch, from what I was reading, that Neil was collecting a hundred million a year. Not sure for how many years, though, the article didn't say. The article related to the Bogart biopic that got scrapped and said that during that period, Neil had neglected to file his taxes. It failed to mention how this played out, or got resolved.
User avatar
Julien
Don't miss it!
Posts: 15406
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Julien »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:29 am From what I remembered she managed the band with Bill, but after marrying Neil stepped down as her relationship could have caused a conflict of loyalties.
Image

Joyce and Neil didn't marry until May 28, 1976.

Kenny Kerner recounted in an interview how discussions between the band and producers got back to Neil, presumably via Joyce...

https://www.kissconcerthistory.com/inte ... kerner.php
User avatar
DeKiLaLoMa
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:42 am
Location: Pistoia, Italy

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by DeKiLaLoMa »

sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Image
Don't Bogart that Joyce...
User avatar
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13064
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Kissologist »

sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Image
What a great pic :)
User avatar
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Julien wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:29 am From what I remembered she managed the band with Bill, but after marrying Neil stepped down as her relationship could have caused a conflict of loyalties.
Image

Joyce and Neil didn't marry until May 28, 1976.

Kenny Kerner recounted in an interview how discussions between the band and producers got back to Neil, presumably via Joyce...

https://www.kissconcerthistory.com/inte ... kerner.php
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sneed78 »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:49 pm
sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Joyce had a Debra Winger vibe and was insanely cute... and probably really smart and sweet:

Image

No wonder Peter and Paul are coppin’ a feel right in front of their label boss:

Image
That’s not copping a feel at all
Peter’s playing air guitar on her breast, what would you call it?
User avatar
Diss
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5241
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Diss »

Crap, saw this thread title and thought it must be the title of a new book she's written. I would love to read something written by her.

Oh, and she was hot. Feisty hot.
User avatar
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by FiveCardStud »

sneed78 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 am
FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:49 pm
sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Joyce had a Debra Winger vibe and was insanely cute... and probably really smart and sweet:

Image

No wonder Peter and Paul are coppin’ a feel right in front of their label boss:

Image
That’s not copping a feel at all
Peter’s playing air guitar on her breast, what would you call it?
Unless she has tits like Betty White that is her abdomen
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sneed78 »

FiveCardStud wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 am
sneed78 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:20 am
FiveCardStud wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:49 pm
sneed78 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm Joyce had a Debra Winger vibe and was insanely cute... and probably really smart and sweet:

Image

No wonder Peter and Paul are coppin’ a feel right in front of their label boss:

Image
That’s not copping a feel at all
Peter’s playing air guitar on her breast, what would you call it?
Unless she has tits like Betty White that is her abdomen
Ok then, he’s coppin a feel on her abdomen...
User avatar
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8821
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Bruce »

Sure. No problem.
jetcity
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by jetcity »

kiss-1976 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:33 pm I'd love her to put out a book. Just to get her perspective of the early days of the band and moving onto getting married to Neil and her stories
Joyce has always struck me as incredibly protective of the TJ Martell Foundation and the work she has done for it over the decades. I don't know this for sure, as I've only spoken to her once or twice directly, but I've always suspected that she is very wary about writing a book about the Neil / Casablanca / KISS years.

I mean, hey, it was rock and roll and there was sex, and drugs, yadda yadda...and theoretically the Martell's benefactors might wrinkle their noses if something perceived as less than snowy-white-virtue came to light about Joyce's past. I'm not sure she has much to gain in rehashing those stories.
User avatar
jkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2316
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by jkiss »

jetcity wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 pm
kiss-1976 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:33 pm I'd love her to put out a book. Just to get her perspective of the early days of the band and moving onto getting married to Neil and her stories
Joyce has always struck me as incredibly protective of the TJ Martell Foundation and the work she has done for it over the decades. I don't know this for sure, as I've only spoken to her once or twice directly, but I've always suspected that she is very wary about writing a book about the Neil / Casablanca / KISS years.

I mean, hey, it was rock and roll and there was sex, and drugs, yadda yadda...and theoretically the Martell's benefactors might wrinkle their noses if something perceived as less than snowy-white-virtue came to light about Joyce's past. I'm not sure she has much to gain in rehashing those stories.
I'm sure the idea of ever doing so (candidly & honestly) is totally unappealing to her. I would guess if she wasn't going to get burnt at the stake like a witch over telling her complete story (w. family, friends, business associates, etc.) ...she gladly would & probably even love to.

And with Neil & Joyce's marriage, as far as I'm concerned was an open marriage. Also, from the sounds of Neil, he was into getting as funky as one can ever get (perhaps Joyce, too). I doubt there's any easy way she could tell it all like it really was, not without personal consequences.

:wink:
Last edited by jkiss on Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Julien
Don't miss it!
Posts: 15406
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Julien »

image.png
Billboard Magazine, June 9, 1973
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by mikeenc »

She managed Donna Summer and featured prominently in the “Summer” musical that came out a few years back…really good show if you get a chance to see it and both Joyce and Neil are portrayed in a mostly positive light.
Hey Stan!
Banned
Banned
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Hey Stan! »

In the Suds wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:33 pm Well, you can count me as one of those that thinks she was really hot. But she has more going for her than that, and she certainly played a more important part in the story than just happening to be Neil's wife. Joyce was there at the beginning and is one of the most important people in early KISStory right up there with Bill and Sean and Neil.
7+ out of 10. Very nice.
User avatar
missingdiver
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5188
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 pm
Location: 10 East 23rd Street

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by missingdiver »

A honest tell all book from her would be pure gold. Without Neil paying to have Alive put out, which was not a good decision at the time, Kiss would have been done with a fork stuck in them. Brilliant gambler like move for Neil to put out Alive!
User avatar
JJ Smalling II
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by JJ Smalling II »

Julien wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm image.png

Billboard Magazine, June 9, 1973

Wow! I forgot how far back Howard Marks goes in association with the band.

These four people took care of four other people. What a great shot!
JohnBergless
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by JohnBergless »

She’s still alive? Is she on social media? Believe it or not, it is very possible that as a kid in 1975, with my family - we ran in to her while on vacation. Would love to ask her
User avatar
In the Suds
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4802
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by In the Suds »

JohnBergless wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:01 pm She’s still alive? Is she on social media? Believe it or not, it is very possible that as a kid in 1975, with my family - we ran in to her while on vacation. Would love to ask her
She's on Instagram.
User avatar
sneed78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3065
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by sneed78 »

Julien wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm image.png

Billboard Magazine, June 9, 1973
Image
Bogart’s lookin like:

Image

Image
User avatar
Phyllis Simmons
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5668
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Bruce wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:23 pm Image

Whenever the widow of Neil Bogart is mentioned in a thread, it usually generates alot of interest. Much of it relating to her beauty, as it pertained to the Casablanca days, when KIϟϟ was under her husband's label. But is that all its about, then, just the usual "Oh! She was so cute 50 years ago!" 0r else, that she just so happened to be Neil's wife? What's the fascination -- and what are your thoughts on the former Mrs. Bogart during that timeframe?
Not sure there's a "fascination" as such... But I actually thought this thread was maybe announcing the release of a book - "Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years". :lol:

Mmm - I thought that is a book I'd definitely be interested in.. I like the books of the real people who were really there in key roles! I liked CK Lendt's book, Larry Harris' Casablanca book... Joyce could possibly do one of the best books of the lot.. Kiss' early co-manager, close to Bill and Sean, married to Neil.. I'd love to see a book from her, it could be a good thing..
jetcity
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 am

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by jetcity »

JJ Smalling II wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:42 pm
Julien wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm image.png

Billboard Magazine, June 9, 1973

Wow! I forgot how far back Howard Marks goes in association with the band.

These four people took care of four other people. What a great shot!
Bill Aucoin used some of Howard Marks Advertising's office space dating back to the early 1970s, several years before Marks became 'officially' involved in KISS.
User avatar
JJ Smalling II
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Joyce Bogart Trabulus: The Casablanca Years

Post by JJ Smalling II »

jetcity wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:13 pm
JJ Smalling II wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:42 pm
Julien wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm image.png

Billboard Magazine, June 9, 1973

Wow! I forgot how far back Howard Marks goes in association with the band.

These four people took care of four other people. What a great shot!
Bill Aucoin used some of Howard Marks Advertising's office space dating back to the early 1970s, several years before Marks became 'officially' involved in KISS.
Absolutely right! Thank you!
Post Reply