ARTWORK/PACKAGING SUGGESTIONS IF ALIVE II WAS RELEASED AS A DELUXE EDITION

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

ARTWORK/PACKAGING SUGGESTIONS IF ALIVE II WAS RELEASED AS A DELUXE EDITION

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Lets say Alive II gets a deluxe edition treatment. What would be a cool package including the artwork?

I would love a repro of ‘77 lunchbox (thicker width) to house all the goodies. (I do know there already is a repro of it) you open it and you would have a mini LP cd styled deluxe edition which opens up to 4 discs. The inside “live shot” currently featured on the Alive II album would now be the outer cover - (Ace and Paul would be the front/ Gene on the back) at the bottom of the image all of the wording is removed and the logo and alive II deluxe edition is in its place. The back side (Gene) all the wording is removed at the bottom and the disc contents are now listed.

The mini LP cd cover opens to alternate individual shots of the members FROM THE SAME SHOOTS AS THE ORIGINAL BACK COVER (gene with blood on his face, paul with the light behind him and etc). A cd is housed in a sleeve behind each face.

The lunchbox also features an extensive booklet thoroghly documenting the LG/Alive II tour. 4 high quality scaled (smaller sized) repro posters are present recreating the individual Alive II solo posters (Ace smoking guitar, Paul with the guitar between his legs and etc). A mail in order form is present featuring reproductions (and new but time accurate) products that can be ordered for a limited time (repro ‘77-78 tourbook, 5 never before seen posters, tshirt repros and etc). The lunch box would include one more “surprise” which would turn out to be a keepsake scrapbook of newspaper articles from the LG/Alive II tour.

The contents on the disc would be the full/unmixed 3 night LA Forum shows (note: not all of the songs were recorded BUT two people who have knowledge confirm Hooligan WAS recorded at the LA Forum, all alternate takes of the studio tracks, the full Tokyo, Japan ‘77 shows, and all radio advertisements/interviews the band has in their archives (uncut).

Lastly DVD’s of all the tv news segments, commercials, 8mm footage, and shows that the band has in their archives from the LG/Alive II tour (Including the Tokyo ‘77 shows).
Bruce
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: ARTWORK/PACKAGING SUGGESTIONS IF ALIVE II WAS RELEASED AS A DELUXE EDITION

Post by Bruce »

I've no ideas, myself, but I'm always glad to see it when KIϟϟ fans still get all enthused about the brand and what it might be releasing!
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Bruce wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 am I've no ideas, myself, but I'm always glad to see it when KIϟϟ fans still get all enthused about the brand and what it might be releasing!
Thanks to Kiss/Bill Aucoin packaging always lures me in! I love the visual packaging mixed with the audio presentation and Kiss was known for this in thier later 70’s albums
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 am
Bruce wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 am I've no ideas, myself, but I'm always glad to see it when KIϟϟ fans still get all enthused about the brand and what it might be releasing!
Thanks to Kiss/Bill Aucoin packaging always lures me in! I love the visual packaging mixed with the audio presentation and Kiss was known for this in thier later 70’s albums
Packaging was always a big thing with me back in the very early eighties when I first got into KISS. I remember being very disappointed when The Elder was released. No cool cover, no poster or other goodies and not one single shot of the band anywhere. However, unlike everyone else I liked the music and it still ranks high on my KISS album list.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Dr Borgo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:30 am
Packaging was always a big thing with me back in the very early eighties when I first got into KISS. I remember being very disappointed when The Elder was released. No cool cover, no poster or other goodies and not one single shot of the band anywhere. However, unlike everyone else I liked the music and it still ranks high on my KISS album list.
I personally like the Elder vs Creatures. I’m the rare exception I know but Creatures just doesn’t do much for me as far as material.
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 am
Dr Borgo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:30 am
I personally like the Elder vs Creatures. I’m the rare exception I know but Creatures just doesn’t do much for me as far as material.
Agreed. Except for the title track and maybe War Machine, I don’t like any of the other songs very much. I do love the Creatures era though.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:08 am Gatefold :

https://i1.wp.com/vinylwritermusic.com/ ... C543&ssl=1
Whoah!! 🤩

That would be great!!!!
cgtrman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cgtrman »

Your idea would sell more than enough to ju$tify it for all involved. It’s maddening to see P&G not release cool stuff like this. Any doubt that G&P care about the fans can be laid to rest with the lack of cool releases. Plus Paul will never agree to release Hooligan on an Alive 2 deluxe edition since it would put money in the pocket of his most sworn enemy. Sigh ..,
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by LordThurisaz »

If it was given the deluxe treatment, I'd want each show recorded, in full and untouched. Aside from that, not interested.
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:40 am If it was given the deluxe treatment, I'd want each show recorded, in full and untouched. Aside from that, not interested.
This! Plus on blu-ray or 4k disc regardless of the original resolution of the print used, simply to hold more information and use less discs.

I have other blu-rays that do that! If they only have VHS quality of some shows then they could upscale, it helps a little regardless, look at the "Command and Conquer" remastered game for example.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Any alive 2 would be welcome to me. My fave album and era, then have a Creatures one, my 2nd fave era
kissalive90
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissalive90 »

cgtrman wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:39 am Your idea would sell more than enough to ju$tify it for all involved. It’s maddening to see P&G not release cool stuff like this. Any doubt that G&P care about the fans can be laid to rest with the lack of cool releases. Plus Paul will never agree to release Hooligan on an Alive 2 deluxe edition since it would put money in the pocket of his most sworn enemy. Sigh ..,

Gene & Paul don't own their back catalog, so it's not up to them what does or does not get released. Universal Music owns it, and they do (or don't do) what they please, regardless of what Gene & Paul think or want.
cgtrman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by cgtrman »

kissalive90 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:25 pm
cgtrman wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:39 am Your idea would sell more than enough to ju$tify it for all involved. It’s maddening to see P&G not release cool stuff like this. Any doubt that G&P care about the fans can be laid to rest with the lack of cool releases. Plus Paul will never agree to release Hooligan on an Alive 2 deluxe edition since it would put money in the pocket of his most sworn enemy. Sigh ..,

Gene & Paul don't own their back catalog, so it's not up to them what does or does not get released. Universal Music owns it, and they do (or don't do) what they please, regardless of what Gene & Paul think or want.
Bummer
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

The big thing?
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

joma5477 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:23 pm The big thing?
This is not it, no.
whitesnake7575
Banned
Banned

Post by whitesnake7575 »

Comes with a 600 page booklet in the jewel case, written by Rad Rosley.