Dressed To Kill blue Bogart label

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Randall Stevens
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Dressed To Kill blue Bogart label

Post by Randall Stevens »

Maybe this is a post better suited for the collecting forum, if so... admin by all means...

I recently started collecting vinyl. I'm starting to get used at what to look for to determine pressings and whatnot. Today I picked up a Dressed To Kill blue Bogart pressing(as well as Alice Cooper Lace And Whiskey w/original insert and order form for only $6!!!). My question is how rare are the blue label? If they are at all? Discogs has been a great help, but sometimes the prices feel somewhat off. So, any tips for a 40 year old novice would be appreciated. What are some of the more rare KISS pressings? Any great stories about finds? I love the forum and the ARMY!!!
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Dressed To Kill blue Bogart label

Post by rwgriffith »

I don’t know much about collecting, but cool finds!!
CHRIS ARMY
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by CHRIS ARMY »

They're cool because the blue labels are the first pressing. So, if collecting, you always need to find the first labels used for each album. But, they're not rare. The blue labels went from the first album to Destroyer.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

You would probably have a tougher time finding a DTK Camel label.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

I’m more reserved and am going to get alot of hate for this BUT albums (or anything for that matter) worth depends on what someone is willing to spend. Sure albums are listed with a particular value but if the album isn’t selling (on ebay for example) and it sells after lowering the value then that is the true value of the album. I view them as houses. Just because something is valued at a particlur price doesnt mean thats what you will get. You have to get the right buyer that “needs” it.
Last edited by johnkissfan1974 on Sat May 15, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:52 pm I’m more reserved and am going to get alot of hate for this BUT albums (or anything for that matter) worth depends on what someone is willing to spend. Sure albums are listed with a particular value but if the album isn’t selling (on ebay for example) and it sells after lowering the value then that is the true value of the album. I view them as houses. Just because something is valued at a particlur price doesnt mean thats what you will get.
This used to be the case when this stuff was more niche (even 3 years ago) but this stuff has such a big market now that there is going rates on these things.
caligari
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by caligari »

It was not me
BUT
the best “find” I ever heard of was
Someone purchased a KISS ALIVE!
and along with the photo booklet,
inside one of the gatefold sleeves
was a Mint copy of the very 1st KISS Concert Program!
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

CHRIS ARMY wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:58 pm They're cool because the blue labels are the first pressing. So, if collecting, you always need to find the first labels used for each album. But, they're not rare. The blue labels went from the first album to Destroyer.
I prefer the first pressings too
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Randall Stevens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm Maybe this is a post better suited for the collecting forum, if so... admin by all means...

I recently started collecting vinyl. I'm starting to get used at what to look for to determine pressings and whatnot. Today I picked up a Dressed To Kill blue Bogart pressing(as well as Alice Cooper Lace And Whiskey w/original insert and order form for only $6!!!). My question is how rare are the blue label? If they are at all? Discogs has been a great help, but sometimes the prices feel somewhat off. So, any tips for a 40 year old novice would be appreciated. What are some of the more rare KISS pressings? Any great stories about finds? I love the forum and the ARMY!!!
2 weeks ago I purchased a vg++ blue label DTK at a local record store and paid $25 for it. I don’t know the pricing guides for Kiss albums anymore but I thought I paid a good price for my copy.
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

CHRIS ARMY wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:58 pm They're cool because the blue labels are the first pressing. So, if collecting, you always need to find the first labels used for each album. But, they're not rare. The blue labels went from the first album to Destroyer.
Was the first non blue label album The Originals?
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:04 pm
Yes. The Originals and Rock and Roll Over were the “camel” labels
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:05 pm
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:04 pm
Yes. The Originals and Rock and Roll Over were the “camel” labels
:thumleft:
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by battra »

My copies of Hotter Than Hell (acquired for $7) and Dressed To Kill ($5) are both blue label.

Both sound amazing.
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

DTK blue label is worth about $25. You won't find it at most used record stores. You have to buy it on Ebay or at a record convention.
Randall Stevens
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Randall Stevens »

battra wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 pm My copies of Hotter Than Hell (acquired for $7) and Dressed To Kill ($5) are both blue label.

Both sound amazing.
Hotter Than Hell is my most wanted at the moment. I just refuse to buy a new issue, and really would prefer to not use ebay and such.
Kissoff
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kissoff »

Randall Stevens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm Maybe this is a post better suited for the collecting forum, if so... admin by all means...

My buddy stumbled on the Originals white label promo. twas mint. Blue label albums are not so uncommen but should be snatched up. Nice job!!!
battra

Post by battra »

Randall Stevens wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:04 pm
battra wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:20 pm My copies of Hotter Than Hell (acquired for $7) and Dressed To Kill ($5) are both blue label.

Both sound amazing.
Hotter Than Hell is my most wanted at the moment. I just refuse to buy a new issue, and really would prefer to not use ebay and such.
Both of these were found in the wild...that's kind of the only way I will buy Kiss records at this point.

I got a debut in the wild for $15 a few weeks back.