Leppard/Motley tour bumped to ‘22. Will Kiss tour be bumped, too?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Leppard/Motley tour bumped to ‘22. Will Kiss tour be bumped, too?

Post by scottbassist »

I just saw this. Makes me wonder if EOTR dates will be bumped to 2022?

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley- ... m_term=UCR
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Re: Leppard/Motley tour bumped to ‘22. Will Kiss tour be bumped, too?

Post by rwgriffith »

Good question...
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by TT714 »

Wouldn't be surprised. But kiss isnt playing huge stadiums, so maybe they'll pass.
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by nibbler1982 »

There’s roughly $75,000,000 in tickets sold already for the upcoming listed dates and another leg of 30-50 shows to be added subsequently.

I don’t know when they’re gonna be played...

But they’ll be played.
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Marty Scurll »

By then who's gonna care? This tour has lost tons of momentum.
Philly Cheese
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Philly Cheese »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm By then who's gonna care? This tour has lost tons of momentum.
There will automatically be momentum for large scale shows. People are dying to stand in an arena/stadium and share a rock show. KISS and the Stadium Tour and others will have an audience.
metaldad

Post by metaldad »

I have no doubt now because of the CDC announcement, they will definitely be touring
mot$$33
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by mot$$33 »

CDC is USA only.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Motley still has to play to their "new audience of fans that discovered us after the movie" that have already forgotten who they are
Tallbear13
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Tallbear13 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:14 pm There’s roughly $75,000,000 in tickets sold already for the upcoming listed dates and another leg of 30-50 shows to be added subsequently.

I don’t know when they’re gonna be played...

But they’ll be played.
Yeah the ticket company do not won't have to give money back so when they're gonna be played is the question
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Marty Scurll »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:11 pm Motley still has to play to their "new audience of fans that discovered us after the movie" that have already forgotten who they are
Haha, yeah that’s what I was saying. That Netflix momentum is over.
NHKISSFAN
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by NHKISSFAN »

Genesis just added a 2nd night in Boston, mid-December because their first sold out at $200+ for nearly every seat in the place. There is an enormous desire for live shows. Since they’ve done a couple legs across the States on the EOTR I just hope KISS will tour the U.K. and the rest of Europe for our FAQ friends there to enjoy the show. Very glad Australia has recovered as it has and that the boys will be there in the Fall.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

NHKISSFAN wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm Genesis just added a 2nd night in Boston, mid-December because their first sold out at $200+ for nearly every seat in the place. There is an enormous desire for live shows. Since they’ve done a couple legs across the States on the EOTR I just hope KISS will tour the U.K. and the rest of Europe for our FAQ friends there to enjoy the show. Very glad Australia has recovered as it has and that the boys will be there in the Fall.
$200 to see Phil Collins sit in a chair for a couple of hours. No thanks.
Soylent Gene
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Soylent Gene »

Philly Cheese wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:15 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm By then who's gonna care? This tour has lost tons of momentum.
There will automatically be momentum for large scale shows. People are dying to stand in an arena/stadium and share a rock show. KISS and the Stadium Tour and others will have an audience.
Ya think?
DaveinSpain
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by DaveinSpain »

I live in Madrid and Kiss is still listed as playing the Wizink center on the 4th of July. I'd love to see Kiss on the 4th of July but for these prices I'll listen to Kiss Alive! Anyway the show was sold out a year and a half ago and Madrid is not opening concerts to 100% capacity so I'd love to see how they handle this. At civic centres concerts are all like 50% capacity and oddly they've all been moved to afternoons or late mornings. We currently are not under any time or movement restrictions,but we are still under capacity restrictions for everything from bars to shops to sports. As of now our football/soccer league still does not allow spectators. Also Iron Maiden scheduled to play the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona in June has been moved to June 2022.
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

With all the time, Def Leppard, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Motley Crew and Poison have had to sit out the touring, I sure do hope

that this tour will bring us fresh new set-lists with all new songs from new studio albums and only a few old or rare stuff from each band!

So sick of the stale old tunes set-lists getting way overplayed, so please shake it up vigorously!
Kissologist

Post by Kissologist »

Some bands have announced by now re-scheduling or cancellations for summer shows.
Nothing from KISS camp so I think they're a go
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Kissologist wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:56 am Some bands have announced by now re-scheduling or cancellations for summer shows.
Wait for all the other bands to cancel so KISS can sell out everywhere, genius
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

FiveCardStud wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:59 am
Kissologist wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:56 am Some bands have announced by now re-scheduling or cancellations for summer shows.
But you can already hear the distant whine: "ah they only sold out those shows because people were desperate after covid" :lol: :lol:
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Whatever finally gets KISS to the very end of that road.
Starbandit74
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Starbandit74 »

mot$$33 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:09 pm CDC is USA only.
Heck the CDC was severely behind the science, so you would hope the rest of the world wouldn’t be too much further behind.
Di3go
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Di3go »

Who would've thought that in the end they were right about the tour lasting for 3 years.
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:33 pm
FiveCardStud wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:59 am
But you can already hear the distant whine: "ah they only sold out those shows because people were desperate after covid" :lol: :lol:
LOL

Yes I can see the tears forming into rivers as we speak
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Starbandit74 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:40 pm
mot$$33 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:09 pm CDC is USA only.
Heck the CDC was severely behind the science, so you would hope the rest of the world wouldn’t be too much further behind.
I don’t think any country is going to come out of this looking golden.
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

One the one hand yes some people can't wait to go back to concerts but I also think quite a lot of people won't go to any major capacity event until everyone is vaccinated and the pandemic is over.

The next few years are going to be bumpy.
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

KISS tend to cancel shows days before they are meant to go ahead. Download is cancelled so I think its safe to assume Europe is now 2022 (we would have also had pics of them rehearsing on social media).

As for America shows, I guess the same fait due to the shows having normal capacity seats and not a socially distanced plan.

If you wanna see a show, get to down under!
Mike5477
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Mike5477 »

I have tickets for KISS in Chicago this September.....7th row. If this show gets bumped again, I'm going to see about a refund.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

NHKISSFAN wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm Genesis just added a 2nd night in Boston, mid-December because their first sold out at $200+ for nearly every seat in the place. There is an enormous desire for live shows. Since they’ve done a couple legs across the States on the EOTR I just hope KISS will tour the U.K. and the rest of Europe for our FAQ friends there to enjoy the show. Very glad Australia has recovered as it has and that the boys will be there in the Fall.
True, but Genesis hasn’t toured since 2007 (14 years ago) and they’re playing way fewer dates than Kiss, so yeah, I would hope Genesis could do two nights in the same venue. 🙂 That’s not a knock on Genesis or Kiss; I love both Kiss and 1971-1982 Genesis. I just wish Hackett, Gabriel and Chester Thompson were involved in the new Genesis tour.
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

Gee Willikers. Every single member of all these bands - KISS included - better take damn good care of themselves. And I’m not talking about COVID or anything involving music. I mean Workouts, diets, makeovers and arthritis. Damn can all these men and women hold out that long without complications?

It used to be, oh we going on tour - let’s rehearse, put together a set list and design a show that can be transported around the continent. Shit; now that’s the easy part. You can pay people to make all that happen. Waking up in the morning, being able to do your job day after day and maintain your integrity - and keep entertaining people .... now that’s a REAL JOB. Good luck to all.
ftjr1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ftjr1974 »

So Cruel wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 pm
But he can't dance and he can't talk. The only thing about him is the way that he walks.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

Bloody hell, Genesis will be like night of the living dead.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

scottbassist wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 pm
True, but Genesis hasn’t toured since 2007 (14 years ago) and they’re playing way fewer dates than Kiss, so yeah, I would hope Genesis could do two nights in the same venue. 🙂 That’s not a knock on Genesis or Kiss; I love both Kiss and 1971-1982 Genesis. I just wish Hackett, Gabriel and Chester Thompson were involved in the new Genesis tour.
One weird thing about the Genesis tour (so far anyway) is that there isn't a single west coast show in America, and no shows at all west of Detroit and Chicago. Very strange. That'll probably change tho'. I also can't believe the "cheap" seat at their MSG shows is $256 plus fees.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:11 pm Motley still has to play to their "new audience of fans that discovered us after the movie" that have already forgotten who they are
old Andy was really looking forward to seeing mostly crue along with def leppard‚ joan jett and poison----
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:36 pm Whatever finally gets KISS to the very end of that road.
in the movie `dead end` the road never ends......
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

redinthesky wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:34 pm
scottbassist wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 pm
One weird thing about the Genesis tour (so far anyway) is that there isn't a single west coast show in America, and no shows at all west of Detroit and Chicago. Very strange. That'll probably change tho'. I also can't believe the "cheap" seat at their MSG shows is $256 plus fees.
Yeah, I agree. Living near the South, quite a few bands skip over my region when it comes to touring. I did see Peter Gabriel solo in 2003, and Chester Thompson in 2016. Both were great shows. I’d love to see the new Genesis tour. But they’re coming nowhere near me, so far.
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by muddfoot »

That’s funny and true

That movie is an oldie now - but Vince has time to get some cardio in
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by muddfoot »

That’s funny and true

Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

muddfoot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 am
That’s funny and true

After this amount of time I’d expect Vince to be back to his TFFL size!
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

Pete2174 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:38 am
muddfoot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 am
That’s funny and true

After this amount of time I’d expect Vince to be back to his TFFL size!
By now he's probably the size of the whole TFFL lineup.
Hotter Than Heck

Post by Hotter Than Heck »

I had tickets for this & also for Hella Mega (Green Day/Weezer)

I waited a year but I'm not waiting two. I put in for my refund

My Hella Mega show is supposed to be in August so we'll see if they postpone that one till 2022 as well. If so I'll grab a refund there too, but I'd rather go to the show in August

My brother has tickets for the Kiss show in Clarkston, MI in September. I wonder if that one will get pushed & if so how long till it's pushed. I think he'll keep those tickets tho, we'll see

I'm just tired of waiting. I want my money to earn interest for me, not for Live Nation or the Detroit Tigers or whoever else
Agerst1574
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Agerst1574 »

I think that people are overstating the demand to pay high prices to see shows. Yes, the Genesis shows have done well in terms of selling tickets but there is another way to look at it. There is only so much disposable income out there. With all of the bands dying to get on the road, a number of bands are going to suffer in terms of their ability to sell tickets and I think Kiss is going to be one of them. Remember they have already played many markets once, so going back a second time is going to be more of a struggle. While I don’t think shows will be half empty, I do think a lot of them will not sell out. I also think that getting tickets the night of will be ridiculously easy.

I want to go to Atlantic City in August but I am waiting until I absolutely know the shows are happening. I think the best thing for the band to do is to make a major announcement that the tour is resuming. Given that many bands have already announced tours I am perplexed why Kiss is holding off on an announcement.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Wow, poor Phil's health issues have certainly affected him. Unrecognisable here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

steveh67 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 pm
Wow, poor Phil's health issues have certainly affected him. Unrecognisable here.
I don't mean to sound critical of Phil Collins, I was never a fan but I was never a hater either. He's always been mega-talented, and I certainly wish him nothing but the best possible health. With Genesis or solo, he's had mega-success.

However, when someone is critical of Kiss/Gene and Paul for "doing it for the money," look at Phil Collins. I mean, look at the guy. When someone is looking like that, is in such ill health and has to sit in a chair to perform an entire show, and travel via wheelchair, they are 100 percent without a doubt "doing it for the money." Look at the Genesis ticket prices. Whatever the extremely generous amount of money Phil individually was offered (I'm guessing the money for the band members isn't a three-way split, but it may be), the amount was enough to get him to commit to struggling through a tour. Gene and Paul, who also do it for the money, if one loves what Kiss is today or not, they go out every day and night and really bust their asses. Hard. They really earn it. They don't throw on jeans and sit in a chair.

All I'm saying is, maybe the next time someone wants to accuse Gene and Paul of being greedy and doing it only for the money, think of Phil Collins.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

redinthesky wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:25 pm
I don't mean to sound critical of Phil Collins, I was never a fan but I was never a hater either. He's always been mega-talented, and I certainly wish him nothing but the best possible health. With Genesis or solo, he's had mega-success.

However, when someone is critical of Kiss/Gene and Paul for "doing it for the money," look at Phil Collins. I mean, look at the guy. When someone is looking like that, is in such ill health and has to sit in a chair to perform an entire show, and travel via wheelchair, they are 100 percent without a doubt "doing it for the money." Look at the Genesis ticket prices. Whatever the extremely generous amount of money Phil individually was offered (I'm guessing the money for the band members isn't a three-way split, but it may be), the amount was enough to get him to commit to struggling through a tour. Gene and Paul, who also do it for the money, if one loves what Kiss is today or not, they go out every day and night and really bust their asses. Hard. They really earn it. They don't throw on jeans and sit in a chair.

All I'm saying is, maybe the next time someone wants to accuse Gene and Paul of being greedy and doing it only for the money, think of Phil Collins.
Both are very likely doing it for the money. The fact Gene and Paul can walk doesn’t really change anything. Hell, maybe Collins knows this is his one last chance to sing these songs to an audience so that’s his motivation. Unlikely but who knows. I also think using canned vocals is much worse then sitting in a chair to sing.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

Ya, it’s sad. People get old and shit happens.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

So Cruel wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:42 pm

Both are very likely doing it for the money. The fact Gene and Paul can walk doesn’t really change anything. Hell, maybe Collins knows this is his one last chance to sing these songs to an audience so that’s his motivation. Unlikely but who knows. I also think using canned vocals is much worse then sitting in a chair to sing.
Oh yes there's no doubt that Gene and Paul are doing it for the money, and I can't blame them. They want to take advantage of one last swing selling the merch and with ticket prices at an all-time high all around for everyone, they don't wanna miss out. After five decades, they deserve that IMO. I guess I'm just saying it's not just them, and they at least can really still put out, without serious health compromises. They can still really give people a value for the money.
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by So Cruel »

redinthesky wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:51 pm
So Cruel wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:42 pm

Oh yes there's no doubt that Gene and Paul are doing it for the money, and I can't blame them. They want to take advantage of one last swing selling the merch and with ticket prices at an all-time high all around for everyone, they don't wanna miss out. After five decades, they deserve that IMO. I guess I'm just saying it's not just them, and they at least can really still put out, without serious health compromises.
Ya, money plays a factor in every major artist who’s out there, some more then others. I think for Kiss at this point (and for a long, long time) Gene and Paul are not looking at it from an artistic point of view but a business point of view. Recording a new Kiss record has no value to them because there’s no money to be made from it.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

So Cruel wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:57 pm Ya, money plays a factor in every major artist who’s out there, some more then others. I think for Kiss at this point (and for a long, long time) Gene and Paul are not looking at it from an artistic point of view but a business point of view. Recording a new Kiss record has no value to them because there’s no money to be made from it.
Truth, it's sad for the fans but I can't even really blame them for that. It's really better that they don't do it at all then try to force an album out. Although I still have a scant hope that the originals will record just one or two more single tracks for digital sale to end it all with. Snowball's chance in hell but crazier things have happened :)
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Velvis »

Yes in multiple cities with multiple nights in stadiums.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

Mike5477 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:32 pm I have tickets for KISS in Chicago this September.....7th row. If this show gets bumped again, I'm going to see about a refund.
I have 11th row for Milwaukee, hoping for no bumps.

The Brewers are going to open their park to full capacity in Milwaukee so that's a good sign the show will go on I guess.