Post your story of getting something stage used at a show

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
TT714
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Re: Post your story of getting something stage used at a show

Post by TT714 »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 am 1984 one of Bruce's picks landed INSIDE my shirt.

Still no idea how he managed it.
I was front row at a metallica show a couple years back and they threw out like a few thousand picks at the end and one landed in my hoodie lol
ozweepay
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ozweepay »

My friend has an Eric Carr drumskin. From Animalize tour. His drum tech was changing the heads before the show, we were down in front. We asked for some sticks, he said he didn't have any to give away. But he threw a used skin out towards us like a Frisbee. My friend caught it. It hangs on his wall to this day, with a pic of Eric Carr from a magazine inside it. He never got it autographed.
Glasgow Kiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

It's funny when you end up with something you weren't really wanting. I collect picks - not drumsticks - and was front row for a show Deep Purple and Peter Frampton did at the SECC.

At the end of Purple's set I was specifically looking for a Roger Glover pick because I already had several Steve Morse ones. They'd come down the front and I was trying to make eye contact with him, only to inadvertently do so with Ian Paice who gestured to me to lean forward over the barrier and handed me a stick.

Worked out well enough in the end as I scored one of Glover's picks off his tech.
muddfoot
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by muddfoot »

I’ve got several guitar picks, my son got drumsticks on a couple occasions (From Eric S) but I was happiest to get Genes lysterine cup after he blows the fire. It literally fell off stage and rolled right to be (front row bonus) - bonus was at the same show genes microphone foamie (he bit it and spit it out- we caught it)

One of my friends got Paul’s broken guitar at Creatures tour (before they were for sale) as well as Eric Carrs drumsticks!

I was so happy for him...slightly jealous
spongeworthy
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by spongeworthy »

On the Animalize tour I was front row and caught 2 of Paul's picks, and one from both Gene and the new guy Bruce.
I was wearing a cheap Kiss arm band that I bought at a head shop and threw it onstage. Gene picked it up, looked at this bootleg item he didn't make any money off of, and tossed it back to me. Such a fun show!
KissCannibal
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by KissCannibal »

I have an actual setlist from the stage that Gene used on July 18th,2011 from the Springfield,Illinois show. It's got his "blood" on it too.